Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
And now there actually IS an update!
But the site's crashed. Boooooooo.
Edit: AND NOW IT'S NOT BROKE.
Okay, so the planet seems to be HOPESPLODE-ing.
Also shirts! And promises of BIG THINGS coming to the WP store!
The only one of those I really would like is the Jade one.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

KaosMachina posted:

And now there actually IS an update!
But the site's crashed. Boooooooo.

Looks like everyone refreshing for the update is crashing the website. I wonder what broke with the server.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Jade is awful at being evil.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
So it looks like Jade and Jane have a lot more autonomy than we first thought. Aranea out-controlling Condy seems plausible now.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I do miss AR, now.

It's interesting to get (further) confirmation that EvilJade isn't just HiC personally at the wheel all the time. It's more like... evil autopilot.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Well, that's the bonus of communion with critters. Jane seems set up to be Skull Monster's servant the moment Condy finds a window to escape.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Freudian posted:

He's halfway there.

Don't post about Koos's hotpants.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I came as soon as I could; Are we still discussing Koos' hotpants?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Koos' hotpants are always topical.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Thundarr posted:

Koos' hotpants

Nixon: Jesus Christ.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Obviously I'm missing some context. Who's Koos and why is he such a big deal?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

KaosMachina posted:

Koos your next account should be called KoosMachina tia.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

KaosMachina posted:

Koos is Trickster Dolash

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

KaosMachina posted:

You've posted in this thread for almost a year, come on now.

Koos Group is a guy who gets banned every time he posts outside of FYAD but he can't resist joining us here in the Homestuck thread every so often and also stalking SuperMechaGodzilla I guess?

Here this'll tell you everything you need to know about his history: http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2428

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Koos might literally be Donald Trump.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Wouldn't it be easier to make a new account without the Koos name in it to avoid getting banned? These shenanigans just seem highly silly.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just got caught up on the past week of updates. Man, Aranea is just so boring I can't really even care about what she's trying to do. I really hate this "twist" or whatever too. At least this last thing looks sorta interesting.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Angry Walrus posted:

Wouldn't it be easier to make a new account without the Koos name in it to avoid getting banned? These shenanigans just seem highly silly.

Well, yes, but then nobody would know it was him.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

:stare: I wonder if this is Jake's Hope power kicking in or it's still the "healing"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Seriously Andrew, get a better webhost.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Site crashed. Did it update again?

EDIT: Oh. Oh poo poo.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Am i missing something, or is that thing in the last panel an angel from Eridan's land?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Oh it's back. Nevermind. At least I got in before it went down again. Seriously Andrew. Better webhost.

Dorroile posted:

Am i missing something, or is that thing in the last panel an angel from Eridan's land?

Yeah, all three panels show Angels escaping from the pillar of light. Didn't Eridan say something about a prophesy dealing with The Lord of all Angels?

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I wouldn't know, I only got to see the first of the new panels before the ole 503 kicked in. :(

Edit: Ah, managed to get to see the remaining panels. Yep, definitely angels going on. No idea if this is Aranea's healing or if Jake's doing the Hopey Thing here. Either way, something big's definitely goin' on here. Might be time for Jade and Jane to Pose Like a Team.

Wyld Karde fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 8, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Uh oh, angels are supposed to usher in "the end" aren't they?

I never thought I'd say this but someone better bring Eridan back!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Seriously Andrew, get a better webhost.

"What would you say if I said a vengeful boy on a path of nihilism was taken under the wings of fearsome angels, and learned to destroy hosts with their light?"

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Tunicate posted:

"What would you say if I said a vengeful boy on a path of nihilism was taken under the wings of fearsome angels, and learned to destroy hosts with their light?"

I would say that's getting a bit too meta, even by MSPA standards. So it's probably deliberate.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So...does Jade still have the copy of Ahab's Crosshairs Eridan made her alchemize? Because if these Angels are hostile, they're going to need that level of firepower.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Blackheart posted:

I never thought I'd say this but someone better bring Eridan back!

A Prince of Hope is one who destroys hope, and Jake looks like he's pretty much made of the stuff now. Watch Jake become Lord English, then Eridan will come back to life to kill him and promptly go off and sulk when it still doesn't get him laid.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Oh it's back. Nevermind. At least I got in before it went down again. Seriously Andrew. Better webhost.

Yeah what's going on with the site? It's been years since we've had the site crashing when there's been an update problem (aside from major flashes).

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Pyroi posted:

So...does Jade still have the copy of Ahab's Crosshairs Eridan made her alchemize? Because if these Angels are hostile, they're going to need that level of firepower.

It takes like, a full minute of autofire from that to take down an Angel. Jade's gonna need to alchemize a bigger gun. Or just use her Grimbark Dog Tier powers. That'd probably do it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Can't say I was expecting those leathery douches to make another appearance.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Looks like the old SSJ3 edit needs to be updated.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

I wonder if it means anything that Davesprite has a similar shape to an angel.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Blackheart posted:

On a fairly meta level, this whole Aranea section is putting me in the mind that Homestuck is finally gearing up for its conclusion.

Like, still some way off yet. But a character is doing something proactively, so is probably sparking the chain of events that'll end the story.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I hope this Ark of the Covenant poo poo isn't melting any faces.

Vvvvvvvv yeah... Really hoping she doesn't lose her new eyes like a couple of runny eggs.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 8, 2013

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

^^^ damnit. That's what I get for grabbing a link to something everybody has already seen anyway!

Yo, Jade, Jane. I know you're cosmic badasses right now, but that hopesplosion may actually be kind of dangerous for you! After all, bad things tend to happen to villains when pulpy action guys, angels, and ominous special effects come together. You might want to consider being elsewhere.

Also, Aranea might have re-deaded herself much faster than anybody anticipated.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Seoinin posted:

Personally I don't think Jake is in the wrong for freaking out. I'm just pissy because this whole Aranea is Turning Evil subplot is teetering between "not hugely interesting" and "actually pretty stupid and unnecessary" in my mind.

It's like, hey mang - remember that thing where a Serket fucks up large? The thing that has currently happened twice already? Well get ready for the shameless cash-in threequel.

I dunno -- one of Vriska's most important fuckups was creating (one of the) major A2/B1 villains. The Ouroboros theme almost requires that Aranea do the same in A1/B2.

In fact, it's so essential that I'm about 99% certain it was included on the one page crib note sheet that Hussey claims was the extent of his preplanning for the whole saga.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Also, Aranea might have re-deaded herself much faster than anybody anticipated.

She is still a Godtier, and that would strike me as an Unheroic death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Normally I'd be concerned about all this but Jake is such an awful character that anything is an improvement at this point. He could literally transform into Eridan and still be less annoying.