Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
So is it still worth it to sell and buy and sell and buy until you have no cookies left before the reset to max your heavenly chips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

ScienceAndMusic posted:

So is it still worth it to sell and buy and sell and buy until you have no cookies left before the reset to max your heavenly chips?

No it doesn't work anymore.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
Just reset, antimatter condensers are still 1 trillion. I'm never closing my browser or restarting my computer. :coal:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

"Old women freeze in place in streets, ooze warm sugary syrup" is probably the most horrifying line of the Grandmapocalypse and yet it also reminds me of Resident Evil 6.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, my game just went loving bananas and I could buy stuff without my cookies going down for a bit. And at the time, I was trying to buy an Antimatter Condenser, it didn't seem to be working, so I just kept hammering on the button like an impatient gorilla. I've got 56 of the loving things now. For less than 70 trillion.

Think it had something to do with the Elder Pledge running out at the time. For some reason my computer hates the transition from normal to Grandmapocalypse and lags a bit.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Speedball posted:

"Old women freeze in place in streets, ooze warm sugary syrup" is probably the most horrifying line of the Grandmapocalypse and yet it also reminds me of Resident Evil 6.

Chris screaming in vain with his face pressed up against an old folk's home as the Grandmas achieve a higher form.

Should I try to get 100 time machines before restarting for my first time?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

McDragon posted:

Ha, my game just went loving bananas and I could buy stuff without my cookies going down for a bit. And at the time, I was trying to buy an Antimatter Condenser, it didn't seem to be working, so I just kept hammering on the button like an impatient gorilla. I've got 56 of the loving things now. For less than 70 trillion.

That price isn't due to a glitch, it's normal. Even if your instance of the game has the higher base price of 4 billion instead of 1 billion for them, the first 56 Antimatter Condensers only cost a total of 66.8 trillion cookies. With the cheap version, you could do it in under 17 trillion.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!
Really wish I didn't have to reboot last night. These expensive antimatter condensers are killing me.

gco fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 15, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Having to maintain 5.1 quadrillion cookies to optimize a Frenzied Lucky is mental. This update owns.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Lottery of Babylon posted:

That price isn't due to a glitch, it's normal. Even if your instance of the game has the higher base price of 4 billion instead of 1 billion for them, the first 56 Antimatter Condensers only cost a total of 66.8 trillion cookies. With the cheap version, you could do it in under 17 trillion.

Oh, really? Wow, that's crazily cheap. Still, never would have bought that many normally, and my CPS has gone through the roof, so it was still pretty beneficial.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

If you cheated in cookies in any way shape or form you have no right posting screenshots or bragging about cps. :colbert:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I bought the Kitten Overseers, my CpS jumped from 4.6 billion/sec to 14 billion/sec and I still have so much left to buy....

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

So I took the Elder Covenant at the cost of 5% cps and now I've got the option to switch it back on. Is this option of switching back and forth going to stay there? I don't think I'll be wasting any more cookies on that poo poo when I still have all of the +15% recipes to buy. Also, how much of a difference do the cat upgrades make? Should I buy the 9,000,000,000,000 Kitten Engineers upgrade first or the 9,999,999,999,999 +15$ recipes first? My milk is 296% raspberry milk right now

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Trap Star posted:

So I took the Elder Covenant at the cost of 5% cps and now I've got the option to switch it back on. Is this option of switching back and forth going to stay there? I don't think I'll be wasting any more cookies on that poo poo when I still have all of the +15% recipes to buy. Also, how much of a difference do the cat upgrades make? Should I buy the 9,000,000,000,000 Kitten Engineers upgrade first or the 9,999,999,999,999 +15$ recipes first? My milk is 296% raspberry milk right now

The cat upgrades are huge and you should definitely always get them when you can.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Wait when do you get cookie dunker? It says I got it but I don't remember dunking any cookies...

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Wait when do you get cookie dunker? It says I got it but I don't remember dunking any cookies...

If you fiddled with your browser window size you probably got it by accident. (You get it by dunking the big cookie in the milk.)

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Color Printer posted:

If you fiddled with your browser window size you probably got it by accident. (You get it by dunking the big cookie in the milk.)

Ohhhhhhh. OK gotcha.I resize my browser and put it off to the side so I can still click goldens.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Ohhhhhhh. OK gotcha.I resize my browser and put it off to the side so I can still click goldens.

