Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
A professor that I had last year said I had a smile on my face, as opposed to last year where he said I looked perpetually grumpy. So that's good, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
PAYDAY :yayclod:

No really, 3 months ago this time I was broke after being unemployed for 5 months. Good to have some security back.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
2/3 of the classes I'm currently teaching are AWESOME. They are the best-behaved middle-schoolers imaginable, and more than make up for the other 1/3.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
i blasted the crap out of my legs today, Hard core. Starting to see definition in my body is really making me feel great about myself

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Received some books I ordered:)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Morning: Took my dog to the local humane society's dog fest whatever and got to hang out with him and a bunch of other dogs for a couple hours.

Afternoon: Magic Celebration Day, which meant a bunch of free cards for me to restart this terrible habit (and then some cheap boosters after the fact)

Night: Michigan football beat Notre Dame in their last annual meeting, and I made the final (hopefully) corrections to my Master's thesis which means I can finally submit everything for my degree next week!

A Good Day :toot:

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 05:13 on Sep 8, 2013

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Seamonster posted:

No really, 3 months ago this time I was broke after being unemployed for 5 months. Good to have some security back.

And even though you/we know it's utter bullshit you still get that feeling of being worth something, and it's wonderful.

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.

Seamonster posted:

Woop woop new jobbies club
Although that didn't happen to me today specifically so I can't talk about it here now. But that first paycheck after not having anything for a few months is pretty dang awesome.

Someone drunk dialed me at 2 AM today. It was a really weird conversation and would probably not seem awesome to a normal person but it was kind of awesome for me.

Maybe it's just because of the name of the thread but I think I'm over-using "awesome", it's starting to sound like a foreign word

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]
My day was awesome today because I was recognized for something awesome that happened at work and even my VP came to talk to me about it.

Also, I'm a wife! I married my best friend on Saturday (Rupert Buttermilk) and it's really hit me today that I'm his WIFE. It feels AMAZING :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

jennyinstereo posted:

My day was awesome today because I was recognized for something awesome that happened at work and even my VP came to talk to me about it.

Also, I'm a wife! I married my best friend on Saturday (Rupert Buttermilk) and it's really hit me today that I'm his WIFE. It feels AMAZING :allears:

Also, just to add to this, Saturday was the best day of my life.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
Today is my last day of work. I've been stuck at a job I hated for the past 4 years. I've been searching for a new job for 3 of those 4 years. I finally decided to go back to school and I start in 2 weeks. Today is the end of a lovely part of my life and the beginning of a fresh start and I am so excited.
And while I hated my job I didn't hate all the people, and my friends are taking me out to lunch today and bought me a pumpkin spice latte this morning and have really made me feel loved.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm dating a guy that treats me like I'm the most precious thing on earth. After only dating people who didn't treat me right, I've been grinning like an idiot EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I mean, he stopped me just to kiss me in the rain today. Goddamn, can you get any cuter. :3:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Had my birthday party today. Everyone I invited came, plus a couple more. I'm not the most sociable person, so 11 people in my house is a pretty bug deal. Had a great time playing Magic and Cards Against Humanity, plus lots of alcohol and BBQ. Just an overall great day.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
We paid way more money than necessary to go to the Seahawks home opener yesterday but it was so worth it. The fans were amazing. The Hawks won. I got a new Sherman jersey and today I sound like a teenage boy going through puberty. Awesome experience all around.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Sociopastry posted:

I'm dating a guy that treats me like I'm the most precious thing on earth. After only dating people who didn't treat me right, I've been grinning like an idiot EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I mean, he stopped me just to kiss me in the rain today. Goddamn, can you get any cuter. :3:

The other day my boyfriend and I were laying in bed after waking up, he was stroking my hair/face and said "How did I get so lucky?" :3:

Cute boyfriend club! A welcome change after dating someone who didn't treat me wrong or anything but he was very... ambivalent? "Ambivalent" sounds kinda mean-spirited but I can't think of a better word.

I also got my school refund money today, and I'm getting lab access for my new year-long research job on campus within the week. :toot:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Two things made yesterday awesome.

One of them was being able to turn up at HMV early and be 2nd in line for the GTA V launch. I got the game AND the special edition book, and even got myself photographed for the local paper. :)

But the better thing? Before that, I served a trans lady at work. Watching her face light up when I called her "madam" was amazing. :3:

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
I got high like a motherfucking kite on Tramadol and marathoned My Little Pony dubbed in Japanese. That's my idea of a day well-spent.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

I got high like a motherfucking kite on Tramadol and marathoned My Little Pony dubbed in Japanese. That's my idea of a day well-spent.
Best username/post combo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Today is my 1 year anniversary at work! :woop: This is the longest I've stayed with a full-time employer ever (I changed jobs a lot before I found this one.) They got me a card and had a bunch of people sign it :3:.

Also in 10 days time I am flying to Chicago to spend a weekend with a very attractive woman who has been texting me about new things she's learned in yoga and how she's excited to try them out with me. We will also get deep dish pizza at some point.

:hellyeah:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I had an amazing phone interview for an exciting internship!

My in-person interview is on Monday! :buddy:

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Those who ride against us will be murdered where they stand
One of my kitties had a blockage in his urinary tract earlier this week. This morning, we took him back to his vet, and he is doing much better and should be recovered in a few more days.

