Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Man, they really need to make action figures of everything from this show. Underbheit, HELPER, Plugface, Walking Eye, Phineas Phage... every single character is just so wonderfully unique, it would blow a lineup of GI Joes out of the water. And of course you would need all the vehicles, from the boys' hover bikes to the giant Sphinx ship. Will mom and dad splurge and get you the Spider-Skull Island or Gargantua Two playsets?

I would sit on my floor and shamelessly smash them together making my own sound effects like an 8-year-old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Ror posted:

Man, they really need to make action figures of everything from this show. Underbheit, HELPER, Plugface, Walking Eye, Phineas Phage... every single character is just so wonderfully unique, it would blow a lineup of GI Joes out of the water. And of course you would need all the vehicles, from the boys' hover bikes to the giant Sphinx ship. Will mom and dad splurge and get you the Spider-Skull Island or Gargantua Two playsets?

I would sit on my floor and shamelessly smash them together making my own sound effects like an 8-year-old.

They have way more stuff now. I bought my Brock Action figure, which apparently they don't sell anymore (they sell a better version), awhile ago. I would love a Deaths Head Panoply, or a Killinger, or Shore Leave, or Jefferson... or any of them- drat it you're right.

That color changing pint glass is pretty sweet too.

Delaio fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 23, 2013

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Ror posted:

I want Steppenwolf and his Hhwhacky Racers car!

Ooh and an RC Mighty Monarch's® Flying Cocoon® with real acid magnet action!

Delaio posted:

They have way more stuff now. I bought my Brock Action figure, which apparently they don't sell anymore (they sell a better version), awhile ago. I would love a Deaths Head Panoply, or a Killinger, or Shore Leave, or Jefferson... or any of them- drat it you're right.

That color changing pint glass is pretty sweet too.

gently caress you for linking that, now I have to spend all my money. I love you :glomp:

edit: spoke too soon, shipping for two bobble heads and a travel mug is $43, loving hell, no way

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Aug 23, 2013

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

gently caress you for linking that, now I have to spend all my money. I love you :glomp:

edit: spoke too soon, shipping for two bobble heads and a travel mug is $43, loving hell, no way

Aw man, that sucks. I felt like the shipping was a little stiff for me and it's only $7-10 no matter how many items I pick.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Is it so much to ask for an X1 toy? Or a HELPeR.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Well, the cardboard backing for the first batch of Megu-style figures included an outline and instructions to build a papercraft HELPeR.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't like the Sphinx playset, the big head is way too creepy.

YOUR MOTHER IS CALLING, THE SPHINX HAS SPOKEN!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Is there a Daddy Warbucks of the Children of the Corn...or something...action figure?

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Hedrigall posted:

Don't buy the Alchemist one, it's just a repainted Spock.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Don't buy the Alchemist one, it's just a repainted Spock.

It would be completely awesome if they released a line of toys that were cast from the molds of other series but repainted to look like Venture Brothers.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The thing I like most about Monstroso's claims about the Sovereign is the idea that the Sovereign decided to be Bowie and everybody knows it, but what are you going to do, call him on it?

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pope Guilty posted:

The thing I like most about Monstroso's claims about the Sovereign is the idea that the Sovereign decided to be Bowie and everybody knows it, but what are you going to do, call him on it?

I like to think everyone willingly plays along with it because the idea of him heading your villain organization is super-cool and a bait for potential newcomers. "Yeah, you can join those dorks at The Peril Partnership or you can get direct orders from David Bowie. Oh , sorry, did I mention that? It was supposed to be a secret. :smug:"

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

fspades posted:

I like to think everyone willingly plays along with it because the idea of him heading your villain organization is super-cool and a bait for potential newcomers. "Yeah, you can join those dorks at The Peril Partnership or you can get direct orders from David Bowie. Oh , sorry, did I mention that? It was supposed to be a secret. :smug:"

The voices of Watch and/or Ward have the perfect delivery for this, and I'm glad they're the voices that automatically narrate anything I read about the Guild. They're basically the professor Farnsworth voices of the Guild.

"...unless the death thing happens, then your next of kin get a very nice card and a jug of blood."

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
"Whooooa, I think the less hurtful term is protagonists."
"Just let me get my red phone, the hotline. Oh, I'll shine the OSI signal! No no, if we really believe and click our heels..."

They are great.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Speaking of, is it me or does everybody who works for the Guild (Strangers, Blackouts, Watch & Ward) have that same dead, grey skin?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Pope Guilty posted:

Speaking of, is it me or does everybody who works for the Guild (Strangers, Blackouts, Watch & Ward) have that same dead, grey skin?

Well they're evil so

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jeffrey posted:

"Whooooa, I think the less hurtful term is protagonists."
"Just let me get my red phone, the hotline. Oh, I'll shine the OSI signal! No no, if we really believe and click our heels..."

