Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys I hired TIM B^UCKLEY to do some art for my game which you've generously donated to, yeah!

Watch as support for the game plummets.

I'm sure people will move past this and heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the patriarchy.jpg

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

hahahaha kid found out how file a chargeback probably and is just blaming he mum

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Migishu posted:

Hey guys I hired TIM B^UCKLEY to do some art for my game which you've generously donated to, yeah!

Watch as support for the game plummets.

I'm sure people will move past this and heal.

but on the plus side, they also have zach weinersmith, who is awesome :allears:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
yeah his art other than Buckley looks pretty drat decent

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
seriously he should have led with buckley just to keep expectations low and then revealed the "mystery artist" as everyone else at once

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

hubris.height posted:

the patriarchy.jpg

these are rad

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I will make a film showing myself staring at the camera for thirty minutes. Possibly more.

Hello. My name is Jeremy Bornstein. People tell me that I have very expressive eyes. That is why I want to make a short film showing myself staring at the camera for thirty minutes, and give that film away for free on the internet to anyone who wants to download it.

Remember classified ads? They were in newspapers. The best classified ad was the one that said "SEND $1 FOR INFORMATION." That guy made a lot of money from that ad. I don't even know if he sent out any information--I bet he didn't. But that was before the internet. He probably couldn't get away with that sort of thing now because there are no more newspapers.

I would love for you to be a part of this project. Because if I were the only supporter, and I were to give myself money for it, I wouldn't have any more money than before. And when you give money to yourself it doesn't change the amount of money that you have for buying things. Unless you buy them from yourself, which doesn't make a lot of sense really if you think about it.

I already have a camera I can use, and will film in beautiful natural light so I don't need any lights or anything. And the camera uses digital film, and a battery that I can recharge from the house current. That is why I only need $15,037 to fund this project. The funds will be used for some combination of promotions, props, locations, and reward fulfillment.

Speaking of rewards: I have thought a lot about some great rewards that I can give you for contributing to this project. Actually that's not strictly true. I thought a little about it. But it was very high-quality thinking. Then I listed those rewards. You can see what they are over on the right-hand side of the page and you will probably like at least one of them. Then you will feel real good about contributing to this project.

It would be great if you could tell other people about this campaign. Because I only have a few friends, and they don't like to give me things as much as strangers do. I don't know why. So maybe your friends will be more generous.

Thank you!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol @ the project but also lol @ his icon

vs his face

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
this is a fetish isn't it

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Werthog 95 posted:

I will make a film showing myself staring at the camera for thirty minutes. Possibly more.

Hello. My name is Jeremy Bornstein. People tell me that I have very expressive eyes. That is why I want to make a short film showing myself staring at the camera for thirty minutes, and give that film away for free on the internet to anyone who wants to download it.

Remember classified ads? They were in newspapers. The best classified ad was the one that said "SEND $1 FOR INFORMATION." That guy made a lot of money from that ad. I don't even know if he sent out any information--I bet he didn't. But that was before the internet. He probably couldn't get away with that sort of thing now because there are no more newspapers.

I would love for you to be a part of this project. Because if I were the only supporter, and I were to give myself money for it, I wouldn't have any more money than before. And when you give money to yourself it doesn't change the amount of money that you have for buying things. Unless you buy them from yourself, which doesn't make a lot of sense really if you think about it.

I already have a camera I can use, and will film in beautiful natural light so I don't need any lights or anything. And the camera uses digital film, and a battery that I can recharge from the house current. That is why I only need $15,037 to fund this project. The funds will be used for some combination of promotions, props, locations, and reward fulfillment.

Speaking of rewards: I have thought a lot about some great rewards that I can give you for contributing to this project. Actually that's not strictly true. I thought a little about it. But it was very high-quality thinking. Then I listed those rewards. You can see what they are over on the right-hand side of the page and you will probably like at least one of them. Then you will feel real good about contributing to this project.

It would be great if you could tell other people about this campaign. Because I only have a few friends, and they don't like to give me things as much as strangers do. I don't know why. So maybe your friends will be more generous.

Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjmUduvaRx0

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Werthog 95 posted:

lol @ the project but also lol @ his icon

vs his face

people tell me i have a very egg shaped head

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
very eggspressive :wotwot:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

qntm posted:

these are rad

yes they own p hard

but the part where the pirate looks like hes stepping on a woman was made for being posted as 'the patriarchy'

but that art does own

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

i think the best part is how the layout looks like a compusa ad circa 1991

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Al! posted:

people tell me i have a very egg shaped head

it's a condition that affects more of us than we think. i didn't learn of my eggheadedness until i had to shave my head for chemo

(on that day i had 2 tragic conditions)

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

hubris.height posted:

the patriarchy.jpg

i dont generally play video games but:

Yodzilla posted:

I want to play a webcomic game with art by Jess Fink, Trudy Cooper and Erika Moen.

i kind of agree w/ this statement

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
me too

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
hey guys i'm going to cash in on this zombie fad and kickstart my own zombie project. which of these ideas sounds the best?

