Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.

The Red Queen posted:

Oh no! :( It's my fault for not buying enough merch!

:-( I hope everything's ok.

Also the more this arc goes on the more I get the feeling that Something Wrong is about to happen. This is also the only arc that i've ever read so far WHILE IT WAS BEING UPDATED and its making me go a little stir crazy help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Believe me, "Something Wrong is going to happen" is pretty much a standard reaction to any Gunnerkigg strip. Tom is a master of deceit and strikes when we least expect it.

But yeah, this Seed Bismuth is getting a bit too happy about hearing of the Court still growing.

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

The Red Queen posted:

Oh no! :( It's my fault for not buying enough merch!

He mentioned someone putting up a for sale sign in front of his place and then taking it down very shortly after. I think the landlord might just be selling his flat.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Dogdoo 8 posted:

He mentioned someone putting up a for sale sign in front of his place and then taking it down very shortly after. I think the landlord might just be selling his flat.

Coyote's up to his tricks again :tinfoil:

Annie's scar showing up could just be a result of being close to the theed... it's a nice little detail though.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Dogdoo 8 posted:

Based on his twitter, that's exactly what it is. They sold the house he was renting and the new people are kicking him out. So he has two months to find a new place to live, I guess? Maybe there will be fewer spiders in the new place.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

dyzzy posted:

Coyote's up to his tricks again :tinfoil:

Annie's scar showing up could just be a result of being close to the theed... it's a nice little detail though.

Her clothes are also turning gray and getting the Ether Vision texture too (it's more noticeable on her green blouse).

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

isasphere posted:

Her clothes are also turning gray and getting the Ether Vision texture too (it's more noticeable on her green blouse).

And as one final detail, Annie's hair is only that long/big in the Ether.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Based on his twitter, that's exactly what it is. They sold the house he was renting and the new people are kicking him out. So he has two months to find a new place to live, I guess? Maybe there will be fewer spiders in the new place.

This isn't terribly uncommon in the UK (no idea about the rest of the world), it's happened to me and to several other people I know. With a 2 month lead time it's something that can be dealt with even if moving and house hunting kinda sucks.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

isasphere posted:

Kantesu posted:

And as one final detail, Annie's hair is only that long/big in the Ether.

Guess we're getting more pages in the ether :woop:

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Yeah he got Section 21'd, not Section 8. 21 is "I want to sell the apartment you're renting, or occupy it myself, so this is my notice that I'm not renewing the lease when it ends". Section 8 is "you've stopped paying me the rent, or are defying the tenancy agreement in some other way - so bugger off right now or we go to court".

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Seed Bismuth is the prettiest character. Annie should adopt it and take it back to the Court with her.

Nothing could possibly go wrong!

Unless it sees Box-bot and flees in shame or something.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

AfroSquirrel posted:

Seed Bismuth is the prettiest character. Annie should adopt it and take it back to the Court with her.

Nothing could possibly go wrong!

Unless it sees Box-bot and flees in shame or something.

I dunno, being forced into ether every-time you play fetch with the seed would be pretty annoying. Sometimes you just wanna have a corporeal form.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

The seed seems very innocent, maybe the seed itself was split, and this is the Forest side. Would explain why the court continues to grow yet the forest side does not.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Do we know if it continues to grow? I think it's already enormous, in fact a lot of it seems to be just empty buildings. I think the court's inhabitants just start inhabiting unused buildings as they need them.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
Maybe that's why so much of it has a run down look. Without the Seed to keep it healthy, the buildings now are just the husks.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Annie has said that it has grown to a huge size, indicating that it has grown since seperation from the seed, as for being run-down, I guess like a very old oak tree, it has dead branches and odd parts where it's fallen down and regrown, it's impressive in it's size but it shows it's age.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Nettle Soup posted:

Annie has said that it has grown to a huge size, indicating that it has grown since seperation from the seed, as for being run-down, I guess like a very old oak tree, it has dead branches and odd parts where it's fallen down and regrown, it's impressive in it's size but it shows it's age.

