Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Downcast hasn't updated my UYD feed for like two months, I just assumed that they had been very very late on updating. I was wrong, and now I have like eight episodes to listen to. My seatbelt is on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Sistergodiva posted:

I think the best rant is somewhere around ep 85 maybe, when Seth talks about how fun halloween is sober.

Also, the episodes not downloading on my phone is seriously screwing with my workouts.

Seth's rants about being sober are the best.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

It's totally cool.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I have my plane ticket and show ticket for Dallas, and all I can dream about at night is crying in Seth's arms while whispering in his ear that I want to become a billionaire so I can fund technological advancements towards living forever just so a world can exist where him and jah do a podcast every day and I'm the only listener.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

goldblums eyes posted:

I have my plane ticket and show ticket for Dallas, and all I can dream about at night is crying in Seth's arms while whispering in his ear that I want to become a billionaire so I can fund technological advancements towards living forever just so a world can exist where him and jah do a podcast every day and I'm the only listener.

Sounds like a reason to live, alright.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Oh cool, that means I'll be able to pick them up at the show they'll host on Mars One

Get 'em while they're hot!

Literally, you'll be lucky to get one before the heat death of the universe.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Guys, this weekend, remember to remember podcasting.

I look forward to hearing Seth's recap of the COPS premiere.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 15, 2013

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I'm sitting here watching a terrible movie, Life or Something Like It and the male love interest for Angelina Jolie (snake woman) in this movie looks exactly like Seth. I'm losing my poo poo over here

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Half of Dracula posted:

I'm sitting here watching a terrible movie, Life or Something Like It and the male love interest for Angelina Jolie (snake woman) in this movie looks exactly like Seth. I'm losing my poo poo over here

Do you mean Ed Burns? I'm sure if Seth were still an actor he'd be delighted to know that actors of his "type" are getting major movie roles

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
In case you guys were curious, cotton candy grapes taste like grapes.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

No joke, every time I'm at the grocery store I look for cotton candy grapes, and then realize I'm at the wrong type of grocery store (as in not whole foods) for that kind of thing.

I'm glad to know I'm not really missing out on too much.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I know you guys don't like the live shows because it messes up your groove, which is totally understandable, but I just found the video of their first time doing a show and tell me it doesn't put the biggest smile on your face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ouNyPxLx0

Those first few screams and seeing Seth's smile, hnnnghhh IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!! My boys having no idea what they're about to walk into, and being greeted by intense love for them. Even though there's drunk people who yell stuff out every once in a while, the unified joy is why I love listening to live shows.

E: finally a new goddamn episode is up

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Sep 15, 2013

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's so weird seeing them on video when I have spent hundreds of hours listening to them only.

Seth sort of has a teddy boy (not sure if that translates to american but GIS it) hair cut which is pretty funny. :)

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Jippa posted:

It's so weird seeing them on video when I have spent hundreds of hours listening to them only.

Seth sort of has a teddy boy (not sure if that translates to american but GIS it) hair cut which is pretty funny. :)

Okay, you need to immediately get yourself to Youtube and watch all the videos they taped in the 120's. Start with the one called "Parenting."

Seth's visual delivery is quite a thing to behold.

Edit: looks like there are some in the OP.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Sep 15, 2013

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Seth on particularly glorious form this episode this episode I thought. When's his birthday again?

Re: the videos, I absolutely love the ones they have, have watched them a few dozen times each because they're great for getting people into the show - in particular No Games, No Drama and Who's Parenting Harder. That said, I wouldn't necessarily want them to do more, I kind of like them existing as a 'one-off' little spin-off of something greater.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

His birthday is on the 20th and you should all call him. You can tell he's a guy who really appreciates that sort of thing.

Maybe even send him a card if you can, why not.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 16, 2013

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

goldblums eyes posted:

I know you guys don't like the live shows because it messes up your groove, which is totally understandable, but I just found the video of their first time doing a show and tell me it doesn't put the biggest smile on your face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ouNyPxLx0

Those first few screams and seeing Seth's smile, hnnnghhh IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!! My boys having no idea what they're about to walk into, and being greeted by intense love for them. Even though there's drunk people who yell stuff out every once in a while, the unified joy is why I love listening to live shows.

E: finally a new goddamn episode is up

hnngh *flaps arms around* this is SO going on my tumblr with a bunch of animated gifs of them smiling at each other!!!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Not sure if I have the balls to call him but I sent Seth a happy birthday card with a starbucks gift card. Card said "Out of my way old man" and had a link to this thread.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
I'll have to pretend to be a super-old and send him a barely legible card with like $6.38 in it

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Past Tense Ragu posted:

hnngh *flaps arms around* this is SO going on my tumblr with a bunch of animated gifs of them smiling at each other!!!

aww, look at the toddler try to walk

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I really liked the observation that flying in a plane is an insult to God.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
That 99 year old 99 second shopping spree bit was great. Seth you are loving funny man.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Ugh. I just mailed him a super dope Western themed pop up card (since I live in Dallas. Holllla!!!!!) and I meant to include a SB gift card but forgot. Mad wack.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I'd like to imagine that if Seth found this thread while cruising the monsterweb, that he would spend his whole afternoon reading it and looking like he does in that video.

UYD: Just handlin' some snakes here thinkin' about my podcast.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 16, 2013

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
Is uhhyeahdude.com down again? Goddamn I was just about to get the latest ep.
e: It's back up!

Elijah Snow fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 17, 2013

What It Dooski
Apr 26, 2010

What are his and J dawgs numbers again?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
You mean you can't recite it off the top of your head? Heh, scrub.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

What It Dooski posted:

What are his and J dawgs numbers again?

It's in the OP.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

dvorak posted:

It's in the OP.

John put out his new number one episode but I forgot it and it's not in the OP. Anyone know it?

Also what's with the "some of you are cheap and ungrateful : : )" message on the new eps art?

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

mcvey posted:

You mean you can't recite it off the top of your head? Heh, scrub.

I couldn't tell you the number of a single friend or relative without looking at my phone, but I can give the UYD number without having to think about it

Guess it helps that Seth has said it like a few thousand times over all the episodes

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dvorak posted:

I'd like to imagine that if Seth found this thread while cruising the monsterweb, that he would spend his whole afternoon reading it and looking like he does in that video.

UYD: Just handlin' some snakes here thinkin' about my podcast.

Seth would freak the gently caress out… I don't think they even like their own forums (which admittedly are way more crazy).

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Boatswain posted:

Seth would freak the gently caress out… I don't think they even like their own forums (which admittedly are way more crazy).

But this thread is old-school and respectful :confused:

Like a trucker killing prostitutes

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
Just a heads up, the This Year podcast just released a best of 2007 collection. Be sure to check it out, all of their collections are top notch.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Pompous Rhombus posted:

But this thread is old-school and respectful :confused:

Like a trucker killing prostitutes

Somebody in this thread posted a picture of his car parked outside his flat, I'll just leave it at that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Boatswain posted:

Somebody in this thread posted a picture of his car parked outside his flat, I'll just leave it at that.

Wasn't that picture of it parked outside one of the live show venues?

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

Wasn't that picture of it parked outside one of the live show venues?

Yeah, he brought it to the live show so that people could take pictures with it. A fan of gags and bits.

The other picture you've probably seen is from street view.

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

That cover art is _beyoooooond_ fresh.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Doctor Hansen, aka Mock Turtleneck, aka the chimo whisperer

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Up in da crub, makin it lain.

2007 might be their best year. So great to dip back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I don't know, I think this year has had a lot of my favorite moments as well.