Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I want an Injustice 360 Goon tourney where Rubdown and Unbound get matched up first round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.

AndyElusive posted:

I want an Injustice 360 Goon tourney where Rubdown and Unbound get matched up first round.

I would love to see this. Both of them are very exciting players and seeing their styles against each other would be excellent.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

deepshock posted:

I would love to see this. Both of them are very exciting players and seeing their styles against each other would be excellent.

...and then Blackout and Arikado can play each other.

...and then I can get a bi because Iron drops out of our match.

Edit: and then deepshock wins the entire thing.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 30, 2013

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I am exciting and powerful and I only fight for cash.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Holy Calamity! posted:

I still gotta spend time getting knocked around by your Flash. It's the only way to get better.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy Calamity! posted:

Don't forget you also fight for Slaughter Swamp infamy.

Speaking of...Is that room even around still or did they ditch that poo poo?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wait, is that thing saying I won a round in the Losers' Finals? That is lies.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

Rubdown would take me to school. But it would be a fun first round.

AndyElusive posted:

...and then Blackout and Arikado can play each other.

...and then I can get a bi because Iron drops out of our match.

Edit: and then deepshock wins the entire thing.

Most likely this, except it's Iron with the bi.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
Dang, y'all sure do talk a lot of junk. I don't see any results though. I. Win. Tournaments. Bam.

I'm sorry to say that the PS3 tournament will not go on. Only two people signed up. I thought it'd be a bit better than that.

I'm not sure when I'll make the next one. I'd like to have a better turnout because it would be a lot more fun for everyone.

I uploaded a couple more ragequit videos:

http://youtu.be/LKrDmhc4g5s

http://youtu.be/QVXlB6j2Twc

That's all I've got for now.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Dang, y'all sure do talk a lot of junk. I don't see any results though. I. Win. Tournaments. Bam.

I'm sorry to say that the PS3 tournament will not go on. Only two people signed up. I thought it'd be a bit better than that.

I'm not sure when I'll make the next one. I'd like to have a better turnout because it would be a lot more fun for everyone.

I uploaded a couple more ragequit videos:

http://youtu.be/LKrDmhc4g5s

http://youtu.be/QVXlB6j2Twc

That's all I've got for now.

I'm just going to assume that no one wanted to play me :colbert:

Serious answer: I think the real issue is that it's Labor Day weekend, so everyone's going out of town (which I couldn't help but notice the god-awful traffic on the interstate on my way home from work tonight). Maybe try scheduling it again in the middle of the week?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Holy poo poo Grrrr's Bane is so good.

So far the stream's basically been - Raven/Black Adam: MY BACK! :qq:

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

Edit: Good god, Martian Manhunter mirror match.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 1, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I frequently hear people complain about how they don't like mirror matches, but I've always enjoyed playing the mirror match in pretty much any FG. What do you guys think? I'm especially fond of Superman vs. Superman online because they always seem to rely on his gimmicky stuff and if you just play solid you can win every time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The issue I have with Injustice mirror matches is that the alt colors of many default skins are functionally identical to the main colors, making poo poo hard to follow. Batman takes the cake with the default skin and Insurgency skin being the same drat costume on top of having no real difference between P1 and P2 color schemes.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Lurdiak posted:

The issue I have with Injustice mirror matches is that the alt colors of many default skins are functionally identical to the main colors, making poo poo hard to follow. Batman takes the cake with the default skin and Insurgency skin being the same drat costume on top of having no real difference between P1 and P2 color schemes.

Batman mirror matches with the Batman Beyond skin are just as bad. The only notable difference is that P1 has white eyes and P2 has red.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Shinji2015 posted:

Batman mirror matches with the Batman Beyond skin are just as bad. The only notable difference is that P1 has white eyes and P2 has red.

huh. So that's what that was. I think if you take enough damage they turn red too.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

I thought he had little red circuity lines too?

Also Insurgency Batman is more armored. Bulkier armor, anyway.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

WarEternal posted:

I frequently hear people complain about how they don't like mirror matches, but I've always enjoyed playing the mirror match in pretty much any FG. What do you guys think? I'm especially fond of Superman vs. Superman online because they always seem to rely on his gimmicky stuff and if you just play solid you can win every time.

