Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011

Giblet posted:

This is probably due to network vision. Every single subscriber is likely to go though some period of poo poo service at home when towers in their area are being worked on. Calls for airaves probably sky rocket due to this.
The worst part is that the tower I supposedly use at my apartment has already been upgraded, according to the S4GRU maps.

I've had other people in the neighborhood call Sprint about this issue. Every time, the rep says they have no clue about this outage, that they need to enter in a new ticket, and claim it's the phones. They also can't fathom why data is working, but call/texts are not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

dan@sprint.com got me an Airrave pretty quick :cool:

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Allaniis posted:

The worst part is that the tower I supposedly use at my apartment has already been upgraded, according to the S4GRU maps.

I've had other people in the neighborhood call Sprint about this issue. Every time, the rep says they have no clue about this outage, that they need to enter in a new ticket, and claim it's the phones. They also can't fathom why data is working, but call/texts are not.

Because call center reps have no loving idea what's going in.

The tower most likely isn't finished and only hardware has been installed. Trender I bet shows you have issues. See if a goon corp rep can run your # for you. I left that poo poo hole company so I'm of no use for that now.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
After 2.5 months of roaming on Verizon, Sprint has finally given me my walking papers. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

td4guy posted:

Like $200, I'd say.

Only when it's out of contract or is it still worth something when it's halfway through one? I'm not free until Nov '14.

Plus I'm moving internationally so I can't play the roaming game.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

EbolaIvory posted:

Because call center reps have no loving idea what's going in.

The tower most likely isn't finished and only hardware has been installed. Trender I bet shows you have issues. See if a goon corp rep can run your # for you. I left that poo poo hole company so I'm of no use for that now.

Thought you just got brought on with them.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
So its probably time for updating the thread, but I figure a better option is to pass on the thread to a current Sprint goon. Anyone want to take the mantle?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

So its probably time for updating the thread, but I figure a better option is to pass on the thread to a current Sprint goon. Anyone want to take the mantle?

I doubt you could pay me enough.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Sprint Megathread: 3 2 of us still have a Sprint account

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 9, 2013

Cock Democracy
Jan 1, 2003

Now that is the finest piece of chilean sea bass I have ever smelled

bobfather posted:

After 2.5 months of roaming on Verizon, Sprint has finally given me my walking papers. So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Thanks for sharing. I asked my friend who works at a sprint store and he didn't think this would work. I'm about 2 months into my effort so hopefully I will get the boot soon. They'll only terminate the offending line, correct? I have one other line I'd like to keep.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

SeaborneClink posted:

No, because they still have My All In and Unlimited My Way. They're just axing the Simply Everything plans.

Hopefully they don't pull a dick move and start forcing people onto the My plans as they start to upgrade. For a single line, it doesn't look so bad, but for 4 lines it's loving insane. I would have no choice but to leave if they forced me on to that. That $30 per line adds up quick...

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Cock Democracy posted:

Thanks for sharing. I asked my friend who works at a sprint store and he didn't think this would work. I'm about 2 months into my effort so hopefully I will get the boot soon. They'll only terminate the offending line, correct? I have one other line I'd like to keep.

I've heard that most commonly they will terminate the offending line. There have been rare anecdotes about the whole account getting axed, though.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

moolchaba posted:

Sprint Megathread: 3 2 of us still have a Sprint account

Alternatively,

Sprint Megathread: Just ETF'd out of this thread

SeaborneClink fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 10, 2013

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Biodome posted:

Thought you just got brought on with them.

I did. And it was awful enough I changed jobs totally. gently caress Sprint.

Management was totally clueless, trying to push AT&T style goals on reps. Upper management has no idea whats going on at retail as far as customers go. And the tower issue is a joke. I was using a VERIZON PHONE to activate sprint devices that used data to activate. Thats pathetic.

Theres a billion other reasons. But in the end management was the reason I left. When my store manager works maybe 20 hours a week, and has the brass to tell me I cant take medical leave after a serious car accident? Pfft gently caress that. Dude can eat a bowl of dicks.

