Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Think about how many mooks we can massacre at once with next gen hardware :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

While those screenshots look amazing, is there any hope that the new Dynasty Warriors Gundam will get a PS4 release? :ohdear:

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

KoB posted:

Think about how many mooks we can massacre at once with next gen hardware :getin:

If there's less phasing problems, I dream of it. I always hated it in 7 / 8 / WO3 taking a meaty swipe with Guan Yu's C5, and then seeing jerks pop in behind the arc that should've been hit.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
They better not pull a DW6 on us again. I'll be so mad. :mad:

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

OatmealRaisin posted:

They better not pull a DW6 on us again. I'll be so mad. :mad:

Worry about that whenever 9's supposed to roll around.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

At least a new generation means that we can all start over again in more ways than one. Like the Xbox 360 people here should really, really think about transitioning to PS4. It hurt seeing all those Warriors fans on here and other sites being told to screw off by TK.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Policenaut posted:

Here's a few screenshots for Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends on PS4, for fun here's a comparison image between PS3 and PS4 versions.

PlayStation 3...

Becomes PlayStation 4!

Welp. I guess I'm getting a PS4 at launch after all. All for the ragdoll mooks.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyJlakY3v-U

Okay now they're just making poo poo up. "Thanks to the PS4 we can have dynamic motion so animations don't look the same every time".

Uh, guys, people have been doing that on the PS3 since pretty early in its lifespan. People who know what they are doing.

edit: I might buy it just to have a proper screenshot function though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 12, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Here's a trailer for Samurai Warriors 2 with Xtreme Legends & Empires HD Version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84eTqiUS3go

And some screenshots to boot. I was thinking about importing this for Vita but hahaha it's digital only because Koei.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I still need to finish up SW2XL on 360. :smith:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Koei posted this to one of their Facebook pages:

Apparently they are putting real work into the port?

edit: granted, it looks like basically the same model, but with better textures...

abagofcheetos fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 15, 2013

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
The model isn't quite the same. His nose, for instance, is different.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
The character models should be based on original artwork from the book.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Parlett316 posted:

The character models should be based on original artwork from the book.
Some are, like Zhang He.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

PureRok posted:

The model isn't quite the same. His nose, for instance, is different.
You've also got something approaching a smirk on the PS4 version.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Fa Zheng is joining the cast in Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends. His weapon is a "connected cloth".

For your amusement, please enjoy this edited version of the Tecmo Koei PS3/PS4 comparison image.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
...For some reason I now have the Terminator 2 opening theme in my head, and I can't think why.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Since Yu Jin is going to be a new officer, I saw this and thought it'd be good to post. It's always the small things like this outside of the games that are pretty interesting!

"Cao Cao was extremely disappointed to hear that Yu Jin had begged Guan Yu to spare his life. After Guan Yu was defeated by Lu Meng, Yu Jin was set free. However, after Cao Cao's death he was ordered by Cao Pi to travel to Cao Cao's tomb in order to pay his respects. At Cao Cao's tomb Yu Jin saw that there was a depiction of himself begging to Guan Yu to spare his life. Unable to bear the anger and shame, Yu Jin fell ill."

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Lunethex posted:

Since Yu Jin is going to be a new officer, I saw this and thought it'd be good to post. It's always the small things like this outside of the games that are pretty interesting!

"Cao Cao was extremely disappointed to hear that Yu Jin had begged Guan Yu to spare his life. After Guan Yu was defeated by Lu Meng, Yu Jin was set free. However, after Cao Cao's death he was ordered by Cao Pi to travel to Cao Cao's tomb in order to pay his respects. At Cao Cao's tomb Yu Jin saw that there was a depiction of himself begging to Guan Yu to spare his life. Unable to bear the anger and shame, Yu Jin fell ill."

Ancient Chinese burns are always the sickest of burns.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

7 and a half minute long trailer/gameplay video for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate explaining Unlimited Mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMQkcBLMuMw

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
I also recall something about "the military exploits" of Zhuge Liang in lore being historically Fa Zheng and Liu Bei's (seriously), with of course Zhou Yu as the lead at Chibi and Sun Ce as apparently the other top military strategist of the time (or rather commander), while Zhuge Liang was but instead the firstmost domestic administrator of his time.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Chortles posted:

I also recall something about "the military exploits" of Zhuge Liang in lore being historically Fa Zheng and Liu Bei's (seriously), with of course Zhou Yu as the lead at Chibi and Sun Ce as apparently the other top military strategist of the time (or rather commander), while Zhuge Liang was but instead the firstmost domestic administrator of his time.

That's pretty accurate. Many of Zhuge Liang's novel strategies were historically attributed to Liu Bei, Fa Zheng, Zhang Fei or Wei Yan.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Chortles posted:

Ridiculous. Next you'll be telling me he wasn't actually a wizard who could control the weather.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

7 and a half minute long trailer/gameplay video for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate explaining Unlimited Mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMQkcBLMuMw
Oh weird, you can split up and try to explore dungeon floors faster that way, looks almost like Tartarus in Persona 3.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Policenaut posted:

At least a new generation means that we can all start over again in more ways than one. Like the Xbox 360 people here should really, really think about transitioning to PS4. It hurt seeing all those Warriors fans on here and other sites being told to screw off by TK.

