Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

jackofarcades posted:

Yeah, but the Love Thumper will have much more "uptime" and you have to add in something like 40% more damage because of the Novas.

Exactly. Killing Henry and the minions is proving tougher than I thought it would be. I think I might need some help, tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

smashpro1 posted:

Exactly. Killing Henry and the minions is proving tougher than I thought it would be. I think I might need some help, tomorrow.

By 'tomorrow,' you mean today, but not until tonight... right? :v:

(What time zone/OP level are you again?)

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Friend and I are on Xbox right now. We could use a couple 61 sand hawks and flame of the firehawk. Neither of us are above 61 or have Overlevels yet, but a couple of the more popular gear wouldn't hurt.

Me: DominusDeus
Friend: Whisp3rD34th

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Rough Lobster posted:

Man, I wish I had the situational awareness to notice the little reset notice there, because I've been avoiding even picking up certain quests until I get max level to get the best possible goods.

Resetting is the fastest way I've found to level up if you don't have awesome gear (I can't raid the barfight as fast as before). Do the intro mission and the few that Sir Hammerlock gives you in Liar's Berg and reset, its worth ~70k experience or something similar to that

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Father Wendigo posted:

By 'tomorrow,' you mean today, but not until tonight... right? :v:

(What time zone/OP level are you again?)

Yes.

(Central time zone, OP lvl 8)

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
So back in the summer, I was playing the Tiny Tina DLC with a friend on XBL, and at some point I attempted to move my 360 (I don't even remember why I did it, but my fiancee and I were still unpacking from moving), and it put a nice circle scratch in the disc. The game stopped working, and I resolved to take it back to Gamestop, but I just forgot about it when I started playing Mass Effect again. :downs:

Well I put the game in my system yesterday to put some SHiFT codes in, but I had forgotten it didn't work. The game would play all of the developer loading screens but would give me an error before getting to the main menu. I called GameStop, and they said they wouldn't honor the 1 year warranty because a) I didn't have the receipt despite purchasing it in store with my GameStop Power ID or whatever and b) the 1 year warranty expired 3 days ago.

GameStop wanted me to buy it new for 20 bucks, but I wanted to repair it for cheaper. They said it couldn't be done for less than $10, but Game Over Videogames said they'd do it for $1.08. Drove 30 minutes there, they cleaned it up, and I couldn't see a scratch on it. I didn't see them test it, and I didn't ask them to test it because it only cost a dollar, and I thought it would be rude. So I got back to my apartment, and now the 360 won't even recognize the disc at all. At least before, the dashboard would say "Play BL2" in the game pane, but now it just says "Open Tray -> Insert Disc -> Reading -> Open Tray." I wiped it down with rubbing alcohol, and then even tried toothpaste, but still nothing.

So I could buy it from GameStop for $20, Amazon for $15 (Prime-eligible), or....take it back to the Game Over guys? I don't guess the employees can do much else, other than ask them to clean it again and again and test it before I leave?

A SkipDr costs about 15 bucks, but is this a lost cause? :ohdear:

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It's likely that dollar buffing you paid for took a crucial layer of data off, which is why the console can't recognize it as a game disc at all. It's not like buffing a DVD.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
I seem to be having a problem with Gibbed. Converted an xbox save to PS3, along with changing my level and gear to 72 with Gaige. It isn't letting me do this with Krieg. He's level 61 and any change I make reverts to 60 when I click sync.

Am I missing something here? Using Gibbed's r197.

Also, some begging here, anyone have a PSN account that they've bought BL2 and the packs on that they can share with me? It would save me, what, $80?

[edit] And now Gibbed apparently doesn't want to work right at all anymore. Extracting a save via Horizon, open it in Gibbed, and none of the levels will change. Changing my Gaige from 64 to 72 and clicking Sync drops it back to 64. Same with weapons. Manually changing the numbers to 72, saving, injecting it back with Horizon and loading it on xbox, results in my same level 64 character. In short: this sucks. Disregard. Figured poo poo out.

DominusDeus fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Sep 22, 2013

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Father Wendigo posted:

An added bonus to getting OP 8 level gear - you can turn the OP back down to 0 and still use OP 8 stuff, which dials back the difficulty to TVHM.

Who or what is supposed to drop the new Legendary Class Mods? Was it just Tubby enemies, or is there someone else I missed? Also, does anyone have a Psycho Terramorphus Slayer mod just lying around?

So far I've only noticed the Tubby enemies drop them, and they spawn fairly frequently. I've gotten legendary Engineer, Roboteer, Catalyst, Binder, and Reaper mods already. and a Bunny rocket launcher, which I didn't know existed until this past week.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

If you didn't get the season pass, Tiny Tina is half price this week on Xbox Live. Also Gaige and Krieg are half price too, and so are the BL1 DLC for the 3 people who don't have them.

HE ON THE TOILET
Jan 19, 2004

FUCK THE HATERS
TOILET SUPREMACY
So I've got the DLC and I am really trying to level as fast as possible, and I just tipped 55.

I wanted to attempt the one trick where you can grenade jump onto the roof in Sanctuary in order to clip into the back of Marcus's shop to kill the dummy over and over, but I read somewhere it's been patched out... Can anyone confirm?

I also heard that doing Pyro Pete's Bar over and over again nets decent experience gains, but I don't have a Norfleet or a Sham shield - if anyone is interested in helping me level or at least duping those items, hit me up! Shoot me a PM here or send me a message on XBL

GT is HEONTHETOILET

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
I finally got a lvl 61 Sham shield and Norfleet I am lvl 64. How far will I be able to get on those lvl 61 items cutting everything down pretty easy now.