I never liked them because I always liked the difference in fighting styles and how they interact with eachother. It can also become kind of boring when an optimal strategy and combos have been discovered so it's just two players with the same gameplan trying to land the exact same thing.

Lurdiak posted:

Injustice Batman's alt color is ghetto Batman Begins, very different from the original color palate.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Injustice at GGA: http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade

Their tournament seems to be done already but there's still casuals.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Ed Boon posted the first "taste" of the balance patch changes. It's for Lobo. He gets a 50/50 special mixup now.

http://twitpic.com/dc49jd

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm extremely pumped about Lobo buffs.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Hahaha, buffs are now "upgrades" and nerfs are "normalization", gotta love it. Hopefully this thread will be less dead when the patch comes out.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

WarEternal posted:

Hahaha, buffs are now "upgrades" and nerfs are "normalization", gotta love it. Hopefully this thread will be less dead when the patch comes out.

I know in my case I just needed a break from the game, plus I've been messing with the new Jojo's game. I'll definitely be back to Injustice when the patch comes out and figuring out if combos have changed/have new optimizations for various characters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Those changes seem nice but do you think there will be more DLC (specifically characters) or this' the last support for Injustice?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Those changes seem nice but do you think there will be more DLC (specifically characters) or this' the last support for Injustice?

There's at least one more costume DLC pack coming out, being that images were leaked of a Man of Steel skin for Zod.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I'd be surprised if there were more characters, but I expect more skins since some are practically new characters they don't have to design any moves for.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
It seems like they're done adding more characters to the game, which is a shame, really. I need my symmetry.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Krad posted:

It seems like they're done adding more characters to the game, which is a shame, really. I need my symmetry.

Yeah, I was really hoping for Static Shock. And when they started posting the results of the poll for DLC Characters I got my hopes high.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

Krad posted:

Did this get actually confirmed?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Interstellar Owl posted:

Did this get actually confirmed?

It's just a guess, but it seems likely, considering Boon hasn't hinted at any new characters ever since Zatanna got released. You know how much he enjoys trolling people with hints.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Looking forward to all the Superman and Batman buffs NRS has planned.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Looking forward to all the Superman and Batman buffs NRS has planned.

Superman is just a lovely design and needs to be nerfed due to the sheer safeness of everything he does combined with his retarded zoning and corner damage. But as far as I know Batman is all about safe trait pressure and resets, which aren't nearly as obvious to nerf. What makes him so good that he needs to be taken down a peg? Honestly curious.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

AndyElusive posted:

Looking forward to all the Superman and Batman buffs extra costumes NRS has planned.

Fixed that for you.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Krad posted:

Fixed that for you.

It's early and your fix is actually what I meant.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

Krad posted:

It's just a guess, but it seems likely, considering Boon hasn't hinted at any new characters ever since Zatanna got released. You know how much he enjoys trolling people with hints.

I find that if that's the case, we got REALLY bad recent DLC. I would loved Swamp Thing instead of Zatanna imo,.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Lobo, Zod, and Batgirl are all pretty "eh". I regret buying the season pass, I didn't even get the 1 character I might actually play (MM). It's disappointing that they didn't add a single out-of-the-box character.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So I finally finished all the battles in the Injustice mobile app and found out that the super secret hidden final prize is...the prison outfit for Superman.

gently caress. You.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Bane buffs:

http://twitpic.com/dcqzrs

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yesssss. I've always had faith in you Bane, now feast further upon pubbie tears. :unsmigghh:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I'm eagerly awaiting for my well deserved Flash buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo Xbox dudes, want to download Injustice for free?

quote:

1. On your computer make a new Windows Live account with Costa Rica as your region (an Outlook address is easiest).

2. On your Xbox make a new profile, again with Costa Rica as your region.

3. Use the Outlook address when you have to enter an email.

4. Go to the tab that lets you press Y to search.

5. Search for Injustice. The first thing on the list should be the full game. Click download and make sure the file size is 7.8 gigs or thereabouts.

6. On your computer go to the Xbox account migration page. Sign in with the email address you created in step 1 and change your region to United States. (I'm not sure if you should change it to your true region if you don't live in the US.)

7. Signing in to the account migration page probably booted you out of your Xbox profile, so go back to your Xbox and sign in again. You should see the US storefront and the game should still be in your download queue.

No idea why Costa Rica is getting Injustice for free, but there you go.

• Locked thread