Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

For a more informal LP that's humorous and really just some dudes hanging out cracking jokes and playing games, the LP by Do it to it and Don't do it of the resident evil series is good. The exception being Code Veronica because that game sucks and it seemed like they were kinda burned out on the series anyway. 1,2 and 4 are especially good though. http://lparchive.org/Resident-Evil-1-3-CVX/
http://lparchive.org/Resident-Evil-4-Wii-Edition/

Fake edit: does anyone know what happened to those guys? Or if they are still active members?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Like all LP groups and the Dark ID they all died.

Now that I think of it, what happened to Tipping 40's as well? I thought there was some forums drama there but never fully understood if that was the case or if they just burnt out.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Lazyfire posted:

Now that I think of it, what happened to Tipping 40's as well? I thought there was some forums drama there but never fully understood if that was the case or if they just burnt out.

Marvelis was done and their last game was FF10-2 which was a planned thing. I say this tentatively but The Dark Id isn't "dead" so to speak. I look at this way, when groups move on that just means there's all the reason for a new one to emerge...but there hasn't yet as far as I've looked.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

Tipping Forties tried to make a movie together. It didn't work out (the movie is pretty average) and I think that kinda burned them out. Thats the impression i got from their last podcast.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Lunethex posted:

I say this tentatively but The Dark Id isn't "dead" so to speak.

Couldn't help with that one, it is a Sandcastle joke to say he died at this point because new people will come in there asking what happened to him because he hasn't made a thread since his PS2 died.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Tha Duke posted:

For a more informal LP that's humorous and really just some dudes hanging out cracking jokes and playing games, the LP by Do it to it and Don't do it of the resident evil series is good. The exception being Code Veronica because that game sucks and it seemed like they were kinda burned out on the series anyway. 1,2 and 4 are especially good though. http://lparchive.org/Resident-Evil-1-3-CVX/
http://lparchive.org/Resident-Evil-4-Wii-Edition/

Fake edit: does anyone know what happened to those guys? Or if they are still active members?

iirc one of them is on active duty in the military right now, so they decided to pack it up and possibly start again when he gets back

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

Lazyfire posted:

Over the weekend, Ryan or Kuvo started an LP of Tales of Vesperia with Geop, Minifoo and Vicas.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tha Duke posted:

Tipping Forties tried to make a movie together. It didn't work out (the movie is pretty average) and I think that kinda burned them out. Thats the impression i got from their last podcast.

They did an office comedy that was equally average. They just weren't good at all with scripted stuff, including the first couple episodes of X-2 where they had literally written jokes in advance. You could tell.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Lunethex posted:

I say this tentatively but The Dark Id isn't "dead" so to speak.

As a confirmed ghost I find this misinformation highly slanderous.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The Dark Id posted:

Aaaah! Somebody phone the Ghostbusters, their containment unit's broken open!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

The Dark Id posted:

You're not my real ghost dad, you can't tell me what to do!

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

Does anybody know a good LP of the Dead Space 3 DLC? I couldn't find anything on the forums so I guess youtube is my best bet.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Can anyone recommend me a communal humorous video LP? I've gone through the backlog of most of the major LPers so less popular recommendations are ideal.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
If you haven't already seen them let me request Recommendations Thread's darling Men Drinkin Coffee
http://www.youtube.com/user/MenDrinkinCoffee/videos

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Rejected Fate posted:

Can anyone recommend me a communal humorous video LP? I've gone through the backlog of most of the major LPers so less popular recommendations are ideal.

What exactly do you mean by communal? Do you want to watch a group of people, or are you looking to share this with your vegan drum circle?

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

General Ironicus posted:

What exactly do you mean by communal? Do you want to watch a group of people, or are you looking to share this with your vegan drum circle?

He's wanting to watch a VLP with common ownership of means of let's play production.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

General Ironicus posted:

gatz posted:

He's wanting to watch a VLP with common ownership of means of let's play production.

So, basically, like you and Chip.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

General Ironicus posted:

Communal can mean done by a community. But yeah that was probably the wrong word to use.

That I may or may not watch it in a drum circle is merely supplementary.

An LP featuring a drum circle would be best, though. So yeah, let's go with a Donkey Kong Jungle Beat LP.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Rejected Fate posted:

Communal can mean done by a community. But yeah that was probably the wrong word to use.

That I may or may not watch it in a drum circle is merely supplementary.

An LP featuring a drum circle would be best, though. So yeah, let's go with a Donkey Kong Jungle Beat LP.

Well, that game is on my list, so just gimme uhhhhhh 3 more years to finish yoshi's island :v:

Dithiannim
Nov 8, 2012

Are there any bad adventure (point-and-click) game VLPs that are funny such as Davidspackage's Hopkins F.B.I. or similar to Retsu's Wrongpuraes of King's Quest V and VI?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Dithiannim posted:

Are there any bad adventure (point-and-click) game VLPs that are funny such as Davidspackage's Hopkins F.B.I. or similar to Retsu's Wrongpuraes of King's Quest V and VI?

