Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

pbpancho posted:

I'm in MN and have a spare, sealed, TIE advance... Where are you in the state?

Thanks for the offer, but another goon is helping me on this right now :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

One of my local game stores just said hes getting his new expansion shipment Wednesday. I just preordered and im pretty excited. One shuttle, one HWK, two B-wings, and two Bombers.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Been messing around with wave 3 and other than the Bomber, these maneuver dials are miserable.

No wonder they made Adrenaline Rush.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Picked up 2 of each small ship and 1 Lambda. Cost me about the same as a Corellian Corvette :)

Now to plan new storage for all this poo poo.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

alg posted:

Picked up 2 of each small ship and 1 Lambda. Cost me about the same as a Corellian Corvette :)

Now to plan new storage for all this poo poo.

My old plano cases weren't cutting it anymore so I just ordered the bigger plano 3952

Was thinking of getting the custom Battlefoam tray and case but its more than I wanted to spend to carry around my plastic spaceship game.

edit: The tie bomber is huge as gently caress

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The bomber is my favorite out of the wave. I'm trying to figure out a good way to equip them without going overboard.

Scimitar Squadron Pilot with two decent upgrades is about 26 points.

Maybe one with an assault missile and proton bomb. Then the other with a homing missile and an advanced torpedo.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

zVxTeflon posted:

My old plano cases weren't cutting it anymore so I just ordered the bigger plano 3952

Was thinking of getting the custom Battlefoam tray and case but its more than I wanted to spend to carry around my plastic spaceship game.

edit: The tie bomber is huge as gently caress

I got this and ordered two huge two inch thick sheets of pluck foam from a random foam website. Im going to fill the bottom with pluck foam and it only cost $35ish.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TouchToneDialing posted:

I got this and ordered two huge two inch thick sheets of pluck foam from a random foam website. Im going to fill the bottom with pluck foam and it only cost $35ish.

Haha, I guess we read the same BGG thread because I bought one too. It's huge but perfect for me since I have 2 of all the large ships.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Swagger Dagger posted:

Haha, I guess we read the same BGG thread because I bought one too. It's huge but perfect for me since I have 2 of all the large ships.

Yep, same. Its a lot lighter than it looks though.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Is there a secret to getting the Lambda wings to go down like this:

Mine won't go down that far and I am afraid to break it.

edit: this thread seems to have the answer. http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1038612/lambda-shuttle-wings

alg fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 16, 2013

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm glad someone asked because I've been wondering the same thing.
I really wish the shuttle had any kind of turn that didn't cause stress. It's tough, but maneuvers so bad.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
My FLGS "got shorted" on their wave 3 order, and didn't bother to tell me I wasn't getting my preorder until I saw it had been released at other stores and called them up. They also changed their name suddenly and without telling anyone, so when I did call it was really confusing. :thumbsup:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Our FLGS owner upon noticing popularity of the game cranked medium ships up ten bucks, small ships by five and starter boxes by ten.

Time for the internet to start taking my money.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4357

:/

repainted Interceptors with new pilots and upgrades :/

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Well, guess I don't need to buy more than two regular interceptors now! To be honest, I'm not at all surprised at this new scheme, and as long as it's not more expensive than two individual ships I don't mind. More options without more silly EU ships is good by me.

That said, the Royal Guard Interceptors look silly and I doubt I'll put that thing on the table. Soontir Fel is gonna be rockin' the bloodstripe one from now on though :getin:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This is exactly what I was hoping for. I'm going to have so many interceptors. :negative:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

That rules, I'll definitely be in for a box.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

alg posted:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4357

:/

repainted Interceptors with new pilots and upgrades :/

This post needs far less :/ and a lot more :dance:

New pilots/upgrades always a plus, and getting different ship options is just a bonus.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah I just wish I had known about this before I bought the 2 Interceptors I already have. Ah well, now I can make a squad of 4 I suppose.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
This probably means we can expect similar things for Rebels, like A-, B-, Y- and X-wing packs, doesn't it? Yikes! My Christmas wishlist may get pretty full pretty quick.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'd kill for an EU advanced X-wing. The XJ I think? Not likely, but I can dream.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

alg posted:

Yeah I just wish I had known about this before I bought the 2 Interceptors I already have. Ah well, now I can make a squad of 4 I suppose.

