Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Ken Jennings posted:

It's funny how "undertaker" and "mortician" mean the same thing, but "The Mortician" would be the worst gimmick in the history of wrestling.

Mortis was really good at losing to Glacier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I think The Mortician would be a pretty rad late 80s gimmick though.

Wasn't Paul Bearer a mortician in storyline? He was really cool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

He was also one in reality.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Bigass Moth posted:

Hell, the Morticia could be his valet :haw:

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Morticia woulda been a cool gimmick for Daffney if WWE kept her in the early 2000's.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Bad News: Big E Langston died earlier today.
Great News: Now Mama Langston has taken over his account and is giving tips for making the perfect pumpkin pie!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Konnan and, of all people, former boxer Riddick Bowe had a little exchange on Twitter.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

#boom

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Konnan is the best.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
<3 Konnan

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Corino is awesome

Steve Corino posted:

I actually just got an email from the "Green Lantern Fan". The balls of this guy. Never before the words "Go Fk yourself..." felt so good.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

One day Corino is gonna snap and just haul off on GLF.

And no-one will mind.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
It'll be just like that story about Corino and the juggalos.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Can someone give me the full rundown of why people hate GLF? I know he crashed Candido's (?) funeral but I remember there being more than that.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Can someone give me the full rundown of why people hate GLF? I know he crashed Candido's (?) funeral but I remember there being more than that.

Courtesy of the scumbag thread:

Rousimar Pauladeen posted:

This came up in the twitter thread but I think he deserves to be posted about in here:
GREEN LANTERN FAN
From http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=Green_Lantern_Fan

The biggest loser in the history of wrestling fans. His highlights include:
- Showing up at Chris Candido's wake to hang out and talk to/creep at wrestlers. At a wake.
- Swearing he would never support another RF Video release again, then immediately attending a PWS show eating Chinese food and being heckled by Eddie Kingston.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDYMiJ_BqIE
- Timing every match like a jackass.
- Making a scene at ROH Final Battle 2009 after there was a ref bump in a match, loudly and awkwardly walking out to protest this decades-old wrestling trope.
- Buying every front row seat for NYC ROH shows and then scalping them on the street the day of the show, in full view of the wrestlers and ROH management.
- Booing a wrestler working a retirement match that was a tribute to his dead friend.
http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.php?showtopic=28900
- Getting kicked out of a JAPW show for throwing a water bottle at the wrestlers.
http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.php?showtopic=22217&hl=
- Proposing to and getting rejected by his girlfriend live on Monday Night Raw in 1993.
- Getting arrested in Miami on WrestleMania weekend 2012.
http://www.jailbase.com/en/arrested/fl-bso/2012-03-29/paul-adam-sosnowski-571202456
- Green Lantern Fan being heckled by Brother Ray.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9QlF4tKUL4

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Thauros posted:

I actually looked him up in the scum thread but somehow missed it, thanks

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Didn't GLF's match timing also completely ruin the ending of a Misawa match?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Suben posted:

Didn't GLF's match timing also completely ruin the ending of a Misawa match?

Yep. He's also acted like an obnoxious poo poo and has been kicked out of ROH and JAPW events in the past.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

getitoffgetitoff posted:

He personifies the "Get myself over and act like I'm part of the show" fan that people hate about indies. There's the thing about Candido's wake. There's disrupting the scene of the Wrestler he was in where the crowd of extras was asked to stay quiet during a speech and he yelled something. He has bought out entire front row sections for big shows to try to resell to people later and making them act extra-grateful to him. He got pissed when they capped how many presale tickets you could buy one time because he thought he deserved to decide who sits by him (and was banned when he demanded to speak to Gabe about this).

Here's his "version" of events from CZWFANS

Green Lantern Fan posted:

I don't want to ramble and rave but I just wanted to get a few things off my chest and I know from talking to the ROH guys personally that they are on this message board all the time. I know if I post this on the ROH board , gabe will come along and delete the post in nanoseconds since he is always home on message boards. I did try talking to RoH representatives this weekend and on email but I was shunned everytime.

