Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I just got a click frenzy during the x7 frenzy and it was like the heavens opened up with an angelic chorus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

All the numbers I've seen show flat % chances of what the golden/red cookie outcomes are, but there is also the update note that states there is only a 20% chance of getting the same result as the last cookie.

Has anybody figured out how exactly that works, since the base % chances would only work as listed for the first golden cookie or when going between red/golden with outcomes exclusive to one of those types?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Reverend Dr posted:

All the numbers I've seen show flat % chances of what the golden/red cookie outcomes are, but there is also the update note that states there is only a 20% chance of getting the same result as the last cookie.

Has anybody figured out how exactly that works, since the base % chances would only work as listed for the first golden cookie or when going between red/golden with outcomes exclusive to one of those types?

It means if you got a Lucky golden cookie (+10%) you have an 80% chance of getting a Frenzy golden cookie (x7) next.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!
That heavenly chip formular does not make any sense to me. Here's my current statistics, after I sold all my buildings:

General
Cookies in bank :
Cookies baked (all time) :

That's a total cookies of about 466 trillion. If I reset new apparently that gives my 19 HC. But shouldn't I get more than 20?: http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Heavenly_Chips

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
It's based on cookies baked all time, it doesn't matter how much you have in the bank

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I reset after getting every achievement and only got 7, I have no idea why, but obviously getting 100 Time Machines requires more cookies than would give 7 heavenly chips.

That's ok though, I like cookies and chips together so the early game was pretty quick.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Onkel Hedwig posted:

That heavenly chip formular does not make any sense to me. Here's my current statistics, after I sold all my buildings:

General
Cookies in bank :
Cookies baked (all time) :

That's a total cookies of about 466 trillion. If I reset new apparently that gives my 19 HC. But shouldn't I get more than 20?: http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Heavenly_Chips

Why would it add your current bank to all-time cookies? They don't count twice.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

kazil posted:

It means if you got a Lucky golden cookie (+10%) you have an 80% chance of getting a Frenzy golden cookie (x7) next.

I am very aware of this interaction, but that is absolutely not at all what I asked.

The listed % are (rounded for simplicity) 49/49/1.6/.3 for Frenzy/Lucky/CF/Chain. How does it affect the actual % of the next for all of the possibilities?

-Is there a single 20% check for "last cookie" and then a following roll at 20% and then if it fails a roll at proportionally increased % (96.26/3.14/.58)?

-Does it throw out or distribute "same result" values that are not within a 20% threshold? 20(same)/39(reroll)/49/1.6/.3 [would make same chance actually higher than 20% for frenzy/lucky with no effect on CF/chain], 20(same)/73.01/2.384/.447?

Its a math question, not a "do you understand the concept of percentages?" question and there are other results besides lucky and golden.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Reverend Dr posted:

I am very aware of this interaction, but that is absolutely not at all what I asked.

The listed % are (rounded for simplicity) 49/49/1.6/.3 for Frenzy/Lucky/CF/Chain. How does it affect the actual % of the next for all of the possibilities?

-Is there a single 20% check for "last cookie" and then a following roll at 20% and then if it fails a roll at proportionally increased % (96.26/3.14/.58)?

-Does it throw out or distribute "same result" values that are not within a 20% threshold? 20(same)/39(reroll)/49/1.6/.3 [would make same chance actually higher than 20% for frenzy/lucky with no effect on CF/chain], 20(same)/73.01/2.384/.447?

Its a math question, not a "do you understand the concept of percentages?" question and there are other results besides lucky and golden.

Maybe you are just overthinking it. It's cookie clicker, just click the cookies and chill out.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Do you guys think it's worth resetting to get heavenly chips before the next update comes through? The wiki (and future updates list) mention that a revamp of the prestige system is coming soon. If it's relevant, I should top out over 1 quadrillion total after buying / selling.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Chakan posted:

I reset after getting every achievement and only got 7, I have no idea why, but obviously getting 100 Time Machines requires more cookies than would give 7 heavenly chips.

