Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

That's if you manage to not have ticketmaster gently caress you. I'm going to try to go to the NYC show though. SO hard.

Edit: Am I reading that right no Kendrick at NYC?

Yeah I'm afraid of the crazy ticketmaster charges or even just the fact it's gonna be hard to even buy the tickets before they sell out in a section I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Kendrick calls himself the king of New York, then doesn't show at either of the NYC shows :smith:

gently caress. Gonna see Ye either way, but still bummed.

I've never been to either MSG or Barclays - which is gonna be a better show?

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.

reflex posted:

How sick is Kanye live? I'm debating on $600 for flights + ticket real hard.

He is Really Sick. Watch the Throne live a couple years ago was phenomenal. If you want to go and can afford it then you should go.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

abraham linksys posted:

Kendrick calls himself the king of New York, then doesn't show at either of the NYC shows :smith:

gently caress. Gonna see Ye either way, but still bummed.

Who says it was his call? There's apparently a "special guest" for the NY shows.

:20bux: says it's 'Hov and they officially premiere Watch the Throne 2.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

According to Ticketmaster, prices for the Barclays Center show are as follows:

quote:

US $49.50 Ticket + US $10.15 Fees = US $59.65
US $199.50 Ticket + US $26.00 Fees = US $225.50

The "cheaper" option is probably available in really limited quantities, so don't count on scoring a $60 ticket for the NYC show.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

reflex posted:

How sick is Kanye live? I'm debating on $600 for flights + ticket real hard.

Yep. The fools on KTT are calling Jay-Z as the special guest, but that leaves him a week from starting his own tour.

Honestly I saw him in Vancouver during Watch the Throne and it was off the chart. For all the poo poo he deserves for his egomania in the media, when he shuts the gently caress up and creates art it is on it's own level and when he takes the time to perform live you get the sense that in that moment he is really giving you all his soul has. Think that's hyperbole? Fine. Go watch a live performance of Street Lights or All Of The Lights. The man is on fire in front of you.

I'd pay $600 without blinking, gently caress what my friends say.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

inSTAALed posted:

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/375965727510888448

Looks like Kanye is teaming up with Kendrick Lamar for his Yeezus tour.

"Kanye West's first solo tour in 5 years"

I saw him solo three years ago. Maybe it just means in the US? Or maybe he's not counting festival shows, which most of the shows then were, although the show I saw was solo.

Anyway, I'm going if this ends up anywhere near me. I flew around 800 miles last time and I'd do the same again, but hopefully won't have to.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

MSG show isn't listed and the ticketmaster fuckery starts early.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
The Atlanta show wasnt listed either... Are the later dates not on sale yet?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I saw him on the Late Registration college campus tour, so this was years before he fully became the Yeezy and Yeezus we know today, and it was still ridiculously sick. He totally gives everything he has.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I can't figure out when tickets in D.C go on sale. It's not even listed on the Ticketmaster website.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Wachepti posted:

I can't figure out when tickets in D.C go on sale. It's not even listed on the Ticketmaster website.

Don't all dates go on sale next Friday (the 13th)?

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Don't all dates go on sale next Friday (the 13th)?

No, just the ones with asterisks on the website.

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

I've never used AXS.com before for the tickets in Minneapolis. Are floor seats on sale during the pre-sale on Wednesday? Any idea how to get the code?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Heads up: Yeezy's gonna be on Jimmy Fallon tonight, performing Bound 2 with The Roots!

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
How good is Kanye live? I saw him at Governors Ball in New York and I'm sincerely debating whether I can afford tickets to the show at MSG. He gives his all, and man would I kill to see Yeezus in an arena format. I've heard he can be fickle, what with that Bonnaroo disaster a few years back, but at Gov Ball he was only 15 minutes late and played a half-hour past curfew (which must have cost thousands of dollars in fines.) It was when he debuted "On Sight," "Send It Up" and "I Am A God" live (and when he did "I Am A God," he screamed at the top of his lungs for fifteen seconds).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

drat. Ye's on Fallon wearing some weird kind of skirt thing and he's got Charlie Wilson and a whole boys choir with him. This is pretty dope.

Video of the performance is already up here: http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/kanye-west-bound-2/n40469/

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Kanye just called Ray J "Brandy's little sister" while wearing a skirt.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

CRINDY posted:

How good is Kanye live?

Amazing.

I've seen him on the Late Registration (x2), MBDTF and Watch The Throne tours and all were great. One of the Late Registration ones was in a terrible venue and was still really good.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I thought he didn't do a MDTBF tour

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Wachepti posted:

I thought he didn't do a MDTBF tour

Not sure if it was a tour, but he did some shows in Europe in the Summer of 2011. He did a few festivals and a couple of one off shows. I saw him in Copenhagen.

edit: looking here it was pretty much all festivals other than that.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I saw him at ACL, which was the last of his MBDTF themed shows before starting on his WTT tour. It was pretty incredible.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

drat. Ye's on Fallon wearing some weird kind of skirt thing and he's got Charlie Wilson and a whole boys choir with him. This is pretty dope.

Video of the performance is already up here: http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/kanye-west-bound-2/n40469/

Man, Charlie Wilson feat. Kanye West more like

Good performance. On the subject at hand, I saw Kanye headline the final day of Coachella a year or so ago, and he was incredible. He didn't stop between songs and just all around killed it.

I'm going to try and hit the Oakland show on the Yeezus tour.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 11, 2013

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Was that the classic "squid brains!" rant inducing show?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I'm so glad "Bound 2" is one of the songs he's pushing from this album, it's so :3:

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

I had that in my cart before the Live Nation app crashed while I was confirming the purchase. I'd be upset, but it's not like that wasn't typical of the Live Nation/Ticketmaster purchasing experience. I hope the pre-sale went better for everyone else.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Ticketmaster was super lovely (surprise!) But I managed to get 5th row GA. Pumped, but most I have ever paid for a ticket ($166.00).

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Had three tickets in my cart, TM takes them out before I can complete order. GG

reflex
Aug 9, 2009

I'd rather laugh with the mudders than cry with the saints. The mudders are much more fun. Hoorah.
Presale for my show opens in an hour. Still not sure if I want to fly just for a concert. I guess we'll see what kind of seat TM gives me. When in doubt, yolo.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Yeah right At 10 sharp I had tickets in my cart and then when I went to check out TM said there was an error and I had to start over. Luckily even though it took 10 mins to get back to it even finding me tickets, they were the same ones.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Wow, those prices are nuts. I was thinking about going to see him, but I can't see myself ever paying that much for a single concert ticket. :(

reflex
Aug 9, 2009

I'd rather laugh with the mudders than cry with the saints. The mudders are much more fun. Hoorah.
Row 21 in the 100s for $165? Haha Yeezy get the gently caress out of here. See you at WTT2 you lovable nut.

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

got my floor seats for the minneapolis show. I haven't seen him before so I'm pretty pumped

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I refreshed my web browser so many times trying to get something lower than row 25 that ticketmaster.ca blocked me.

[if you've never wished Ticketmaster DEAD then you've never truly lived]

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
floor tickets going for 500$ here, goddamn yeezy.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Got Oakland 8th row in the upper level for $50, I ain't mad! Wasn't thinking I'd be able to go with this new job but gently caress it, it's Yeezy.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Floor tickets in NY are around 800 for both shows. loving hell. The fact that people had easy getting Jay Z tickets tells me trying to get someone tomorrow is going to be a shitshow. May the Yeezus be with us all.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

Floor tickets in NY are around 800 for both shows. loving hell. The fact that people had easy getting Jay Z tickets tells me trying to get someone tomorrow is going to be a shitshow. May the Yeezus be with us all.

What tickets are $800? The VIP GA section? Regular GA is priced around $185.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

interpunct posted:

What tickets are $800? The VIP GA section? Regular GA is priced around $185.

Look on stubhub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

Look on stubhub.

It's more accurate to gauge the secondary market price if you look at the listings that have actually sold on Stubhub. For the first MSG show, floor tickets seem to be selling somewhere around the $250 price range. Who knows how those prices will be affected after the announcement of two more NYC dates and today's public sale? Ideally, the additional shows would drive down the reseller prices but I doubt that will happen. It's kind of ridiculous that people were buying tickets from Stubhub before the public sale even occurred, though.

Also, the order for a GA ticket that I thought I lost due to a cart crash during checkout apparently went through. I received a confirmation e-mail for it and everything. I guess I'm going to the first show at the Barclays Center in November.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 13, 2013

• Locked thread