Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yardbomb posted:

Yesssss. I've always had faith in you Bane, now feast further upon pubbie tears. :unsmigghh:

I'm not complaining, but I honestly thought Bane broke out of the low tier a few patches ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo Xbox dudes, want to download Injustice for free?

No idea why Costa Rica is getting Injustice for free, but there you go.

That really is something then, isn't it. A quick google search showed that another game called "Ikaruga" is free via the same method so maybe it was a mistake on Microsoft'd End.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
It's been fixed now.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Unbound posted:

That really is something then, isn't it. A quick google search showed that another game called "Ikaruga" is free via the same method so maybe it was a mistake on Microsoft'd End.

Ikaruga is a Dreamcast shoot'em'up and the right age for freeware.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So in this week's issue of the Injustice tie-in comic, we learned that Regime Superman mains as Bane.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Backman just can't catch a break.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Wait, so how'd he get his back healed this time round? Last time it took some semi-mystical stuff that drove the person doing it crazy(If I remember that part of Knightsend correctly).

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bloodly posted:

Wait, so how'd he get his back healed this time round? Last time it took some semi-mystical stuff that drove the person doing it crazy(If I remember that part of Knightsend correctly).

I'm guessing that involves those Kryptonian pills.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

So in this week's issue of the Injustice tie-in comic, we learned that Regime Superman mains as Bane.

Unless I'm crazy, that image looks 99.9% like the same scene in Knightfall, with the only difference is the costume damage on both Clark and Bruce.

Maximum :effort: from DC.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
For whatever reason I thought the Injustice book would be wrapped up either when the game released or shortly thereafter. Surprised to see it still going.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

AradoBalanga posted:

Unless I'm crazy, that image looks 99.9% like the same scene in Knightfall, with the only difference is the costume damage on both Clark and Bruce.

In some circles, this referred to as an "homage," and is very deliberate.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Lurdiak posted:

It's ok, Batman still has a full red bar

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

AradoBalanga posted:

Dumbest post of the year.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

kaujot posted:

For whatever reason I thought the Injustice book would be wrapped up either when the game released or shortly thereafter. Surprised to see it still going.

I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be done, but it's still going because of real good sales. (Plus pretty much all of DC's other comics are poo poo so Injustice is gold by comparison)

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

AradoBalanga posted:

Good job, forums poster AradoBalanga, for picking up on the similarity to one of the most popular comic panels of the modern age, which nobody else realized. You are right, for sure, in that the key difference is with Clark's battle damage--it's amazing how different he looked in the original.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Stephanie Brown should have broken Batman's back, thanks a lot Dan DiDio!!!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Spaceman Bill posted:

Stephanie Brown should have broken Batman's back, thanks a lot Dan DiDio!!!

I love me some Batman, but I unironically agree with this.

also replace batman with didio

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Is this the first "confirmation" that Injustice is coming to PC? PCGamer posted this blurb in the Mortal Kombat PC review today:

http://m.pcgamer.com/uk/2013/09/13/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition-review

"MK’s developers NetherRealm have released another fighting game – Injustice: Gods Among Us – in the years since MK’s console launch, blessed with a less alienating setting and a combat system better loved by the fighting community. Wait for that, due on PC later this year."

I know I see rumors ever so often but I hope this is one of those, "We know something you don't know..."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

kaujot posted:

It looks like it's finishing up this Tuesday with issue #36, though in November there's going to be a 48-page Annual released about how Superman is too busy to catch Harley Quinn and hires Lobo to do it for him.

The true highlight of the comic is how Superman outs Batman, as alluded to in the game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Eiffel On You posted:

Is this the first "confirmation" that Injustice is coming to PC? PCGamer posted this blurb in the Mortal Kombat PC review today:

http://m.pcgamer.com/uk/2013/09/13/mortal-kombat-komplete-edition-review

"MK’s developers NetherRealm have released another fighting game – Injustice: Gods Among Us – in the years since MK’s console launch, blessed with a less alienating setting and a combat system better loved by the fighting community. Wait for that, due on PC later this year."

I know I see rumors ever so often but I hope this is one of those, "We know something you don't know..."

It hasn't been officially announced, it just slipped on a few retailer websites. Injustice GOTY Edition, coming to all the previous platforms plus PC and Vita this November.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Anyone have any tips for doing the command grab input in this game on the pad? The down back.. then immediately forward is very hard.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

It hasn't been officially announced, it just slipped on a few retailer websites. Injustice GOTY Edition, coming to all the previous platforms plus PC and Vita this November.

So, the DLC for Injustice is over. I wanted more chars :smith:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So, the DLC for Injustice is over. I wanted more chars :smith:

I'm pretty sure it was leaked before they announced the second round of DLC, so I'm not sure it signifies anything.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

I sort of figured they would release on the PC after Ed Boon admitted that Mortal Kombat sold far more copies than he expected. I just hope that WB will allow/do a patch for Injustice though. Seems like the bugs that Mortal Kombat had caused a large amount of people who bought it to not play.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

KombatNetwork is running some games for a good while today, Tom Brady's in the joint and some other good dudes are tearing it up.