It just feels good to know that we aren't going to have to worry about the little guy being in pain anymore :3:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Went shopping with my mom for wedding invites! Not only did we find the perfect invite set (complete with RSVPs and table placers), but we also found a gorgeous dress for her. A nice midnight blue satin with black lace over the top, and a window in the back. No "MOB" dress here, all fabulous! :bigtran:

Also... in two hours, my friends show up for my birthday party. PARTY HARD PARTY HARD :supaburn:

Ambellina, I'm so glad your kitty is okay! Now give him lots of treats and love. :3:

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I found a place for my kitties and the Sunshine Home folks were so nice and understanding.

I got to go to a yarn store! It was great! So much to pet!

I am happy I'm learning to knit. Crafting is marvelous. I'm a bit sad the start of my scarf is really screwy, but the improvement is dramatic, so I think I'll keep it to remind myself.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Yesterday I got to participate in one of the oldest, still running, festivals in the world!

I also got an apple thrown at me that hit me right in the chest which was less awesome but hey! Free apples!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The Detroit Lions won a road game by holding on to a lead late in the game! :toot:

This was yesterday, but I paid $25 for a Magic prerelease event and opened up nearly $60 worth of cards and got lots of trading done with those.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I fit into size 0 pants for the first time today! :toot: :toot: :toot:

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
My weekend was awesome. An older relative has a summer cabin in an area hit pretty bad by the recent Colorado floods. The roads either didn't exist, had water on them, or had 4 foot deep gouges in them, so we had to backpack in. The cabin was ok, despite being right next to the river.

The other part that was good was that there are people in the area that are staying put and they have rigged hand made bridges over streams, marked trails and distributed supplies. There was one neighbor to the cabin who stays there year round, and she was still there. We had brought extra canned food for her since we had heard that she was there, and while we were there someone else came by with water for her. Keep in mind this involves driving over bad roads, then walking until you get to a river, then crossing the river on something you hope won't fall down, then hiking a trail until you get near and then bushwacking until you find a place to wade across another river. People really were looking after each other.

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
Started a new workout class at a new martial arts studio today. Had to get up and be there by 06:30, but it was sooooo worth it. My rear end has been kicked and I'm looking forward to my future classes.
I'm a little dumpy old lady goon and it's amazing how good this feels.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My first time using the crockpot turned out wonderfully :woop: Admittedly it's just potato soup, not exactly difficult but still! Progress!

Murder Hats
Nov 16, 2008

"You need to put as much focus on work as you give to getting the perfect reCaptcha phrase!"
/
:backtowork:
The boss I hate wasn't at work today! :neckbeard:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Finally got a job offer! :hellyeah: What a relief.

E: Then I found $7 on the ground coming back from helping my girlfriend move some stuff at work.

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 00:52 on Sep 25, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I've missed this one brand of pizza-flavoured chips since I was a kid. They were a limited edition at the time, and I loved the hell out of them. Today I found out they were doing another run. It's only another limited edition, but damned if I won't enjoy them while I can :yum:.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Somehow counted my mortgage twice last month in my lovely book keeping, turns out I have more money than I thought I did.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Me and my wife have been experiencing a few troubles as of late. Her contract at her job won't be extended next month due to suffering from Multiple sclerosis, which will likely be a bit of a strain for us in the future. Financially, we're always carefully watching our expenses, so this has added quite a bit of stress. Next to that, a couple of things have been breaking down around the house as well, the big one being the fridge. We've decided to not hire someone to look at it to save expenses, and been using a small fridge-box to store our food. Basically, we've been in a bit of a rut.

Then this morning, my boss gave me call...

• He's renovating his kitchen at home and getting a new fridge. We can take over his old one for free, no costs involved.
  • Because he heard of the troubles we might be facing with my wife losing her job, he's offering to include me into an exciting project they've been working on. It'll mean that I will have to spend some extra hours per week working, but it'll be enough to compensate for the money we'll be losing.

Honestly, I've been working for the past hour behind my desk, trying to restrain to let out an big, exciting whoop. With one phone call, a lot of worries I've been having recently might be solved. I couldn't be more excited.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
I got a tea infuser shaped like a manatee :D A manatea!

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I'm moving across the city on Saturday, and we've had a lot of our friends offer to come help out. For some reason I always think of asking for help with moving as being some kind of terrible thing, so it's a huge relief to know that my friends want to help out.

ejstheman
Feb 11, 2004
I finished renovating an old dresser my friend gave me. It used to be alternating green and blue drawers with alternating blue and green pulls, and a purple chassis. Now the whole thing is semi-gloss black, except for the drawer pulls, which glow in the dark as an accent. I also realized the legs weren't exactly the same length, and rearranged them so that it would be level without there being one partly-unscrewed leg. Inside the drawers, I removed the shelf paper, cleaned up with methanol, and recoated with polyurethane. It took ages because I would get off track every time I had to wait for something to dry, but it's finally done, and I love the results. I'm pretty depressed, and I don't do as many things as I would like, so I feel great that I did a thing.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

We just figured out how expenses will go with my husband's new job and my raise... and finally it looks like we'll be able to get rid of our debt and pretty much start fresh. Holy poo poo.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm on a business trip halfway around the world from home, and I found out that thanks to a mix-up on the airline's part I get to go home tomorrow night rather than Monday night, two full days earlier than expected :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Made steak for the first time and the inside looked how I wanted it to :toot: