Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

victrix posted:

Use Crysta

Turns out Crysta isn't an option for Oceanic players either.

After some googling, I discovered that the only practical way to pay for game time were game time cards. The problem with that was that there are literally none in stock in my entire country.

The good news is that I found some for sale at game.co.uk. I payed with Paypal and they sent me an email with the code. It was also about $10AUD cheaper than the RRP for time cards locally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

SoUr posted:

I remember reading this earlier, but if you start using an ability while in the area, and the ability goes off before your animation ends, you will still get hit. So move out as soon as you see the area go red and do not use any abilities until you are outside.

I've seen this happen to me many times, specially when using macros since they will go off on their own.

This is false. I cast instants and have heals finish casting while dodging pretty much all the time. Player tracking does not seem dependent on what you were casting when you moved, it's just bad separately.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Doublestep posted:

Where is the TCP fix on FFGoons? don't see it\

e: oh im a stupid newbie and i probably can't see it

http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27105

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Zereth posted:

I think that's packets being sent/received, not ping.

I'm not sure why squenix thought we wanted to know about that instead of you know, ping.

Wh...what? Okay. That's bizarre. I'll try the fixes above when I get home. Still, it's really weird that I got hit by the Self Destruct, I mean I was literally pressed up to the wall and the slime and bomb were where they were supposed to be near the device. I don't usually have any trouble dodging things that have a big "GET OUT OF HERE" ground target.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

orcane posted:

Other than dying to explosions, Copperbell shouldn't be really hard. On the last boss, he will always go and break open the rocks on one side after a bit. Adds will spawn regularly, run across the room and try to break the rocks on the other side. These don't have to be tanked yet but your DPS has to kill them quickly. When the second rock is broken adds will keep coming in from both sides now and need to be tanked, so the boss is better near dead (or your healer is awesome) when that happens.

One thing to note is that you definitely should not be tanking the boss near the second rock, because if you leave him pointed at it when he does Colossal Slam, his cone AoE, he can break it extremely quickly, even if you're not getting hit by it and even if DPS is killing the adds fast.

I found that out when I had a tank who decided to 'help' kill adds and pointed Colossal Slam at the boulder more than once. It was unpleasant.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.

orcane posted:

Other than dying to explosions, Copperbell shouldn't be really hard. On the last boss, he will always go and break open the rocks on one side after a bit. Adds will spawn regularly, run across the room and try to break the rocks on the other side. These don't have to be tanked yet but your DPS has to kill them quickly. When the second rock is broken adds will keep coming in from both sides now and need to be tanked, so the boss is better near dead (or your healer is awesome) when that happens.

I found Copperbell to be the easiest of the three. After acquiring good, solid hate on the boss, I would run with the DPS to strike down the add before he managed to smash the second rock, towing the boss behind me the whole time.

When there's only one add and he always beelines the rock, it makes for an easy fight. Or maybe my healer was exceptional, I dunno.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
So anyone heard the ETA of 2.1?

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!

Trivia posted:

I found Copperbell to be the easiest of the three. After acquiring good, solid hate on the boss, I would run with the DPS to strike down the add before he managed to smash the second rock, towing the boss behind me the whole time.

When there's only one add and he always beelines the rock, it makes for an easy fight. Or maybe my healer was exceptional, I dunno.

I actually find that if your DPS is anywhere near decent, you can just straight up ignore the adds and just burn the final boss down. Atleast that's how I did all of my runs of Copperbell.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Peechka posted:

So anyone heard the ETA of 2.1?

Yoshi said they want a content patch every 2.5 to 3 months, so I would guess we'll see it in November sometime. There is a Live Letter coming up at TGS this weekend and they specifically mentioned there would be some patch information, so maybe we'll hear more then?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Where does level 50 HQ'd gear rank in terms of Philosophy / Mythology / Bahamut's Coil gear?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Well I just hit lv40(and half) Fisher. :pwn: and completely overshot my combat classes (SCH32/CNJ25/ARC22). Woops.

Had a hard run on Brayflox due to weird server lag issues on the last fight. Also, I'm retarded and completely forgot I had an +100 potency heal spell (Physick).