Everyone knows who I am. Some people do not like me. Some people do. If you know me you know I'm really not a bad guy , I'm just a guy with a huge heart for wrestling and maybe I'm a tad obessisve. I've met many friends through wrestling and I've met many people in wrestling that I'm proud to call friends. Teddy Hart is one of them and after seeing how ROH treated him then maybe I should've woken up.

I saw posts here and on other forums that I got banned at ROH. What happened was after the show I bought some DVDs and hung out to talk to some of the wrestlers. I do this EVERY show. There's never been a problem. For some reason one of the ROH students try throwing me out. I wanted to have a conversation with a wrestler (don't want to bring him heat by saying his name) and I get kicked out. I can't believe it.

Before I go on, I've spent thousands of dollars on ROH tickets and thousands upon thousands of dollars on ROH DVDs & other products sold by ROH. Not to brag, because this is nothing to brag about but I know I'm one of ROH's biggest supporters. I spend alot of money on them.

So I tried going back in and I get kicked out by a rent-a-cop. I couldn't believe it. I tried talking to Cary and I was told to stay away like I was some stalker. Cary knows me.

The next day I try to go to ROH by my home in Edison. I was told by Syd (who I know for a fact stole from Prince Nana) that I wasn't allowed in. Imagine this. A loyal customer who loves the product being told their money is no good here. How do you ban fans?

Anyway, I waited outside the venue since my father was with me. I told my dad to enjoy the show (no i didnt give him my stopwatch). I tried emailing ROH sevral times since Saturday and got blown off every single time.

Let me say right now gently caress ROH! If this is how you treat your fans I don't want to be a fan no more. Soon I will be selling my ROH DVD collection on ebay at a really good price because I don't want the filthy letters in my house.

In the past I was ejected from a JAPW show. It was an accident, but after the case all was forgiven and Fat frank and Japw welcomed me back with open arms. I've spent less time & money on JAPW but even though I hosed up they treated with me respect and I appreciate that. I couldn't get the same from a commpany I've loved and supported from day one.

I'm going too long but as I end this I just wanna say ROH isn't true to their fans. They are all about money and nothing else. Alot has been said about ROH on these boards and now I wouldn't doubt if any of it was true, especially the talk about Gabe and Lauren (Biscuit).

I am a little heated right now but assure this is really from the heart and I will never be at ROH again. I look forward to enjoying JAPW, IWA-MS & Pro Wrestling Xplosion.

I hope other fans dont make the some mistake I have, and suport ROH.

The Green Lantern Fan
Paul S.

It should be noted that Bubba Ray, Chris Hero, Steve Corino, Homicide, Samoe Joe, and AJ Styles have all threatened to kick his rear end, many of whom were faces at the time. He also was spotted on camera at ECW ONS CRYING at the beginning of the show.

There's also this

Some guy's livejournal posted:

This is a pretty recent one. There is another wrestling federation in Pennsylvania called Chikara, it's smaller than ROH and is sort of a goofy fun thangalang. Anyway, this wrestler named Blind Rage's girlfriend recently died. The chair that she always sat in at ringside was kept empty as a tribute to her. Blind Rage came to the ring and brought a rose which he placed on her chair. (This is sort of a ridiculous tribute but whatever the meaning is pretty clear.) As he did this, GLF and his cronies started a "BLIND RAGE SUCKS" chant.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Christopher Daniels is taking indie bookings:

https://twitter.com/facdaniels/status/380488515630272513

Christopher Daniels posted:

Promoters! TNA isn't the only ring I'm happy to grace with my presence! To book the Ring General (or #BadInfluence), email SHOWBIS@aol.com!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'd love to see him in ROH again if it's possible.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

coconono posted:

So does this mean he's done with TNA, or have they relaxed their policy about wrestlers accepting outside bookings (IIRC, they basically make it impossible for wrestlers to do so because they can't appear on any show that's being recorded for DVD or iPPV or whatever, which covers a fair amount of indy feds nowadays)?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So does this mean he's done with TNA, or have they relaxed their policy about wrestlers accepting outside bookings (IIRC, they basically make it impossible for wrestlers to do so because they can't appear on any show that's being recorded for DVD or iPPV or whatever, which covers a fair amount of indy feds nowadays)?

