Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Korwen posted:

Yall should hold on to it until I can make it out there again!

also I can't wait to see what the hell Spiff is getting.

edit: If you do I will bring a Lone Star beer can for it.

Spiff is coming yo the trackday next weekend...then I can post about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
This bike has a new thing printed in the title box. Something I didn't think was possible. Will take picture later when I'm by the title.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

He didn't even mention the good poo poo - It's got a penske shock and racetech cartridges in the front, thusly the "most forgiving" part of it.

Pretty decent bike.

Just bought something for Spiffness. Can't say what it is though.

What did you pay for that thing? The itch is getting really bad over here.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

4500, I stripped most of the track stuff off it and sold it. It's cheaper all in even with the mods.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Korwen posted:

also I can't wait to see what the hell Spiff is getting.

That makes two of us!

Current plan: Get on a plane. Meet the new bike. Thrash it at the track. Nice.

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 17, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Z3n, do you know this bike?
http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439494

gently caress cars. I'm selling mine. And I want to do a fly-n-ride. For a bike in Northern California.

gently caress yeah.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Z3n, do you know this bike?
http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439494

gently caress cars. I'm selling mine. And I want to do a fly-n-ride. For a bike in Northern California.

gently caress yeah.

No, don't know that bike. That guy has been around on barf a long time but I've never met him/don't know him personally. But seems like a decent deal if you're looking for a handlebared r6. Really seems like the worst bike to do that to but if you really want an R6 it could be a good option. Hooli points out something interesting at the end there...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'd be going back to clipons... I posted right before Hooli - I also noticed the legs being coated, which makes me wonder if the internals are stock.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

I'd be going back to clipons... I posted right before Hooli - I also noticed the legs being coated, which makes me wonder if the internals are stock.

You could probably sell the bar setup for a few hundred and it'd make the ride back a lot easier. Lemme know if you're serious and wanna do this.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Oh and the cat's out of the bag, here's spiff's new toy.

Not bad for under 3k. 749S with track plastics, an extra set of stock plastics (on the bike now, 999R branded), rear stand, ohlins shock, custom offset triples, rearsets, clipons, ducati performance slip on, racing ECU, aftermarket brembo master cylinder, extra tank, a bunch of CF on it, and some other odds and ends.

Rides nice. Taking it out for a quick spin down the local roads tomorrow after I put some fresh tires on it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Needs a vented cover so everyone can hear that dry clutch supremacy ask what's wrong with your bike.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Yeah I've already ordered one. Going to take it out and play tomorrow!

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n posted:

Oh and the cat's out of the bag, here's spiff's new toy.

Not bad for under 3k. 749S with track plastics, an extra set of stock plastics (on the bike now, 999R branded), rear stand, ohlins shock, custom offset triples, rearsets, clipons, ducati performance slip on, racing ECU, aftermarket brembo master cylinder, extra tank, a bunch of CF on it, and some other odds and ends.

Rides nice. Taking it out for a quick spin down the local roads tomorrow after I put some fresh tires on it.

That thing is so pretty, I can't wait to accidentally tip a dirt bike onto it in the garage.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Is it Monday yet?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

My wrists may have recovered from riding the duc by monday. Maybe. Fuckin' a that bike.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n posted:

My wrists may have recovered from riding the duc by monday. Maybe. Fuckin' a that bike.
Luckily, Spiffness is 130lb 5'6" Italian.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Having never ridden one, I thought the Ducs were a long reach or something? How are they in reality?

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Dunno about that one, but I was sitting on a 1198 the other day and it was smaller than my pre-gen ninja 250. :( (Feeling, anyway, I don't know if it actually was. Could never ride one for long, shame.)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Z3n posted:

This bike has a new thing printed in the title box. Something I didn't think was possible. Will take picture later when I'm by the title.

Super Salvaged?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Almost:

Very appropriate for a Ducati :)

BlackMK4 posted:

Having never ridden one, I thought the Ducs were a long reach or something? How are they in reality?

The reach to the bars is very long and low, but the footpegs are at a relatively reasonable location, so you end up leaning REALLY far forward to get to the bars.

I took my hands off the bars to unzip the vents on my 'stitch and when I went back to put my hands on the bars I missed cause I expected them to be closer. It's seriously 2 inches forward and 2 inches lower than you'd expect on any other bike.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Aka perfect for a giant like me

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Sounds very italian to me. Every italian car I've ever driven has been weird when it comes to seat and steering wheel adjustment. Either you sit too close to the wheel or you sit too far away from the pedals.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Almost:

Dont worry about it, that comes on the title of every new italian bike. Just saves some paperwork down the road

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Z3n posted:

Almost:

Very appropriate for a Ducati :)
Oh, they accidentally put the model name in the history field.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Oh, they accidentally put the model name in the history field.

Funny that, apparently you couldn't fix the 749 stalling issue without doing mods that are illegal in CA (full reflash and retune of the ECU) so a LOT of them got bought back for an "unfixable" stalling issue.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Selling Daytona 675.

Deposit down on GSX-R 600 - picking up tomorrow.

These got finished up:

Made tail tidy:

Also turn signal things:

Also this came back after getting painted:

Bieks bieks bieks

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

God those helmets are sick. I want one! (And all the bikes obv) :argh:

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Is that an SV? May I ride it?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

MotoMind posted:

Ya, should be able to arrange that. Buddy will be coming by with the seat and a fresh battery tomorrow so it should be operational by then.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Z3n posted:

Selling Daytona 675.

Deposit down on GSX-R 600 - picking up tomorrow.

These got finished up:

Holy crap those are amazing.

bikes are cool too

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

MotoMind posted:

Just checked in, yup, you can ride it. It should be back to life this evening.

Chichevache posted:

Holy crap those are amazing.

bikes are cool too

Yeah, he does good work.

bikes are alright

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Back to the lab again.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Sweet jesus.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I don't have a problem.

I just didn't want to safety wire my 675.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Well... protip: Suzuki has a recall on the front masters for all 04+ 600/750s coming really soon...

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 17, 2013

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Well... protip: Suzuki has a recall on the front masters for all 04+ 600/750s coming really soon...

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426850

Wow. That's good to know. Their MCs have always been poo poo on the track, maybe that's why.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Z3n posted:

Made tail tidy:

Also turn signal things:
And here I thought I'd been keeping up with this thread.
When the gently caress did THAT show up? It gives me a happy feeling in my swimsuit area.

They're finally installing electric car charging stations at Denver Int'l Airport. If I can swim through the sea of paperwork and inter-company red tape and contracts and agreements, a Zero *might* be on my radar for next year - presuming I can get Standard Parking and DEN to agree that it's OK for an employee to park in "the revenue area" of the parking garage, so long as it's a Plugin EV.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 17, 2013

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ahh yeah. I guess most of those updates were posted in the electric thread. Its a good bike. We put slicks on it and took it to the track, somewhere there's a picture of me with my knee down on it and a trail of sparks off the peg. Its nearly at 10k already. Pretty solid piece of hardware :)

Next upgrade for that thing is a larger sprocket so it will wheelie. Not even kidding.

Also don't buy a zero. Buy a brammo. Its a real motorcycle that happens to be electric, the zero is still kinda just an overgrown mountain bike.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I lived next to the Zero facility for two years in Scotts Valley and yeah it was pretty much the dingusmobile for awkward webdevs in Sunnyvale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
Where's my Brammo Supermoto?

• Locked thread