Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

Machinegunboyo posted:

i unorinically agree, give me a good 12 inch (dick haha) subway over some fancy dan gourmet poo poo ftw

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

i love to eat lots of food and i also love to eat fancy food

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

SuperHunBastard1690 posted:

We have some of them, not tescos because there isn't a tescos anywhere near to here, but the morrisons ones which were like 67p each.

But the problem is, how many do you take with you? If you're in a car taking ALL your bags isn't a problem, but as light & foldable as they are they still take space and weight from what you can carry back, and if you guesstimate your shop size wrong, you're now having to pay for the lovely bags, which you'll need 2x of, because while a single one is fine for carrying stuff 2' from the trolly to the car boot, they fall apart if you carry them any further than that, so everything heavier than bread, or even bread if it's 'pointy' enough to punch holes in the mylar-like material they use, which means 10p a bag for those double-bagged 'excess' shop, or you buy more 'bag for life's that are just going to be *more* wasteful over time.

Or are you assuming that poor people are 'time rich' enough to spend all their days ferrying food 1 bag at a time?

lol

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

NinjaSteve posted:

i love to eat lots of food and i also love to eat fancy food

yu liek to throw a few shrimps on the barbie m8 and not eat cucumber sangers cause its rabbit food without sausage

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Machinegunboyo posted:

yu liek to throw a few shrimps on the barbie m8 and not eat cucumber sangers cause its rabbit food without sausage

idk what this means except the shrimp thing and we dont even eat shrimp

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What kind of a thick oval office goes to a Michelin star restaurant and has 1 course lmao. I always come away full after 8 loving courses smh

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

What kind of a thick oval office goes to a Michelin star restaurant and has 1 course lmao. I always come away full after 8 loving courses smh

do yu think the poors are money rich or time rich for 8 courses at a michelin star? smh :mump:

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I bet he takes his GF and then gets lovely with her for ordering a starter AND a main meal.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

If they are going to cook 8 course you would have to stay for a week. SMGDH check your capability to function outside the internets privilege

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

its already so expensive for a main! why would i spend even more on other courses?! ugh, open your eyes sheeple

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
My parents are friends with a former Michelin star cook and he once invited us over for dinner and the food was ok imo but the wine was spectacular

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

NinjaSteve posted:

I was looking at a michelin restaurant near me to bring the gf. Seen the prices it wasn't so outrageous on what I was expecting.
Had a look at a video on the site showing dishes being made. One of the main courses is a measly duck leg with a strip of beef an inch high, wide and bout 5 inch long. I could eat that dinner in two mouthfuls and it made me wonder is the food really that tasty that you'd pay the price of a full plate on a tiny portion just cause its artistically arranged.

A friend of mine was actually brought to the place I was looking at a few months ago by a blind date. She told me after the meal she went to McDonalds because she was still hungry.

Is the only reason such restaurants exist to show off? I don't see why you would spend so much on so little when there's lots of nice restaurants that won't leave you hungry and poorer.

Lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Adulterous Hitler posted:

My parents are friends with a former Michelin star cook and he once invited us over for dinner and the food was ok imo but the wine was spectacular

Yeah this. The food is often pretty good but you go for the wine.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Maybe there are restaurants in between subway and Michelin starred places in terms of price and quality idk it's possible tho

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Pissflaps posted:

Maybe there are restaurants in between subway and Michelin starred places in terms of price and quality idk it's possible tho

no i dont think so

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

nandos?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

ive never been to a michelin star restaurant but im not sure we have any?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

idk they have a complicated queuing system

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

ill be honest ni@@asteve i think hes full of poo poo because the work programme have been super useful and nice to me so unless the one i go to is an anomaly i wouldnt be surprised to find out that he's either making it all up for D&D cred or isnt actually on the work programme at all
i guess it...worked for you

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Pissflaps posted:

idk flaps, there probably isn't any demand for this sort of thing.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

the sex ghost posted:

It takes me over eight hours to get my shopping home and I spent all my jobseekers on video games and wrestling ppvs so apparently paying 20p for a proper bag is an unthinkable extravagance, im literally too stupid to function in everyday society

incidentally im 350 pounds

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

last time i went to a restaurant it was a supposedly really good gastropub in the cotswolds and it was proper poo poo

i had a rare steak and they'd obviously shoved it in the deep fat fryer for a few seconds so it was greasy as gently caress

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Timbers Jim posted:

incidentally im 350 pounds

Has anyone ever thrown a jar of piss on you at a concert?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

im not sure i understand the term gastropub

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

NinjaSteve posted:

im not sure i understand the term gastropub

a pub that charges too much for food

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'm gonna go to the hand and flowers next month I think ftw

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Extra Smooth Balls posted:

a pub that charges too much for food

theres loads of those here but we dont call them gastropubs theyre just nicer pubs

maybe its because no-one wants to eat somewhere called gastro

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

leg sleevies

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

SuperHunBastard1690 posted:

We have some of them, not tescos because there isn't a tescos anywhere near to here, but the morrisons ones which were like 67p each.

But the problem is, how many do you take with you? If you're in a car taking ALL your bags isn't a problem, but as light & foldable as they are they still take space and weight from what you can carry back, and if you guesstimate your shop size wrong, you're now having to pay for the lovely bags, which you'll need 2x of, because while a single one is fine for carrying stuff 2' from the trolly to the car boot, they fall apart if you carry them any further than that, so everything heavier than bread, or even bread if it's 'pointy' enough to punch holes in the mylar-like material they use, which means 10p a bag for those double-bagged 'excess' shop, or you buy more 'bag for life's that are just going to be *more* wasteful over time.

Or are you assuming that poor people are 'time rich' enough to spend all their days ferrying food 1 bag at a time?

Ah, yes, guesstimate.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

NinjaSteve posted:

theres loads of those here but we dont call them gastropubs theyre just nicer pubs

maybe its because no-one wants to eat somewhere called gastro

nothing in australia is nice

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

That post is annoyingly offensive.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

Hallowed Turban posted:

Ah, yes, guesstimate.

that is actually bhyo explaining to his ex about proper bread carrying

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Timbers Jim posted:

nothing in australia is nice

this is caonon

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

I bet kangaroo tastes fabulous

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hallowed Turban posted:

I bet kangaroo tastes fabulous

It's kinds tough

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

It's kinds tough

only if you cook it wrong, youve gotta have it super rare and then its one of the best meats

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

I like tough meat, don't do medium or rare poo poo

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Ugh this is awkward.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010