I was considering a four Interceptor list already, and this pack is perfect, I'd much rather not get two more Interceptor expansions, thanks FFG!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm probably going to end up with two boxes if they aren't too expensive. I want those cards and the red TIEs.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Swagger Dagger posted:

I'm probably going to end up with two boxes if they aren't too expensive. I want those cards and the red TIEs.

The site says 29 bucks.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Interceptors are my favorite ship in the game and I also suck at painting so this rules.

Carnor Jaxs ability :stare:

Holy poo poo the Opportunist talent.

edit: are those new crit icons?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Swagger Dagger posted:

Hell, I'd almost trade the red tie for more bloodstripes.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

alg posted:

The site says 29 bucks.

$29 retail puts them on par with two regular ships, so that's not bad. They'll probably be $20 from most online places.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

I'd kill for an EU advanced X-wing. The XJ I think? Not likely, but I can dream.

I think we're much more likely to get a Rogue Squadron box.

edit: Or Renegade Squadron, come to think about it.

Triple-Kan fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 17, 2013

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Triple-Kan posted:

I would love that if it had the pilots from the (in hindsight) terrible books that I loved in the 90's.

Edit: Corran Horn's card would be 100 points and make his stats all 9's

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 17, 2013

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I would give entirely too much money for a Wraith Squadron box. Grey painted X-Wings, Piggy, Runt, Face, and Ton as pilots.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Triple-Kan posted:

edit: Or Renegade Squadron, come to think about it.

I honestly welcome any new X-wings, so that maybe I'll use one other than Wedge.

I want the new Interceptors right now though :(

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Id settle for a new Y-wing set with a pilot that comes with a friggin elite talent option.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

jivjov posted:

I would give entirely too much money for a Wraith Squadron box. Grey painted X-Wings, Piggy, Runt, Face, and Ton as pilots.

TIE Interceptor with Lt. Kettch.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Not sure I'm keen on the red interceptors, but naturally I'd want the cards.. there has to be someone out there with two plain interceptors who'd swap models, right? :)

Any word on release dates? Couldn't see a date at a glance.

Also, in related news, I picked up an 8' x 4' board over the weekend, with the intention of making a spazzy nice Malifaux board and using the leftovers to make boards for some other games, including X-wing! Anyone got any decent guides to painting starfields on big boards? I don't want anything ludicrously over the top, just something subtle enough that we're not playing on a flat black surface.

Actually now I think about it, flat black is probably the best way forward :/

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gonna run a total gimmick squad at 100 points.

Jax-Title, Shield Upgrade, Stealth, Push the Limit

2x Royal Guard-Title, Shield Upgrade, Stealth, Push the Limit

Should come out to 99 points. I will get owned so bad. But I'll do it in style :dukedog:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I can't help but laugh when everything collides in a single turn.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
I am thinking about picking this game up this weekend. What should I buy to maximize two player fun with $60 available? The starter set looks like it would be a little boring on it's lonesome.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

I can't help but laugh when everything collides in a single turn.

At least Arvel dont give no fucks

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Kilazar posted:

I am thinking about picking this game up this weekend. What should I buy to maximize two player fun with $60 available? The starter set looks like it would be a little boring on it's lonesome.

If you get it online the starter should be less than $30, and then buy whatever 3-4 single-ship expansions you fancy to round it out. Try to get a decent mix of Imp vs Rebel, although you'll probably want more Imperial hulls overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Kilazar posted:

A Core set, 1 X-Wing Expansion and 1 Tie Advance/Interceptor will give you enough variety to mess around with at first until you decide to really take the plunge and get everything.

• Locked thread