Annie should cut the seed in half and count the rings. Education!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

ronya posted:

Yeah he got Section 21'd, not Section 8. 21 is "I want to sell the apartment you're renting, or occupy it myself, so this is my notice that I'm not renewing the lease when it ends". Section 8 is "you've stopped paying me the rent, or are defying the tenancy agreement in some other way - so bugger off right now or we go to court".

So that's the problem. What is the solution and how do we help?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Fried Chicken posted:

Sell Tom your house.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Fried Chicken posted:

I guess you could offer him a lift to wherever he ends up moving? It's really not a problem anyone needs help with.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

...Why are we all assuming it's still growing? Annie wasn't around when the court was split off. It's possible that it's always been this big and Annie doesn't realize this. This would also make sense as to why the split was necessary: it could be the Court was growing like a cancer with like 10 acres of court/hour or something. It could be the Seed only grows Court and it's why the Tic-Toc grew: the Seed was just so happy to do things it made it grow super fast.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, any of you guys find this... ominous? Like, maybe the seed is a well-meaning creature, but if it somehow manages to cross to the court it wouldn't be the best idea. It just wants to fill the world with fun cities, the poor thing. :ohdear:

Does that mean that Mort is the Seed Bismuth?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fried Chicken posted:

Depends, does anyone have any spare Bismuth?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Splicer posted:

Depends, does anyone have any spare Bismuth?

:golfclap:

I think the Court in Scotland somewhere, so Tom might have to me.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Oh dear. The Seed isn't looking as friendly as it was awhile ago.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
...and suddenly the seed doesn't seem quite so benign. Those two lines sweeping around the image seem to be Coyote's eyes and teeth, and the text on either side repeats the word 'liar'. We may be into 'something unpleasant masquerading as the seed' territory here, folks.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
This is less good. We are shocked. Shocked I tell you.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
That nagging feeling, that the magical secret creature-thing you just found is actually Coyote. Or maybe not Coyote, but maybe not what you were expecting either.

Also, it is really hard to see but that is totally a skeletal coyote hand goin' for her brains and memories.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Oooh Coyote, I see you hidin' there.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Oh Changelings, you are a rascally and manipulative bunch :allears:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I think the seed is asking rather forcefully here. An attempt at compulsion from Coyote maybe?

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

SHISHKABOB posted:

Also, it is really hard to see but that is totally a skeletal coyote hand goin' for her brains and memories.

Goin' for them, or adding something to them?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Well this is getting a bit disturbing :ohdear:

For people having trouble reading it, the ominous text which surround the Coyote-ish strings just says Liar repeatedly

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Wyld Karde posted:

Goin' for them, or adding something to them?

Maybe brains are just really comfy to lounge around in? They can look like bean-bag chairs if you squint.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'd say this was Coyote disguising himself as the seed to get Annie to let him over the bridge but this particular kind of deception doesn't seem to be his MO. Plus he could just, you know, walk across the bridge.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The "Seed"'s body is starting to look either like a bee or a fly, I think. And how nice to Coyote to warn us that heit is a liar :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Again with this thread's paranoid everyone-is-coyote fantasies. :mad:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

Again with this thread's paranoid everyone-is-coyote fantasies. :mad:

Actually other than the stuff going into Annie's head, it seems to me like the Coyote bits on the page are separate from the "seed bismuth" bits. And the hand thing is just hard to see and I can't tell really what it is. Just sort of reminds me of what Coyote's hand looked like when he was sucking the memories out of Ysengrin.

I think the "seed bismuth" is just trying to get in Annie's head to manipulate her, and Coyote is somehow trying to warn her.

Is she wearing Coyote's tooth around her neck?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

That nagging feeling, that the magical secret creature-thing you just found is actually Coyote. Or maybe not Coyote, but maybe not what you were expecting either.

I'm pretty sure that isn't Coyote; Coyote is warning her that this thing is lying. Whatever is is that is impersonating the Seed Bismuth is trying to latch onto Annie so that it can hitch a ride across the bridge.

Whatever it is looks kinda insectoid to me. Hard to tell, though.

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Sep 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

His ribbon seems to be going through her head, and something seems to be causing quite a head-ache. I think he could have some sort of protection laid on her. Or the "seed" could of just forced it's way in. It's pretty clearly looking less like a moth and more like a hornet or wasp.