Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ibntumart posted:

it is just Green Arrow, the Aquaman of the land.
Created by the same person and debuted in the exact same issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ibntumart posted:

the Aquaman of the land

I'm stealing this and using it to describe useless people I don't like.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

ibntumart posted:

it is just Green Arrow, the Aquaman of the land.

He's more like Batman, if Robin Hood crashed through that window.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ibntumart posted:

the Aquaman of the land.

Wouldn't that be Animal Man?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Wouldn't that be Animal Man?

Animal Man is infinitely more useful

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Besides, Animal Man has sea-powers....in addition to land based animal powers, too.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Besides, Animal Man has sea-powers....in addition to land based animal powers, too.

Yeah but can he breathe underwater?

Actually wait he can when he channels an aquatic animal... poo poo, uh wow Aquaman really does kinda suck in the powers department.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
He's also super strong, too. And even though it was bullshit, he can apparently give people seizures thanks to "the part of your brain that evolved from fish".

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is this the part where people parrot the same old talking points from Seanbaby's Super Friends page and those silly Cartoon Network shorts and other people rebuke those points by going "nuh huh he's totally awesome and strong and king of 90% of the Earth plus he punches whales and fucks narwhals"?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

WickedHate posted:

He's also super strong, too. And even though it was bullshit, he can apparently give people seizures thanks to "the part of your brain that evolved from fish".

That was a Martian, they've got different brains.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr. Maltose posted:

That was a Martian, they've got different brains.

Good point!

Calaveron posted:

Is this the part where people parrot the same old talking points from Seanbaby's Super Friends page and those silly Cartoon Network shorts and other people rebuke those points by going "nuh huh he's totally awesome and strong and king of 90% of the Earth plus he punches whales and fucks narwhals"?

Don't forget "He had a hook for a hand!" and "OUTRAGEOUS CHUM!".

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

WickedHate posted:

Buddy gets proportional strength when he channels an animal so he's got super strength too barring channeling a goldfish or something. Aquaman's powerset just doesn't stack up that well but hey Hawkguy fight aliens and gods with a weapon from the paleolithic era

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I propose we argue about Aquaman's adequateness/laughability entirely through out of context panels that provoke mirth.

Adventure Comics #188

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The idea of a splint for a tentacle is mind-boggling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ghostlight posted:

I propose we argue about Aquaman's adequateness/laughability entirely through out of context panels that provoke mirth.

Adventure Comics #188

I fully endorse this idea, so I'll just do a quick search for Aquaman an-

:stare:

I have no idea on the source, I've searched and all I can find is more people going :stare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well this escalated quickly :stonk:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Jerusalem posted:

I have no idea on the source, I've searched and all I can find is more people going :stare:

You know, in an auction, you bid a little above the last bid, then a bit more, then a bit more. You don't go straight from ten bucks to forty million dollars

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
But Aquaman always has the best plans!

Can anyone help on the source for this, I can't find anything.

And from Super Friends #12:

:catstare:

ghosthorse fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 13, 2013

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Namor is obviously Aquaman's superior.

Good old Namor. :911:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

The surviving zombies, huh...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All I can see is this old PBF Comic:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Requisite

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Arctic Baldwin posted:

The surviving zombies, huh...

Nazombies at that!

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
You should be reading Fearless Defenders! These are pages from the ninth issue of said comic!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is that Nate Grey? Did he decide to start wearing shoes again but at the expense of a shirt?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jerusalem posted:

Is that Nate Grey? Did he decide to start wearing shoes again but at the expense of a shirt?
Nate Grey scoffs at your mundane notion of "shirts".

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Matlock posted:

You should be reading Fearless Defenders! These are pages from the ninth issue of said comic!

I am but that issue felt forced and fake grrrl power-ey like somebody decided the team hadn't gotten enough flak from men so they just toss together some half-assed excuse to do a bordering on parody of feminism men can't handle women working issue.

And continuity nit-pick Clea and Strange got divorced in the early 90's so she doesn't actually need one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is this some kind of comic for MRAs or something?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Is this some kind of comic for MRAs or something?

Unless being "for" them means "making dudes look like total buffoons," no.

The Valkyrie/Annabelle switch is a really fun plot dynamic.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Matlock posted:

Unless being "for" them means "making dudes look like total buffoons," no.

See that's the thing the issue reads like an MRA wrote it trying to parody feminism. Like there should be a south park "THIS IS WHAT FEMINISTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE" scroll underneath it.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

I'm going to say that I completely disagree, given that the entire loving comic was having the males fail the Bechdel Test and the women passing it. It was a spin on poorly written pop culture gender roles that was a Fun Comic that was also Funny. I'll leave it at that, because holy crap is this a can of worms I didn't want to see.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Matlock posted:

I'll leave it at that, because holy crap is this a can of worms I didn't want to see.

Worms, eh?

From Superman Family #213, in which Lana Lang uses her evil insect powers to make silkworms grow large and also become accomplished tailors.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
/\/\/\/\They made her a wig too!

Matlock posted:

I'm going to say that I completely disagree, given that the entire loving comic was having the males fail the Bechdel Test and the women passing it. It was a spin on poorly written pop culture gender roles that was a Fun Comic that was also Funny. I'll leave it at that, because holy crap is this a can of worms I didn't want to see.

It was a great issue. The page with Strange wondering why Clea divorced him needs to be posted.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Worms, eh?

From Superman Family #213, in which Lana Lang uses her evil insect powers to make silkworms grow large and also become accomplished tailors.

Speaking of creepy crawlies: Mighty Avengers 1.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Matlock posted:

Speaking of creepy crawlies: Mighty Avengers 1.

It's the Green Goblin colorscheme that really seals the deal. :allears:

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I not specifically Funny Panels this ended up in the recommendation tabs of the Max Landis death and return of superman video from the DC death watch thread. It is in a word, laughable.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Un, Aquaman, I hate to break it to you but a goat's udder is located way back between its hind legs, like a cow's.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm glad they hired an actor to play Thor.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Knormal posted:

Un, Aquaman, I hate to break it to you but a goat's udder is located way back between its hind legs, like a cow's.

What makes you think he's milking the goat? Maybe Aquaman merely chooses to identify as a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jerusalem posted:

This is incredibly specific.

• Locked thread