Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008

Untitled by Dev Luns, on Flickr

pootiebigwang fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Sep 14, 2013

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

....and forums poster aliencowboy was never seen again...at least not alive.

hybr1d
Sep 24, 2002

JDD_0345.jpg by jdoscher, on Flickr

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Gambl0r
Dec 25, 2003

LOCAL MAN
RUINS
EVERYTHING

The beach at Vik is an incredible place. Can't wait to see what else you got on your trip! Did you do the whole ring road?

Here are a few from hikes over the last month:

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Mount St. Helens, Washington by Ashade76, on Flickr

DSCF1850.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

Yale School by Ashade76, on Flickr

Musket fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 14, 2013

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Gambl0r posted:

The beach at Vik is an incredible place. Can't wait to see what else you got on your trip! Did you do the whole ring road?

Yep and parts of the westfjords etc. Like I mentioned previously had some kind of awful weather at times which had a negative effect on some photos...

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

A couple from Going-To-The-Sun Road that have probably been done 1000x before.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Aspens

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

single-mode fiber posted:

Do you just go bonkers on the vibrance in post or is there something else that makes your greens/blues so intense in all your pics?

I'm not complaining or anything, but it seems to be a recurring theme in everything you post.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Yale Lake, Washington by Ashade76, on Flickr

DSCF1884.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

DSCF1836.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

My favorite part of the year is just around the corner.

hybr1d
Sep 24, 2002

Musket posted:

My favorite part of the year is just around the corner.

Those look like great spots when the leaves start changing colors. I'm hoping to snag some outside of Southern California this fall, as everything is just dried out and brown in October here.

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

hybr1d posted:

Those look like great spots when the leaves start changing colors. I'm hoping to snag some outside of Southern California this fall, as everything is just dried out and brown in October here.

It might be too late, but if you can't get out, there are a lot of nice yellows and oranges in the wetter spots of the San Gabriels. Icehouse Canyon had some beautiful willows starting to turn a few weeks ago.

Moved to Oregon a week ago, and :drat: there are gorgeous places everywhere!

South Sister Sunset by Icybacon, on Flickr

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Wario In Real Life posted:

Do you just go bonkers on the vibrance in post or is there something else that makes your greens/blues so intense in all your pics?

I'm not complaining or anything, but it seems to be a recurring theme in everything you post.

A little bit of both. In Lightroom, I usually bump clarity up by around 10-15 (depending on the photo), and then vibrance maybe 10 above clarity's value. I also tend to chop down luminance of blue by 10-15, and maybe 0-5 on green. On the actual lens itself, I use a circular polarizer that I adjust to basically max effect, in addition to trying to locate myself such that the 'plane' of my field of view is as close to orthogonal to the 'plane' of the sun as I can get. Of course, there's a lot of pictures where I, the sun, or both, are at bad angles, and then I just don't process/post those :v:

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

Nice! We've had lots of fog here lately. Glad you got some of it.

DSC_0015.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_0047.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_0044.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

DSC_0235.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I don't want to inline a 10mb (!) gif, but I just made this on a whim and quite like it :)

http://i.minus.com/ibpWKX9aAqJkVf.gif

Two different days / times, but close enough location to overlay them in Photoshop.

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

single-mode fiber posted:

Woah, no kidding:

Heavy Runner Mountain by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

A couple more from Glacier:

Going to the Rainbow Road by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Going to the Sun Road by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Next time I'm in GNP, I really want to hit that spot at sunrise. There's that tiny island out in the middle, and if the waters were glassy I bet it would make an awesome shot.

xzzy fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 16, 2013

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

xzzy posted:

Next time I'm in GNP, I really want to hit that spot at sunrise. There's that tiny island out in the middle, and if the waters were glassy I bet it would make an awesome shot.

Both times I was over on that side of the park, my shot of Wild Goose Island would've been staring straight into the afternoon sun :sigh: Oh well, maybe in another few years.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Mountain in the distance by jpitha, on Flickr

I normally don't like things all lined up and centered, but I like how this one came out.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
More aspens.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shampoo posted:

Mountain in the distance by jpitha, on Flickr

I normally don't like things all lined up and centered, but I like how this one came out.

Only one throwing this off is that silver van. The image is absolutely stuffed with vertical lines, and then the van comes in and messes it all up.

hybr1d
Sep 24, 2002

Whitezombi posted:

More aspens.

I can't help but wonder what those would look like with snow and in black & white. Are these Aspen groves easy to reach from the road? I've always wanted to grab some in the winter, but have never have.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

hybr1d posted:

I can't help but wonder what those would look like with snow and in black & white. Are these Aspen groves easy to reach from the road? I've always wanted to grab some in the winter, but have never have.

I wouldn't want to drive up there without a 4x4. Other than that just dress for cold & snow and start hiking.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

scottch posted:

Nice! We've had lots of fog here lately. Glad you got some of it

DSC_0044.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

New thread: Landscapes II: Making swamps look sexy. This is a great photo. I've really been drawn to swamps lately. Its only a matter of time before I cause an accident on the highway when driving slower by one of those swamps with the dead trees and eagle nests abound.

edit: maybe crop it more horizontally though?

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Below by TomOlson, on Flickr

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Dusty Roads by jpitha, on Flickr

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Highway, Gifu, 2013 by alkanphel, on Flickr

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

DSCF2573.jpg by fuglsnef, on Flickr

DSCF2565.jpg by fuglsnef, on Flickr

DSCF2569.jpg by fuglsnef, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Whitezombi posted:

More aspens.

Really great. Well done.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Sludge Tank posted:

Really great. Well done.

Thanks.

I'm moving into a new place.

studio apartment by natebol, on Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Whitezombi posted:

Thanks.

I like it's open floor plan.

hybr1d
Sep 24, 2002

I dunno, I am left wondering if the mattress is dirty-side-up or not, which throws off the balance/composition.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Whitezombi posted:

Thanks.

read the title as Student apartment.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
I tagged along with some goon-fellows on an evening shooting escapade last weekend.

This is what I ended up with... I was the only fool shooting digital so I guess that means I get the benefit of beating them all to the punch in posting.

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

I can't believe it's not fake rock!

Bedding Scribbles by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Cascade by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Trickle by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

Marshmallow Blue posted:

New thread: Landscapes II: Making swamps look sexy. This is a great photo. I've really been drawn to swamps lately. Its only a matter of time before I cause an accident on the highway when driving slower by one of those swamps with the dead trees and eagle nests abound.

edit: maybe crop it more horizontally though?

You may be right about the crop, thanks.

Swamps/bogs are a lot of fun to shoot, but can be real loving difficult to get into. That one was just next to someone's driveway, but having to walk through any of it would have been impossible, hip-waders or no. Mud so thick it'd never let go. Going to try walking through more of them once they start to freeze over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Taken on Highway 1 In California.