Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Choco1980 posted:

I am positive I've at least seen Haribo Gummy Bears that were like, 3 feet tall. I bet they've made bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h3z93oAGsk

e: Oh poo poo new page.
My idea is a game show where people win money for eating giant versions of food.

Beartaco has a new favorite as of 12:54 on May 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RunOfTheMill
Sep 24, 2004
I always wondered why paper shredders only cut paper vertically. I've always wanted to invent a paper shredder that, as the paper is getting cut vertically, has another blade that runs back and forth and cuts it horizontally, making tiny squares instead of strips. Try taping that back together!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

crashdome posted:

Life-sized Lego blocks

Life size compared to what? Like as big as humans? As big as bricks? Legos aren't scale models of alive bricks.

Alive Bricks. New idea do not steal.

Fizbin
Nov 1, 2004
Zoom!

RunOfTheMill posted:

I always wondered why paper shredders only cut paper vertically. I've always wanted to invent a paper shredder that, as the paper is getting cut vertically, has another blade that runs back and forth and cuts it horizontally, making tiny squares instead of strips. Try taping that back together!

Isn't that just a cross-cut shredder, a thing that already exists?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

RunOfTheMill posted:

Well aren't you just in luck and like 20 years behind!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...scut%20shredder

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

RunOfTheMill posted:

Yeah, dude, those totally exist and are pretty much the de-facto shredders used in a lot of corporate and healthcare environments.

RunOfTheMill
Sep 24, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, dude, those totally exist and are pretty much the de-facto shredders used in a lot of corporate and healthcare environments.

drat, I suck. Hence, I am not a millionaire...

Disco Prince
Apr 29, 2012

push the button
Had an idea for flavored crutches for joints OR flavored wood tips for blunts (removable etc) and was furious to find out that they already make these and apparently they dont work particularly well. I was sure it was going to be my ticket to getting some of that sweet, sweet, weed money (which would have been spent on buying lots more weed)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
A stapler that can staple a small thread stitch into clothes in case of emergencies.

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

Disco Prince posted:

Had an idea for flavored crutches for joints OR flavored wood tips for blunts (removable etc) and was furious to find out that they already make these and apparently they dont work particularly well. I was sure it was going to be my ticket to getting some of that sweet, sweet, weed money (which would have been spent on buying lots more weed)

Make a flavored rolling paper that doesn't taste like someone sprayed Jolly Ranchers flavoring all over it and you might have a winner.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Once, while very high, I had this idea for a cartoon. Very slapsticky, very episodic, kind of in vain of Wile E. Coyote and The Road Runner as in an endless chase that one always gets screwed over in.

The idea is that there's this dude who's an rear end in a top hat. Nothing major, he doesn't kill or rape or anything, he's just a douche bag. He's obviously destined for hell but one day, he decides that some small child is in his way while he's crossing the street so he shoves the kid away.

That shove ends up saving the kid and the dude is run over by a truck. Since he technically died saving the kid he's granted a free pass to heaven. God however hasn't forgotten how much of a dick this dude is so the whole series is him trying to kick the dude out of heaven and the douche foiling his attempts the whole time.

The first episode would be simple. God just grants this dude his life back, and that starts a zombie plauge that god has to stop.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tewbrainer posted:

Jelly beans that are flavored exactly like other candies.

So I never have to buy any candy but jelly beans for the rest of my life.

Sometimes on those kitchen / cake / restaurant shows , they make food to look like another type of food, but made from different ingredients entirely. Apparently it's trippy for the mind to process

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Volume posted:

Once, while very high, I had this idea for a cartoon. Very slapsticky, very episodic, kind of in vain of Wile E. Coyote and The Road Runner as in an endless chase that one always gets screwed over in.

The idea is that there's this dude who's an rear end in a top hat. Nothing major, he doesn't kill or rape or anything, he's just a douche bag. He's obviously destined for hell but one day, he decides that some small child is in his way while he's crossing the street so he shoves the kid away.

That shove ends up saving the kid and the dude is run over by a truck. Since he technically died saving the kid he's granted a free pass to heaven. God however hasn't forgotten how much of a dick this dude is so the whole series is him trying to kick the dude out of heaven and the douche foiling his attempts the whole time.

