Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Webcomics are fun. Crossovers are fun. People are having fun and enjoying themselves respectfully. Why's it matter to you whether they're cool enough to play with the cool kids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Yeah, if anything, it'll get more people to check out GC.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cat Mattress posted:

What the heck. I hope Tom gave his okay for that. (He probably did because he's swell.)

Still, GC is a good comic, S&W... isn't. Seeing a character from GC used in S&W therefore infuriates me.

I've never read Sandra & Woo. What's so bad about it?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

I've never read Sandra & Woo. What's so bad about it?

It's not offensive or anything; it's just kind of bland and humourless.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 207 days!

VanSandman posted:

My friend, as someone who has a long experience of having jokes fly over my head, you just got whooshed.

Your avatar is also perfect for this post. The headmaster is all "eh, I been there bro."

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Tenebrais posted:

It's not offensive or anything; it's just kind of bland and humourless.

Maybe it's funnier in German...?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Man, Ysengrin. Way to make good on your guarantee of Annie's safety. :colbert:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gently caress! It's another arthropod! Get outta there Annie!

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Okay, Annie totally needs to burn that fucker up.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Alright, time to mediate Annie! Put all that training to use.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Buzz in deed.
She is back in the real world. It's probably one of these monsters, who just put you to sleep in order to lay eggs in your eyes.
I like the shadows in the last pannel.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I must say the coyote band through Annie's hair is very pretty.

...Oh my god! It's a giant wasp! :gonk:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Oh my, what a beautiful giant rainbow wasp.

KILL IT WITH FIRE! :gonk:

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Quick Annie! Open all the windows and hide in the shower!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can't figure out what kind of wasp that is. A red wasp maybe? That parasitic black wasp?0

Can we get an entomologist in the house?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
No, no, you're supposed to spray it with window cleaner because it's the only thing on hand.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

RandomPauI posted:

I can't figure out what kind of wasp that is. A red wasp maybe? That parasitic black wasp?0

Looks technicolor to me :toot:

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.

RandomPauI posted:

Pretty sure it's the Seed Beesmuth.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 207 days!

cell posted:

Pretty sure it's the Seed Beesmuth.

:golfclap:

This chapter is keeping me guessing. I wonder what it is a "crash course" in. Etherial predators? The secret, sinister nature of the Seed? Use of Coyote's Etherial form as a fashion accessory?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think it's a Ysengrin-administered crash course in "not being weak". Personally I doubt that Ysengrin meant for Annie to run off on her own while in Fun City, probably for precisely the reasons we're seeing right now: crazy technicolor lying bug-wasp things.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Jesus Christ, where's a rolled up newspaper when you need it? Seriously. gently caress wasps. They are the assholes of the sky. I can only imagine what an unmitigated dick a magic wasp would be.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

SynthOrange posted:

gently caress! It's another arthropod! Get outta there Annie!

ARTHROPOD!

I had my money on "actually is the seed bismuth but is a lying sinister bastard anyway," but that is definitely starting to look like it's completely wrong.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Calm down guys it's just Kat.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.
Well, the guy who predicted that Ysengrin would beat up all the dudes and then one would confront Annie personally was sorta right.

That said: Get the deluxe-sized electrical flyswatter Annie! Burn that sucker to a crisp!

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
What? There's a webcomic better than GC?

YOU'RE LYING!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

The villain has been unmasked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5zAPCwCh40

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Now that vague shape in the middle of the last page makes sense. I hope she brought a really big shoe to throw at that thing.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Annie, if you don't get your burn on right the heck now (you can have a crisis about killing stuff later) I will be endlessly disappointed in you.

Friday's page is going to be an insanely cruel cliffhanger, even by Tom's standards, isn't it.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Here's what Wikipedia has to say on the matter.

Wikipedia posted:

The term wasp is typically defined as any insect of the order Hymenoptera and suborder Apocrita that is neither a bee nor an ant. Almost every pest insect species has at least one wasp species that preys upon it or parasitizes it, making wasps critically important in natural control of their numbers, or natural biocontrol. Parasitic wasps are increasingly used in agricultural pest control as they prey mostly on pest insects and have little impact on crops.

Silly magic wasp, cant tell the difference between an Annie and an ant.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 18, 2013

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Splicer posted:

Calm down guys it's just Kat.

Argh I totally had a smarmy post lined up for this :negative:

I wonder what beesmuth has to gain by being in the court anyways. Are fun city monsters not appetizing?

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature
The cool thing about wasps is that there are parasitic wasps that parasite upon parasitic wasps.

They're called hyperparasitoids :black101:

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Fun fact: wasp is actually a catch-all term for an insect that preys on or parasitizes other insects.
Sorry if this is pedantic, but this is just not true! I'm not sure whether wasps form a monophyletic clade (i.e. all the descendants of a single common ancestor), but it's definitely not a catch-all term for insects. You quoted it yourself!

That's a mighty fine depiction of a wasp, by the way. Not enough people in art do biology research!

Cyphoderus fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 18, 2013

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Annie'll be fine, it's just Waspinator. Guy's a worse robot than Boxbot, just hit him with a stick enough and he'll fall apart.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Cyphoderus posted:

Sorry if this is pedantic, but this is just not true! I'm not sure whether wasps form a monophyletic clade (i.e. all the descendants of a single common ancestor), but it's definitely not a catch-all term for insects. You quoted it yourself!

Whoops your right, sorry about that. :doh:

Anyways we should all know how effective fire can be when dealing with bees but I'm not sure how useful it is against wasps.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 18, 2013

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BobTheJanitor posted:

Now that vague shape in the middle of the last page makes sense. I hope she brought a really big shoe to throw at that thing.

If you tilted your laptop screen a certain way it was actually really obvious :eng101:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cat Mattress posted:

What the heck. I hope Tom gave his okay for that. (He probably did because he's swell.)

What I don't get it? Who's that guy teaching swordplay? I don't know unless Tom tells me who it is!

TinfoilHate
Nov 19, 2003

What the hell is wrong
with you people?
Huh, insect wings. Related?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Here's what Wikipedia has to say on the matter.

Silly magic wasp, cant tell the difference between an Annie and an ant.

An ant, an ant-imony. Whatevs, same diff.

Also: kinda neat. Was it why this rainbow wasp here was poking its little legs on Annie's cranium in the previous page?

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I wonder how many people in the court have been infected with brain-wasps.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

xcheopis posted:

I wonder how many people in the court have been infected with brain-wasps.

They're gonna need to extract some of Zimmy's brain-spiders to cull the population!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

a medical mystery posted:

They're gonna need to extract some of Zimmy's brain-spiders to cull the population!

Starting with the headmaster!