And really. The goals they are trying to push, when sprint is a "budget' company, are seriously a giant joke. COR AT&T guys know what goals can get like, and its turning into that over at sprint. Its no longer "Make the customer happy, activate phones". Its "Sell 80$ in accessories per phone, push away upgrades, sell tablets and home phones, oh and get customers off networks with working towers". We cant even activate iPads right now because the network is so broken, like I had to use my Verizon phones hotspot to do so.

Ugh, Anyways. Enough ranting.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Sep 10, 2013

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Cock Democracy posted:

Just had a four line family plan get booted because the father is an over the road truck driver and was roaming too much. So there's that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SeaborneClink posted:

Alternatively,

Sprint Megathread: Just ETF'd out of this thread

Sprint Megathread: Free "Who Moved My Cheese" eBook With Every Activation

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sprint Megathread: We're all abandoning Sprint and you can too!

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
I'm just waiting to be the last person left on Sprint and then I'll have all the bandwidth.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

bobula posted:

I'm just waiting to be the last person left on Sprint and then I'll have all the bandwidth.

Where you at? I'm calling dibs on the southeast.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm sticking with Sprint until they take my discount away. Now that 4G is finally live here, I don't have any real complaints.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

bobula posted:

Don't worry they will keep packing in the MVNO's in there to keep crowding you out.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

bobula posted:

Same here. SERO in Chicago, no reason to leave right now.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
I've got great service aside from by my house (which is directly adjacent to a nature preserve so I'll cut them a little slack there, my roommate has AT&T and also doesn't have service. Plus hey, free airrave). Once I get to my street I have full LTE service that has consistently been speedy ever since I got my S4 (didn't have an LTE device to test it on but when I had a WiMax device, it was more than fast enough).

Even on 3G I'm just not seeing the 56k speeds you people are bitching about. I guess don't live in the middle of nowhere?

FlyingCheese fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 10, 2013

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
I'm just about fed up with the signal strength at my house. It's not just due to tower upgrades either. It's been continually terrible for some time.

It takes two and three tries sometimes to get a simple text to go through, dropped calls left and right... Hell, I even have to go outside most of the time to make a call.

Is complaining to dan@sprint.com going to do anything in the way of getting an Airrave?

I'm on SERO with a Note II if that makes any difference. I'm guessing they want me gone so they'll tell me to just deal with it, I have a feeling.

I'm so sick of seeing that drat, roaming data warning.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

FlyingCheese posted:

I've got great service aside from by my house (which is directly adjacent to a nature preserve so I'll cut them a little slack there, my roommate has AT&T and also doesn't have service. Plus hey, free airrave). Once I get to my street I have full LTE service that has consistently been speedy ever since I got my S4 (didn't have an LTE device to test it on but when I had a WiMax device, it was more than fast enough).

Even on 3G I'm just not seeing the 56k speeds you people are bitching about. I guess don't live in the middle of nowhere?

Yeah because people can easily just move and poo poo :rolleyes:

Before I ditched Sprint, their 3G coverage was getting me 0.05 Mbps down and...well who cares what upload was, just pathetic. They still don't have LTE in my city despite it being active in many smaller cities around.

I've been on T-Mobile for a year. HSPA speeds are like 8 down 0.5 up, LTE is like 20 down 8 up. gently caress Sprint.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Yesterday I got a handwritten letter from Sprint thanking me for being a customer for seven years. It was kinda cool.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

beaner69 posted:

Yesterday I got a handwritten letter from Sprint thanking me for being a customer for seven years. It was kinda cool.

Even their printers don't work?!

Can you do nothing right, Sprint?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

beaner69 posted:

They probably had to handwrite it because they couldn't push an email through their poo poo network.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Have any SERO folks managed to upgrade their phones recently anywhere besides a corporate Sprint store? Just curious.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Good news. The new iPhone 5s supports LTE on both 1900 and 850MHz bands! And Sprint and Softbank share the same model iPhone.

Mahoning posted:

Have any SERO folks managed to upgrade their phones recently anywhere besides a corporate Sprint store? Just curious.
Your choices are:
a) a corporate store
b) online
c) over the phone

I'd avoid the first one.

td4guy fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 11, 2013

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Cock Democracy posted:

I'm here in at month four. Not too stoked about that. Time to watch twitch.tv streams while at home!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sprint Megathread: That wasn't urgent, was it?

