Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
This is important: How gamey were they? Did you try them in szechuan stir fry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:

deimos posted:

This is important: How gamey were they? Did you try them in szechuan stir fry?

We made yang rou chuanr out of them, which is funny since yang rou means mutton, but when you buy meat here you never know what it actually is!

What server is the guild on now?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Cuatal posted:

We made yang rou chuanr out of them, which is funny since yang rou means mutton, but when you buy meat here you never know what it actually is!

What server is the guild on now?

Still on deepwood, we just had a vacation for a bit. Leave the old goon squad and ask in the channel for an invite to the current one.

E: sent an invite

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
Fished dimension items are no longer account bound and now can be traded and sold. Mwahahaha.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Holy crap, time to start fishing again.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
greatersssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Any interest in doing some pre-expansion raid achievement runs this weekend before we have to focus on dunking on t2 20m poo poo and get totally burned out?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

marhom posted:

Any interest in doing some pre-expansion raid achievement runs this weekend before we have to focus on dunking on t2 20m poo poo and get totally burned out?

I would love to do some ID achievements. I only need HK:RA for the previous tier.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

marhom posted:

Do we have 20 people at 520 hit?

Somehow, I doubt it.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I think we do, actually.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I thought the difference between 500 and 520 was that white hits are not 100% and abilities are 100%.

e: vvvv so then if you have talents that reduce/ignore target's resistance, such as Inq's Spiritual Scrutiny, you only need 500?

Machai fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 12, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Machai posted:

I thought the difference between 500 and 520 was that white hits are not 100% and abilities are 100%.

I think at 500 you don't miss and 520 you aren't resisted.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I think when you do hit with under 500 hit, your damage is scaled down as well

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people.
Requesting a guild invite. In game name Vonrik. Thanks.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

2.4 is officially announced for 9/18!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

2.4 is officially announced for 9/18!

Of course they'd do it during my free month of FFXIV. :sigh:

I haven't even had the time to hit level cap in that game yet!

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Requesting an invite for Dyvim, please. Should be on later tonight. Finally going to get my storm legion souls, so I might as well stick around for a bit.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
Requesting an invite for Zhramzaj. I used to play before storm legion, but decided to give it a shot now F2P again. I'm online right now.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zoness posted:

More like the day after GTA5

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
Well, I managed to get access to my old account. Can I get an invite for Yoluun?

EDIT: Might as well bring my Rogue in too. Name is Sochun.

skystream92 fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 13, 2013

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

Zoness posted:

Excuse me... free month?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Notinghamington posted:

Excuse me... free month?

When you buy subscription games that also require you to pay an upfront cost, you usually get a free month included.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
On the bright side it seems like only Infinity Gate will be released.

I kind of like the gimmick for the Brothers of Life and Death at least. Also the theme for the raid overall is kinda neat - not moving around to do trash :3:.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

deadtear posted:

When you buy subscription games that also require you to pay an upfront cost, you usually get a free month included.
Even Rift had one.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
:siren: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/385313-about-2-4-changes-marks.html#post4495457 :siren:

Daglar posted:

If you are able to buy gear now, buy it now. The conversion of Raid Marks to Expert will not be at an inflated rate. The cost of raid 1 gear in expert marks is a greatly raised number.

I realize that this can leave a very small number of people left in the lurch if they were close to buying a piece of gear - but upon reviewing the numbers, we cannot do a Raid Mark to Expert Mark conversion that is greater than 1:1 due to economic issues relating to the fact that Raid Marks had no cap previously.

The problem for those few users that were on the cusp of buying a piece should equalize itself out rather rapidly due to the gain rate of expert marks.

~Daglar

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Welp.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Yeah, I need 4k stones for a wand.
:negative:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

StumblyWumbly posted:

Yeah, I need 4k stones for a wand.
:negative:

I was in the same boat, and then the mage wand with a cleric pairing dropped :negative:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
so having just done the new 5man on the pts, a few thoughts:

- length. god drat there's a lot of trash in that instance and only one trash mob is even vaguely interesting. i guess there's a reason the rapid assault is 35 minutes but it would be 35 very boring minutes
- graphics/particle effects: the whole place has some ridiculous haze over it. the effect is cool at first, then irritating, then downright infuriating and headache inducing. it certainly does look nice, though
- the bosses are really cool but some of them feel like rehashed bosses and others i couldn't really tell what was happening with mechanics. we ended up 3manning greenscale because our other 2 dps died (to what? who knows) and my tank gear (from live) was good enough to survive his enrage mechanic
- atrophinius is a mix of (GA) kaliban and chekaroth. frozen terror is almost a carbon copy of uv-315 (or w/e his name is) from golem foundry. the other two bosses are cool.
- it was easy in my gear but i would concede that it would be much, much harder in expert gear pre-expert gear, especially if fresh 60s got it as a random. it's far more unforgiving and the damage is tuned pretty high (greenscale was hitting me for 20k before enrage). the bosses and trash also have significantly more hp than other experts.

overall it's a nice dungeon and the fights are still fun, but i can see pugs wiping on the first boss, never to return. it's also very long. it feels like this will top storm breaker as the pugcrusher instance for sure.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

shut up gelly posted:

pugcrusher instance.

I feel like my Rift life has been much better by refusing to pug anything (including experts). Good lord are pubbies awful at everything.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

necrotic posted:

I feel like my Rift life has been much better by refusing to pug anything (including experts). Good lord are pubbies awful at everything.
I tanked a normal Tower of the Shattered last night and two-manned the first boss with the healer, so they're not all bad :downs:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

shut up gelly posted:

- graphics/particle effects: the whole place has some ridiculous haze over it. the effect is cool at first, then irritating, then downright infuriating and headache inducing. it certainly does look nice, though

I have this issue with the fog effect you get with quantum sight (to see red shinies). You get bluegreen fog all around the outside border of your screen and for whatever reason, after about 10 minutes of that effect on my screen I get a queasy feeling and a headache. Turning off quantum makes the physical effects go away.

The only solution is to turn off all post-processing, which takes away a bunch of cool effects but at least I can have fun (shinies!) without getting a headache.

I feedbacked it a while ago and begged them to make the quantum sight "fog" effect toggleable in options somewhere but maybe they didn't believe me. No other effect gives me problems, but that fog every time makes my head hurt.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

- the bosses are really cool

Like the frozen terror? Hyuk hyuk.

The instance was kinda lame and when we tested it the event after atrophinius was like literally the worst thing ever.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

anthonypants posted:

I tanked a normal Tower of the Shattered last night and two-manned the first boss with the healer, so they're not all bad :downs:

It's definitely easier if you either tank or heal, but not by much.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
So, what servers have a healthy population? I want to get back in this game, preferably a pve server.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

ioneye posted:

So, what servers have a healthy population? I want to get back in this game, preferably a pve server.

The goons are on Deepwood, which is pve and has a good population. These days you can do a lot of events cross-shard so it's less of an issue. Couldn't really say for the other servers, but I imagine most of them are pretty full.

Dodadoodoo
Jun 15, 2007
Do you have a dad? I wanna meet that dad.
In as Neekette

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Just started up a new Cleric on Deepwood, name of Gabhanid. Gonna try to get in goon squad in a minute.

kelnira
Jun 14, 2011

My weapon of choice.
Requesting to join the guild! My in game name is Kelnira!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Just came back, made a Rogue (because guns) named Thronde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
What are the mats for the new seal?

• Locked thread