Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coeus
Sep 21, 2006

Posting for a TNG invite for my bounty hunter, Njordr.

Coeus fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

What server are people mostly playing on?

A buddy and I started playing a couple of days ago on Jedi Covenant.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Ill have myself and maybe 1-3 more on JC as well. Downloading the client now.

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple

FunkyFjord posted:

What server are people mostly playing on?

A buddy and I started playing a couple of days ago on Jedi Covenant.

That appears to be the server, though it's all Imperial

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'm ok with imperial.

Well good someone send an invite Fjordgy's way.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

We should probably look for a home for our pub alts, since prime defense seems to be dead? I don't think we have enough pub players to make a guild, anyone know of any cool ones?

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Are there much EU goons playing this and still guilded up? I didn't see anything in the OP.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Yoshimo posted:

Are there much EU goons playing this and still guilded up? I didn't see anything in the OP.

There's no (active) EU goon guild sadly but if you're on the PVE server (Red Eclipse I think) the guild I'm in would be happy to have you! We've housed a few lonesome goons thus far.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

There's no (active) EU goon guild sadly but if you're on the PVE server (Red Eclipse I think) the guild I'm in would be happy to have you! We've housed a few lonesome goons thus far.

I actually am on that server, are you goodies or baddies?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Yoshimo posted:

I actually am on that server, are you goodies or baddies?

We're primarily republic, though we have a mild presence on imp side (rarely if ever anything organised though). Raids and events daily on republic side though! I can drop you an invite any time after half 5 UK time today.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

That suits me fine - I'm a level 34 Commando! I'm in just now as Murdochi.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Eltoasto posted:

We should probably look for a home for our pub alts, since prime defense seems to be dead? I don't think we have enough pub players to make a guild, anyone know of any cool ones?

Goon Squad exists on life support. Might be our only option.

CesiumCanoe
Oct 9, 2012

Oh ya
ROTHC free to subscribers starting Sep 12:
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130910

Let the whining begin.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Whoo! New title!

Note: That's not sarcasm. I actually am stoked about getting more unlocks and stuff. Gotta catch 'em all.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I don't quite remember my dates, but does that mean people who pre-ordered Hutt Cartel pretty much break even on cartel coins?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
No, that's for this year. People who bought the expansion within the last month get the free coins.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
drat, I got the refer a friend free 7 days so technically I'm a a subscriber, but I bought the expansion yesterday.

I'm supposed to get cartel coins for it? Ill have to check my balance.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
I just bought the expansion like 3 days ago. I should probably have done some research first...

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

hobocrunch posted:

I just bought the expansion like 3 days ago. I should probably have done some research first...

You'll get your money back in cartel coins. It's people who bought the pack when it came out that get just the title.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Since we're being compensated (to various degrees,) they're effectively making RotHC $15 with a free month.

Al Baron fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 10, 2013

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I cracked and made another alt Empire-side on JC...if anyone with invite privileges sees Anakris could you throw me an invite?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

CesiumCanoe posted:

ROTHC free to subscribers starting Sep 12:
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130910

Let the whining begin.

This is wonderful. :neckbeard:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is the e-mail service down for some reason? Tried to log in from my new apartment and it's refusing to send me the code.

e: Took 'em long enough, but they did.

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 11, 2013

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Alright well anyone playing on JC send a guild invite or friend request my way, I'll be playing imperial side, character name Fjordgy.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/1lw7p3/swtormined_notso_super_secret_space_project/

You guys see this yet?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

As a matter of fact, I have.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am really hoping it comes out sometime soonish and doesn't absolutely suck.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Skoll posted:

I am really hoping it comes out sometime soonish and doesn't absolutely suck.

I don't think it will suck...

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2013/09/swtor-mined-not-so-super-secret-space-project-preview-2-spoiler.html

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2013/09/secret-space-project-preview-1.html

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

You'll get your money back in cartel coins. It's people who bought the pack when it came out that get just the title.

Will I get the title as well as the cartel coins?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

We're primarily republic, though we have a mild presence on imp side (rarely if ever anything organised though). Raids and events daily on republic side though! I can drop you an invite any time after half 5 UK time today.

I had no idea there were others out there! Can I please have a invite: Incredibely , 43-ish scoundrel.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

If my presence is going to be really sporadic, is it still worth joining a guild?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

StashAugustine posted:

If my presence is going to be really sporadic, is it still worth joining a guild?

A decent sized guild will give you a 10% experience bonus, so yes.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Dunno-Lars posted:

I had no idea there were others out there! Can I please have a invite: Incredibely , 43-ish scoundrel.

Sure, ill invite you at around 6pm GMT today or later, as I'm at work until 5. Once you guys get to 50/55 we can run you through some ops quick as anything and get you geared up. We're mostly in full 72 (the second highest tier of gear) so when we do story or hard mode runs we rarely need any of the drops!

Katina
May 3, 2009
Nobody happens to be on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, do they? It's getting pretty lonely over here.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

That actually looks pretty cool. Whoever did the ship designs did a great job (NE?). Any idea if it will have controller or flight stick support? Or would one need to put together a profile for it?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

This looks way better and deeper than I'd expected. I'm hoping it's not just PVP, but some co-op raid style content as well. They seem to be putting enough work into it to make it a significant expansion to the game and not just something tacked on.

e: Oh wow, I just noticed that tutorial screenshot shows X-Wing style power management.

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 11, 2013

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

e: Oh wow, I just noticed that tutorial screenshot shows X-Wing style power management.

I noticed that too and wet myself a little. For the first time since closed beta, I have hope for this game.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Sure, ill invite you at around 6pm GMT today or later, as I'm at work until 5. Once you guys get to 50/55 we can run you through some ops quick as anything and get you geared up. We're mostly in full 72 (the second highest tier of gear) so when we do story or hard mode runs we rarely need any of the drops!

Ahh, wrong name I gave you.

It is Incrediblely , as the correct spelling was taken :)

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

I've done like 0 space missions ever- are they worth doing at all (in terms of exp rewards)? I'm trying to level my Merc and would like to do something I haven't done a poo poo load of in the past- right now I'm running FPs and WZs and doing some planetary content, but after like 3 characters to 55 I am bored of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Dunno-Lars posted:

Ahh, wrong name I gave you.

It is Incrediblely , as the correct spelling was taken :)

Online now!

• Locked thread