Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Aranea is the best thing to happen to this comic in a long time and the best outcome that tragically won't happen would be for her plan to come to a complete success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Pleasant Friend posted:

Aranea is the best thing to happen to this comic in a long time and the best outcome that tragically won't happen would be for her plan to come to a complete success.

I wouldn't say that, but she's just being so charmingly terrible right now. Now all she needs is a few slaves to charismatically beat while stabbing someone plot important and everything will be wonderful and over the top.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Anyone thinking Roxy's out of the picture for long isn't taking Meenah into account. Even if she isn't briefed by whatever's left of the ghosts, Vriska can wake her up and Meenah can make her disaspear from the Dream Bubbles.

And Aradia can give a winning smile.

(What are the odds The ring will change hands to a couple different ghosts?)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh crap, dream ghost something Dirk.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I think most likely brain ghost Dirk's realness attribute reaches critical mass but he dies heroically trying to help Roxy, so all Dave sees when he arrives is another dead Bro. Gotta drag that meetup out another couple months.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Bell_ posted:

(What are the odds The ring will change hands to a couple different ghosts?)

It will change so many hands it will eventually end up in Hussie's hands once more.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
...That sure is a green curtain. :ohdear:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh.

poo poo.

Um. Run, Callie?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say this time it's not the person we just saw falling asleep that's entering a dreambubble.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Callie, you dork, stop feeling loving bad about yourself and take action!

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.
That curtain looks like it's probably the lovely Homosuck one, so I guess John was knocked out by the Dave pile. It's that or LE himself somehow.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Shouldn't her eyes be white instead of black? Unless she went blind since we last saw her.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
It's Caliborn. He has finally discovered Calliope and is prepared to execute his ultimate objective. Said objective is actually showing his lovely Homosuck puppet show off to his sister.

It turns out neither Cherub is Lord English, whose life we are introduced to in a sequence spanning several months.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

WhiffleballDude posted:

Shouldn't her eyes be white instead of black? Unless she went blind since we last saw her.

Weren't her eyes black last time too? I don't know what it means.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Her eyes were white when she disguised as Callie Opheee when she didn't want to show Roxy her true self. When she was a cherub, her eyes were black.

They look kinda empty. I wonder if that's how Cherub eyes are when they're dead. Considering Lord English has billiard ball eyes and not actual eyes, I'm wondering if Lord English being Already Dead is going to be an actual thing.

Maybe that's how he's so indestructible. :v:

EDIT: billiard ball, not cue ball

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Sep 17, 2013

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Dire Wombat posted:

That curtain looks like it's probably the lovely Homosuck one, so I guess John was knocked out by the Dave pile. It's that or LE himself somehow.

Curtain? Not exactly.

And yes, her eyes were black last time. Dead Cherubs have black eyes instead of white, apparently.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Color Printer posted:

Her eyes were white when she disguised as Callie Opheee when she didn't want to show Roxy her true self. When she was a cherub, her eyes were black.

They look kinda empty. I wonder if that's how Cherub eyes are when they're dead. Considering Lord English has cueball eyes and not actual eyes, I'm wondering if Lord English being Already Dead is going to be an actual thing.

That...

... makes a surprising amount of sense. :stare:

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Color Printer posted:

They look kinda empty. I wonder if that's how Cherub eyes are when they're dead. Considering Lord English has cueball eyes and not actual eyes, I'm wondering if Lord English being Already Dead is going to be an actual thing.

How can you hope to defeat me... WHEN I AM ALREADY DEAD?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
It would certainly explain how he has immortality without any conditions: being already amongst the undead, his immortality is ensured by his un-existence.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
He does travel around in a giant sarcophagus, after all.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
So Roxy could steal his non-life from him and render him mortal. I think we've cracked it! :haw:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Give him a big sloppy kiss.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Huh, Jade doesn't have dead eyes. Curious.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Paul.Power posted:

Give it a few minutes. It might be unintentional- the whole alive/dead thing seems to lead to a lot of panel corrections.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Paul.Power posted:

She may also just not be dead yet! Which would explain why Roxy isn't around, too.

We haven't seen any dead kids before though, have we? White eyes might look even creepier than usual.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Looper posted:

She may also just not be dead yet! Which would explain why Roxy isn't around, too.

We haven't seen any dead kids before though, have we? White eyes might look even creepier than usual.
The only one I can think of offhand is Doomed Timeline John.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also maybe dead Dave?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Oh, right! Oops. Well I maintain that white-on-white looks more unsettling than white-on-gray but not as bad as black-on-green.

Anyway, I really should have seen this meeting coming, considering how much cherub heads resemble Oz's big floating head.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Non-grimbark Jade and Callie in the same location? I need a word that combines 'adorable' and 'singularity'...

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

I'd say Jade doesn't have blank eyes because she doesn't realize that she's dead yet, but when that happened in the past the recently defunct were in their own bubbles.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

escape mechanism posted:

I'd say Jade doesn't have blank eyes because she doesn't realize that she's dead yet, but when that happened in the past the recently defunct were in their own bubbles.

Alternatively, she doesn't have dead eyes because paradox space is having trouble acknowledging Serket's cheating

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

This scene could be starting when Jade got KO'd, and then we'll suddenly see her get the creepo eyes mid-scene.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Wyld Karde posted:

Non-grimbark Jade and Callie in the same location? I need a word that combines 'adorable' and 'singularity'...

Singularable?

Also, is it me or is Calliope's troll-ghost-camo less convincing than before? Her head looks really weird.

Radiochromatic
Feb 17, 2011
Wasn't Jane on the way to revive Jade, though. Yeah we have mind controlled Gamzee hurtling down on top of her, but who's to say that during all of Aranea's exposition and smugness that Jane wasn't able to get off a quick revival blast? I mean, I really don't think Jade would exactly not remember her own death considering that the Dreamself she was prototyped with was pretty familiar and happy with being dead. Unless mind control messes with that? Really difficult to see where this is going to go, but the Yellow Brick Road homage hints at Calliope beginning her journey.
Makes sense that it's Jade who would help her along, since she is a Witch of Space, and Calliope actually IS space itself. If anyone can help Calliope out, it would be one who can change her in some significant way.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm not going to make any guesses, any number of reasons could be the case here. Better to just see how this conversation plays out first.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Weird that they seem to know each other. Was Callie one of the friends Dreamself Jade made while dead?

I really hope this isn't a trick.

edit: Oz reference compilation:
- Green skullface / hiding behind a curtain / references to a 'powerful wizard'
- The yellow brick road does that spiral thing in the munchkin village
- Jade is paraphrasing Glinda, the Good Witch of the North

edit2: Worst pun possible: Roxy shows up, dreaming, and we get a representative of the Lullaby League reference

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 17, 2013

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The neat thing is even if Araneatime gets undone, this meeting will probably still happen due to weird dream bubble bullshit. So there can be a retcon and Aranea could still accomplish something important anyway with her destructive proactiveness, depending on what happens here.

Don't stop believin'

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Well, think about what happened when Dorothy and friends met the man behind the curtain. They got their loot :getin:

I guess since Jade is basically the entire movie rolled into one character (she's been stuffed, a tin man, a beast, a good witch and a bad witch, and she's got the slippers) I guess this means Callie Ohpeee will be giving her a brain, a heart, da noirve, and a way back home.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Calliope come to the end of the road and realizes she was the giant skull monster all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Uh oh :ohdear: