Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

What's the achievement between From Scratch and Uncanny Clicker? Is that the one where you reset with a quadrillion cookies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Business Gorillas posted:

What's the achievement between From Scratch and Uncanny Clicker? Is that the one where you reset with a quadrillion cookies?

Correct, Nihilism.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

yes

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=38612077

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cookies have changed. It's no longer about dough, chocolate chips or macadamia nuts. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by grandmas and eldritch horros. Cookies, and its consumption of life, have become a well-oiled machine. Cookies have changed. ID tagged kittens carry ID tagged rolling pins, use ID tagged aprons. Cursors inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Clicking control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Cookies have changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from the Great War. And he who controls the clicking, controls history. Cookies have changed. When the clicking is under total control, cookies... become routine.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

I came here from the PYF Ban thread because some idiot got banned discussing a game where all you do is click a loving cookie and now I'm just clicking a loving cookie over and over again I have work in eight hours and I need to sleep HEEEEEELLLLLLLlllllllllppppppppppppp

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have kitten overseers! Now it is I who controls the milk and the cookies! :toot:

...so I have 8.686 billion CPS and according to Cookie Monster, I have 73 heavenly chips. So I wonder if I should try to get to 100 Anti-Matter Condensers before I reset.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

VJeff posted:

I have kitten overseers! Now it is I who controls the milk and the cookies! :toot:

...so I have 8.686 billion CPS and according to Cookie Monster, I have 73 heavenly chips. So I wonder if I should try to get to 100 Anti-Matter Condensers before I reset.

God no, not at that rate and those few chips. I had 40 billion CPS and it was gonna take me forever. You can try going as far as you want, but you're probably going to hit a wall eventually. Then I would definitely reset.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Color Printer posted:

God no, not at that rate and those few chips. I had 40 billion CPS and it was gonna take me forever. You can try going as far as you want, but you're probably going to hit a wall eventually. Then I would definitely reset.

Reset when the monotony makes me want to die, rinse, repeat. Got it!

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 20, 2013

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.

Nice Davis posted:

I came here from the PYF Ban thread because some idiot got banned discussing a game where all you do is click a loving cookie and now I'm just clicking a loving cookie over and over again I have work in eight hours and I need to sleep HEEEEEELLLLLLLlllllllllppppppppppppp

I lost sleep over this dumb game too! God drat it

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I got really annoyed and ragereset at 40 heavenly chips for some reason. And then didn't have true neverclick patience.

I am not a patient person gosh.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I love this thread because theres so many posters coming here that I've never seen before because of cookies :shepface:

One of my friends said that he doesn't run the game anymore because he isn't close to getting anything. I told him that that made the opposite of sense, since the whole game is literally just letting it run

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I got too a Quadrillion and reset.

All those cookies...

All that milk.... :cry:

Oh hey, 85 heavenly chips!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Do you get Heavenly Chips based on total cookies produced, or do you actually have to bank a set amount before resetting to get them?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

Do you get Heavenly Chips based on total cookies produced, or do you actually have to bank a set amount before resetting to get them?

Total produced. They also add up, so if you reset with 80 trillion totally produced after you've reset with 19 trillion totally produced, you get 89 trillion forfeted in the statistic and the chips you get from resetting add together with the chips you already had.

This is a big deal for me, cause I was getting really frustrated trying to just accumulate cookies when 2 billion cps was a high mark for me. Now that I know you can just keep resetting and boost your cps, it makes the higher upgrades way more attainable.

Kp
Aug 3, 2002

Lets drill
I don't know if anybody has seen this yet but somebody in Japan has made a grandma figure.

They show it off in this broadcast here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/38998435 (Skip to 1:41:00 to get to the grandma).

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Does the Mathematician achievement require precise numbers? I thought it was patched to at least, but I can't seem to get it.

EDIT: I'm dumb, I had too few Farms

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Oh wow. We've crossed over to meatspace, pretty soon the known universe will fill up with cookies. No vacancy!

I'm at 8 Heavenly Chips if I reset now. Need mooooooooore.. :eng99:

[edit]
Oh god I just got 7 trillion cookies on a lucky cookie chain, bought another condenser and jumped from 500 million to 730 million cps.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Sep 20, 2013

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
We really do know so little about the true workings of the universe that a cookie universe is certainly a possibility. At least if the science that I don't know has anything to say about it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Behold! A Elk! posted:

We really do know so little about the true workings of the universe that a cookie universe is certainly a possibility. At least if the science that I don't know has anything to say about it.

If you believe the universe is infinite, anything is possible.

At some point in time somewhere in the universe, there has been or will be a civilization that built anti-matter condensers to bake more cookies.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Reset at 203 chips because the last 8 condensers were going to take forever. Back up to 1b cps, next stop 9t for kittens.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

nimby posted:

If you believe the universe is infinite, anything is possible.

