Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
I love Seaman but I've sort of become conflicted on how I feel about that being a challenge. Ultimately what I loved about Seaman was taking it 100% seriously. I don't know if Seaman would be as good if you were joking around with it, and I don't expect Arino to have a totally serious conversation with Seaman.

If you play Seaman in all seriousness it's almost like therapy, god that was a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

GidgetNomates posted:

I love Seaman but I've sort of become conflicted on how I feel about that being a challenge. Ultimately what I loved about Seaman was taking it 100% seriously. I don't know if Seaman would be as good if you were joking around with it, and I don't expect Arino to have a totally serious conversation with Seaman.

If you play Seaman in all seriousness it's almost like therapy, god that was a good game.

Man, Id be pretty weirded out if my therapist busted this one out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb7IbLEPRUs

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Gutcruncher posted:

Man, Id be pretty weirded out if my therapist busted this one out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb7IbLEPRUs

He does say goofy things but in a really earnest way. All the advertising for this game made it sound like the dirtiest possible game like he was just going to be swearing at you 24/7 and it wasn't like that at all. I mean one of the ads was just flat out a dude loving a fish because I guess Seaman makes you want to gently caress fish or something. That is not even vaguely the actual vibe of this game. He can be crass sometimes but he's a lot more serious than you expect.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

GidgetNomates posted:

He does say goofy things but in a really earnest way. All the advertising for this game made it sound like the dirtiest possible game like he was just going to be swearing at you 24/7 and it wasn't like that at all. I mean one of the ads was just flat out a dude loving a fish because I guess Seaman makes you want to gently caress fish or something. That is not even vaguely the actual vibe of this game. He can be crass sometimes but he's a lot more serious than you expect.

Yeah Seaman's pretty rad. I beat it for the first time earlier this year (show of hands who here knew Seaman was a game you could beat or a game that even had a set goal) and it's like absolutely nothing else out there. Also the story (show of hands who here knew Seaman was a game with a story) takes a turn for the loving batshit near the end. It's great.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
New Game Center CX 3 info, courtesy of Famitsu:

-The game takes place in "District 3"; you can now explore the town map and visit different places like arcades, snack stores, etc
-15(+?) minigames, some of which will include multiplayer
-JP release date is January 23, they're also planning a limited-edition package that'll be revealed at TGS

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

New Game Center CX 3 info, courtesy of Famitsu:

-The game takes place in "District 3"; you can now explore the town map and visit different places like arcades, snack stores, etc
-15(+?) minigames, some of which will include multiplayer
-JP release date is January 23, they're also planning a limited-edition package that'll be revealed at TGS

I'm gonna guess the limited-edition package will come with one of the trading cards.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Did anyone else here notice that TV-Nihon just released episode 12 of GCCX?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'm looking forward to watching episode 13 in 2016.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I was somewhat (given who is translating it) excited until I saw which episode it they finally translated... It's Takeshi's Castle, which was already done many moons ago by SAGCCX (and/or Clover?). Nice job I guess, TV-Nihon? :geno:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

absolutely anything posted:

Yeah Seaman's pretty rad. I beat it for the first time earlier this year (show of hands who here knew Seaman was a game you could beat or a game that even had a set goal) and it's like absolutely nothing else out there. Also the story (show of hands who here knew Seaman was a game with a story) takes a turn for the loving batshit near the end. It's great.
Well, you can't just put this out there and not tell us what happens :colbert:

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
I can't create my user on alluvion.org and it's frustrating... I do exactly as it says but no success.

"Sorry, we couldn't find your registration number in your profile information, or your profile did not load correctly."

I try with my username or userid.

:mad:

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Our shooter has been revealed!

For episode 167, Arino will be challenging Sky Kid.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ShiroTheSniper posted:

I can't create my user on alluvion.org and it's frustrating... I do exactly as it says but no success.

"Sorry, we couldn't find your registration number in your profile information, or your profile did not load correctly."

I try with my username or userid.

:mad:

Yeah same here, been trying since late last night.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

This inspires great confidence: "Thanks, GCX is always a bit of a slog to get through and I think we end up making the most mistakes in it because Arino's accent is difficult and after a while you just don't care anymore. If you're interested, there's always translation positions open~"

I mean, if you're doing it for fun, then that's cool. But reading stuff like this makes me wonder why they are bothering when they can't really do any regular releases, they can't give it the full quality and attention that they do other projects, and there's already other groups out there handling the translations who have done a much better job and are releasing on a more regular schedule. I don't want to sound like I'm bashing them or their work, it just seems weird. Like, they don't even mention that there's all these episodes that have been translated for fans of the show.

To each their own. I have no problem with people doing their own thing. I'm just curious as to why they're bothering given all these factors.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Adamant posted:

That's not Doom. :saddowns:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

To each their own. I have no problem with people doing their own thing. I'm just curious as to why they're bothering given all these factors.