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope

Etrips posted:

Where does level 50 HQ'd gear rank in terms of Philosophy / Mythology / Bahamut's Coil gear?

From what I see, dependent on the slot, close to philosophy gear if you meld the hell out of it. Not even close to the second two.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Lance Streetman posted:

Just a reminder to summoners that pets will interrupt sleep if you don't redirect them. I learned this the hard way on Brayflox last night, but the white mage was really nice and understanding and just kinda took it in stride. Pretty good party in general, and being able to learn the boss's strategy from a distance was really cool.

Anybody got any tips for Titan? Gonna do that next.

Players who haven't leveled summoner aren't aware of this, I always just tell the tank if he's clustering mobs to pull back the primary or my ifrit will make our blm's sleep cycle very hard.

Edit: Just a tip from my runs, tell your party to ignore sleep. If the group is slept then bane is out of your rotation, if the tank just eats a few extra hits (easy to keep up with, I've healed it too) and you're on the spot with your bane casts by the time the group gets to the second target it should be at half health and the third should be bordering on dead by the time they get to it. It makes the runs much faster.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 18, 2013

JibberJabberwocky
Mar 24, 2012

I am still new to all this, I hit 15 on my main class (marauder) and I'm 15 on Alchemist, Culinarian, and Goldsmith.

I have not yet tanked a real dungeon, only the practice guildhests. These are neat, but I had 3 in a row where people insisted on dpsing the gil turtle so hard it died before I (since I as the tank had to personally do this, no one else could read I guess) took down the fire sprite and lit the bag and they somehow managed to kill the thing. before I got it into the smoke (someone's carbuncle or something had its aggro and I couldn't get to it to get a slam off on it)

Did you know you fail the duty if that happens. I laughed aloud and did it again, same thing happened. Third time we got it done. I suspect I was just really unlucky with parties.

Can't wait to tank real dungeons. But I'll probably end up doing crafting leves. No one is selling HQ versions of common leve turnins, so once I get to where I can reliably HQ stuff I'll do that. Still can't figure out how yet, I know it's probably some combination of Hasty Touch and manipulation/inner quiet so I'll get it eventually.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Spaceman Future! posted:

Players who haven't leveled summoner aren't aware of this, I always just tell the tank if he's clustering mobs to pull back the primary or my ifrit will make our blm's sleep cycle very hard.

Edit: Just a tip from my runs, tell your party to ignore sleep. If the group is slept then bane is out of your rotation, if the tank just eats a few extra hits (easy to keep up with, I've healed it too) and you're on the spot with your bane casts by the time the group gets to the second target it should be at half health and the third should be bordering on dead by the time they get to it. It makes the runs much faster.

Or you, the Summoner, could take it upon yourself to hotkey the Obey and Sic command use the appropriate one to open each fight. If you tell them to Obey, they will use only their auto attack unless strictly ordered to do otherwise and won't gently caress up Sleep.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
Just installed this on PS3 (disc version), entered code etc., and after the "click agreement" screen it says can't log in and reverts to the agreement screen. Any PS3 players have this problem?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

benitocereno posted:

From what I see, dependent on the slot, close to philosophy gear if you meld the hell out of it. Not even close to the second two.

Er, what? The crafted gear which costs more philosophy tomes than philosophy gear is almost as good as philosophy gear? What's the point of it, then?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Aladar posted:

Is there a way to disable the error messages/sounds that pop up when you try to use a skill that's on cooldown?

e: The ones in the center of the screen, I mean, not the chatlog ones.

Nope.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Or you, the Summoner, could take it upon yourself to hotkey the Obey and Sic command use the appropriate one to open each fight. If you tell them to Obey, they will use only their auto attack unless strictly ordered to do otherwise and won't gently caress up Sleep.

Because nerfing damage output is totally the right way to fix that. /s

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Rapid Synthesis is hilarious. Character just flips the gently caress out and starts hammering the gently caress at her work bench.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Having to order my pet to attack every enemy I want it to attack gets tedious and boring very quickly, which is why I just have it attack whatever I'm attacking. So long as you know the strategy for the fight, though, you shouldn't have any problem ordering it to lay off the boss and attack the adds so it doesn't interrupt sleep.

