Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If Pete Prisco kills himself we'll know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Febreeze posted:

You were really dishing into him too. I kept refreshing twitter every 5 minutes to see a new rage tweet

Twitter's just about the worst possible format for me to try and make any kind of coherent statement, since I tend to be long-winded. I handle that not by being more succinct and concise, but by sending out multitudes of sequential Tweets like a crazy person.

I'm bad at Twitter.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Toaster Beef posted:

Twitter's just about the worst possible format for me to try and make any kind of coherent statement, since I tend to be long-winded. I handle that not by being more succinct and concise, but by sending out multitudes of sequential Tweets like a crazy person.

I'm bad at Twitter.

I actually prefer your method wayyyyyyyy more than jamming everything into one message that's 90% abbreviations and general "what the gently caress is this"-ness?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

I'm bad at Twitter.

People often tell me that my articles are too dense and a tad long, but sometimes there just isn't a good way to convey meaning without specificity. I wouldn't worry about it. Screw being ineffective for the sake of brevity.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Prisco makes me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1JAZwOSA1s

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Toaster, that was some good stuff.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Parlett316 posted:

Toaster, that was some good stuff.

Thanks, man. gently caress if it'll ever get an actual reply, but it felt good to get it out there.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

drat it, now I need to go on twitter to read what went down.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Pete Prisco kills himself with a gunshot to the head, making sure his cold, cold heart is kept intact so it can be used for medical research into the long term effects of sports media journalism.

The whole "players know exactly what they are getting themselves into" angle is so loving disgusting. They know it's a violent game, but the research into how incredibly devastating it is has been fairly recent. The players have every right to be greedy. They're the ones who are going to end up dead in their 50's, not Goodell or the owners. Give them every loving dime that the NFL makes off of them.

P.S. go pats :toot:

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
I think I only read Peter King at this point to roll my eyes.

Peter loving King posted:

I went to Boston Tuesday night to catch a Red Sox game. Nothing of great substance happened, other than a good night out with some friends and family. And a wonderful meal—at Eastern Standard, around the corner from Fenway Park on Commonwealth Avenue. If you like a place with a fine menu and a better beer menu—and a place where the wait staff can talk about the beer the way Italian waiters can talk about wine at a restaurant in Italy—Eastern Standard’s the place for you.

Oh, thanks for telling me about that Peter.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Nothing of substance happened by Peter King

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Beard Yawn posted:

I should open every essay for my literature class like that. I'll make sure to share my professor's response.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I also enjoyed the part where he described a pretty standard restaurant.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Sash! posted:

I also enjoyed the part where he described a pretty standard restaurant.

Really, we should all be jealous of of him. How wonderful it must be to live in a world where every loving thing you see is a cause for celebration. And where the worst catastrophes you suffer are sub-par hotels (paid for by your employer) and less than perfect airline flights (paid for by your employer).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Peter King is the living incarnation of First World Problems.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Beard Yawn posted:

How many people who read his national column does this restaurant review help out? 25?

Well, I know I live in Birmingham, Alabama, but Peter King talked about this regular sounding restaurant in Boston, so gas up the car honey we gotta get there!

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Peter King is the living incarnation of First World Problems.

I live in the US, and cannot relate to "coffeenerdness" and field hockey. Peter King is the voice of the One Percent Sports Fan.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

Nothing of substance happened by Peter King

The Autobiography

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Really, we should all be jealous of of him. How wonderful it must be to live in a world where every loving thing you see is a cause for celebration. And where the worst catastrophes you suffer are sub-par hotels (paid for by your employer) and less than perfect airline flights (paid for by your employer).

Don't forget the upcoming holocaust that is having to attend a cold-weather Super Bowl and getting paid for it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

MD2020 posted:

Don't forget the upcoming holocaust that is having to attend a cold-weather Super Bowl and getting paid for it.

While watching the entire game in the press box/luxury suite. That has heating.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 8, 2013

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

haljordan posted:

While watching the entire game in the press box/luxury suite. That has heating.

Probably has coffee too. But not coffee that's up to Peter King's standards, I'm sure!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Is that a loving paid ad, Peter? Jesus

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

AsInHowe posted:

Probably has coffee too. But not coffee that's up to Peter King's standards, I'm sure!

The press area in the Medowlands is really nice. I've been up there a few times.

St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mike Alden, supergenius.
He won't be the only sportswriter bitching about it, which is dumb and annoying because they're being paid to be at the loving Superbowl.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Weather touched me :smith:

I got paid a fortune to write drivel about sports, flown all over the country all the time, and then got to go to the Super Bowl and it was mildly uncomfortable temperature-wise. What a travesty.

If they'd rather be warm, they can watch and report live from my living room and I'll use their passes.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I seriously hope it snows for the Super Bowl because

A. Snow football owns
B. gently caress the press

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Part of me hopes that not only does it snow, but it's a warm weather team vs a cold weather team and the warm weather team wins. That, or the cold weather team blows them out, causing mass controversy forever. But preferably the first, so that we get more cold weather superbowls.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Remember that time the Super Bowl was in Jacksonville and the press spent two weeks bitching about getting paid to go to the Super Bowl and being showered with all kinds of free poo poo because they had to go through the horrible inconvenience of doing it IN JACKSONVILLE?!?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Febreeze posted:

Part of me hopes that not only does it snow, but it's a warm weather team vs a cold weather team and the warm weather team wins. That, or the cold weather team blows them out, causing mass controversy forever. But preferably the first, so that we get more cold weather superbowls.

I hope it snows two feet and a giant sheet of frozen snow lets loose from the stadium, landing in the press box and killing all within.

Draw that. Peter King tweeting on his phone about the subpar latte he just received for free while white doom falls from above.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Crazy Ted posted:

Remember that time the Super Bowl was in Jacksonville and the press spent two weeks bitching about getting paid to go to the Super Bowl and being showered with all kinds of free poo poo because they had to go through the horrible inconvenience of doing it IN JACKSONVILLE?!?

They're only mad because they think they'll have to hire Jacksonville prostitutes, as if they won't ship them in from Miami anyway.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

They should still hold the game in Jersey, but place the press box in a research station in Antarctica or something.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

haljordan posted:

They should still hold the game in Jersey, but place the press box in a research station in Antarctica or something.

It will feel that way anyway probably, complete with obese mammals catching snagging food from mid air.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Febreeze posted:

I hope it takes place in a blizzard with ridiculous wind and it's Brady vs Rodgers and everyone is totally sure they're going to be fine because they play in the cold and it's just so windy and gross the two teams just spend all game running the ball and doing tiny short dumpoffs.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Kalli posted:

I hope it takes place in a blizzard with ridiculous wind and it's Brady vs Rodgers and everyone is totally sure they're going to be fine because they play in the cold and it's just so windy and gross the two teams just spend all game running the ball and doing tiny short dumpoffs.

I hope the weather's fine but the game is still like this.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Kalli posted:

It actually doesn't get that windy in the new building. Even when it's whipping around pretty good outside its pretty calm in the bowl itself.

The old building had a tunnel that opened from one end zone right onto the playing field, that was the source of the terrible winds/reputation at Giants Stadium.

It might be cold with a lot of precipitation but it won't be old school [John Facenda voice] swirling winds of Giants Stadium. [/John Facenda voice]

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2013/09/patriots_dreadf.html

quote:

It was an all-around embarrassment.

From Tom Brady’s on-field hissy-fits, to the ineptitude of rookie receivers Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins, to the increasingly transparent, stubborn offseason moves by Bill Belichick, to the unwatchable coverage provided by the NFL Network, Thursday night’s 13-10 Patriots win over the Jets was about as bad as football can get.

Hideous.

quote:

Everybody is accountable for this mess, and the sobering, best-case scenario is only that the Patriots are decimated in Week 2, giving these rookies time to mold and mature for the second-half of the season.

Until then, it is what it is. And it is most definitely putrid.

The pats looked pretty bad last night but this is such an entitled, hysterical load of crap I had to check and make sure it wasn't a parody of :patssay:. There's teams that will probably have 2 or 3 wins at most this season, complaining about being 2-0 is a real bad look.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Anaranjado posted:

complaining about being 2-0 is a real bad look.

Welcome to how most spoiled Patriots fans currently work. "WE AREN'T UNBEATABLE ANYMORE, WE LOOK KINDA BAD, EVERYTHING IS HORRIBLE, WAAAAAAA" :patssay:

I think it was Patriots fans who started the "NFL is rigged" talk too, shortly after the Pats lost Superbowl 46. Even though using superbowl 46 as an example is easily the dumbest thing.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 13, 2013

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Yeah now imagine you're a fan of the team who lost to the "putrid" Patriots.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I don't get how the Patriots won by 3 points. How did Tom Brady only score half a touchdown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Eric Wilbur probably should have thrown a PATHETIC!!! in there for good measure.

• Locked thread