That's ok though, I like cookies and chips together so the early game was pretty quick.

If you already had chips, you get less chips after a reset. You would gave gotten around 36-37 chips if you reset after every achievement if you didn't already have chips.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Do you guys think it's worth resetting to get heavenly chips before the next update comes through? The wiki (and future updates list) mention that a revamp of the prestige system is coming soon. If it's relevant, I should top out over 1 quadrillion total after buying / selling.

Selling does NOT increase you total cookie count.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 13, 2013

deptstoremook
Jan 12, 2004
my mom got scared and said "you're moving with your Aunt and Uncle in Bel-Air!"

kazil posted:

Maybe you are just overthinking it. It's cookie clicker, just click the cookies and chill out.

Look at this loving casual. Come back when you're deep in the endgame content and you'll see that this game really only "starts" when you have to min/max cookie income, amortization, and opportunity cost versus the value of increased prestige levels. Yeah, you can say, "I just want to click the cookie," but then you're gonna be the guy stuck doing shipments and factories while the rest of us are working on 200 time machines and hitting 10 billion CPS base.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Reverend Dr posted:

Here's the relevant portion of the code that explains what you want.

code:
Game.goldenCookie.choose=function()
		{
			var list=[];
			if (Game.goldenCookie.wrath>0) list.push('clot','multiply cookies','ruin cookies');
			else list.push('frenzy','multiply cookies');
			if (Game.goldenCookie.wrath>0 && Math.random()<0.3) list.push('blood frenzy','chain cookie');
			else if (Math.random()<0.01 && Game.cookiesEarned>=100000) list.push('chain cookie');
			if (Math.random()<0.05) list.push('click frenzy');
			if (Game.goldenCookie.last!='' && Math.random()<0.8 && list.indexOf(Game.goldenCookie.last)!=-1) list.splice(list.indexOf(Game.goldenCookie.last),1);//80% chance to force a different one
			var choice=choose(list);
			return choice;
		}

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

SlayVus posted:

Well, I just went from ~750 trillion to ~1.3 quadrillion through selling / buying / selling, and reset, gaining 36 heavenly chips. So, yes, it does.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

SlayVus posted:

Yeah it does. I went from about 32 quadrillion to 70 quadrillion by buying and selling my stuff before a reset. I did it last night while tired so those numbers might be off a bit.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

SlayVus posted:

If you already had chips, you get less chips after a reset. You would gave gotten around 36-37 chips if you reset after every achievement if you didn't already have chips.

No dice, I reset for the first time with every upgrade and achievement and only got 7 chips. :iiam:

It's cool though, it didn't take too long to get back to where I was, enjoying the new biscuits.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Wrist Watch posted:

Here's the relevant portion of the code that explains what you want.

code:
Game.goldenCookie.choose=function()
		{
			var list=[];
			if (Game.goldenCookie.wrath>0) list.push('clot','multiply cookies','ruin cookies');
			else list.push('frenzy','multiply cookies');
			if (Game.goldenCookie.wrath>0 && Math.random()<0.3) list.push('blood frenzy','chain cookie');
			else if (Math.random()<0.01 && Game.cookiesEarned>=100000) list.push('chain cookie');
			if (Math.random()<0.05) list.push('click frenzy');
			if (Game.goldenCookie.last!='' && Math.random()<0.8 && list.indexOf(Game.goldenCookie.last)!=-1)
 list.splice(list.indexOf(Game.goldenCookie.last),1);//80% chance to force a different one
			var choice=choose(list);
			return choice;
		}

Thank you for this. I'm not the best with code, but it looks like its populate a list, 80% chance of removing "last cookie" from the list, then selecting from the list. Though I'm not certain what the first and third parts of the 80% if command are doing in terms of constrainment. Nevermind the first is for the first golden cookie of the game and the third is in case "last cookie" isn't on the current list.