Nidoking JUST started a Fable LP in the Bad Games thread (no, not Peter Molyneux Fable, the other one). He tends to do pretty good LPs no matter what so I'd keep an eye on it, though it is only one update in so far.

The Veler
Dec 26, 2012

Niggurath posted:

I heard reasonably good thing about Unfair's LP of it: http://lparchive.org/Dishonored/

Thanks! He talked a bit more than I usually prefer but it was pretty good.

Quovak
Feb 2, 2009

See, the problem with online communication is that you can't feel my beard through the HTML.

Dithiannim posted:

On the off-chance you haven't seen it, Darkseed 2 is my favorite thing Retsuperae's done.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Keep in mind that Darkseed 2 is a very slow burn, but it ALL pays off at the end, if you don't spoil yourself.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

kalonZombie posted:

Nidoking JUST started a Fable LP in the Bad Games thread (no, not Peter Molyneux Fable, the other one). He tends to do pretty good LPs no matter what so I'd keep an eye on it, though it is only one update in so far.

Are there any good and or humorous Molyneux Fable LPs out there? I've played one of those games (the second one I think) through on good/hero mode so would be interested to see some evil shenanigans without having to subject myself all over again. I would also be interested to see if anybody bothered with real estate and families too, I'm just so lazy. The archive comes up with nothing, but I know not everything is not on there.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Dr Scoofles posted:

Are there any good and or humorous Molyneux Fable LPs out there? I've played one of those games (the second one I think) through on good/hero mode so would be interested to see some evil shenanigans without having to subject myself all over again. I would also be interested to see if anybody bothered with real estate and families too, I'm just so lazy. The archive comes up with nothing, but I know not everything is not on there.
Well Brainamp did a pretty good, straight forward LP of Fable 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LY06lTjk0A

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Gonna toss out a rec for Speedball's Civ 5 scenarios thread. He's playing through scenarios that come with Civ5 and its expansions, the good, the bad, and the terribly boring. If you've played some Civ it's actually pretty interesting to see how the built-in scenarios change the game, and how desperately they reuse ingame assets. He's doing Fall of Rome right now, which is looking pretty fantastic so far

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Niggurath posted:

Well Brainamp did a pretty good, straight forward LP of Fable 1:

It's not complete mostly cause I got burned out from life stuff about halfway through. I'm definitely going back to it, just not right now.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Dr Scoofles posted:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsz31gTLKEYQHwzC5NZmMl6WpYuA8VH2k

Not T40s best work, but definitely evil and full of shenanigans. Also dysfunctional families.

XCrusader
Feb 20, 2013

Superhuman Fa mi ly
I have already seen quite a few recommendations for SuperGreatFriend's LPs, still I'd like to give a special recommend to his ILL Bleed Let's Play http://lparchive.org/Illbleed/ as being a very funny VLP of a "great" game on a great console. Oh and the live speed run for the true ending at the end of the LP is awesome and has a number of cool goons in it.

PS.: Finding this LP on youtube is how I came to know the SA Forums.

PSS.: Sexyyy Doolllll.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

General Ironicus posted:

Maybe he actually wants a communist LP.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Lethemonster posted:

Maybe he actually wants a communist LP.

RPG Maker has shifted control of the means of production to the proletariat.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

fivre posted:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsz31gTLKEYQHwzC5NZmMl6WpYuA8VH2k

Not T40s best work, but definitely evil and full of shenanigans. Also dysfunctional families.

Perfect, thank you! I have very fond memories of T40s FFX LP. And thanks Niggurath too! I'm playing the third one on the PC so these are spot on.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Does anyone have any recs of good LPs featuring RPGmaker games? I'll take any kind of RPGmaker game, good, bad, whatever. Thanks in advance!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Does anyone have any recs of good LPs featuring RPGmaker games? I'll take any kind of RPGmaker game, good, bad, whatever. Thanks in advance!

You, my friend, need to read Last Scenario and Exit Fate.

Romancing Walker is good for a laugh too.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

StrixNebulosa posted:

http://lparchive.org/Barkleys-Shut-Up-And-Jam-Gaiden/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWKQiZVBtu4

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Don't forget OFF which is super weird.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm checking out Last Scenario and Barkley now - I've been considering a reread of OFF, which was excellent and reminded me oddly of Yume Nikki. (At least in levels of how weird those two games were. I like weird things.)

Thanks for the recs! Plenty to read now. :)

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
One more for the road.

Weird? Creepy? Boring? You decide.
http://lparchive.org/Yume-Nikki/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature
I really enjoy watching people being very good at hard, complex games, and commentary that breaks gameplay down and analyses it. What are some good LPs of this sort? I found Nethack LP by Sartak amazing, as well as the current Rogue Legacy by Smite. Also the archived roguelike thread by Agent355 was a blast to watch. Roguelikes tend to make for the LPs I like to watch, but I'm open to other things as well. Prefer video, but screenshot's fine if the commentary is insightful and not overly narrative.

I can't recommend Rogue Legacy by Smite enough, by the way. Dude's crazy good at the game.

• Locked thread