Wait, that actually works? If I resize the cookie window so it is tiny, do the golden cookies always spawn in that tiny space?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Another Person posted:

Wait, that actually works? If I resize the cookie window so it is tiny, do the golden cookies always spawn in that tiny space?

Correct.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Interesting - according to cookie monster, Alchemy labs are disproportionately inefficient compared to other things.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

I have missed so many golden cookies by tabbing, then scanning the page for fading goldens. I could've just done this. HOW MANY GODDAMN COOKIES HAVE I MISSED OUT ON? :saddowns:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Silento posted:

I'm the Cookie Clicker version of the Kennedys. My ancestors cheated to get ahead, but now I'm rich as gently caress and (currently) clean.

Gaze at my 300b/s trust fund cookies, and despair at being cookie poor.

What is that bar across the bottom. How do you get that?

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?
Had to reboot my computer, the price of Condensers went from 333trillion to 1.335 quintillion

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Mordiceius posted:

What is that bar across the bottom. How do you get that?

Cheating by using one of those things. I think that one's called Cookie Monster

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I accidentally let the Elder Pledge lapse and got an Elder Frenzy...

9 trillion CpS

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Another Person posted:

I have missed so many golden cookies by tabbing, then scanning the page for fading goldens. I could've just done this. HOW MANY GODDAMN COOKIES HAVE I MISSED OUT ON? :saddowns:

You can see by entering console.log(Game.missedGoldenClicks); into your browser's javascript console.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Red Metal posted:

You can see by entering console.log(Game.missedGoldenClicks); into your browser's javascript console.

I have apparently missed one singular golden cookie. This knowledge will stain the very essence of my being for as long as I care about this game.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
What I want now is a bot that will buy the most effective building/upgrade while clicking the cookie (and goldens) while conserving enough for golden cookies to give the max bonus.
Basically I want the game to play itself like a TAS and see how fast it can possibly max out.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

nimby posted:

I accidentally let the Elder Pledge lapse and got an Elder Frenzy...

9 trillion CpS

What does that mean, you had trigged the grandmacopalypse, clicked a regular golden cookie and got frenzy?
Or is there something else I don't know about :)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Greybone posted:

What does that mean, you had trigged the grandmacopalypse, clicked a regular golden cookie and got frenzy?
Or is there something else I don't know about :)

I guess probably missed that it went to grandmapocalypse mode, absentmindedly clicked the next golden cookie which actually turned out to be a blood cookie, and got frenzy.

When I do that I either get ruin or clot.

gco
May 8, 2007

How long do the Grandmatriarchs have to be angry before I can buy a Communal Brainsweep? It hasn't unlocked yet and I can't advance.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, got a Blood Cookie half a minute after the Pledge ran out, decided to click it because why not? Ended up with over a 100 trillion cookies.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

gco posted:

How long do the Grandmatriarchs have to be angry before I can buy a Communal Brainsweep? It hasn't unlocked yet and I can't advance.

30 minutes after you buy Exotic Nuts.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Agh. I soft reset just before the update and lost all my past golden cookie clicks. I think I was in the 400s.

WHY IS THIS GAME SUCH A THING. IT'S JUST COOKIES. WHY CAN'T I QUIT YOU.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Are there any benefits to not sating the Elders' wrath?

e: The grandmas in the background wallpaper are starting to look like gelatinous flesh blobs. Is that bad?

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Is it just me, or is anyone else not getting as many golden cookies as usual? My frenzy combo is not working out today.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Cookie chains really need to scale up to 66 and 666 trillion now (and lose the random chance of stopping before the max). It's so disappointing when you get one instead of a 250 trillion lucky cookie.

Ganeen
Mar 3, 2004

I made this, isn't it offensive?
Goddamn, I hate Jews. All hiding in the moutains in Pakistan and shit.
Is there a sweet spot on resetting? I've purchased every upgrade, 100 of every tier except 90 of antimatter. All achievements but 100 antimatter and the ones you get for resetting. I want to reset soon, but I'm getting lots of heavenly (175ish) and 161 billion cps during frenzy. Should I wait until I get 100 antimatter and get as many heavenly chips as possible until it's really slow? Or reset and to get a head start?

gco
May 8, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

30 minutes after you buy Exotic Nuts.

K these octogenarians have been enraged for over an hour and my only available upgrades are a seventh elder pledge or the elder covenant, which I've already toggled before finding out it doesn't do anything. Do I have to keep doing these elder pledges until the cost maxes out or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Buying 10 elder pledges unlocks an upgrade.

• Locked thread