Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Neruz posted:

Also a GTA game in an Ayn Rand based objectivist society would be pretty interesting.

Grand Theft Bioshock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Who is John Gat?

Also Disco Dick has all the right moves. I wish I was even half as suave.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 18, 2013

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Eagerly awaiting the Dance Dance Karnov HD remake.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I love how Lowtax's "mash the wrong key" dance ended up being loads more entertaining than the game's default dance moves.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Accordion Man posted:

Who is John Gat?

Johnny Gat perhaps?

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
The song never ends. Lowtax and Shmorky are still playing Dance Mania. Disco Dick is on his back. The score drops infinitely lower.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
A Horror FPS?!?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mFVOEP3eSM

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
More like first person walking around grabbing poo poo for a lazy fuckin' rotten dude.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
I'll give them some credit for using stealing high quality textures from the internet, instead of trying to make their own in MS Paint.

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing though. It was certainly one of the better looking games that you've played, at least.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
I see it as a First Person Shooter because you'd most likely say "Shoot!" after realizing that you won't get a gun in this game.

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Thwack! posted:

I see it as a First Person Shooter because you'd most likely say "Shoot!" after realizing that you won't get a gun in this game.

That joke was... terrible...

Disco_Bandit
Sep 8, 2006
because you'll be first person shooting yourself for not playing soone

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

No.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

That joke was... terrible...

Aw shoot...

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
That doesn't answer the question, though.

Accordion Man posted:

Who is John Gat?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thwack! posted:

I thought it was because after playing this game you'd probably shoot yourself.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Oh god after watching that I don't think I'll be able to ever sleep again without being haunted by the horror.

necroid
May 14, 2009

Hahaha that baby impression was the highlight of the video, good job.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Kgummy posted:

That doesn't answer the question, though.
It was a joke, because we were talking about Objectivist GTA and John Galt and Johnny Gat's names are the same aside from one letter.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

thedaian posted:

I'll give them some credit for using stealing high quality textures from the internet, instead of trying to make their own in MS Paint.

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing though. It was certainly one of the better looking games that you've played, at least.

I was impressed that he bothered to make 3D walls. Lots of these games have weird 2D walls that disappear if you look at them edge on. This truly was Game Of the Year.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Baby Band 1 - Tiny Village

Human Blood Experiment

Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney FoP

Grand Carnage

SAW

Comically Challenged

Virtual Rave

Batman 3D Gotham's Knight

Hell Zombies

Tomson Fighter 2

Hotel Awesome v2

Wipeout 2D

HOMER

And there's this game that looks mighty tempting...

Alex in High School - Freshman Year

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Jubs posted:

And there's this game that looks mighty tempting...

Alex in High School - Freshman Year

Lowtax, are you okay with people Let's All Play'ing in this thread? I'm about as leftist as you can get, so I'm mighty tempted to give this one a whirl, if you have no plans to do so yourself.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Squeegy posted:

Lowtax, are you okay with people Let's All Play'ing in this thread? I'm about as leftist as you can get, so I'm mighty tempted to give this one a whirl, if you have no plans to do so yourself.

Lowtax and Shmorky should get first LP crack at the greatest game on YoYo.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

It was a joke, because we were talking about Objectivist GTA and John Galt and Johnny Gat's names are the same aside from one letter.
I got that. I was saying that the original question said 'Gat', not Galt. So linking a site about John Galt is not answering the question asking who John Gat is.

I would have thought that bolding the relevant part of your question would have made that clear, but apparently not.

Unless you meant to quote HenryEx.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Kgummy posted:

I got that. I was saying that the original question said 'Gat', not Galt. So linking a site about John Galt is not answering the question asking who John Gat is.

I would have thought that bolding the relevant part of your question would have made that clear, but apparently not.

Unless you meant to quote HenryEx.
Oh Johnny Gat's one of the main characters of the Saints Row series of sandbox games.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Accordion Man posted:

Oh Johnny Gat's one of the main characters of the Saints Row series of sandbox games.

Reading the series of posts that led to this, including my own, made me facedesk for the first time in months. God drat we are stupid, stupid people aren't we.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Neruz posted:

Reading the series of posts that led to this, including my own, made me facedesk for the first time in months. God drat we are stupid, stupid people aren't we.

And now that the joke is thoroughly dead, perhaps we might bury it and never speak of this again.

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011

Squeegy posted:

I can't wait for your hilarious religious/political commentary.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Squeegy posted:

I don't have a monopoly on playing goddamn awful loving piece of poo poo games, so go ahead, but that game is on my to-do list.

Crabonator
Oct 10, 2012
I think the worst thing about Alex in High School is that it comes with the subtitle "Freshman Year" which might mean it'll get sequels. If Terminations did than this thing can too.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
You see FPS Horror was not a first person shooter, but actually "Finding Posh poo poo" Horror. The horror of finding expensive gems and then realizing that the ghost didn't want them after all, so you have to carry these giant 50 lbs things home.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Lowtax posted:

I don't have a monopoly on playing goddamn awful loving piece of poo poo games, so go ahead, but that game is on my to-do list.

A game that Mark Levin would be proud to play.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Lowtax posted:

I pray to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ that you play the whole game. Don't be a part of the liberal Jew run media by keeping Alex's story from getting spread to the masses.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lowtax posted:

In that case, I'll leave it to you! I just didn't want to let it go untouched.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I tried playing Alex in High School for myself, but I got too offended(for numerous reasons) and I had to quit on stage 2. I look forward to finding out whether Lowtax can beat this bastion of Christainity without converting to Satanism again.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I asked myself, how bad could you possibly ruin a Phoenix Wright game? There's no floors to fall through or whatever. Well, I 'played' it for the 2 minutes before it crashes, and it looks pretty horrible. Apart from some ugly visuals, there's no original content, really, so I can't even judge how bad the writing is.

At least, the creator calls themself immature on the game description page.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Sep 19, 2013

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
BUTTBONER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANQyTShejnQ

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Intentional murder is fine then?

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Based on a great classical work! Action Packed! Awe inspiring enemy bosses! Many different endings*!

How could game like this be bad?

*The different endings are you dying on various levels in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

Air is lava! posted:

Intentional murder is fine then?

As long as you don't lie sporadically about it.

• Locked thread