Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
There's a guide on it here: http://pakcafaneq.wordpress.com/blocking-spells-helps-your-cleric-heal/

Generally, block the 'promised' lines and complete heal. Maybe also block elixir line, depending on how much damage you expect to be taking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jqhvTlR1WSc

Probably the best explanation of why this game is still the best and one of the most difficult to play.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Welp just picked up a pair of the rings and the cloak from the random zonewide HH drops and snagged a Myrm 10 cloak from CC raid. Kodaji's now over 95k hp and 9.4k AC unbuffed with 325+ heroics. It's unreal how godlike I feel right now. Nothing outside of raid content even dents me :v:

I love this game so much and I'm going to miss it when it's gone.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Yup, I really want the naggy raid aug. 50ac secondary usable gonna be sick

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

Welp just picked up a pair of the rings and the cloak from the random zonewide HH drops and snagged a Myrm 10 cloak from CC raid. Kodaji's now over 95k hp and 9.4k AC unbuffed with 325+ heroics. It's unreal how godlike I feel right now. Nothing outside of raid content even dents me :v:

I love this game so much and I'm going to miss it when it's gone.

Everquest isn't going anywhere for a long, long time.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Node posted:

Everquest isn't going anywhere for a long, long time.
It might be related to the Cloak and Ring, but for whatever reason, it looks like the Krono market is going absolutely nuts in volume right now. Over the weekend, literally every buy-line for Kronos was used up or run out of plat(I've spent around 3-4m on Kronos in the past few weeks). I wouldn't be surprised if the General sales and /baz were also moving around a ton of them. Assuming other servers are seeing similar things, this is going to be a good month for EQ.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

It's almost certainly related to the ring/cloak. Your guild's one of the very few even raid guilds who don't need them. They're both extremely super good and the fact that they're not nodrop is playing absolute havoc with the market while people scramble to find some way to buy them before they're gone

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

There's more than enough guilds farming T4 to get better stats. It looks like almost 30 guilds have beat T4, all the real servers. But even we have a ton of people camping the cloak for alts or the 17% overhaste. There's been plenty of times when the only people in solb were RoI.

Get your OH upgrade now, and sell it for a pile of Kronos/plat if you get the raid version later. Or just farm cloaks to sell.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Sep 6, 2013

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Just because 1-2 guilds per server can loot better stats doesn't mean the other 90% aren't paying out the rear end for them :v:

Best advice if you're looking to just make money is farm a few cloaks then sit on them for 2-3 months. Kronos out the rear end

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
What is Guild Lobby like for getting good MGBs on test?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
It amused me at the weekend to see people on Test offering plat on their "home" servers to be able to copy the cloak even just one time.

Last time I saw the ring for sale on FV it was at 2.1m and I heard it only went up. I presumed the ring was a level req error until I saw the cloak was also req90rec95.

Just added to the SOE forum thread about the lagspikes. Just died poking around in Rebirth when I turned a corner, saw a mob and right clicked to see if it saw through invis and apparently it did as my next game update had me faceplanted :v: The lagometer shows me bouncing from 100% down to 97% or so and then back up, if I'm lucky it only does it once, if I'm unlucky it cycles a few times before staying at 100%.

There's a named gargoyle in there who drops an EM14 earring, I hear he is easier than the T3 version (Glorig?) but I don't understand the zoning layout yet between Threshold and Rebirth as I appeared in the SE corner when I wanted SW.

Enjoying being 100 though, seeing loads of new (to me) content.

Edit:

WetSpink posted:

What is Guild Lobby like for getting good MGBs on test?

Very hit and miss, at Euro times anyway. I stayed in there a few hours the other day and nothing happened at all. People seem to be burned out atm as well from last weekends poopsock xp. Someone on test advertised the 4 hour shared xp pot earlier and had 3 empty spots after advertising in general several times which is unheard of.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah we had a guy who has a shitload of money on FV buy a ring and testcopy it a billion times for the guild mains, then sell it and buy a cloak then do the same. He ended up about 2 mil in the hole off of it, but he hasn't sold the cloak back, so probably break even.

Test MGBs are fantastic at regular USA times. We have a couple people who have basically every buff bot at 95+ who MGB everything constantly because they're awesome dudes.

Rebirth and Epi both have an rear end in a top hat level of undead/regular, so if you don't have double invis you're gonna have a really bad time. That's half the reason everyone hates T4 (other half being the zones are boring as gently caress)

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I really dislike T4 because you can't navigate AT ALL without the map. There's no landmarks, and all the textures are the same. But the good things about it; pretty easy to find good camping spots, and there's not a lot of people in there most the time.

Get the newer eqresource maps and the entrance/exits are numbered between zones. Much easier to find out how to get to certain parts of the other zones. The nameds are pretty easy but they still have a lot of HP.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

I have a mid-70s Magician that I played from 1999 -> GoD/OoW. I re-upped at one point in DoD but that was shortlived.

