Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

just a butt posted:

The Calvinball of shonen

Kumabukuro, end this manga with Midora and Joa giving a rousing rendition of the Very Sorry Song and I will love you forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Silento posted:

I don't even know what to say. This is an entirely new dimension of insane power levels. Ichiryuu can stop your lungs and brain from working simply by looking at you. :wtc:

I love it. He takes advantage of the whole "make everything not behave as expected" ability by deliberately punching himself in the chest, so his act of trying to kill himself is now powering him up instead. It makes perfect sense. Sort of.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

I love it. He takes advantage of the whole "make everything not behave as expected" ability by deliberately punching himself in the chest, so his act of trying to kill himself is now powering him up instead. It makes perfect sense. Sort of.

I thought he punched through his chest and grabbed his heart. Thus using his own hand to pump blood correctly and regain some control.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Deliciouscesium posted:

I thought he punched through his chest and grabbed his heart. Thus using his own hand to pump blood correctly and regain some control.

This is what I believed as well, however how would that explain his lungs and brain functioning?

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

:wtc: This loving manga. Never stop, Toriko. Never stop.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess this is where appetite fighting had to go. No pretenses, just dudes straight out trying to kill and eat each other.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
I'm actually hoping they cut out of the second half of the fight and save it as a flash back for later. I do not want to see all the moves of the presumably final boss when we are just at the half way mark.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Over 500 years ago haha. Subtly throwing in the huge superfluous numbers in even in this fight.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I dunno, Midora might not actually be the final boss. Ichiryuu's comment about the small amount of good left in him seems like foreshadowing to me. Meanwhile Joa has no such good implied.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

Liar posted:

This is what I believed as well, however how would that explain his lungs and brain functioning?

I honestly have no idea besides :nyan: Toriko logic :nyan:.

It makes Midora look like a more determined villain if he really did grab his own heart and manually pumped it to revive himself and I can't object to that :colbert:.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The idea is that Midora's minority atoms were killing him since he was fighting for his life. But if he tries to kill himself, then the fighting for his life atoms become the minority and take over.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Batmasterson posted:

Over 500 years ago haha. Subtly throwing in the huge superfluous numbers in even in this fight.

No that's been the huge deal all throughout, Setsuno, Drunk guy, Igo President, and Midora are all 500 years old and knew Acacia

Kenshi
Sep 29, 2004

Liar posted:

At this point it seems like whoever says the most random loving thing wins.

These also have to be random "Nouns" or "Adverbs" that get "Capitalized".

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Kenshi posted:

These also have to be random "Nouns" or "Adverbs" that get "Capitalized".

The「punctuation marks」 also matter.

The problem with Toriko at the moment (and all shounen I guess) is that the necessary expansion of the cast means that we depart more and more from the weird body/gross out powers and eating ridiculous food and more toward random and ultimately more generic power sets. Where previously Midora's hyper tongue reveal might have been accompanied by a detailed anatomical diagram of how he has billions of taste buds now it's just another big weapon that hits fast (seriously, what the difference between machine gun tongue and Toriko's rapid nail punch thing?) I just want to see burly monster men eating huge food.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Toriko's rapid nail punch hits in the same place multiple times, whereas Midora's machine gun tongue is a wide barrage of tongue pokes, like Toriko's assault of flying forks :pseudo:

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
The tongue eats things and Toriko's punches don't, yet. Why didn't you compare it to Sani's gourmet hair?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
If space is eating people now, I'm sure Toriko's punches will eventually. We're not out of "image" territory yet.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Well seeing as the presumed final boss is all about eating everything by himself without sharing, I propose that eventually Toriko will acquire the opposite power, the power to give up one's self, his punch will fill the stomach of his enemies so they are so full that they can't eat anymore, thus nullifying their gourmet cell powers.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

If space is eating people now, I'm sure Toriko's punches will eventually. We're not out of "image" territory yet.

You mean, we're not "out" of the "territory" of the "image" yet.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006
I'm waiting for it to go full Jojo and there'll be like multiple layers of powers that allow you to gather, prepare, and devour time.

Instead of Toriko conquering it with cunning, he will defeat the final boss by being really hungry, and having the strongest platonic appreciation for his chef-partner.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

MegaCharger posted:

Well seeing as the presumed final boss is all about eating everything by himself without sharing, I propose that eventually Toriko will acquire the opposite power, the power to give up one's self, his punch will fill the stomach of his enemies so they are so full that they can't eat anymore, thus nullifying their gourmet cell powers.

Toriko's most recent punch filled Staarjun's belly alright. Filled it full of fist.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

New Toriko

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/195449/toriko_ch250_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru

So I guess wherever Midora's tongue been it leaves some black hole like space that just eats whatever passes through it?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Holy poo poo Midora's origin is dark.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

So if Frohze-sama was the one who saved Midora as a child, I don't think Midora is going to appreciate Joa desecrating her corpse very much.

Meningism
Dec 31, 2008
Feeding babies to pigs is the first time I've actually said "what the gently caress?" out aloud at this manga.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Meningism posted:

Feeding babies to pigs is the first time I've actually said "what the gently caress?" out aloud at this manga.

What's worse is that people were planning to eat those pigs afterwords. That's borderline cannibalism.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well that's a bit different from the light-hearted mood of the manga. :stare:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Goddrat. Babies as feed? Yeah, the days of butt salt are long gone. Now we've gone full blown cannibalism with no turning back. :stonk:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
You can tell he's got a dark and twisted soul because he doesn't talk about how anything tastes, he's just about the eating. This man has no Food Honor.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Why are you guys acting like cannibalism is anything new to this manga?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Look, there's Cannibalism, and then there's A Modest Proposal by Proxy.

Midora's comment about consuming everything and not tasting it, never being satisfied is probably the most villainous thing you could say in the world of Toriko.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Sani straight up ate a dude.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

KoB posted:

A bug-ish sort-of-dude.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

KoB posted:

His hair ate the dude, he the dude was ok with it and planned to eat Sani regardless.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Comparing Sani/Tommyrod(:smith:) with Babies used as food for what is essentially 'livestock' is well... :shrug:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Comparing Sani/Tommyrod(:smith:) with Babies used as food for what is essentially 'livestock' is well... :shrug:

Im just talking about the cannibalism. Eating animals that eat people is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different that straight up eating people.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

This was dumb because humans aren't even that nutritious. There could have been way better alternatives, but the author chose that for shock value. This chapter was edgy for the sake of edginess.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Yeah, RIP Tommyrod.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Look, there's Cannibalism, and then there's A Modest Proposal by Proxy.

Midora's comment about consuming everything and not tasting it, never being satisfied is probably the most villainous thing you could say in the world of Toriko.

This is seriously the most disturbing thing about this guy. He just doesnt care about the food in any way we've ever seen

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
This is a world where salt comes in butt form, for all we know humans are the most nutritious thing in the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

This is a world where salt comes in butt form, for all we know humans are the most nutritious thing in the universe.

Its canon that theyre not very good though.

• Locked thread