They are great.

I've been playing through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for the first time and I can't help but read everything the X-Naut underlings say in that voice.

Their dialogue and their role in the plot, it fits perfectly.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I've been playing through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for the first time and I can't help but read everything the X-Naut underlings say in that voice.

Their dialogue and their role in the plot, it fits perfectly.

Thousand Year Door is an absolute gem of the game. It plays with enough tropes to definitely remind you of Venture Bros (through the lens of Nintendo family friendliness, of course).

Would Lord Crump be the Monarch, then?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

morcant posted:

Would Lord Crump be the Monarch, then?

Crump is a picture of a log, Nessy is a toy submarine with a head made of plastic wood, Yoshi, is a Plesiosauria. A loving Plesiosauria!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yaz shows up on my ipod a couple times due to being on those electronic 80s collections from Ministry of Sound, and everytime I skip over one I think "How many Yaz albums do you have on this thing!".

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Got my first two shirts this morning, unfortunately it was my two least favourites: Spanakopita and Destiny, along with a note saying they were out of stock of another one and three Hankbucks.
They fixed the labelling issue as well so i didn't have to pay 35 euro in customs fees for the package, in case any other non-US folk were having that issue.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Yaz shows up on my ipod a couple times due to being on those electronic 80s collections from Ministry of Sound, and everytime I skip over one I think "How many Yaz albums do you have on this thing!".

The joke I never noticed with that one is that there are only two Yaz albums.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Man, I could watch this gif all day.

On a side note I get to watch a bunch of venture bros tonight with someone who just started last night. I love watching this show with people who've never seen it before.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Delaio posted:

I know, right?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I thought they were talking about Yes albums in a funny voice...

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I got my towel today. It is a giant Hank Buck that is also a towel.

Too bad swimming season is over or else I'd rock it out.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Delaio posted:

On a side note I get to watch a bunch of venture bros tonight with someone who just started last night. I love watching this show with people who've never seen it before.

He really puts his body into that throw.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jeffrey posted:

I thought they were talking about Yes albums in a funny voice...
Nope, Yes only came up with the fake song in the prog rock episode.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
So this show has officially ruined my ability to read/hear the word "spanikopita".

I have a shameful urge to yell it in this Greek restaurant right now.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ultramiraculous posted:

So this show has officially ruined my ability to read/hear the word "spanikopita".

There's a place called Mina and Dimi's in San Antonio where you could do this without anyone batting an eye.
They also encourage you to drop your plate on the floor after you finish a meal, per Greek tradition.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Hideo Kojima tweeted this photo of some people he was working with right outside the recording studio:

Tweet

That guy in the middle is totally wearing a Calamity Conference t-shirt. Regardless of what role this guy has in it, I now have utter faith in MGS5... like I wasn't going to buy the hell out of it anyway.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I found the 3.75" figures at Twist & Shout Records in Denver last night. Like the Megos, I was hoping that I'd somehow find them more attractive in hand but alas I did not. Everybody (Dean, Hank, Brock, Dr. Mrs. The Monarch, Phantom Limb) looked decent (not great) except Doc who was awful due to the glasses. There had to be a better way to do them even at that scale.

At $14 a figure, an acceptable Doc might have helped me overlook the odd articulation and somewhat iffy paint jobs (Brock loses a lot when he's cross-eyed).

Alas.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ultramiraculous posted:

I bought a bunch of frozen spanikopita(s?) at CostCo last week, and I'm in the exact same boat. Also, if nobody's ever had the stuff, it's pretty good.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

It's spinach, filo dough, and fluffy eggs. What's not to love?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

As someone who made (bad)jokes about spanakopita beforehand, that episode was pretty surreal.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

MariusLecter posted:

There's a place called Mina and Dimi's in San Antonio where you could do this without anyone batting an eye.
They also encourage you to drop your plate on the floor after you finish a meal, per Greek tradition.

Now I know where to go next time I'm on that side of town! I usually just go to Zorba's on NW Military, wonder if I could get them to make me some so I could shout...

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

It's spinach, filo dough, and fluffy eggs. What's not to love?

Don't forget butter, looooooooots of butter.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Is there no cheese in it?

The first time I encountered spanakopita was on an orchestra trip when the guest family's mom made a giant casserole pan of it. It seemed like it was just a huge batch of cheese brownies, with a bit of spinach and a little bit of flaky crust. It was tasty as hell but I couldn't eat more than a few bites before I felt full, and she was all crestfallen that I apparently didn't like it. :smith:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Is there no cheese in it?

Yeah, buttloads of feta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yeah, buttloads of feta.

This is absolutely perfect with your avatar.