I test copied him over but the game is just so different, so I rolled a Beastlord for now (named Gegg). Is the goon test guild active? If so, how do I join?

khysanth fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 6, 2013

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Thinking of moving my group of friends to test after stagnating a bit on live due to no gold/silver on 3rd/4th/5th accounts. Can you testbuff any character and get vet AAs? Are 70+ areas camped much? Is getting gear post 70/80 that we don't farm ourselves going to be a pain?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

You get all vet AAs on every char on test. You can /testbuff to 25 on any character. Some stuff is camped, anything behind a key or a flag is empty 99.999999% of the time. Post 70 there's a lot of instance stuff too. Gear is semi-easily attainable if you make friends or ask goons pretty much. Sometimes it's up for sell for cheap, sometimes it's up for infinity plat, just the nature of lovely economy.

I don't know why you guys wouldn't want to kill poo poo to get gear though. That's the whole point of playing isn't it?

darkhand fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 6, 2013

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Nothing 70+ is "camped" on Test other than headshot areas. If you just want to get big though, don't come to Test. It's extremely easy to find open camps and loot your own gear, but we have no economy, so if you just want to buy your way to awesome instead of doing it yourself, Test isn't for you.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
I'm not saying we don't want to kill poo poo to get gear, we've only just recently passed into the realm of finding poo poo with gear worth killing for (it feels like this atleast) after hitting DSH. Finding gear worth equipping over Defiant feels pretty tough with how allakhazam displays to a free account. I constantly see on Almar's Guides that there is lots of "stuff better than defiant", nobody ever seems to care to list it other than occasional mention of the other Defiant-like sets (eg. Archaic/ScratchedHidetc)

Then there's stuff like Abstruse which seems to require a crafted component... I can't see myself crafting in EQ ever. Or things behind rep grinds that we won't be in that level range for long enough to grind the rep anyway. Even the stuff behind quests/long quest chains seems dubious because in our minds Everquest is mostly about finding a nice camp and killing stuff, not traipsing all over. I'm not opposed to the occasional epic quest but other than that I think the only long quest chain I plan to do is the merc J5 unlock series, until max level atleast.

si
Apr 26, 2004
You should ask in the in-game channel, cause I did this recently and kindly goonsirs explained it all to me. One of them even crafted all my Abstruse.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

WetSpink posted:

I'm not saying we don't want to kill poo poo to get gear, we've only just recently passed into the realm of finding poo poo with gear worth killing for (it feels like this atleast) after hitting DSH. Finding gear worth equipping over Defiant feels pretty tough with how allakhazam displays to a free account. I constantly see on Almar's Guides that there is lots of "stuff better than defiant", nobody ever seems to care to list it other than occasional mention of the other Defiant-like sets (eg. Archaic/ScratchedHidetc)

Then there's stuff like Abstruse which seems to require a crafted component... I can't see myself crafting in EQ ever. Or things behind rep grinds that we won't be in that level range for long enough to grind the rep anyway. Even the stuff behind quests/long quest chains seems dubious because in our minds Everquest is mostly about finding a nice camp and killing stuff, not traipsing all over. I'm not opposed to the occasional epic quest but other than that I think the only long quest chain I plan to do is the merc J5 unlock series, until max level atleast.

On normal servers, it's hard to find the stuff that fits between Defiant and Abstruse. Killing things is pretty much the only way to get it.

Abstruse and Rustic do require a crafted component, but it doesn't have to be made by you. On real servers, the crafted templates should sell for around 500-1kpp each. Abstruse has the annoying property of the finished armor being tradable while the dropped piece is no-trade, so you don't see it in the bazaar since making the tradable piece locks in which class can use it. You have to troll General to find sellers.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Same deal on Test. It's easier to just skip Abstruse and grind to 85, then pick up a set of Rustic which is fully tradeable

edit - I can make the templates for you on Test *IF* you're already at the proper level and have the other items. It's a pain in the rear end and I don't want to do it if it's not going to be utilized

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 7, 2013

si
Apr 26, 2004
Huh, what about the Rubicite stuff? Glowing turn-ins at 71? Was really easy to find.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah both of those are just finding someone with the items required. The 92 gear is really the only always-available twink gear, with the 85 rustic not too far behind. I didn't need any of it so I might be kinda clueless, but I've picked up 92 gear for 5+ alts now, so you can definitely find that on Test for cheap.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
The glowing othni (I think that's what it's called) that turned up in the latest revamps seems to be replacing the mid 80s visible gear for the fast levellers. You turn it in at the usual place and will last you to 92 if you aren't stopping to smell the roses as you go.

Dream motes are on test in their zillions for the non-vis spots as well for 80-92 so it's probably never been easier to have gear to chug along with.