For many fansubbers, there is literally nothing more important than their pride.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

"Thanks, GCX is always a bit of a slog to get through and I think we end up making the most mistakes in it because Arino's accent is difficult and after a while you just don't care anymore. If you're interested, there's always translation positions open~"

In response to several translation corrections. Holy poo poo, TVN.

Economy Clown Car
May 5, 2009

by Pipski

And it's double hilarious because as mentioned earlier it's an episode that was already translated with a superior translation as well.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I did a little comparing and contrasting of the videos, because I'm a nerd with nothing better to do, and yeah. It's typical TV-Nihon stuff. I can't comment on accuracy, but the writing is really stuffy and formal, and it sounds like it wasn't written by someone who understood English. The title is "Assault! [Takeshi's Castle thing]" instead of "Attack! [Takeshi's Castle thing]," and a lot of the differences are stuff like that. The words are similar in meaning, it's just that Nihon's work doesn't sound like something somebody would say. Like "Assault" and "Attack." While they both mean the same thing, assault tends to have a more criminal connotation, and just sort of sounds weird in that context (although, given Takeshi's behavior that got him kicked off the air for a little bit...). Attack works better as an exclamation and just sounds more natural.

So yeah, if you're a nerd, have fun! Now, I'm going to get a life.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Adamant posted:

I think I remember playing that on MAME a few times two or three years ago, but never getting past the first level... Which means this should be a great challenge for the part of me that loves to watch Arino suffer. :twisted:

That's some real professionalism right there.

Have they mentioned anything about SAGCCX already translating that episode?
Edit: There was no mention of SAGCCX that I could see. But, their forum looks like it's not super active and I'm sure even mentioning the fact that it's already been translated would get someone banned.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 12, 2013

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Economy Clown Car posted:

And it's double hilarious because as mentioned earlier it's an episode that was already translated with a superior translation as well.

They act and operate like the Amish or something. Except the Amish have fleeting contact with the outside world.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

rdbbb posted:

They act and operate like the Amish or something. Except the Amish have fleeting contact with the outside world.

The Amish have a work ethic.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

rdbbb posted:

So the Amish make sub-par but generally acceptable fansubs of cult German television shows? Who would have thought? Learn something new everyday.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Adamant posted:

Speaking as someone who got really good at that game when it was one of only three NES games available to me for a while, I was unaware there is an ending. I thought the game just looped with sightly harder variations forever. Apparently it does at level 26.

Arino is so screwed.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Sky Kid, which just came out on 3DS Virtual Console in Japan, and will have an homage in the GCCX 3DS game. Ah, synergy.

vvv OK guess not, so sowwy

rdbbb fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 13, 2013

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

rdbbb posted:

just came out on 3DS Virtual Console in Japan,

Early April, so it's not THAT recent.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

:siren: It's alive! :siren:

We're back and the it's time for one of the "unique" games. Can Arino beat Bio-Warrior Dan?

This episode is translated by the ever busy zari-gani and proofed by Hirayuki.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 572.87 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

This is the best Friday the 13th of 2013. You're just great.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Not sure why, but the DDL link seems to just redirect me to the website's homepage.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nahxela posted:

Not sure why, but the DDL link seems to just redirect me to the website's homepage.

I had this problem before and wasn't sure what happened so I thought I'd just try again. Looks like that won't work. I can't upload to another file site until the seeding is properly underway for the torrent, though.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Nice! This is another one of those episodes I've been wanting to watch for a while, but could never find a decent copy.

Thanks for the hard work as always, guys! :)

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Random Stranger posted:

I had this problem before and wasn't sure what happened so I thought I'd just try again. Looks like that won't work. I can't upload to another file site until the seeding is properly underway for the torrent, though.
No sweat, there's no rush.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Random Stranger posted:

Doesn't gigafile only allow one download at a time per file?

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the release!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Thanks guys! A new SAGCCX always means I am having a good day!

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Why does Arino use a limited continue on the First Stage of games :argh:

Thanks team! loving it so far.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
And I was about to go to bed. gently caress YOU ALL.

No, really, I love you guys. :ohdear:

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
GCCX 3 official site: http://gamecenter.bngames.net/
PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StvuOxI65vQ

G.rev, makers of Under Defeat, Border Down, Strania, Senko no Ronde and Mamorukun, halted all of their projects to work on this game, so it must be important to them. That's pretty much the only reason I know it exists.

InsaneDavid
Oct 22, 2012
Thanks for subbing this episode!

Bio Senshi Dan is a pretty interesting game. It also had a canceled but completed localization and rework as Bashi Bazook Morphoid Masher. In addition to translating / rewriting the text, some of the graphics, such as the scenes at the inns, were changed completely. Definitely worth checking out after playing the unofficial fan translation, which is also very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Megalixir posted:

G.rev, makers of Under Defeat, Border Down, Strania, Senko no Ronde and Mamorukun, halted all of their projects to work on this game, so it must be important to them.

That or they wanted to work on something that would actually make them some money.

How big are G.rev these days, anyway? They're basically Treasure-sized, right?