EDIT: I totally figured that out before I refreshed.

With some sort of hasty math it looks like if the last cookie was a Frenzy, then the next cookie chances are:
Frenzy - 9.800834%
Lucky - 86.676394%
Chain - .58221%
CF - 2.940556%

If anybody has been (somehow)logging how many of each type of cookie they have clicked, I'd be curious to see how that plays out. After looking at this, I'm fairly certain that the % chance on the wiki for stuff like Clicking Frenzy/Chain are effectively a good bit lower than what you will see in actual play as the % on the wiki are based upon there not being a last cookie.

Reverend Dr fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 13, 2013

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Reverend Dr posted:

Thank you for this. I'm not the best with code, but it looks like its populate a list, 80% chance of removing "last cookie" from the list, then selecting from the list. Though I'm not certain what the first and third parts of the 80% if command are doing in terms of constrainment.

The first part is making sure that there is a "last cookie", while the last part is checking if the "last cookie" is part of the list.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
It really is incredible how much the Heavenly Chips change the game up. The early ramp-up is just an absolute breeze, and it extends the period where buildings pay themselves off quickly. Really, the biggest issue is the time gates on the grandmapocalypse.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

Reverend Dr posted:

Thank you for this. I'm not the best with code, but it looks like its populate a list, 80% chance of removing "last cookie" from the list, then selecting from the list. Though I'm not certain what the first and third parts of the 80% if command are doing in terms of constrainment.

With some sort of hasty math it looks like if the last cookie was a Frenzy, then the next cookie chances are:
Frenzy - 9.800834%
Lucky - 86.676394%
Chain - .58221%
CF - 2.940556%

If anybody has been (somehow)logging how many of each type of cookie they have clicked, I'd be curious to see how that plays out. After looking at this, I'm fairly certain that the % chance on the wiki for stuff like Clicking Frenzy/Chain are effectively a good bit lower than what you will see in actual play as the % on the wiki are based upon there not being a last cookie.

I have been logging all of my cookies into my cookie ledger but unfortunately I spilled coffee all over it, sorry.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Svartvit posted:

I have been logging all of my cookies into my cookie ledger but unfortunately I spilled coffee all over it, sorry.

Or I dunno, since we've been talking about javascript and all, maybe someone took 3 minutes to put in code to count it for them?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

The Lord of Hats posted:

It really is incredible how much the Heavenly Chips change the game up. The early ramp-up is just an absolute breeze, and it extends the period where buildings pay themselves off quickly. Really, the biggest issue is the time gates on the grandmapocalypse.

How many chips do you have? I'm at around 30something but I can't reset now with one achievement still left. :negative:

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/dungeongenerator/

Aww yeah, so close I can taste it!! :black101:

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

I made this, isn't it offensive?
Goddamn, I hate Jews. All hiding in the moutains in Pakistan and shit.
How many cookies should I be keeping in my reserve for ideal Golden Cookie bonuses? I have all golden cookie upgrades up to 66 trillion. If it matters, I'm currently taking in 574,000,000 CPS.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Ganeen posted:

How many cookies should I be keeping in my reserve for ideal Golden Cookie bonuses? I have all golden cookie upgrades up to 66 trillion. If it matters, I'm currently taking in 574,000,000 CPS.

To explain it rather plainly, it works like this...

1. Take your CPS and multiply that by 60, this gives your Cookies Per Minute (CPM.)
2. Take your CPM and multiply that by 20, that gives the maximum cookies per Lucky Golden Cookie.
3. Take that number and multiply it by 10, this is the number of cookies you should always have in your bank.

4. If you have the "Get Lucky" upgrade you want to have more on-hand.
4a. To determine the number of cookies you want to hold for a "7xLucky," change your CPS in step 1 to 7x your CPs.