If anyone ever needs Dream Motes shout at me on Fazango and I'll send you enough for a full set, I've got 1000 or so between my chars and can copy more over if I start to run low.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Just from comments in this thread I switched from shaman/sk/mage with melee mercs to bard/sk/mage with 2 caster and one healer merc. I use isboxer and the chars are 70/80/80 respectively. Is there any general advice for getting the most out of my bard and this group?

The main thing I'm wondering about is if I can autofollow with the bard to get autoattacks in during combat. Also, is it worth having separate stop and melody macros for combat and pulling. Finally, which songs should I use?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Fazana posted:

If anyone ever needs Dream Motes shout at me on Fazango and I'll send you enough for a full set, I've got 1000 or so between my chars and can copy more over if I start to run low.

I'm definitely interested in a set, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Andy Dufresne posted:

Just from comments in this thread I switched from shaman/sk/mage with melee mercs to bard/sk/mage with 2 caster and one healer merc. I use isboxer and the chars are 70/80/80 respectively. Is there any general advice for getting the most out of my bard and this group?

The main thing I'm wondering about is if I can autofollow with the bard to get autoattacks in during combat. Also, is it worth having separate stop and melody macros for combat and pulling. Finally, which songs should I use?

This is the exact group configuration I use. The bard should definitely be autoattacking, their dps is pretty decent. If you're moving around just have him autofollow the SK and position the mobs so that he's on the opposite side - it's easy once you get the hang of it. In a static camp, you'll have to switch to him to position, but the couple of seconds it takes is worth it. You'll want a /melody macro (I built mine into the assist macro) and a /stopsong macro to use when you're trying to FD pull or there are attackable friendlies around. If you're only singing beneficial songs, you can just leave the melody running - if you have it in your assist key it will restart every time which can cause you to lose ticks depending on the timing.

As far as songs, you will want to use your Aura, which covers overhaste and spell damage without taking up a spell slot. At 80 I use haste, AE slow (zuriki's), mana/hp regen and either melee proc song or damage absorption (dryads) depending on how tough the content is. I'm no expert though, others may have better suggestions.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Bard DPS is actually awful, but it's still worth spending 2 seconds to turn on autoattack. You run the bard because melody is fantastic. Songs = use the regen aura, not the haste one. The actual haste song is better by far. At 100 I run regen aura, Kaficus spiteful lyric, Spry Sonata, War march of Protan, Aria of Va'ker, and 5th depends on what I'm doing. I run the necro dot song when I'm boxing but fill it with whatever is most useful at the time.

The proc songs are worth playing if you have enough melee in the group who aren't SKs, but they don't stack with SK buffs so don't use them if you're playing an SK

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Vulpes posted:

I'm definitely interested in a set, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Post/PM your ingame name and I'll parcel some to you next time I login.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Just because my entire guild hates me for posting this song to them, I'm gonna leave it here too. It's the best thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jofNR_WkoCE

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That is certainly disturbing.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Fazana posted:

Post/PM your ingame name and I'll parcel some to you next time I login.

Thanks! In-game name is Skandal.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Vulpes posted:

Thanks! In-game name is Skandal.

Done!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
So what's an easy way to get a weapon if your just starting off while not on the test server? I started a rogue on Vox and just hit 25 moloing and still using the dagger they gave me in the tutorial. In the bazaar the cheapest daggers that are better than the one I have are 1k+ plat. I'm assuming the easiest thing to do is just not worry about it and have the merc do all the damage, but its annoying that the hardest I can hit for is 8.

Also, was it a good idea to start off as a rogue for my first character? I started a paladin but then thought that tanks would be pretty well established at the top end so maybe a pure dps would be a better route to go. The other class I was looking at was the bard. Are they a must have for a group or just boxed at the higher levels? I don't plan on boxing at all if that maters at all.

si
Apr 26, 2004
Join the serverwide channel and say hi, I'm sure we can set you up with some early defiant stuff.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

si posted:

Join the serverwide channel and say hi, I'm sure we can set you up with some early defiant stuff.

Are any goons still active on Luclin? The OP made it seem that everyone who still plays migrated to test. I just arbitrarily picked Vox because it was the most populated according to the little graphic next to the server name. It only took me a few hours to get to where I am, wouldn't mind starting over on a different server if their were people to play with.

si
Apr 26, 2004
There's a dude on Vox right now in the gchat, beyond that, I don't really know. I'm on test.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

There's one dude on Povar and one on Vox that I know of, then Illa on Xegony and 10 or so of us on Test

Evor 3
Feb 19, 2010

MrTheDevious posted:

There's one dude on Povar and one on Vox that I know of, then Illa on Xegony and 10 or so of us on Test

I'm "Arwyn" on bristlebane and will help a random goon out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I'm on Xegony too, Edrick, picking up Illa's scraps.