Dark Solux
Dec 8, 2004

Old School Saturn God
I just got my termination paper from Sprint.. moving to verizon as they have signal where I work. As well as everywhere else.

For those that have google voice integration, how can I keep my number? Just disable the integration then pay the 20 to port it over? Or do I need a physical phone with number and service to forward to? I'm planning on either porting my number from google voice to verizon or setting up number forwarding so my Google voice number dials my verizon number.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Dark Solux posted:

For those that have google voice integration, how can I keep my number? Just disable the integration then pay the 20 to port it over?

This. I would recommend moving to Google voice overall, if you don't care about MMS and iMessage it does free up your number quite a bit. So depends on your plan, but since most plans are unlimited call/text, there tends to be fewer reasons not to use google voice and just have random number on Verizon.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Duckman2008 posted:

This. I would recommend moving to Google voice overall, if you don't care about MMS and iMessage it does free up your number quite a bit. So depends on your plan, but since most plans are unlimited call/text, there tends to be fewer reasons not to use google voice and just have random number on Verizon.

I did find out that Google Voice WILL attach MMS multimedia to the email it sends to your gmail account if you make it send your texts to you as email. It doesn't replace receiving SMS via your messaging app, it just copies them to email, so it's not as though you need to do anything other than checking the box on the GV site.

I imagine you can then just set a rule on your gmail account to treat those emails differently. Not sure if there's a way to automatically send them to Drive but doesn't Dropbox do auto-upload via email? I guess if you're really touchy about it you could use that.

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
Has anyone had issues with text messaging? I have had sprint since 2006 and SMS has always been finicky for me. Sometimes I'd get messages an hour later or never get them at all. Yesterday I sent a group message out at 1030am and got all 10 replies all at once at 11pm. I never seem to have problems sending them out, its always been receiving.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

The Entire Universe posted:

I did find out that Google Voice WILL attach MMS multimedia to the email it sends to your gmail account if you make it send your texts to you as email. It doesn't replace receiving SMS via your messaging app, it just copies them to email, so it's not as though you need to do anything other than checking the box on the GV site.

I imagine you can then just set a rule on your gmail account to treat those emails differently. Not sure if there's a way to automatically send them to Drive but doesn't Dropbox do auto-upload via email? I guess if you're really touchy about it you could use that.

Ironically, isn't this just from sprint customers? I guess when voice is completely gone and hangouts is the only thing, it may work.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Drevoak posted:

Has anyone had issues with text messaging? I have had sprint since 2006 and SMS has always been finicky for me. Sometimes I'd get messages an hour later or never get them at all. Yesterday I sent a group message out at 1030am and got all 10 replies all at once at 11pm. I never seem to have problems sending them out, its always been receiving.
I usually see issues like that when you're roaming or just in a weak service area (where it may flip back and forth between Sprint and roaming). Some people it's on and off for, but we have customers in some areas that get issues pretty consistently.

It's been better lately, but I've had issues with texts sent from home going through a day or two later in the past. I get 1-2 bars in most of my house and roam in rooms with no windows. I think doing the Google Voice integration helped, too.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

TVs Ian posted:

I usually see issues like that when you're roaming or just in a weak service area (where it may flip back and forth between Sprint and roaming). Some people it's on and off for, but we have customers in some areas that get issues pretty consistently.

It's been better lately, but I've had issues with texts sent from home going through a day or two later in the past. I get 1-2 bars in most of my house and roam in rooms with no windows. I think doing the Google Voice integration helped, too.

Google voice can work on wifi pretty easily as far as I know. At least for text messages. It's pretty much the only way I can text message in foreign countries. It kept me on sprint for longer than I should have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TLG James posted:

Ironically, isn't this just from sprint customers? I guess when voice is completely gone and hangouts is the only thing, it may work.

Nope, I haven't been on Sprint for a few months.

E: Google script that will autosave image attachments to Drive.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 11, 2013