Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Ages 3 and Up seemed to be the only table alongside TFSource that wasn't actively trying to gently caress customers over on the dealer floor, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rei_ posted:

Ages 3 and Up seemed to be the only table alongside TFSource that wasn't actively trying to gently caress customers over on the dealer floor, it seems.

There was a guy in the corner that was legit selling everything he had at a loss, there were tubs of United Deluxes.

I just got a message from BBTS that my Quadruple U has arrived.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FPJ10032&mode=retail

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 10, 2013

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I was just thinking about him recently too, as he was supposed to be released in September initially. Still waiting on that Weirdwolf, too. GOD he looks loving sweet.

Speaking about waiting, I ordered a Maketoys Paladin\Chaos from Captured Prey in December. DECEMBER. I know it's not CP's fault - they got screwed and are bending over backwards to make it better, but I saw a bunch of people with them at TFCon so what the gently caress, Maketoys?

From what I've heard, the first lot wasn't up to snuff and had problems with parts being too tght and problems with some parts not being put on correctly so they asked the stores that had placed smaller orders if they were willing to take the 'best' ones of the lot while they tried to get things in order. Same deal with the their Mobine add-on set.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So somehow my local TRU had all the Platinums in today. I passed on Magnus but... yeah, I got a Bruticus now. Mainly because it's thhe SDCC G1/FOC deco and there's that third-party Onslaught incoming, but until then does anyone have those not-poo poo fanmode pics?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

404GoonNotFound posted:

So somehow my local TRU had all the Platinums in today. I passed on Magnus but... yeah, I got a Bruticus now. Mainly because it's thhe SDCC G1/FOC deco and there's that third-party Onslaught incoming, but until then does anyone have those not-poo poo fanmode pics?

I can snap some for you, gimme some minutes to set him up.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

Out of curiosity, was A3+ the only dealer selling them?

The guys who run Palace Gifts in Seattle and EdBomber Toys out of Houston had them as well. Guess he sold totally out of them, but I think he's got more on pre-order, I'll check. http://www.edbomber.com/main/index.php/3rd-party/maketoys/maketoys-mobine-series-chaos-paladin-pre-order.html

strangehamster posted:

There was a guy in the corner that was legit selling everything he had at a loss, there were tubs of United Deluxes.

I just got a message from BBTS that my Quadruple U has arrived.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FPJ10032&mode=retail

Will you take some pictures of him when you get him? Cause I'm hoping that colored picture they have is still a prototype.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ok 404Goon, here goes:

This is how I usually configure "regular" Bruticus. There's no stress on Blast Off and it allows elbow articulation.

This is "reverse" Bruticus, it's how I usually display my G2 Dudicus. It has a shoulder Cannon and special Blastoff Leg configuration.

If you have two Bruticus you can switch limbs around!

Armored Bruticus!

Flightmode Bruticus!

Hope it helps!

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I've a few days off from tomorrow, I might have a stab at a 'reality scale G1 Bruticus' drawing.

The other thing I thought of today was why aren't any 3rd Partys having a go at Snapdragon or Apeface Horrorcons? I have G1 Snapdragon, he doesn't need much doing to but robot Apeface is loving terrible.

I'm not a fan of the 3rd party Weirdwolf either, it looks like an emaciated fox in wolf mode.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I was just thinking about him recently too, as he was supposed to be released in September initially. Still waiting on that Weirdwolf, too. GOD he looks loving sweet.

BBTS sent me an email this morning saying he was available and processing, so I guess that's at least something.

quote:

Speaking about waiting, I ordered a Maketoys Paladin\Chaos from Captured Prey in December. DECEMBER. I know it's not CP's fault - they got screwed and are bending over backwards to make it better, but I saw a bunch of people with them at TFCon so what the gently caress, Maketoys?

Don't know what the deal is with Paladin/Chaos. My preorder is with BBTS, and still nothing despite the fairly large number of them for sale at cons and numerous video reviews.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Thanks Blackheart, that's a great starting point. But could I get a side shot of Blast Off in that first one? Can't really seem to get the engine to cooperate with me and the angle/shadow in that pic isn't really doing me any favors.

e: Speaking of which, I have no drat idea how they can do this with Blast Off without outright disassembly:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 11, 2013

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The rebirth of slick.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

SOLD on Smokescreen now they got the decals more or less right.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

edit: nevermind it's China bullshit knockoffs now I look into it.

Goldskull fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 11, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

404GoonNotFound posted:

Thanks Blackheart, that's a great starting point. But could I get a side shot of Blast Off in that first one? Can't really seem to get the engine to cooperate with me and the angle/shadow in that pic isn't really doing me any favors.

e: Speaking of which, I have no drat idea how they can do this with Blast Off without outright disassembly:

Well, it IS outright disassembly, they popped off BlastOff's legs at the swivel if you look closely.

Sorry, my photo wasn't clear on Blast Off's arm mode. The engine halves actually aren't together (sadly they can't be joined and kept on the upper arm). I have them at an angle with his guns used to fill some space. Hope it's a bit clearer here:

You can do other things like using the guns themselves to link both engine halves. BlastOff's legs peg together to form the lower arm and fist, but in this configuration be sure to only peg the fist halves and not try to force the rest of the legs, to avoid stressing BlastOff's hips. There will be a very small gap but it doesn't bother me. This makes for a beefy arm but to me it looks way better than BlastOff's horrible official arm mode.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Man... loving Blast Off. I knew there was a reason I skipped this wave the first time around* :eng99:
*Besides the whole SDCC thing.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Has anyone been able to find a Legion Class Rippersnapper in stores? I found 4 of the five today except for him, and people seem to have gone insane with the re-sale prices. There's currently one on Amazon for 42 dollars and 2 on ebay for almost 30 bucks shipped.