The first episode would be simple. God just grants this dude his life back, and that starts a zombie plauge that god has to stop.

This is pretty much the setup to an actual anime, minus the whole 'god kicking him out of heaven' bit.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
An iPad cover that looks like one of those old-timey cameras with bellows, so hipsters can throw it on while they're taking pictures.

Chase Derringer
Jun 19, 2011

Hello! Ma baby
Hello! Ma honey
Hello! Ma *SKREEEEEEEEEEE*
Lipstick Apathy
Instead of a stand at some beach town that sells just french fries with salt, vinegar, or whatever else, a little stand that sells baked, mashed, and sweet potatoes with a shitload of fixins. Imagine it: you're walking down the beach, you want something a little more filling than a snack, but aren't ready to head back for dinner or whatever, so you stop by the stand and get yourself a nice baked potato with sour cream, chives, cheese, bacon bits, old bay, whatever the hell you could imagine. In the mood for desert? Sweet potato with cinnamon and sugar, maybe some blueberry/cherry/apple/whatever pie filling, maybe some marshmallows, whipped cream. Hell, throw some ice cream on it. You get the nice, cool, refreshing ice cream with the hot, soft sweetness of a baked sweet potato.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Chase Derringer posted:

Instead of a stand at some beach town that sells just french fries with salt, vinegar, or whatever else, a little stand that sells baked, mashed, and sweet potatoes with a shitload of fixins. Imagine it: you're walking down the beach, you want something a little more filling than a snack, but aren't ready to head back for dinner or whatever, so you stop by the stand and get yourself a nice baked potato with sour cream, chives, cheese, bacon bits, old bay, whatever the hell you could imagine. In the mood for desert? Sweet potato with cinnamon and sugar, maybe some blueberry/cherry/apple/whatever pie filling, maybe some marshmallows, whipped cream. Hell, throw some ice cream on it. You get the nice, cool, refreshing ice cream with the hot, soft sweetness of a baked sweet potato.

These are totally already a thing:

On the plus side maybe you can buy into a franchise in your area?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Konstantin posted:

A Forex slot machine. Basically a slot machine lookalike that puts the money into extremely short-term, heavily leveraged Forex transactions without further input from the investor. It's not gambling, it's investing, so it's legal everywhere, and it's not that different from what a lot of idiot Forex traders do. A programmer teamed up with a brokerage firm could put out a web-based prototype in a month, but it could make millions assuming it isn't shut down.

I would play the gently caress out of this. Odds would be way better than a real slot machine, right?

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

A tiny Roomba that stays under the passenger seat in my car. It's sole purpose is to detect and push trash that I throw over there into a box that I can remove/dump/replace.

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
BATTLESHAPES
It's like the Battleship boardgame but with shapes instead of ships. Each player gets a couple of various shapes like triangles, squares, pentagons, etc. that they graph out on their side. Each player calls out x,y coordinates to hit the other players vertices. Mathfun!

Also, Sushiritto. Think Chipotle style burrito but with sushi ingredients. You're welcome.

fnkels
Aug 17, 2004

i hate everything posted:

Also, Sushiritto. Think Chipotle style burrito but with sushi ingredients. You're welcome.

Hate to disappoint you.

http://www.sushirrito.com/

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Captive BASE jumping. Similar a zip-line, but steeper, where the line & pulley is only meant to keep the passenger on-course; a parachute provides the braking. All the passenger has to do is jump.

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010

Nooo! My millions of dollars!
Though that's a little more sush' and a lot less 'rrito than I was imagining.

Disco Dickdog
Nov 30, 2007
Shark Week, except like, once a month and feature a different (dangerous/awesome) animal every month.

Bear Week
Cat Week (lions and tigers and stuff)
Gator/Croc Week
Hippo Week
Primate Week

I should have written these down when I thought of them but there's definitely enough to work with for one week a month. Get on it, Discovery.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

i hate everything posted:

Nooo! My millions of dollars!
Though that's a little more sush' and a lot less 'rrito than I was imagining.

They definitely took your name, though, so you'll need a new one: "Mexican Sushi".

TheKlontz
Jan 7, 2009
Burrito Bites
Burritos the size of pizza rolls. Eat em by the fistful!

Also tiny fruit pies, about the size of a U.S. silver dollar coin, called Pirates. They could come in a little cardboard treasure chest and have a skull and crossbones printed on each tiny pie. I'm thinking the same style as the cheapo Hostess fruit pies only tiny.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

TheKlontz posted:

Burrito Bites
Burritos the size of pizza rolls. Eat em by the fistful!

Also tiny fruit pies, about the size of a U.S. silver dollar coin, called Pirates. They could come in a little cardboard treasure chest and have a skull and crossbones printed on each tiny pie. I'm thinking the same style as the cheapo Hostess fruit pies only tiny.

You are a genius.

Bite sized every food.

TheKlontz
Jan 7, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

You are a genius.

Bite sized every food.

Everything is better by the fistful!

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

IMJack posted:

Captive BASE jumping. Similar a zip-line, but steeper, where the line & pulley is only meant to keep the passenger on-course; a parachute provides the braking. All the passenger has to do is jump.

You can do this off of the Stratosphere. No parachute though.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
about 15 years back I did a similar thing in Vegas. It was at the MGM hotel's little theme park. They have this huge arch type thingie over a lake, and they hoist you up on a control line, you pull the ripcord and drop. Because of the arch shape, you go swinging across the lake instead of straight down.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Behold! A Elk! posted:

An intelligent spell check that understands the appropriate homonym based on context. I don't know weather or not anyone else here thinks it's a good idea.

Microsoft Word already does this. It underlines red for total misspellings, green for punctuation or grammar errors, and blue for properly-spelled wrong words and capitalization.

It's right with the blue about as often as it is with the other stuff. But at least it tries.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Many, many years ago when I was a kid, I came up with the idea of the Super Gameboy, almost exactly how Nintendo released it. I said it would be a thing you plug into you NES/SNES to let you play Gameboy games on the TV.

The only part I didn't think up was the ability to add some color to the games.

Dear Nintendo,

I'll take my royalty check anytime. Feel free to deduct 15% off of it because of the color thing, TIA.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
A city-wide valet service, for when you have to go to a strange city and you know where you need to be, but you have gently caress all idea where to park without getting towed/ticketed. Just call the service ahead of time and they'll have a man waiting there to take your car, then when you want it back you just send them a text and they bring it back.

You know those inflatable slides that planes have for emergencies? I want a portable inflato-slide that clips onto a window so I can just fling all my boxes out the window when I'm moving out of an upper-floor apartment.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

Komojo posted:

My diving invention: a snorkel that is 50 feet long. It would have a thing that floats on a surface and then tubes going down so you could breathe underwater. To prevent re-breathing carbon dioxide inside the tube, it would have incoming and outgoing tubes controlled by one-way valves.

Definitely already a thing. I did this in Maui when I was 10, and it was around for 5 years before that. Looks like it was invented as a way to circumvent SCUBA certification requirements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snuba

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist has a new favorite as of 23:36 on Sep 24, 2013

A SEXY MISTAKE
Nov 4, 2005

got to make some space
They need to release an optional WiiU gamepad, one with a DS slot in it so you could play your old DS (or even 3DS games, seeing as the 2DS is a thing) on your TV. Call it the WiiDS or something.

Transcendent Man
Dec 23, 2012

"Death gives meaning to our lives. It gives importance and value to time. Time would be meaningless if there were too much of it." - Ray Kurzweil
A pill you ingest that will color all of your bodily fluids, sweat, urine, poop, salive, etc.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Hire a single actor to play Death or the devil across all movies, TV shows, etc.

norton I
May 1, 2008

His Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton I

Emperor of these United States

Protector of Mexico

Coffee And Pie posted:

You are a genius.

Bite sized every food.

My only request is that the burritos be called Burrito-Tots.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

norton I posted:

My only request is that the burritos be called Burrito-Tots.

Burritots?

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009
A pill that gives worms to ex-girlfriends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

Transcendent Man posted:

A pill you ingest that will color all of your bodily fluids, sweat, urine, poop, salive, etc.

Fifteen or so years ago Motley Crüe put out a soft drink (Motley Brüe) that was advertised as not only staining your mouth blue, but your poop as well. You could probably still find some on eBay.

• Locked thread