Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

cisneros posted:

Paraguay fans booing their guys and cheering for Argentina, they're great.

they seem to be celebrating now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Looks like Messi has been studying Balloteli's penalty taking skills.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Congratulations to all the nations who qualified tonight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb7jna8iQQM

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
USA 5eva

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I went to the Brazil Portugal friendly, Mereiles was gifted that goal and Brazil really outplayed Portugal the rest of the match. Neymar was a little poo poo and his goal was a bullshit walk through Pepe and whoever Portugals other CB is, it was such a gimme goal. In any case, the better side won and I'm drunk.

I was the big Brazil plastic the whole match, it was nice. I guess this is how American Man U fans feel, hard to blame them.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The press in Scotland are so excited about our win over Macedonia.

Winning EURO 2016 is a real possibility.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/10/world-cup-2022-qatar-fifa-valcke

FIFA in not paying compensation for loving up league schedules with a winter world cup shocker

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Scott Bakula posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/10/world-cup-2022-qatar-fifa-valcke

FIFA in not paying compensation for loving up league schedules with a winter world cup shocker

Poor Rupert :qq: :qq:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

gently caress Sepp Blatter. I hate him more than I hate aids.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

BREAKING NEWS: Trapattoni quits Ireland by mutual consent.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Trap and Tardelli's contracts with the FAI have been ended "by mutual consent".

Enter: The Age of MONpocalypse.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Guess McD is out of the picture, think O'Neil probably has this one in the bag.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Unfortunately, Trap was just half the problem, really. Or, more correctly, a symptom of the problem, which is John Delaney and the FAI. The fact that they were willing to throw €1.5m per year at Trapattoni, while at the same time investing gently caress all money in football in this country at any other level, shows their ineptitude.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

They should merge the Irish teams imo.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Lmao.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Thank gently caress these are done, back to football

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Roy Hodgson: "I'm surprised to hear what I thought was a very good performance & result might be being seen as an underwhelming performance"

Lmao, we were loving poo poo Roy and if not for Cahill/Ukraine being a bit wank up front we'd have had the thumping we deserved.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Ninpo posted:

Roy Hodgson: "I'm surprised to hear what I thought was a very good performance & result might be being seen as an underwhelming performance"

Lmao, we were loving poo poo Roy and if not for Cahill/Ukraine being a bit wank up front we'd have had the thumping we deserved.

So if our defence was worse and the other team had scored we'd have lost? I'm shocked.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Total Meatlove posted:

So if our defence was worse and the other team had scored we'd have lost? I'm shocked.

Don't be a tit, on the whole the team was dire.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

The Irish FA can gently caress right off if they start sniffing around McDermott

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Total Meatlove posted:

Ukraine had the better chances, Zozulya had a shocker. They also had two clean headers on goal that they managed to a) miss and b) send straight to Hart.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

TelekineticBear! posted:

The Irish FA can gently caress right off if they start sniffing around McDermott
They're not going to, that was just who I would probably prefer, on the basis that he has expressed interest in doing it.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't O'Neill.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Highlights from the Ukraine vs England match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zsFKPgNLa

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Ninpo posted:

Highlights from the Ukraine vs England match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zsFKPgNLa
"This video does not exist"

I can't tell if this is intentional or not, either way it's fairly apt.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I watched Great British Bakeoff instead.

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

USA is gonna spank England next summer. What do you think flapsy?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lolsonic posted:

2 poo poo teams

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lolsonic posted:

in the world cup final

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

FIFA has apparently booted Cape Verde out of the African qualifying because they used a player who should have been suspended when they beat Tunisia last weekend. Tunisia takes Cape Verde's place in the last round of qualifying.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
This is the eighth time in this round qualifying that an African team got punished for ineligible players. Eighth. Time. Someone with more knowledge of African soccer please explain how this keeps happening.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

FIFA has apparently booted Cape Verde out of the African qualifying because they used a player who should have been suspended when they beat Tunisia last weekend. Tunisia takes Cape Verde's place in the last round of qualifying.

Man, that fuckin sucks, they were so close! How is it not the referee's or FIFA's responsibility to check the player lists before the match even starts? Seems ridiculous that the manager, Im assuming, has to keep track of all that.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Man, that fuckin sucks, they were so close! How is it not the referee's or FIFA's responsibility to check the player lists before the match even starts? Seems ridiculous that the manager, Im assuming, has to keep track of all that.

Why should the referee ? It's not his team. It's the managers job to look after the team. And that involves watching out for suspensions.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Natural posted:

Why should the referee ? It's not his team. It's the managers job to look after the team. And that involves watching out for suspensions.

I guess you're right. Im just surprised that nobody other than the team in question is checking these things What's the point of filing team sheets to the league/FIFA if they only check them after the fact?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The officials shouldn't allow ineligible players to play, you can't leave it up to the managers because whoops they'll pull this poo poo.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I feel bad for Cape Verde. The player sat out of the game against Equatorial Guinea and thought he had served his suspension. But because EQ fielded an ineligible player the game didn't count so he was still suspended. IMO since they played the full match against EQ I think he should have counted as having served his suspension. Bit bullcrap that they won't get a chance to qualify for the World Cup because a team played someone they shouldn't have against them.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

lolsonic posted:

I think it's unlikely they'll find themselves in the same group two world cups in a row.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Armenia vs Denmark highlights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDFf5YmeRSg

Psybro
May 12, 2002

MisterBadIdea posted:

This is the eighth time in this round qualifying that an African team got punished for ineligible players. Eighth. Time. Someone with more knowledge of African soccer please explain how this keeps happening.

I read a Guardian article on the African qualifiers and A Storm of Swords recently, the latter was easier to keep tabs on where everyone was and why.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

chaoslord posted:

I feel bad for Cape Verde. The player sat out of the game against Equatorial Guinea and thought he had served his suspension. But because EQ fielded an ineligible player the game didn't count so he was still suspended. IMO since they played the full match against EQ I think he should have counted as having served his suspension. Bit bullcrap that they won't get a chance to qualify for the World Cup because a team played someone they shouldn't have against them.

If that's true it's absolute bullshit and you can guess money changed hands somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
That is the most bullshit of bullshit rulings.

• Locked thread