Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
It's things like nitrile glove blue hands on the scientist lady that make me really appreciate Lego.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Lego + Dark Souls

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaap I dig this so much.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

Roots Radical posted:

It's things like nitrile glove blue hands on the scientist lady that make me really appreciate Lego.

That is cool I never noticed that!

Another cool thing I found is the robot has a 'turnkey' in her back, I thought that was adorable! Also the waitress has a ponytail in her hair. The picture doesn't really show her backside if you are having trouble feeling through a package to find her.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I just noticed the Yeti and saxophone player... Now I want to get them to combine with the guitar player from the earlier series to make lego ZZ Top :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I need some short black legs so I can make a Jake to go with Elwood

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

The_Doctor posted:

I need some short black legs so I can make a Jake to go with Elwood

The Penguin minifig has these. I'd be surprised if none of the Hobbit dwarves didn't too.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Roots Radical posted:

Sometimes their attention to detail astounds me and warms my heart. Nearly every plane, helicopter or boat set will have the red and green boatlights on the proper sides of the vessel, which I was honestly surprised by when I first noticed it. Also, in CITY, if a vehicle would have numerical markings on it (license plate, vehicle ID, etc) it'll usually be the set's number paired with two letters, which I presume may be the initials of the set designer or someone special to them.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I am considering parting with my 8448 because I believe my 9398 needs a set of Power Puller wheels. If any is interested in making this trade please PM or email logan85 g mail.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

General! We are pleased to have you here today, as this marks the completion of Project RAZOR GREEN, based on your original draft of the Iron Savior concept. We stand here in memory of those that have lost their lives both on the battlefield and in our labs and hospitals to bring us to this day. Today, five of our finest soldiers will stand here before us...again. Each man and woman here had sustained catastrophic injury in battle. We have brought them back from the brink. Make no mistake, sir, we have not forced these soldiers to fight again, each of them has been intimately involved in their own recreation. Our teams of engineers, doctors, psychologists, and armorers have all worked hand in hand with our veterans. They alone have named their cohort. These five soldiers each have yet another life to give.

General, I now present to you Hale's Rememberance.

Maj. David Tironas by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Cpt. Fedor Kolyev, Jr. by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Cpt. Edward Walker by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Lt. Melinda LaCroix by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Sgt. William Peterson by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I've averaged just under a mech a day for the past two months :stare:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Wooo! I was finally right in picking the minifigs! I grabbed the Gingerbread Man :3: and the Barbarian (gotta grab the warrior of the groups). Didn't realize till after we looked at the parts on the back of the booklet, that the boxes I kept feeling were all the Fembot's head :doh: Target only had like 10 packages and all but 3 were the fembot. The two that I grabbed, and an open up Elf package was the third. Target also had the Galaxy Squad minifig/mech that was the free after 50$ giveaway last month :mmmhmm:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Captain Foo posted:

I've averaged just under a mech a day for the past two months :stare:

You're like some kind of factory :stare:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I finally got around to trying LDD, and after a bit of learning how to use it, I made myself a dinosaur.

I'm reasonably certain that if this existed in the real world it'd tip over. I tried to make its tail bigger as a counterweight, but it's probably not enough. But I am proud of how it moves!

This thing is fully articulated! It can swivel its head, it can bend its back, and it can move its arms and legs properly!

The biggest problem I've been having with LDD is that it takes forever to find the parts you need. I've been trying to find part 30200 forever, but I still can't find it.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 5, 2013

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Yea you do bring up a good point about LDD, for a lot of people searching by part number would make things easier. Did you try that by the way? If that doesn't work, try searching by its official name. The more you use it, the better you are at knowing everything's spot. If you still can't find it, I'm pretty sure it's under the ship parts with the Fin for a folder logo.

And, of course, sweet dino!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SlothfulCobra posted:

I finally got around to trying LDD, and after a bit of learning how to use it, I made myself a dinosaur.

I'm reasonably certain that if this existed in the real world it'd tip over. I tried to make its tail bigger as a counterweight, but it's probably not enough. But I am proud of how it moves!

This thing is fully articulated! It can swivel its head, it can bend its back, and it can move its arms and legs properly!

The biggest problem I've been having with LDD is that it takes forever to find the parts you need. I've been trying to find part 30200 forever, but I still can't find it.

That is really cool! I'm pretty sure you can search LDD for part numbers, so that should make finding things a bit easier! Seems like you've got a handle on the rotation mechanics as well - I think in the latest release they cleaned them up a bit, I've noticed a lot fewer issues since the updated. Also, for an immediate boost in screenshot quality, turn on outlines in the options. LDD is an amazing piece of software, really, especially for the price ($0). Can't wait to see what you do next! :getin:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Local Fred Meyer finally got a box of Series 11 in, but it had been picked over and was down 20 bags. They apparently only had that box...but they had a big stack of 14 boxes of Series 10 on the top shelf, which they've either had in a back room for months or just got in. None were properly opened, but the sticker seals weren't in place on all of them. I'm tempted to go through them for a Mr. Gold, but I don't want be a creepy guy in the toy aisle feeling blindbags and making piles for 3 hours.

Fred Meyer in Puyallup had a whole bunch of S11 boxes, though. They were all opened, but most seemed unmolested, so I picked one up.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

This thread needs more old space themes. Just finished my latest project and first "big spaceship," Blacktron Renegade. Missing some of the patterned bricks, but otherwise complete. And I really need to use a better camera/learn to take pictures of black things, because the pictures are not great.

All together

Seperated. The little scout ships don't come off too easily and sitting on the rover is a little tight, minifigure sitting one spot back would fix that. And yes, the rover fits in the cargo hold.

With the rest of the Blacktron crew, Invader and Alienator.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My renegade is only about 85% complete. :smith:

The most significant omissions are the hoses and minifigs, but I'm missing a lot of transparent pieces too.. most of the ones I have that aren't already stuck to a model are cracked.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I may have asked this before, but anyone know how to get a full box of the minifigures? My GF and I have decided that series 11 is so great we want all of them + extras.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You can try Bricklink, sometimes even with overseas shipping you can still save a sizable amount over buying them individually. I think I got some S7 boxes for like...140 shipped each? Something like that. Can't remember exactly.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
If anyone would be up to horse trade some minifigures from series 8 and 11, I'd be very glad to discuss it, either here or in PM to keep from making GBS threads up the thread.

Want:

Holiday Elf (S11)
Diver (S8)
Evil Robot (S8)
Red Cheerleader (S8)

Have:

Alien Villainess (S8)
DJ (S8)
Pirate Captain (S8)
Scarecrow (S11)
Cowgirl (S8)

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I purchased 5lbs of lego for $40 from ebay and scored a spare 9398 sized tire, unfortunately it came with this mess:

I don't know what was used except that the 3rd helmet used to be completely blue and after applying some rubbing alcohol it turned to it's current light blue. I assume brasso could probably restore these back to white and remove all the print in the process. . . In short, if anyone thinks they can salvage these helmets please pm/e-mail me and I can send them to you, otherwise I am more likely to throw these away since they have no value to me.

VVV More effort then I want to put into these pieces. I'm sure these pieces could be reverted back to white and loose all their print, but I would rather spend a $1 to mail them instead of spending even a $1 on magic eraser.

Not Wolverine fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 7, 2013

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
If you have a magic eraser try that on the helmets it might turn out better than you expect. People use them to remove printings off minifigs/bricks so they can make custom figures.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
Maybe Vinegar? I know you can use that to remove tomato sauce stains off plastic.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Irridicom Industries is pleased to introduce its new combat walker model!

Its armaments are fully capable of being aimed any which way, wheresoever the enemy may be.

Its cockpit is ergonomically designed so that the pilot doesn't need to be sitting down all day, as well as being easy to load.

Also the rear can be used for storage when you're on the go! Crates of cargo? Dead bodies of enemies? If the clamp can hold onto it, the walker can carry it!

Also it is a mouth.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Colonel Sanders posted:

I purchased 5lbs of lego for $40 from ebay and scored a spare 9398 sized tire, unfortunately it came with this mess:

I don't know what was used except that the 3rd helmet used to be completely blue and after applying some rubbing alcohol it turned to it's current light blue. I assume brasso could probably restore these back to white and remove all the print in the process. . . In short, if anyone thinks they can salvage these helmets please pm/e-mail me and I can send them to you, otherwise I am more likely to throw these away since they have no value to me.

VVV More effort then I want to put into these pieces. I'm sure these pieces could be reverted back to white and loose all their print, but I would rather spend a $1 to mail them instead of spending even a $1 on magic eraser.

Email me, my username @gmail.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I made another thing in LDD! This time with a Dark Souls theme.

:unsmigghh:

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Simple and elegant :golfclap:

EDIT \/\/ Hahaha, this owns. \/\/\/

Guzwar fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Sep 8, 2013

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

:ssh: Click on the spoiler.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

SlothfulCobra posted:

:ssh: Click on the spoiler.

Love it. Had this exact idea pretty much. Good job.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

I have an extra Bavarian Girl and Bobby Cop from series 11 if anyone wants to trade for other series 11 figures.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Has anyone heard what the Target Halloween poly bags are suppose to be this year?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

LEGO Megathread: Captain Foo's Mini Mech Creation Station

Never stop. :allears:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
OK, looking for some cleaning advice. My eldest lost his mind and urinated into his bin of LEGO. I'm seeing conflicting answers regarding dishwashers, washing machines, pillowcases, washing bags, and detergent in both Google and the thread. Did we come to a consensus on the best brute-force method for this, since it's obviously a bit more intense than the standard dust-and-crumbs scenarios.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
So what do you do when you're at a Comic Con and Lou Ferrigno is there? Have him sign a giant lego tile so you can display your hulk with it?

Yep!

I thought about doing the same thing except with a Spider-Man fig and Stan Lee, but the line was truly scary and I didn't find out till later that a vendor pass is like a VIP pass :smith: Still, what a show! The whole ULUG display had 3-6 people deep crowding around it almost non-stop, and everyone was really excited and impressed with the whole thing. We're all looking forwards to next year already!

This guy has a bunch of pictures if you wanna see more: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14632327@N03/with/9701660398/

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SlothfulCobra posted:

Irridicom Industries is pleased to introduce its new combat walker model!

Its armaments are fully capable of being aimed any which way, wheresoever the enemy may be.

Its cockpit is ergonomically designed so that the pilot doesn't need to be sitting down all day, as well as being easy to load.

Also the rear can be used for storage when you're on the go! Crates of cargo? Dead bodies of enemies? If the clamp can hold onto it, the walker can carry it!

Also it is a mouth.

This is great, I cracked up at "also it is a mouth"

rickiep00h posted:

:3:

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

rickiep00h posted:

LEGO Megathread: Robots and Spaceships for eveeeryboody!
I might be adding to the mech pile soon.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Well, here's a concept test I was working on. Ended up with something I really don't like, but figured I'd show you guys something I built that didn't work out as well I would have liked.

scrap by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ok here's a thing I guess

Prototype - John Gresham (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr