Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Liar posted:

Actually right then he cared about taking a serious piss.

Note to everyone, while building a shelter from monsters include toilets.

One Punch Man: Cares about fighting, sale prices, and pissing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Say Nothing posted:

One Punch Man: Cares about fighting, sale prices, and pissing.

His golden stream of justice could probably douse a forest fire. Hell, if he accidentally pissed on your foot at the urinal it'd probably tear your goddamn leg off.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Holy poo poo this series. I binged through the Jump version and then the webcomic. It's one of the best series I've seen and I thoroughly enjoyed every part of it. Are we allowed to talk about the original webcomic version by ONE or is this thread just for version by jump?

This series is just perfect for animation and the original webcomic lays out some really great scenes despite the fact that Murata is a much better artist.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Kegslayer posted:

Holy poo poo this series. I binged through the Jump version and then the webcomic. It's one of the best series I've seen and I thoroughly enjoyed every part of it. Are we allowed to talk about the original webcomic version by ONE or is this thread just for version by jump?

This series is just perfect for animation and the original webcomic lays out some really great scenes despite the fact that Murata is a much better artist.

There's a thread for ONE's version here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3559267

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kegslayer posted:

There's a separate thread for the original ONE version.

Poke
Mar 1, 2004
Any news on a new issue? Wasn't it supposed to be out earlier this week?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Poke posted:

Any news on a new issue? Wasn't it supposed to be out earlier this week?

Yeah I mean come on man, daddy needs his smack or i'm gonna end it :emo:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm wondering if Murata's artwork on One Punch Man is considered even better the Kentaro Miura's art on Berserk, which I would consider probably the best drawn manga i've seen.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Say Nothing posted:

I'm wondering if Murata's artwork on One Punch Man is considered even better the Kentaro Miura's art on Berserk, which I would consider probably the best drawn manga i've seen.

I think they're both slightly beaten out by I Am A Hero, which comes out at a break-neck pace for how awesome it looks. With Berserk it's like... yeah, it better be good if you're not updating for a year.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not familiar with I Am A Hero, but the art looks pretty good. I may just have to give it a read.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Say Nothing posted:

It's kind of hard to compare at some point. They're both amazing, though Murata has the massive edge when it comes to rate of production. I don't doubt that Murata could do huge spreads that are all elaborately shaded by cross hatching rather than screen-toned but I also suspect Miura could sets of well done semi-animated sequences.

Saying one artist is better than another is already tricky, you couldn't really compare 'Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei' and Blade of the Immortal for example since one is highly stylised and one is highly realistic (okay, that's maybe not the best example but you should know what I'm failing to say).

It's all, like, subjective, man. Ya dig?

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

I'm not familiar with I Am A Hero, but the art looks pretty good. I may just have to give it a read.

It's possibly the best Zombie manga written.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Thoren posted:

Spoiler that poo poo. You ruin the entire first volume by saying that much.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
NEET is supposed to make us all wish he were punched in the face, but then we wouldn't love Saitama so much. I'm glad the event unfolded the way they did so Saitama showed how great a hero he is, even if NEET's logic was rather awful. Also, it drives the plot. We can't have Saitama recognized as the greatest hero of all time yet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Saitama is the strongest, not the most heroic. Time after time, that has been Genos' role.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Saitama is the strongest, not the most heroic. Time after time, that has been Genos' role.

Genos is brave the way Saitama is strong, in that he doesn't know how much or what that extent means.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Serious Frolicking posted:

Geno's heroism pales in comparison to Licenseless Rider's.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I have to wonder if even without a flesh and blood body the rules of the Onepunch universe will someday apply to him, and he'll achieve superior power just through his own desperate effort to everyday strive to be the best hero there is.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Liar posted:

I have to wonder if even without a flesh and blood body the rules of the Onepunch universe will someday apply to him, and he'll achieve superior power just through his own desperate effort to everyday strive to be the best hero there is.

So far it hasn't worked for Licenceless Rider, though. One of the strongest sense of justice and heroism in the series, but he's still weak when it comes to actual fighting.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Remember that Saitama's desire was to be the overwhelming hero who shows up and saves the day with one punch.

By contrast Licenseless Rider seems to want to help people however, and apparently does a really good job with the things more powerful heroes wouldn't bother with.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Liar posted:

Remember the henchman of Miss Blizzard (guy with glasses) who Saitama talked to? He went off to train by himself. Maybe he'll be the next Saitama.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Thoren posted:

You really were not kidding, 2nd volume in and I am loving it!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Liar posted:

Genos has the overwhelming desire to crush the cyborg that ruined his town.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 17, 2013

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
one spoilers

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 18, 2013

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Soylentbits posted:

They're probably the same person.

Metal knight doesn't really get his hands dirty,

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 17, 2013

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AtomikKrab posted:

ONE spoilerssss

Hey you, no ONE spoilers here :argh:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

international owl day posted:

Hey you, no ONE spoilers here :argh:

:sigh: right right let me scrub them from existing, i'm just jonesing for the next issue to be released is all.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

AtomikKrab posted:

:sigh: right right let me scrub them from existing, i'm just jonesing for the next issue to be released is all.

If I saw the Tonarinoyj tweet right, it was delayed to the 19th for some reason.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Can the other people who posted or quoted spoilers get rid of them as well? I was completely ambushed there since they are unmarked.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Apocron posted:

Can the other people who posted or quoted spoilers get rid of them as well? I was completely ambushed there since they are unmarked.

You mean the ones about I am a hero? Its too late for me now, I read half way through the first issue, and came back and looked at this thread again and got spoiled. :sigh:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Stay on topic you morons.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Zorak posted:

Stay on topic you morons.

Well I started Saitama's strength training. After 35 days I have to say its pretty intense.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
6 months later...

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Well I started Saitama's strength training. After 35 days I have to say its pretty intense.

Soon your posts will literally explode our computers.

I wonder how Saitama stays in shape now that he basically sits around eating discount food all day.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Liar posted:

I wonder how Saitama stays in shape now that he basically sits around eating discount food all day.

He still does his training it just takes him like 3 minutes to do it all now, and most of that is him stopping to check out a special sale sign at the shop.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Liar posted:

I imagine beating monsters into paste is a relatively good workout, focusing on the muscles you need to beat a monster into paste.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Liar posted:

I think he is eating discount vegetables. I can't imagine him fighting monsters is giving him much of a workout if he's killing them all in one punch.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Clearly, his training regimen was so intense he built up hundreds of years worth of queued exercise in addition to his strength.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I bet you've been using air conditioning, cheater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hang in there! Only 1,060 days to go!