Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Gangringo posted:

It's a sign from the Grandmatriarchs!

But what does it mean?

It means that you are an actual grandma and you need to degauss your crt monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007
So I am working on a (true) neverclick run and have a self-imposed rule that I can never let grandma-baked cookies outstrip "manually" (cursor click) baked cookies.

Roadblocked at Communal Brainsweep and it's pretty painful.

My calculations say I'll have 200 cursors in about five days...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Anyone who does any form of cheating in Cookie Clicker, up to and including all scripts, is worse than Hitler there I said it.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone who does any form of cheating in Cookie Clicker, up to and including all scripts, is worse than Hitler there I said it.

Cheating is just another name for winning :getin:

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Thinking of resetting for True Neverclick. If I go for true do I also get the normal neverclick as well or do I have to do two separate runs?

Also, anyone having trouble with Uncanny clicker that doesn't want to use autohotkey or anything just enable Mouse Keys with alt + shift + numlock and enable the left click with / then spam 5 while clicking the cookie to get it in a couple seconds.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Cheating is just another name for winning :getin:

Whatever helps you sleep at night Heinrich.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Built a cookie mining rig.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

dis astranagant posted:

The cost is exponential in the number of grandmas O(1.15^n), Value is quadratic in grandmas, O(.4n^2). A quadratic function will never catch an exponential function after the exponential becomes greater.

Ugh, yeah, I somehow got them mixed up :(

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
Should I be keeping my cookie bank low or high? Any reason not to spend as soon as I get the cookies? I'm at 3m cps if that matters

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

awesmoe posted:

Should I be keeping my cookie bank low or high? Any reason not to spend as soon as I get the cookies? I'm at 3m cps if that matters

As far as I can tell it depends on how costly it is to buy stuff vs. how long you have to wait at the current CpS. Personal preferences. A lot of the later upgrades I'm finding are really expensive, though, and you get diminishing returns for most building purchases past 50 (though there are achivements for getting them all to 100, so if you want more milk...)

Greyman
Apr 20, 2005

Kyoujin posted:

Thinking of resetting for True Neverclick. If I go for true do I also get the normal neverclick as well or do I have to do two separate runs?

Also, anyone having trouble with Uncanny clicker that doesn't want to use autohotkey or anything just enable Mouse Keys with alt + shift + numlock and enable the left click with / then spam 5 while clicking the cookie to get it in a couple seconds.

You get both at once. It wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be.

deptstoremook
Jan 12, 2004
my mom got scared and said "you're moving with your Aunt and Uncle in Bel-Air!"

awesmoe posted:

Once you get to the endgame (lol), you want to keep your cookies at least at 126,000*CPS. Once you get the "Get Lucky" upgrade, you stand a pretty good chance of getting a (gold cookie) Frenzy followed by a Lucky while the Frenzy is active.

Because Lucky gives you either 1,800*CPS or 10% of your cookies (whichever is lower), Lucky during a frenzy can give you 12,600*CPS (3.5 hours) with the full amount banked. It's pretty much the only way to get late upgrades. That really only applies once you can swing the 77 trillion "Get Lucky" upgrade, though. I think I pushed for it around 400m CPS. For you, spend spend spend I'd say, especially because the exponential function hasn't really kicked in yet.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm confused about Communal Brainsweep. It gives each grandma +1 cps for every 50 grandmas owned. Doesn't that mean if I have 100 grandmas, I would get +2 cps for those 100 grandmas, which would only give me an extra 200 cps? That seems like nothing!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yes, but there's several upgrades and achievements that hinge on you picking that upgrade.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Cameron posted:

I'm confused about Communal Brainsweep. It gives each grandma +1 cps for every 50 grandmas owned. Doesn't that mean if I have 100 grandmas, I would get +2 cps for those 100 grandmas, which would only give me an extra 200 cps? That seems like nothing!

Base, before factoring in other upgrades that double CpS. Owning all 10 grandma CpS doubling upgrades gives you a multiplicative factor of 2^10, or 1024. You get an additional 204800 CpS, before milk and cookie upgrade multipliers.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
About 210 trillion-ish away from my 100th time machine. :f5:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Should I go for the Quintillion Fingers first, or save up for Get Lucky? At this point they'll cost about the same, I'm at 540 million CpS.

On the one hand I want to wait for Get Lucky, because it'll give a bigger benefit. On the other, in order to profit the best from Get Lucky I'll need to save up even more :gonk:

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I can't tell if this is all an elaborate in-joke or not.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I did it, I quit this game, I even hard reset to make sure I never had the temptation to come back to it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

sirtommygunn posted:

I did it, I quit this game, I even hard reset to make sure I never had the temptation to come back to it.

Version 1.4 released

You just instinctively clicked

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

sirtommygunn posted:

Don't worry, the cookie will still be there when you return.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sodium Chloride posted:

Don't worry, the cookie will still be there when you return.

I think that cookie is broken, I keep clicking it but I get no sense of satisfaction.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Cloks posted:

I think that cookie is broken, I keep clicking it but I get no sense of satisfaction.

By jove, we may have discovered a way for people to kick the game! We'll create a mimic page where clicking the cookie does nothing, and, wait, how did she get-----

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

nimby posted:

Should I go for the Quintillion Fingers first, or save up for Get Lucky? At this point they'll cost about the same, I'm at 540 million CpS.

On the one hand I want to wait for Get Lucky, because it'll give a bigger benefit. On the other, in order to profit the best from Get Lucky I'll need to save up even more :gonk:

What's Get Lucky for? Is it something you unlock with 777 golden cookies? I haven't unlocked it yet.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What's Get Lucky for? Is it something you unlock with 777 golden cookies? I haven't unlocked it yet.

It doubles the length of Golden cookie bonuses. Meaning two cookies can overlap.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Okay, I'm reading that I should have unlocked that for purchase at 77 golden cookies clicked. Is there a known bug, because I have 414 golden cookies clicked and I can't find it anywhere.

edit: I do have the leprechaun achievement, which is for 77 golden cookies clicked. But no upgrade.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

See you when the dungeons hit. :shepicide:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Okay, I'm reading that I should have unlocked that for purchase at 77 golden cookies clicked. Is there a known bug, because I have 414 golden cookies clicked and I can't find it anywhere.

edit: I do have the leprechaun achievement, which is for 77 golden cookies clicked. But no upgrade.

Click one more golden cookie and it should shake loose, the upgrade seems to only be triggered on an actual click of a golden cookie.

weavernaut
Sep 12, 2007

i'm so glad to have made such an interesting new friend
Did the Mathematician achievement get taken out?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

weavernaut posted:

Did the Mathematician achievement get taken out?

Nope, still have it.

weavernaut
Sep 12, 2007

i'm so glad to have made such an interesting new friend
I have 1 time machine, 2 portals, 4 alchemy labs, etc. all the way up to 128 grandmas. What am I missing here?

H2Omelon
Aug 31, 2009

weavernaut posted:

I have 1 time machine, 2 portals, 4 alchemy labs, etc. all the way up to 128 grandmas. What am I missing here?
You need at least 128 cursors too.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

weavernaut posted:

128 cursors.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

weavernaut posted:

128 cursors?

e: SNAAAAKE!

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

If you clicked them before the upgrade was added, you need to click one more golden cookie on a version that has the upgrade.

Has to do with how the code unlocks it.

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

Get Lucky really breaks the end-game open. The ability for the Lucky! 7x77 to be worth half a trillion and also net you 6T instead of .8T from the doubling-up effect makes completing the game far more realistic.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Does the "next cookie" timer start when I click a cookie or when a cookie appears? That is, if I wait for a cookie to just-about-disappear did I delay the next cookie by 52s or did I make it more likely to get a 77x lucky?

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

kaschei posted:

Does the "next cookie" timer start when I click a cookie or when a cookie appears? That is, if I wait for a cookie to just-about-disappear did I delay the next cookie by 52s or did I make it more likely to get a 77x lucky?

The "next golden cookie timer" starts when you click a golden cookie. Waiting to click a cookie does nothing.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOHEU7Ykyg&t=140s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I have become grandma, destroyer of worlds.

• Locked thread