Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Millow posted:

What, you expect him to loving wear them or something?

I probably would have sold them on eBay.

I bought some new shoes for work, and some from home. The Bostonians were on Amazon for $50 each and 20% off if you signup for Amazon's shoe mailing list. Pretty good deal.

GTAV will be here on Tuesday :D

edit: I work in an office, business casual. I'm sure the guys in YLLS would be disappointed with the square toes.

Pivit has a new favorite as of 17:28 on Sep 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pivit posted:

I bought some new shoes for work, and some from home. The Bostonians were on Amazon for $50 each and 20% off if you signup for Amazon's shoe mailing list. Pretty good deal.

What kind of work do you do?

Freschetta was BOGO at Publix. I always get supreme but they only had pepperoni and cheese.

This is apparently their idea of a pepperoni pizza:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Ryan Gosling would be ashamed.

For content, I bought a couple of sweaters on clearance from H&M for like $10 each.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Speaking of shoes:

Can't find them locally anymore without a special order. Much cheaper and faster to order online. Apparently, I'm now in the minority of people who don't want shoes that look like they belong on the set of Star Trek.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lots of bad shoes on this page.

Good stuff from coffee and pie though imo.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Vintage(ya know, old) fringe leather jacket that is a bit scuffed and scraped but should clean up.

And this terrible painting of Princess Diana

Check the detail on the "jewelry".

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

widefault posted:

Vintage(ya know, old) fringe leather jacket that is a bit scuffed and scraped but should clean up.

And this terrible painting of Princess Diana

Check the detail on the "jewelry".

Sweet jesus both of these things are amazing.

My sister sent me another old camera to add to my shelf of old cameras. All I had to do was pay shipping:

woot fatigue has a new favorite as of 19:42 on Sep 14, 2013

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
So I can hook an NES up to a monitor:

Because it's a boss looking box cutter:

For running because my phone is too heavy for Spotify and I hate iTunes:

To connect to my Intel NUC, iPad, and iPhone:

Snes9x EX is amazing for iOS!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
A 2-flat maisonette in the heart of Bristol :)

carnivaljunkie
Apr 7, 2006

What's it like in funny little brains? It must be so boring.
So today the boyfriend and I ran to Staples for some pens. We started perusing the clearance bins and found two pairs of Audio Technica ATH-CKS55 noise-cancelling headphones without any price tags on them. We grabbed them and took them to the register to see how much they were, expecting that they would be at least $30, since these headphones typically go for $70-$100.

They were $5. So we bought both, and now we each have a pair of awesome earphones and didn't spend more than $12. :aaa:

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:

Raikiri posted:

Bought a controller for Dark Souls.

I got one of these recently to, but for BeamNG Drive. Seems fine, and a bit cheaper than the Official controller that is prone to the same faults these can be.

Chroisman
Mar 27, 2010
Got some Merrell Mix Master Tuff trail runners. They feel way better than my old runners. I don't know if these are actually super amazing or not, but they're light, and I actually got sized properly this time so no more blisters for me!

Also got a Cocoon Expedition sleeping bag liner (100% ripstop silk, they say) to hopefully add a couple of degrees to my down bag for when it gets really cold, but above all else to keep my down bag clean. The little red thing in the picture below is actually the stuff sack the liner comes in, which is sewn onto the liner itself. You're meant to be able to store a torch or mobile phone or something in it as a bit of a security pouch type thing. The whole thing only weighs a bit more than 100 g and folds up smaller than your hand as well, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Getting quite a bit of money back from my tax return this year, so I'm just completely revamping my hiking/backpacking gear so I'll have gear that will make packing and actual hiking much easier.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I got a box of army meal kits. Add cold water and like magic you get a hot and hearty dinner.

Gonna use them on adventures.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I was in ROTC in high school and we took a week-long trip to a military base during spring break. I'm confident that eating those MREs made me constipated.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

They're called Meals Refusing to Exit or Meals Ready to Exit for a reason. Either ends of the spectrum, and nothing in between.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ChocNitty posted:

you get a hot and hearty dinner.

Yet not a good one.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I was in ROTC in high school and we took a week-long trip to a military base during spring break. I'm confident that eating those MREs made me constipated.

That's what they're designed to do, at least British ones anyway.

Also called Meals Rejected by Ethiopians.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What is the fascination non military people have with eating that poo poo?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zVxTeflon posted:

What is the fascination non military people have with eating that poo poo?
Some of them are actually pretty tasty :shobon:

At least, we got them after Hurricane Katrina and some of them were tasty back then, like the chili mac one. Not sure if they still use those same meals now that it's 8 years later.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Some of them are actually pretty tasty :shobon:

At least, we got them after Hurricane Katrina and some of them were tasty back then, like the chili mac one. Not sure if they still use those same meals now that it's 8 years later.