Zombie Con
(a zombie comedy or ZomCom)

Staring George A. Romero, Sam Rami, and Bruce Campell as themselves. While attending a SciFi/Fantasy convention, they must use their expertise in zombies to defend against a zombie apocalypse.

Kind of like Galaxy Quest but with zombies. Lots of moment for Romero et al to bicker over various zombie tropes. They all feel vindicated when zombies do in fact move slowly.

Fear and Loathing and Zombies
(a ZomCom)

Gonzo style memoir about the zombie apocalypse.
We can't stop here, this is zombie country!

Final FantaZ
(video game)

A Left for Dead style video game featuring the characters of the beloved Final Fantasy video game series.

Peace and Love and Zombies
(a ZomCom)

A zombie outbreak occurs during the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival. Jimi Hendrix obviously takes the lead in fighting them off.

100 years of Zombitude
(a novel)

One Hundred Years of Zombitude tells the story of the rise and fall, birth (and death) of the mythical town of Macondo through the history of the Buendía family (who founded the town after the zombie apocalypse). Inventive, amusing, magnetic, sad, and alive with unforgettable men and women -- brimming with truth, compassion, and a lyrical magic that strikes the soul -- this novel is a masterpiece in the art of fiction.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

hey guys i'm going to cash in on this zombie fad and kickstart my own zombie project. which of these ideas sounds the best?

Zombie Con
(a zombie comedy or ZomCom)

Staring George A. Romero, Sam Rami, and Bruce Campell as themselves. While attending a SciFi/Fantasy convention, they must use their expertise in zombies to defend against a zombie apocalypse.

Kind of like Galaxy Quest but with zombies. Lots of moment for Romero et al to bicker over various zombie tropes. They all feel vindicated when zombies do in fact move slowly.

Fear and Loathing and Zombies
(a ZomCom)

Gonzo style memoir about the zombie apocalypse.
We can't stop here, this is zombie country!

Final FantaZ
(video game)

A Left for Dead style video game featuring the characters of the beloved Final Fantasy video game series.

Peace and Love and Zombies
(a ZomCom)

A zombie outbreak occurs during the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival. Jimi Hendrix obviously takes the lead in fighting them off.

100 years of Zombitude
(a novel)

One Hundred Years of Zombitude tells the story of the rise and fall, birth (and death) of the mythical town of Macondo through the history of the Buendía family (who founded the town after the zombie apocalypse). Inventive, amusing, magnetic, sad, and alive with unforgettable men and women -- brimming with truth, compassion, and a lyrical magic that strikes the soul -- this novel is a masterpiece in the art of fiction.

i'm guessing these are all actual kickstarter projects aren't they?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
zombies but with bitcoin but with zombies

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
fiat currency is a metaphor for zombies

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

but on the plus side, they also have zach weinersmith, who is awesome :allears:

apparently teh wife and i know the weinersmiths from grad school and i didn't even realize it. mrs. weinersmith was her labmate or something

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Trig Discipline posted:

apparently teh wife and i know the weinersmiths from grad school and i didn't even realize it. mrs. weinersmith was her labmate or something

:dong: :smith:

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

heh

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
wieners

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

your wife is quite familiar with weiners

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Trig Discipline posted:

apparently teh wife and i know the weinersmiths from grad school and i didn't even realize it

i heard your wife was quite the weinersmith herself in grad school

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
well we do practice a lot

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
[img-dongsmith-av.gif]

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lukeahearn/bezoar-the-barbarian?ref=category

Follow Bezoar the ultra-violent and his pal the thief-slut Dark Slice as they murder and steal together just like real adventurers!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

fritz posted:

thief-slut Dark Slice

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

fritz posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lukeahearn/bezoar-the-barbarian?ref=category

Follow Bezoar the ultra-violent and his pal the thief-slut Dark Slice as they murder and steal together just like real adventurers!

not a poser thing at all

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
gadzooks

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

PEWDIEPIE posted:

not a poser thing at all

i thought poser was defunded and dead like 5 years ago

how the gently caress are people still using it

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Ripoff posted:

i couldnt find the gif with the guy seductively winking while "it's free software" appears underneath but imagine i posted that

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Ripoff posted:

ask wendyvainity

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
there's this thing now

http://www.daz3d.com/products/daz-studio/daz-studio-what-is-daz-studio/

quote:

People of all skill levels and all walks of life use DAZ Studio for a variety of reasons. People with backgrounds as diverse as air-traffic controllers to stay at home moms create amazing art and animation using DAZ Studio.

hmmyeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Proteus4994 posted:

i think the best part is how the layout looks like a compusa ad circa 1991

its meant to get dumb nerds to buy it "because it'll be great for grandma"

• Locked thread