I'm guessing the latter, since he doesn't say anything about leaving, and there are no news regarding his departure.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

Sign him WWE. Use him.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Theres been whisperings that TNA is about to downsize the number of houseshows they run significantly and so a few of the TNA talent have been reaching out to indie promoters to get dates.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Green Lantern Fan is like if you took every stereotype that people who don't watch wrestling have about wrestling fans and combined them into one large, awful mess of an unfinished human being.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

Was Kingston a heel here or was he just being a prick to the other fans too who were cheering him for no reason?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

coconono posted:

He's been taking indie bookings for a while, just seems like a lot of guys are putting their info back out there right now.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

Way to hang in there with the AOL email address, Daniels.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Way to hang in there with the AOL email address, Daniels.

If it's good enough for Art Bell it's good enough for him. Especially since most of the TNA roster now gets paid in free 50 hours of AOL CDs.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/380519305411960833/photo/1

I'm not surprised that Xaiver would want this shirt

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Sorry, what does "timing a match" mean, other than yelling "this match took five minutes and 45 seconds!" and how would it ruin the end to a match?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jetfire posted:

Sorry, what does "timing a match" mean, other than yelling "this match took five minutes and 45 seconds!" and how would it ruin the end to a match?
matches with a 20 minute time limit that go close, or go over because no one actually times these matches

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jetfire posted:

ROH did a tag match with Misawa, Kenta, Marufuji and Morishima as a main event and it was a 30 minute draw. The finish sees Misawa and I think Morishima battling for a big move to lead to the nearfall at the time limit, except GLF and crew start chanting 10 9 8 7... as they set up. The wrestlers are kind of left unable to do the move they planned as these dumbfucks have killed the timing of the match.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jetfire posted:

I think he started counting down to the end of some huge match involving Misawa or someone equally as huge and basically forced them to end the match early.

E: welp

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Wasn't there a story where GLF also disrupted filming a scene in The Wrestler where Randy The Ram was delivering a promo and then GLF kept chanting "YOU STILL GOT IT!" and ruined the take?

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 19, 2013

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perigryn posted:

Wasn't there a story where GLF also disrupted filming a scene in The Wrestler where Randy The Ram was delivering a promo and then GLF kept chanting "YOU STILL GOT IT!" and ruined the take?

He yelled "WE LOVE YOU RAM!"

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
I was at a Chikara show this past february, one row behind the GLF, and he was just as obnoxious as you'd imagine. It took the concentrated awesomeness of all the little kids in the section we were in (which, he hated, btw, any chant or cheer by the kids and he'd turn around and glare or roll his eyes) to counterbalance his smarmy 'tude. He tried heckling Kevin Steen in the main event and IIRC the best he could come up with was calling Steen fat. He kept getting shut down by Steen. There was one part where Steen leaned off the ropes and yelled "HOw does it feel to be the most hated fan in pro wrestling?" before ignoring him the rest of the match.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Ric Flair
Harley Race
Iron Shiek
Green Lantern Fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

ROH did a tag match with Misawa, Kenta, Marufuji and Morishima as a main event and it was a 30 minute draw. The finish sees Misawa and I think Morishima battling for a big move to lead to the nearfall at the time limit, except GLF and crew start chanting 10 9 8 7... as they set up. The wrestlers are kind of left unable to do the move they planned as these dumbfucks have killed the timing of the match.

My god, that's some amazing level of asshattery there.