Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Geirskogul posted:

Rightfully said :colbert:

If it wasn't for the PT Turbo, I wouldn't have perfectly-sized-but-larger oil filters. :comeback:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Linked from that Top Gear page, a V12 made out of bones? I'm so confused.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

It's a V12 for those earthy crunchy types. Organic.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I wasn't able to get decent photos, but I saw the awful VW again. It's acquired badly-painted red wheels, a lovely matte black paint job on the trunk lid, and it's lost the O'Reilly fog lights. The front license plate is now mounted on what appear to be brass hinges from a hardware store.

I counted six shocker stickers of two different kinds.

Of course, it's parked right in the middle of two parking spaces.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

atomicthumbs posted:

I wasn't able to get decent photos, but I saw the awful VW again. It's acquired badly-painted red wheels, a lovely matte black paint job on the trunk lid, and it's lost the O'Reilly fog lights. The front license plate is now mounted on what appear to be brass hinges from a hardware store.

I counted six shocker stickers of two different kinds.

Of course, it's parked right in the middle of two parking spaces.

As a Volkswagen owner...I say burn it. Its the only way to be sure.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Dear Craigslist,

"Clean" is not a euphemism for "Spent $5 on Armor-All". TIA.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Delivery McGee posted:

Edit: apparently the general public and even other carmakers thought for years that the height of the wing on the Daytona/SuperBird was decided by some secret arcane formula of aerodynamical mathematics. Actually the mathematical formula was something like (wing height)=(height of the open trunklid)+(an inch or so). It had to be somewhat tall to get out of the turbulence off the back window, but it was much taller than aerodynamics required simply so the trunk could open without hitting it. They didn't do that much actual math on the bits that actually affected the aero, either: they'd build something that looked like it would work on paper, bolted it to the prototype car, and drove it down an out-of-the-way airport runway and shut off the engine at a set distance and speed. How far the car coasted was as good a measure as any of how well the aero enhancements worked. The engineers would have preferred a wind tunnel, but they couldn't get access to one big enough for the car, and being an underfunded skunk works-style operation trying to get something out that would win races ASAP, didn't have the resources or time to prototype things with scale models in affordable wind tunnels.

How come this is spoiler-

oh

Nice

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

West SAAB Story posted:

Dear Craigslist,

I am pretty used to seeing "very clean" appended to "No MOT, but it's..." in adverts.

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

I see his Cadillac converter is working optimally.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

West SAAB Story posted:

Dear Craigslist,

The Merkur?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rhyno posted:

The Merkur?

Not this time. It's already a will-not-sell after like 20 people called. :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

West SAAB Story posted:

Not this time. It's already a will-not-sell after like 20 people called. :shrug:

God drat it. I need you to buy that car.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rhyno posted:

God drat it. I need you to buy that car.

Promise to wear the handmade jorts?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

I haven't checked what their awful website is about.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

The King of Swag posted:

I've always liked VWs solution to locking yourself out of the car--you simply can't. While I'm sure this has changed in the era of electronic locks, back when physical keys were all you had, the driver-side door on VWs could not be locked from the inside knob while the door was open. The only way to lock all the car doors while actually outside the car (with the windows up), is to have the key.

The super-best VW locks were hydraulically actuated and *would not* unlock unless you had the key. The thought was that if someone were going to break a window, they'd have to crawl through the glass to get in or out.

edit: And hating on manufacturers for lovely paint in the 80s- late 90s is stupid. Almost every manufacturer had clearcoat problems. Some had problems with dark colors, some had problems with light colors, some had problems across the spectrum. And once they figured that out they had to deal with adhesion issues from the low VOC requirements the EPA passed.

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 11, 2013

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

To be fair, I like that "zip tie technician" sticker. Mostly because I use 1,000,000 zip ties at work annually.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Boomerjinks posted:

Not his only one, either.

I remember an article about that dude's collection in Top Gear Magazine 15+ years ago. Does he still have the Mercs in different colours for each day of the week?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Cocoa Crispies posted:

AIDS

Speaking of scourges of humanity, I saw this thing over the weekend:

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Went to the car show on Ft. Bragg last weekend and saw some winners.

Somebody a few pages back said they like the Saturn Sky.

Then there was this....... thing. I almost want to say I may have seen it in this thread before, but if anything it deserves a repost.

Dude really really likes dragons.

What does every car need? If you said water feature then I'm going to go out and murder your parents.