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

Edit: Top 8 from KN going on Spooky stream in like 15 minutes.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 15, 2013

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
So, are Martian Manhunter and Zatanna coming to Wii U? I play it with my friend who has it on the Wii U (and is a huge fan of MM) and it seems odd that if I pick it up for a belated PC release that I'd have a more complete version of the game then the guy who bought it day one.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

catlord posted:

So, are Martian Manhunter and Zatanna coming to Wii U? I play it with my friend who has it on the Wii U (and is a huge fan of MM) and it seems odd that if I pick it up for a belated PC release that I'd have a more complete version of the game then the guy who bought it day one.

If they do with it like they did with the other 4 they'll wait till a balance patch or they're done with that batch of DLC before they shift it over.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

If anyone's reading the tie in comic the surprise from this weeks issue would be the ultimate DLC

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Spaceman Bill posted:

If anyone's reading the tie in comic the surprise from this weeks issue would be the ultimate DLC

I would love to write a biography post on Alfred Pennyworth.

As it turns out, the Injustice comic is going to be relaunched with volume 2 in January. It really has been selling well and with good reason.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Gavok posted:

Nothing is stopping you :colbert:

(Your bios are the best thing about this thread)

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Gavok posted:

I really hope so. I don't know much (anything outside of Iron Man) when it comes to comics. Your bios have allowed me to learn such a wide array of characters and lore from the DC universe.

Having never read many comics, would the Injustice Comic be a good place to start?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Unbound posted:

I really hope so. I don't know much (anything outside of Iron Man) when it comes to comics. Your bios have allowed me to learn such a wide array of characters and lore from the DC universe.

Having never read many comics, would the Injustice Comic be a good place to start?

It assumes a certain familiarity with most of the characters, but otherwise, absolutely.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Unbound posted:

I'd say, especially for someone who's played through the game. It's its own continuity, so you don't have to worry about crossovers or prior stories or anything. The series has been released in digital form (99 cents an issue) and then three of those issues would be released in print form for $2.99. The coloring is way better in the printed versions. The art can at times be pretty bad (especially the infamous BATFACE image that got its own front page article here on SA) and the first three issues are kind of hard to get through because it's dedicated to the whole killing Lois plot, but after that it picks up and the writer has a lot of fun with it.

The only important hero character who isn't in the game is Captain Atom. The short version is that he's on Superman's power level and is incredibly loyal to the US government's authority. He has a thick, metallic skin and he's filled with radioactive energy. His body is ultimately a nigh-unbreakable containment suit.

There's also Kalibak, the son of Darkseid, but his deal is pretty self-explanatory when he shows up.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Unbound posted:

Jesus no, Injustice would be a terrible place to start. Half of the cast is completely out of character and they are just plain old jerks, especially Superman for obvious reasons.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

His body is ultimately a nigh-unbreakable containment suit.
Which of course means that it rips open every other Thursday.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

redbackground posted:

Which of course means that it rips open every other Thursday.

I forget if it was on here or another forum but going on about how Captain Atom is a decent enough character that could be fun or interesting but it seems like everything he does or is remembered for has to revolve around his suit tearing and him blowing up... or Mary Marvel being afraid her womb will be irradiated if she stands near him. Poor fella just can't get over.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Commissar Ken posted:

I forget if it was on here or another forum but going on about how Captain Atom is a decent enough character that could be fun or interesting but it seems like everything he does or is remembered for has to revolve around his suit tearing and him blowing up... or Mary Marvel being afraid her womb will be irradiated if she stands near him. Poor fella just can't get over.

I kind of wish that Captain Atom was in Injustice now. I could see his super. He grabs them and flies into the upper atmosphere, or space, then nuclear explodes them with atomic punches back into the ground.

I read a little of his Wikipedia page, seems like a pretty cool dude. Being able to see energy off of certain molecules, uncontrollable time travel, atomic control of matter... Oh and he used to be a pilot for the Air Force.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
I haven't read too many things with Captian Atom in it but yeah it kinda sounds like he's Dr. Manhattan without the God-like Intelligence or Prescience. In other news, patch notes for Lex! I didn't know about the Aquaman glitch, but then again I think I've met maybe one Lex player total online.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

I read a little of his Wikipedia page, seems like a pretty cool dude. Being able to see energy off of certain molecules, uncontrollable time travel, atomic control of matter... Oh and he used to be a pilot for the Air Force.
He was the perfect foil for dudes like Guy, Ted and Booster and Wally way back during the JLI heyday--he was really quite likeable and legitimately capable of badassery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Premeditated Toast posted:

I haven't read too many things with Captian Atom in it but yeah it kinda sounds like he's Dr. Manhattan without the God-like Intelligence or Prescience. In other news, patch notes for Lex! I didn't know about the Aquaman glitch, but then again I think I've met maybe one Lex player total online.

Does that mean the probe is now unblockable? Because that's cool

• Locked thread