At some point in time somewhere in the universe, there has been or will be a civilization that built anti-matter condensers to bake more cookies.

This is technically untrue but not necessarily incorrect. It's not that anything is possible, it's that everything that is remotely possible, no matter how colossally improbable, will inevitably occur within an infinite time spent in an infinite universe. If this is true, then there indeed was or will be a civilization that went to insane, reality-altering lengths for cookies. I don't know about the anti-matter condensers because that's Not Scientific but I could certainly see a bunch of universal constructors set to "DELICIOUS loving COOKIES" and just left running full-bore.

It seems more likely that we exist in an effectively finite universe, but the infinite universe theory leads to some wonderfully insane categorical certainties.

edit: I'm at 17 heavenly chips after my first crack at the game. Should I reset? I kind of want to stick it out and get a few more achievements and heavenly chips, but things are starting to slow down quite a lot.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Sep 20, 2013

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I'm at work and every once in a while I get a warm feeling because a number will have ticked up enough to let me make the number tick up faster.

There is some perverse glitch with the human mind that enables this behavior.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I'm at work and every once in a while I get a warm feeling because a number will have ticked up enough to let me make the number tick up faster.

There is some perverse glitch with the human mind that enables this behavior.

Progress. We're wired to feel super good about ourselves when we overcome a challenge, improve our situation, or gain access to more useful resources, so as to motivate us to go out and compete and grow strong. So naturally we make video games that simulate that dynamic so we can get the little happy feeling without having to actually do much of anything. It's one of the major dynamics in a ton of RPGs - you're always working towards that next level, that next awesome weapon, that next thing that won't change your life but will make you feel good anyway because you tried to do a thing and eventually succeeded.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Kp posted:

I don't know if anybody has seen this yet but somebody in Japan has made a grandma figure.

They show it off in this broadcast here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/38998435 (Skip to 1:41:00 to get to the grandma).

I... I want this.

It's beautiful.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
The worst thing about this game is I'm developing a serious urge to get my bake on in real life but everybody in the house is trying to diet so if I made a billion real-world cookies I'd have to eat them all myself, or pervert the minds of my peers into joining my cookie-based cult.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

GenericOverusedName posted:

The worst thing about this game is I'm developing a serious urge to get my bake on in real life but everybody in the house is trying to diet so if I made a billion real-world cookies I'd have to eat them all myself, or pervert the minds of my peers into joining my cookie-based cult.

If you aren't turning your roommates into cookies, you're playing the game wrong. :colbert:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Or you could just hold a bake sale with all the proceeds going to some feel-good charity for orphaned kittens or something, and then a) everyone around you will feel compelled to buy the cookies out of compassion and/or guilt and b) you will look like just the golden-heartedest motherfucker around.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Man, Cookie Monster's 'time to next chip' calculation is out of whack during an Red Cookie 'Clot' event. It went from 4 seconds, back to 10 seconds, back to 40 seconds, then to 2+ hours. All without awarding me a chip. :(

Next upgrade to buy: Elder Pact. :gonk:

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
Finally caved and clicked the cookie this run. I forgot that the clicking upgrades require you to have clicked the cookie. I was looking forward to one massive click that would pierce the heavens and rain chocolate fire upon the frightened masses.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Sounds like the best thing to me.

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.

What's worse is being the one on a diet.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Oh poo poo, the grandmatriarchy status is : displeased. :ohdear:

Now grandmas are breaking into homes to steal infants and baking utensils. I don't think I want to know what the cookies are being made from now.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Don't worry, the first Elder Pact is free. :unsmigghh:

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
I'm not sure I completely understand the "get lucky" upgrade. Does it only extend timed effects (frenzies, clots) or does it also affect the lump sum effects in some way?

If the former, then I don't really see a good reason for getting it, since once I built up a large enough surplus I've been mostly relying on lump-sum effects.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
It's the former, but it means there's a chance for the next golden cookie to pop up while a Frenzy is in progress. And guess what? Frenzy multiplies that lump sum you get from Lucky! golden cookies!

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Sage Grimm posted:

It's the former, but it means there's a chance for the next golden cookie to pop up while a Frenzy is in progress. And guess what? Frenzy multiplies that lump sum you get from Lucky! golden cookies!

Welp, I know what I'm buying next.

And another reason to never stop pledgin'

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

NewtGoongrich posted:

What happens when the kitten workers get too old to qualify as "kittens"? The news reports seem to indicate they are turned into cookies at the end of their kittenhood :(

We all get turned into cookies in the end.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The game is a precursor to an alternate universe where Logan's Run is a movie about cookies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

We all get turned into cookies in the end.
Soylent Green is cookies!

• Locked thread