Edit: That's "Reign of Fire" dvd selection screen on the three flat screens.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Kill-9 posted:

That's a good idea. And more importantly, cheap! I've always distrusted the magnetic boxes. I'll do that tonite. Thx.

A hitch safe is great for securing stuff:

It even comes with a cover so people can't see that it's there.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Goober Peas posted:

The super-best VW locks were hydraulically actuated and *would not* unlock unless you had the key. The thought was that if someone were going to break a window, they'd have to crawl through the glass to get in or out.

The current Audi Advanced Key is a source of wizardry. You can't even lock the key in the trunk intentionally. If you drop your keys in the boot and shut it, the lid pops open.

Das Volk posted:

Speaking of scourges of humanity, I saw this thing over the weekend:

I know a guy from college whose nickname has been "Twerk" since he was a kid, and has had it as his license plate since he was old enough to drive. He is getting it changed this week. :smith:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

drgitlin posted:

I remember an article about that dude's collection in Top Gear Magazine 15+ years ago. Does he still have the Mercs in different colours for each day of the week?

The video I posted up on the last page says that he's such a good customer for Mercedes they painted him up 7 cars in rainbow colours (with matching interiors!) for his wedding. That's pretty loving baller.

Rainbow Merc.

Rainbow Mercs.

Seems there's not too many photos of his ridiculous collection for some reason...

Also wrong thread;

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Sudo Echo posted:

This is pretty :black101:, wrong thread.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Terrible security measures, terrifying result.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Pretty good threshold stop for giant inboard brakes.

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

Sudo Echo posted:

It's funny because you'll need to sell marrow to keep one of those M275 engines running.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Poz'ing your neg social media.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
Found these two on imgur's homepage:

Which lead me to this:
https://www.facebook.com/CenCalTrucks

I recommend going through their photos, there's just so much to take in:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Can't speak for the others, but that one at least looks like they're running the standard wheels to move the truck, i asked about this a while ago and was told that the big offroad tractor wheels aren't suitable for the road, so the truck is driven like that to and from offroad events and the "proper" wheels/tyres are fitted there.

That said, after seeing those other pics, who the gently caress knows..

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Ulfhednar posted:

Found these two on imgur's homepage:

Which lead me to this:
https://www.facebook.com/CenCalTrucks

I recommend going through their photos, there's just so much to take in:

gently caress that is ugly. Holy hell what sort of brain damage do these people have?

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

gently caress that is ugly. Holy hell what sort of brain damage do these people have?

Bro machismo entered a closed loop mode.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Mooseykins posted:

Can't speak for the others, but that one at least looks like they're running the standard wheels to move the truck, i asked about this a while ago and was told that the big offroad tractor wheels aren't suitable for the road, so the truck is driven like that to and from offroad events and the "proper" wheels/tyres are fitted there.

That said, after seeing those other pics, who the gently caress knows..

Either that or his 26" rent-to-own dudebro wheels got repo'ed.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

MrChips posted:

Either that or his 26" rent-to-own dudebro wheels got repo'ed.

Hahaha, quite likely.

GIANT BODY LIFT, NOW WITH 0% INCREASE IN GROUND CLEARANCE!

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

KozmoNaut posted:

Terrible security measures, terrifying result.

I'm betting the drivers rear end in a top hat puckered so hard he turned inside-out. Holy poo poo.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Pretty good threshold stop for giant inboard brakes.

There was no threshold braking there.

That was "OH poo poo PEDAL TO THE FLOOR" full lock up. You wouldn't want to threshold brake on dirt anyway.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Nyyen posted:

I'm betting the drivers rear end in a top hat puckered so hard he turned inside-out. Holy poo poo.

Uh.. what about the people sitting in its path??? :psyduck:

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Mooseykins posted:

Uh.. what about the people sitting in its path??? :psyduck:

They're still looking for the chairs.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

West SAAB Story posted:

If it wasn't for the PT Turbo, I wouldn't have perfectly-sized-but-larger oil filters. :comeback:

Or lots of really nice donor engines for older turbo dodges.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Studded tires. In summer. In Arkansas. I guess they're supposed to be super mud tires but :fuckoff: you're the (part of) reason the roads here are poo poo.

Incidently this photo was also taken outside of a women's health clinic, come to think of it. I think it belongs to a doctor there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

This is really popular with Mexican drivers around here and after a good rain all the trucks are covered with mud because the tires just throw all the mud from the road straight on the truck. I just don't get it.