Is Rippersnapper really that rare? If anyone can help me out I will gladly pay full cost plus shipping plus a few extra dollars for your trouble.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Arsenal_12 posted:

Has anyone been able to find a Legion Class Rippersnapper in stores? I found 4 of the five today except for him, and people seem to have gone insane with the re-sale prices. There's currently one on Amazon for 42 dollars and 2 on ebay for almost 30 bucks shipped.

Is Rippersnapper really that rare? If anyone can help me out I will gladly pay full cost plus shipping plus a few extra dollars for your trouble.

He and Cutthroat are both one per case in current shipments. Why Rippersnapper in particular is more in demand, I don't know. I think he'll become less scarce as the collectors and scalpers grab their initial armfuls. None of the Cyberverse Terrorcons have been particularly hard to find after a few weeks.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
G2 Sideswipe and Soundblaster just went up for preorder on the Japanese sites. AmiAmi is showing sold out atm but 1999 has them up for now
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10241983
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10241837
TT's Waspinator and Rhinox are up too if you're interested

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I just got the clear Abominus 5-pack so I didn't have to go through that hassle. He looks neat in clear, anyway.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I just got the clear Abominus 5-pack so I didn't have to go through that hassle. He looks neat in clear, anyway.

I woould have done that but there are no Target stores in my state; so I'm stuck hunting them individually.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Arsenal_12 posted:

I woould have done that but there are no Target stores in my state; so I'm stuck hunting them individually.

If you want, I could probably pick one up for you.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Arsenal_12 posted:

Sucks, but the regular versions look far, far better than the clear. I only just saw Cutthroat and Blot for the first time on Sunday, so I don't think you've missed them or anything. They're just slow getting to some places.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

All the IDW-wave deluxes are up on Hasbro Toy Shop now by the way. For some reason wave 1 doesn't show up unless you search by name, but they're all there and in stock. Just remember to search for Trailcutter and not Trailbreaker.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

If you want, I could probably pick one up for you.

Thank you for the offer, but no. I already have 4 out of 5, I'll just keep looking, and I don't like how the clear ones look anyway.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I love this face sculpt

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

I love this face sculpt

It's G2 in a nutshell!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

You need to show more than just his face. But also his big, big guns. And stickers. And wheel spikes. He is the 90s personified. He's Rob Liefeld: The Transformer. (Be sure to never photograph him with his feet in frame.)

I may have to get him.

(And I'll probably have to get an orginal G2 Sideswipe now, too.)

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Joe Fisto posted:

I love this face sculpt

I am buying the poo poo out of this and I will regret nothing

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I'm not a G2 fan by any means, but they should really use that Autobot logo more often.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
The G2 Autobot and Decepticon logos are two of the few things I look back upon from that series and like in a non-ironic way.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I give absolutely 0 fucks about anything to do with G2 but the sheer 90s-ness of DAT FUCKIN' SIDESWIPE is so awful it swings all the way around to brilliant and it's taking all my restraint not to order the bloody thing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
When I see that G2 Sideswipe, I want to start shouting in Furmanese.

Furmanese is kinda like Engrish.

I still like G2 Sideswipe.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
So back in the earliest days of G1, Marvel had this origin for the Transformers:

"Naturally occurring gears and levers." Riiiight. :cosby: This is why so many Cybertronians believe in intelligent design. Well, that and because they've met their designer. Their home planet transformed into him once.

Except it's not so ludicrous. Naturally occurring levers are everywhere in the animal kingdom. You walk around on a set of them. (If you're in a wheelchair, someone you know walks around on a set of levers.) But gears? That's totally crazy.

Except now we know about a bug that uses them!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

He was also found repeating the last word in his sentence twice. gently caress.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Huh. For whatever reason I didn't know Hoist was just a Trailcutter remold/paint.

I like Trailcutter better so far. I can't get Hoist's crane to sit properly in alt- mode and I think my version if it was constructed incorrectly.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

Huh. For whatever reason I didn't know Hoist was just a Trailcutter remold/paint.

I like Trailcutter better so far. I can't get Hoist's crane to sit properly in alt- mode and I think my version if it was constructed incorrectly.

This seems to be a common issue with the crane, I guess its been reverse assembled in the factory. Buddy of mine said he popped the pin out and flipped it over and put it back in, and it works fine.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hoist's gun fits in the hole behind the cab, not in the trailer bed. It took me a while to figure that out.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just got Generations Roller and he is by far the best Legends figure guy thus far. The cassette Bots and the others have all been pretty well done, but roller has the best weapon mode. :colbert:

I just hope they do more legends guys after Sharpshot and Tailgate. Barring that they should give the target master guys to the larger figures since they're the same size as a voyager weapon. Voyager Sandstorm painted red and given a little targetmaster guy could easily pass for all three modes of G1 Skyhammer. Grey VTOL Plane, Red Dune Buggy, and the targetmaster guy becomes the little car guy. He would be a much better Generations pretender figure than Skullgrin.

Also where are people getting Platinum figures in store? I've yet to see any in America.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 13, 2013

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

WendigoJohnson posted:

Also where are people gettng Platinum figures in store? I've yet to see any in America.
TRU in Cary, NC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Got Generations Stealth Jet Megatron at TRU the other day, who had waves I knew nothing about. Pleasing to look at in both modes except for the fusion cannon just being a way to use extra kibble.

And UK collectors may be interested to know that Tesco seem to have marked a lot of their Beast Hunters stuff down half price, if anyone is into that.

Where was the triple changer voyager waves in relation to that Megatron wave? Just in case they actually come out here.