In a formula, it looks like this:

CPS*60*20*10 or CPS*12,000
So for 574M CPS you should hold 6.888 Trillion

If you've got "Get Lucky" it looks like this:

CPS*7*60*20*10 or CPS*84,000

All this math is making me hungry for some cookies and lemonade, I hope lemonade becomes a system at some point.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I already have 64 heavenly chips from a prior reset and am ready to reset again. My new chips will be added on top of the 64 right?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So can I, and it tastes... Like cookies.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I already have 64 heavenly chips from a prior reset and am ready to reset again. My new chips will be added on top of the 64 right?

Yes.

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

I made this, isn't it offensive?
Goddamn, I hate Jews. All hiding in the moutains in Pakistan and shit.

Chakan posted:

To explain it rather plainly, it works like this...

1. Take your CPS and multiply that by 60, this gives your Cookies Per Minute (CPM.)
2. Take your CPM and multiply that by 20, that gives the maximum cookies per Lucky Golden Cookie.
3. Take that number and multiply it by 10, this is the number of cookies you should always have in your bank.

4. If you have the "Get Lucky" upgrade you want to have more on-hand.
4a. To determine the number of cookies you want to hold for a "7xLucky," change your CPS in step 1 to 7x your CPs.

In a formula, it looks like this:

CPS*60*20*10 or CPS*12,000
So for 574M CPS you should hold 6.888 Trillion

If you've got "Get Lucky" it looks like this:

CPS*7*60*20*10 or CPS*84,000

All this math is making me hungry for some cookies and lemonade, I hope lemonade becomes a system at some point.

So what you're saying is I shouldn't have just dropped 40 trillion on cursors and got down to 5 tril? gently caress.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
I highly recommend Cookie Monster, it has timers for next golden/red cookie, how long the cookie buffs last, time till you can buy an upgrade, and on the stats page shows cookies needed to max a lucky and/or a lucky/frenzy. It's a good tool for those just starting to get into being a cookie sperg and haven't set up their own excel spreadsheet.

http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Cookie_Monster_%28JavaScript_Add-on%29

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah, it's a really good addon. I recommend it!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
OK, so ending the grandmapocalypse buy selling all grannies basically negates it without the -5% CPS?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Khanstant posted:

OK, so ending the grandmapocalypse buy selling all grannies basically negates it without the -5% CPS?

If you sell all of your fully-upgraded grannies you're going to lose a lot more than 5% of your CPS

Neither of them are actually good solutions because either you're clicking golden cookies in which case you should buy the elder pledge or you're not in which case you should just let the Grandmapocalypse go because it doesn't actually do anything.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
So re-buying grannies either brings the apocalypse back or they just aren't as strong? I only have 50, this is my second play-through, they're only making me 3 mil cps right now.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Fully upgraded, a Grandma will be doing about 100,000 CPS before multipliers, which is more than a fully upgraded Portal. They're also super cheap.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

Khanstant posted:

So re-buying grannies either brings the apocalypse back or they just aren't as strong? I only have 50, this is my second play-through, they're only making me 3 mil cps right now.

I have 193 Grandmas and 120 portals and they make 23 mil cps for me. They scale really well compared to everything else.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

50 grandmas probably isn't enough; they gain base CpS for every 50 grandmas and 20 portals, which makes a difference after all the other modifiers.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

If I sell and rebuy all my stuff over and over again to increase my final amount of chips before resetting, do I miss out on the shadow achievements for resetting with X amount of cookies?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

AnonSpore posted:

If I sell and rebuy all my stuff over and over again to increase my final amount of chips before resetting, do I miss out on the shadow achievements for resetting with X amount of cookies?

Yes, you have to have the cookies on hand.

You don't need to sell everything, the bulk of your cookies are invested in the last 10 or so of each building. I'd just rapidly buy and sell one or two time machines instead of selling everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
Can somebody post the script that makes the numbers easier to parse?

• Locked thread