Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DarkSol posted:

Maybe just a little bit overboard. :ohdear:

You'll probably end up with like somewhere in the high 600s of Heavenly Chips. Yeah, you should probably reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Kyrosiris posted:

You'll probably end up with like somewhere in the high 600s of Heavenly Chips. Yeah, you should probably reset.

740 to be precise.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DarkSol posted:

You're going to get 740 chips out of this deal.

You'll be way past your current CPS in no time with a 1480% boost.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

You're going to get 740 chips out of this deal.

You'll be way past your current CPS in no time with a 1480% boost.

Just waiting to get "lucky" twice so I can get almost all the shadow achievements.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DarkSol posted:

740 to be precise.

Ah, I was going off my own all-time sacrificed total of 227Qt and 674 chips. Not a bad haul.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

DarkSol posted:

Just waiting to get "lucky" twice so I can get almost all the shadow achievements.

The last update made it so Golden Cookie clicks carry over when you reset, so you don't need to worry about that.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
How can I tell how many Heavenly Chips I'll get on reset?

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Rincewind posted:

Running Cookie Monster will provide you with all that information right in the game. Or if you'd like to do it manually, compare your toal cookies baked (all time) stat to this handy chart.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Rincewind posted:

Export save, reset, import save if you want more.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Chugging along at a steady 3.3Mcps˛ despite having no upgrades left to buy. Frenzy/lucky combos with quadrillions in the bank are amazing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So do I want to get all the achievements and upgrades before I reset?

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

VJeff posted:

So do I want to get all the achievements and upgrades before I reset?

You can't get all of them without doing a reset. (At least the shadow ones.)

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Definitely get all the achievements you can, ignoring the ones requiring 100 condensers and 777 golden cookies but the rest should be attainable.

After that, I am not sure if it is better to reset immediately or to farm a bit more.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'd only get ~20 Heavenly Chips. :smith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Just get as many as you have the patience for before resetting for the first time. All of them except 100 condensers and 100 of all buildings should go fairly quick now that condensers exist.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

Crovie posted:

Chugging along at a steady 3.3Mcps˛ despite having no upgrades left to buy. Frenzy/lucky combos with quadrillions in the bank are amazing.

I think I know what you mean by CPS^2 but I don't think you're doing it right.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Rincewind posted:

The formula isn't very complicated. I have a third page on my cookie spreadsheet with a simple formula.

I could use the formulas in the wiki but I like this presentation just fine.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
I recommend resetting daily

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
There's a killscreen in this. Once you get your heavenly chip count into the exponential territory, they stop giving any bonus at all.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

the bsd boys posted:

I recommend resetting daily

740 on my first reset. :smug:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Svartvit posted:

I think I know what you mean by CPS^2 but I don't think you're doing it right.

Well, in theory cookie production acceleration should drop off pretty rapidly with no more upgrades to buy but I haven't noticed too much of a dropoff over the last half hour (I'm charting cps over gametime because this game isn't :spergin: enough on its own)

I'll see what happens.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Fifty Three posted:

I'd only get ~20 Heavenly Chips. :smith:

I got 34 the first time I reset. Within a week of barely paying attention I got up to more than I made the first time, and 2 days later I could reset for 120, but I'm making enough at this point that I'm going to wait.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

Crovie posted:

Well, in theory cookie production acceleration should drop off pretty rapidly with no more upgrades to buy but I haven't noticed too much of a dropoff over the last half hour (I'm charting cps over gametime because this game isn't :spergin: enough on its own)

I'll see what happens.

I don't understand what you're doing but ok I guess.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I think I can just track [heavenly chips if I were to reset right this instant] over gametime and the best time to reset is when it dips below the level it was at after buying the final upgrade.

I'll have a big nerdy thing to post when the reset finally happens.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
I'm at that awkward point where I have everything except 100 condensers and the achievements from resetting, and it would take quite a while to get those condensers now. I think I'm at like 80 chips on reset so maybe I'll hold out til about 100 and do it then if getting the rest of the condensers still seems out of reach. Chips are additive with other %-based boosts, not multiplicative, right?

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I can't believe I've been playing this for so long.

After a certain point production changes from making cookies to becoming the Central Bank of Cookie. You really need GCC's (Golden Cookie Combos) and enough bank to keep things going. An ordinary GC goes for about 40T in either 7x154 or 20M configuration, but a full GCC nets me 280T in one fell swoop. That, however, requires that I keep my bankroll at a lofty 2.8Q and don't spend it on buildings early.

But even that boon is running out. A single antimatter condenser costs a Q by now, so I need roughly 4 GCC’s to even buy a single upgrade that isn’t even doing all that much. Is it time to reset again? I’ve got 100 heavenly chips banked from the previous reset. I think it might be best to save up for the next 100 chips and then reset, go for another round.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

DarkSol posted:

2 million clicks huh? At least I clicked mine the old fashioned way, aaaaall of 62000 times :getin:

I might need therapy after this

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I think once you get to that point you should be worrying not about cps or cps˛ but hcps

Maybe it's good to farm the crap out of heavenly chips even if your cookie mill isn't growing.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

DarkSol posted:

Man, you need to tell me your strategy for getting eleven thousand golden cookies in ten days.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

HenryEx posted:

Man, you need to tell me your strategy for getting eleven thousand golden cookies in ten days.

Assuming you get best luck with timers, it's barely possible - 10 days divided by 75 seconds (the lowest possible interval with both GC upgrades) is 11520.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

If anyone else was having trouble with uncanny clicker, hit alt-shift-numlock. Your numpad + button is now doubleclick. This also makes you earn money twice as fast during clicking frenzies.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Kyrosiris posted:

Assuming you get best luck with timers, it's barely possible - 10 days divided by 75 seconds (the lowest possible interval with both GC upgrades) is 11520.

I got a good chunk of my golden cookie clicks by letting the grannies do their thing and getting really lucky with the cookie chains. I feel like this is part of the equation that some people leave out, assuming you aren't going for optimal golden cookie CPS.

That said, even with the cookie chains and a couple of nights running the autoclick gold cookie script I'm at less then half that so I'm guessing there are some illegitimate gold cookie clicks there.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

If anyone else was having trouble with uncanny clicker, hit alt-shift-numlock. Your numpad + button is now doubleclick. This also makes you earn money twice as fast during clicking frenzies.

I was really lazy and basically refused to go out of my way for that achievement but I lucked into it one time when the game was lagging to gently caress and counted a ton of clicks all at once.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I just resetted again (to get those sweet 500 and change Heavenly Cookies) and decided to try out Cookie Monster. It's amazing, but is the upgrade tab working right? It doesn't show anything for me.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Dias posted:

I just resetted again (to get those sweet 500 and change Heavenly Cookies) and decided to try out Cookie Monster. It's amazing, but is the upgrade tab working right? It doesn't show anything for me.

It kinda gets messed up when you reset. Refresh the page and start CM up again.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I think I'm going to start keeping track of what I can get my cps up to, 1 hour after a reset. It'll be a neat way to see how Heavenly cookies shorten the buildup.

I made it to 5 billion cps this run starting with 716 chips.
It'll be exciting to see how it goes with 1000 chips.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Color Printer posted:

It kinda gets messed up when you reset. Refresh the page and start CM up again.

That did fix it. Thanks.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I think I'm going to start keeping track of what I can get my cps up to, 1 hour after a reset. It'll be a neat way to see how Heavenly cookies shorten the buildup.

I made it to 5 billion cps this run starting with 716 chips.
It'll be exciting to see how it goes with 1000 chips.

Oooh, this sounds like fun. I'll probably do this for my next reset (planning to reset at the 1000 Heavenlies threshold).

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

I run Cookie Monster sometimes to tell me if I'm :spergin: hard enough or not, but I don't see anything about how many chips I'll get for a reset anywhere. Am I just missing something really obvious?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Elissia posted:

I run Cookie Monster sometimes to tell me if I'm :spergin: hard enough or not, but I don't see anything about how many chips I'll get for a reset anywhere. Am I just missing something really obvious?

It's in the Stats page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Kyrosiris posted:

Oooh, this sounds like fun. I'll probably do this for my next reset (planning to reset at the 1000 Heavenlies threshold).

This game needs integrated stats tracking. I'd like to see a little graph showing my cps over time.

• Locked thread