Already planning on it. I actually forgot to take this series into consideration for next gen.

So jazzed for DWG4. I'm still behind on releases, haven't played a DW since 7.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I really hope they give 360 releases to DWG4 and SW4 but I've resigned myself to not being able to play XL. Again. :sigh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

PS4 version trailer for Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzsBw_LZwiw

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/91254/Building+the+Empire%3A+The+Dynasty+Warriors+story a discussion on DW by gamesreactor.eu

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Orochi 2 (3) Ultimate comes out semi-today in Japan, but I can't figure out how much new content it actually has. A bunch of new characters yeah, but many new stages and stuff? I might want to buy it but also maybe not, I can't decide.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Orochi 2 (3) Ultimate comes out semi-today in Japan, but I can't figure out how much new content it actually has. A bunch of new characters yeah, but many new stages and stuff? I might want to buy it but also maybe not, I can't decide.

Off the top of my head, a prequel story mode for the series, and a sequel story mode for the normal ending I guess? And then there's Unlimited mode and all the junk in the other remakes, plus a number of gameplay additions like the "Hold Button to Ride Horse" idea from 8 and aerial specials. I'm sure Policenaut knows more.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

They're also keeping the Kitsune character under wraps so I'm assuming she'll be the antagonist of the add-on story.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The GIG posted:

Off the top of my head, a prequel story mode for the series, and a sequel story mode for the normal ending I guess? And then there's Unlimited mode and all the junk in the other remakes, plus a number of gameplay additions like the "Hold Button to Ride Horse" idea from 8 and aerial specials. I'm sure Policenaut knows more.
Hold button to ride horse eh? That might sell it right there.

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Holding down the horse summon button to auto-mount is something that should be standard from now on in every game with horses. I felt like a stunt guy every time I would mount Red Hare, while I was already running in a direction, and without losing any momentum.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Question for you folks, I was thinking of buying DW7 XL to continue my stuff in DW7, but I know 8 came out. Is 8 a better package overall than DW7+XL? It seems pretty well liked but I figure I'd ask before dropping some money on either one.

They still haven't done anything crazy story wise like Lu Bu's story mode in 6 have they?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

dreffen posted:

Question for you folks, I was thinking of buying DW7 XL to continue my stuff in DW7, but I know 8 came out. Is 8 a better package overall than DW7+XL? It seems pretty well liked but I figure I'd ask before dropping some money on either one.

They still haven't done anything crazy story wise like Lu Bu's story mode in 6 have they?

7XL adds a handful of new stages that weren't represented in the story modes in 7 or are remakes of stages from older games. Personally I loved them and they shouldn't really take that long to do them all. I would pick up XL to play those levels and maybe mess around with some other things and then pick up 8 once you're satisfied with 7XL. But if you absolutely can only get one game between now and whenever then you might as well just get 8 because it's got a hell of a lot more content and has better gameplay.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Anyone have an idea how existing DLC for Orochi 2 (3) interacts with Ultimate?

Also, can you just permanently switch to your three characters all operating independently, or is that a limited time thing?

edit: goddamn why can't they ever keep their numbering straight!

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 27, 2013

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I think they said the DLC carries over.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Orochi 3 Ultimate Opening

Hey, I was right! That Kitsune character is the antagonist after all.

e.

Some new information on the Koei Wiki too if you're interested, talking about how there are unique versions triple bursts on top of the ones available and all characters can fight at once by just tapping Down on the d-pad. I'm pretty sure that each character getting a 2nd skill as well is news too. Also Technique characters can press X when hit to shift behind their attacker.

Also there's this Japanese user playing who uses some of the new features as well.

e2.

New items! (The new ones don't have icons yet, and oh boy those extra item slots were definitely needed!)
New attributes (:drat: holy poo poo Omnipotent)

WELP

New Normal Attributes

New Gold Attributes

Just imagine...
Trilateral|Tempest|Absorption|Agility
Omnipotent| x x x

The attributes to give you powerups sound really loving cool too, and having the Attack one would just be ungodly.

e3.

:siren:Be careful about reading certain character's pages, there are spoilers.

e4.

You can use trinity attacks on Horseback now :allears:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 27, 2013

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Uh, why is it that English wiki has more info than any Japanese one I can find?

edit: I ordered the PSN bucks and committed to buying it. I just can't keep away from Orochi. There are two versions of it on the PSN though, one that's 5400 and one that's 5800, I can't tell what the difference is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Uh, why is it that English wiki has more info than any Japanese one I can find?

edit: I ordered the PSN bucks and committed to buying it. I just can't keep away from Orochi. There are two versions of it on the PSN though, one that's 5400 and one that's 5800, I can't tell what the difference is.

You could import it from play-asia, but can you show a picture of the two different sales?