This discussion does bring up an interesting question I've been meaning to ask, though: When should I be using Bane? Because it obviously seems most useful when fighting groups, but I'm usually trying to focus fire on what the tank is attacking. Wouldn't spreading dots to all nearby enemies just generate a ton of enmity? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm still new to all of this stuff.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

What level is the first straight up proper dungeon kind of duty I can queue for?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lance Streetman posted:

Having to order my pet to attack every enemy I want it to attack gets tedious and boring very quickly, which is why I just have it attack whatever I'm attacking. So long as you know the strategy for the fight, though, you shouldn't have any problem ordering it to lay off the boss and attack the adds so it doesn't interrupt sleep.

This discussion does bring up an interesting question I've been meaning to ask, though: When should I be using Bane? Because it obviously seems most useful when fighting groups, but I'm usually trying to focus fire on what the tank is attacking. Wouldn't spreading dots to all nearby enemies just generate a ton of enmity? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm still new to all of this stuff.

If you have a decent tank at all, your dots shouldn't build barely any enmity on adds you aren't directly focus firing on. At least, they haven't for me according to the aggro bars.

LibbyM posted:

What level is the first straight up proper dungeon kind of duty I can queue for?

Around lv15. Story quests will direct you to Satasha.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

Ladies please. Hold your orgasms.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Maybe I should've rolled as a Lalafell because apparently it gives you a +5 chance for brayflox drops.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Maybe I should've rolled as a Lalafell because apparently it gives you a +5 chance for brayflox drops.

Not if you're me, I still have no battlemage gear.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Around lv15. Story quests will direct you to Satasha.

Cool. I'm 18 so I guess I've just got to get progressing through the main story a bit.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Lance Streetman posted:

You don't have to give the Obey command every time. Guard uses the last attack order (Sic or Obey) you gave. So if you hit Obey once, your pet will only cast their main attack whenever Guard triggers (when you attack or are attacked). This persists until they're re-summoned, when it defaults back to Sic.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

LibbyM posted:

Cool. I'm 18 so I guess I've just got to get progressing through the main story a bit.

It is pretty important to make sure you keep your main story up to date. Hitting 50 and having to catch up the entire story would be horrible to say the least.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Spaceman Future! posted:

As a WAR tank I actually feel like I tank better without Sleep, outside of a few specific pulls here and there (mostly one's with multiple ranged mobs that are hard to group together). It doesn't really make much sense, but there it is. It's not even a matter of wanting to spam Overpower.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Also multileveled cities suck I miss Gardenia.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

After seeing all y'alls screenshots and that video earlier, why the gently caress didn't I roll a Lalafell? So many regrets.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Was pleasantly surprised to find out I could dye my level 50 armor!

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

How long does it normally take to reserve an AK instance? Goddamn. I can only suspect this wait will get worse as more people hit the level cap too.

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 19, 2013

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I really like the ruins around Camp Bronze Lake.

And now I'm considering using one of my Fantasias because I look a little too much like Y'shtola. :negative:

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Yeah, the official list of things to take screenshots of in FFXIV:ARR goes something like:

1) Bronze Lake
2) The Burning Wall
3) Limsa Lominsa I guess???

Mor Dhona would be pretty too, if it wasn't covered in an omnipresent haze. I think there's been only two or three shots of the Crystal Tower and none of Midgardsormr so far.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Francis posted:

3) Limsa Lominsa I guess???

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I finished all 3 of the forced dungeons, all of which were really easy (I was the tank though I guess), there any more forced dungeons like that I need to be wary of?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

goldjas posted:

I finished all 3 of the forced dungeons, all of which were really easy (I was the tank though I guess), there any more forced dungeons like that I need to be wary of?

Loads. You'll be required to go through roughly 75% of available dungeons for the story.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

goldjas posted:

Many more. And forced Trials, too. Please look forward to them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Fortunately the story is really cool.

Except for Minfilia's voice acting, holy poo poo that is some awful reading.

• Locked thread