Sup Katrina victim :respek:

We too received a case of MREs and enjoyed some of the meals and treats - specifically the poppyseed muffin!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Pivit posted:

I probably would have sold them on eBay.

GTAV will be here on Tuesday :D

edit: I work in an office, business casual. I'm sure the guys in YLLS would be disappointed with the square toes.

Do you have a link to those shoes at the bottom? They look pretty great.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kloa posted:

Sup Katrina victim :respek:

We too received a case of MREs and enjoyed some of the meals and treats - specifically the poppyseed muffin!
If you put some Tony's on them like we did, that makes them taste wayyyy better :cool:

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Memento1979 posted:

Do you have a link to those shoes at the bottom? They look pretty great.

Skechers Heisman

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
MRE's are awesome prepackaged food for camping that will give you all the nutrients you need, as well as eliminating the need to dig a latrine to poop in.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Don't ever wear these unless it's snowing and you're walking to/from your car. And then change them when you arrive at your destination.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I ate a beef brisket kit for dinner tonight, just so i'd know what to expect...

The brisket was actually pretty good. Its similar to Dinty Moores beef stew. Tender and flavorful. But the portion was small.
The biscuit was bad though. Dry and not tasty at all.
Tootsie rolls and mint chicklets are as you'd expect.
The cheese and crackers are giant versions of the same Kraft cheese and crackers you had in your lunchbox as a kid.
The cookies are just like Keebler Sandies, except half as good.
The hot cocoa and powdered lemonade weren't sweet enough, but adding some sugar made them taste fine.

The kit does its job well. Giving you a shitload of calories you need, in an easy to prepare package, with decent tasting food.
The main issue is with how unhealthy the side items are.

Too early to say if its gonna give me diarrhea or constipation

App13
Dec 31, 2011

ChocNitty posted:

The hot cocoa and powdered lemonade weren't sweet enough, but adding some sugar made them taste fine.

Take the cocoa mix, add a bunch of sugar, powder coffee (if it came with any) and a bit of water. Mix well with spoon provided and enjoy.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Is any of that poo poo gluten free?

I'd never make it in the military :(

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's so weird seeing people spend money on things I refuse to even eat anymore.

Seriously you're crazy.

Tonight Stone broke out one keg of their 2011 Double Bastard, I bought three liters of it.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

LoanWolf posted:

Was looking for a shower clock, and came across the iShower. I tried it out for the first time this morning and it's just great. It syncs with up to 5 devices via bluetooth, the speaker is loud, the display bright. My iPad was up on the 2nd floor of the house and my shower in the basement and it worked great. Really easy setup, streams rdio or your music collection (and I'm sure plenty of other services), and really nice to be able to skip tracks and stuff.

Should have read the amazon reviews mate. Apparently it will survive for the 90 day warranty, but will fail soon thereafter.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Get a veggie omelet MRE and report back :barf:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Bartie posted:

This sounds like .

A bit, then again, the title is mostly tongue-in-cheek.
The author basically said

quote:

"Students are no less intelligent, no less ambitious but there are two big differences: Reading habits have slipped, along with general knowledge. You can quote me on this: You guys don’t know anything"
Whenever I think of "Digital Age" generation, I just think of this
I'm 29 by the way. :(

Motivated by another poster,

AWESOME Blu-Ray edition of the complete Braking Bad Series:

quote:

The Complete Series Collector's Set Includes:

Collectible replica money barrel
Over 55 hours of special features from all seasons
All new two-hour documentary
16 page booklet with letter from Vince Gilligan
Commemorative challenge coin designed by Vince Gilligan
Los Pollos Hermanos apron

EDIT: Tables

Redrum and Coke has a new favorite as of 12:05 on Sep 17, 2013

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

For $78, whereas Futureshop.ca tries to charge $244 for it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

For $7 from Best Buy, so that my PS3 controller doesn't feel flimsy and slippery while playing GTA V later tonight after I pick it up at midnight :v:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Ticket to:

and:

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
I bought them locally so I could try them on, but these are the most comfortable shoes I've ever bought. I'm doing a hell of a lot of walking these days so I figured I'd finally get the right tool for the job.

It's been years since I owned anything even partially made of proper leather so now I need to learn how to take care of them properly.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

The Wirecutter's new recommended pen from Jetpens!

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

Same for me.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Jackson King V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Ordered this miniature wargame starter set. The game is called Dropzone Commander, it's a 10mm sci fi game that's recently come out. The makers are a new company called Hawk Wargames.
The product page:

http://www.hawkwargames.com/products/2-player-starter-set

Contents:

I bought from a seller on eBay who had a good price and ridiculous shipping for such a box. I don't think I'll see another deal like that; shipping is a costly issue sometimes for me because I live in Israel, especially for big items.

• Locked thread