HE ON THE TOILET
Jan 19, 2004

FUCK THE HATERS
TOILET SUPREMACY

Winkie01 posted:

I finally got a lvl 61 Sham shield and Norfleet I am lvl 64. How far will I be able to get on those lvl 61 items cutting everything down pretty easy now.

Any chance you could help a brother out and dupe those for me? I'll throw a custom title your way...

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

HE ON THE TOILET posted:

Any chance you could help a brother out and dupe those for me? I'll throw a custom title your way...

Winkie32 PS3

HE ON THE TOILET
Jan 19, 2004

FUCK THE HATERS
TOILET SUPREMACY

Winkie01 posted:

Winkie32 PS3

gently caress I'm on Xbox... :gonk:

Anyone have these on XBL that can help me out and dupe a sham and a norfleet gets a custom title of their choice!!

gamer tag is HEONTHETOILET

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

HE ON THE TOILET posted:

gently caress I'm on Xbox... :gonk:

Anyone have these on XBL that can help me out and dupe a sham and a norfleet gets a custom title of their choice!!

gamer tag is HEONTHETOILET

I have a 61 Sham (no 61 Norfleets, sadly), and three 72 versions of Norfleet (fire, slag, corrosive) with a matching 72 Sham plus a 72 Berserker mod and other assorted things. I've sent on a friend request (GT is my forums name) if those will help. I'll double check to make sure I still don't have a 61 Norfleet somewhere in my list of characters.

E: upon review, I do not have Norfleets in the Lv 61 variety.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 25, 2013

HE ON THE TOILET
Jan 19, 2004

FUCK THE HATERS
TOILET SUPREMACY

ShadowedFlames posted:

I have a 61 Sham (no 61 Norfleets, sadly), and three 72 versions of Norfleet (fire, slag, corrosive) with a matching 72 Sham plus a 72 Berserker mod and other assorted things. I've sent on a friend request (GT is my forums name) if those will help. I'll double check to make sure I still don't have a 61 Norfleet somewhere in my list of characters.

E: upon review, I do not have Norfleets in the Lv 61 variety.

I'll happily take whatever I can get... Just trying to get leveled as fast as possible - if you have any guns that might help me farm a Norfleet that would help. I'll be home and online in about 15 minutes.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

HE ON THE TOILET posted:

I'll happily take whatever I can get... Just trying to get leveled as fast as possible - if you have any guns that might help me farm a Norfleet that would help. I'll be home and online in about 15 minutes.

sent ya a request hopefully your on later since ill be doing a few op runs with a charector and if you have the new dlc i have alot of op 8 stuff i can dupe you

HE ON THE TOILET
Jan 19, 2004

FUCK THE HATERS
TOILET SUPREMACY

Skater h8er posted:

sent ya a request hopefully your on later since ill be doing a few op runs with a charector and if you have the new dlc i have alot of op 8 stuff i can dupe you

Sweet. I'm logging in right now - I'll take whatever I can get.

Stri-Daddy
Feb 15, 2003

Winkie01 posted:

Oh man, I could really use these. Any chance of a dupe? PS3 name STRILDO

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Does anyone have some non overpowered 72 gear that they can dupe? My gear sucks and I keep getting killed trying Digistruct Peak.

I assume you can't group online with people overpowered cos holy poo poo there is no one on under match browser

PS3: Winkie32

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Neat, running a new gimmick melee build with Krieg I can do roughly around 700mil per melee.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Winkie01 posted:

Does anyone have some non overpowered 72 gear that they can dupe? My gear sucks and I keep getting killed trying Digistruct Peak.

I assume you can't group online with people overpowered cos holy poo poo there is no one on under match browser

PS3: Winkie32

I have probably died two dozen times trying it solo. I got gear if you want it and can help out

Psn DrSmasher

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Dr.Smasher posted:

I have probably died two dozen times trying it solo. I got gear if you want it and can help out

Psn DrSmasher

Sorry man, my mic is broke and ps froze :(

God drat dude thanks a ton

Winkie01 fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 28, 2013

HE ON THE TOILET
Jan 19, 2004

FUCK THE HATERS
TOILET SUPREMACY
I'm still looking for a Norfleet... Custom title goes to anyone who can help out!

Please... :gonk:

edit: I'm halfway to level 59 - XBL: HEONTHETOILET

HE ON THE TOILET fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 28, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

HE ON THE TOILET posted:

I'm still looking for a Norfleet... Custom title goes to anyone who can help out!

Please... :gonk:

edit: I'm halfway to level 59 - XBL: HEONTHETOILET

I'll throw you a 61 when I get on tonight if nobody else does. I may be down for some power leveling too; lemme see how I feel after work today.

HE ON THE TOILET
Jan 19, 2004

FUCK THE HATERS
TOILET SUPREMACY

Father Wendigo posted:

I'll throw you a 61 when I get on tonight if nobody else does. I may be down for some power leveling too; lemme see how I feel after work today.

It would be a huge help. I'll be looking for ya.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Neo Helbeast posted:

Neat, running a new gimmick melee build with Krieg I can do roughly around 700mil per melee.

:stare:
You can't just say that without giving us details!

edit: You sure you didn't mean 70 mil?

smashpro1 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 29, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

HE ON THE TOILET posted:

It would be a huge help. I'll be looking for ya.
I'm on right now, hop on Toilet-San.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

smashpro1 posted:

:stare:
You can't just say that without giving us details!

edit: You sure you didn't mean 70 mil?

750mil-ish actually. I also have a cap damage sniper build with axton.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
Good for three golden keys, until October 6th:

PC: 53W3J-FXW6X-KT93B-3T3JJ-RW3KK
PS3: K3K3J-R96ZK-Z9553-9BC3J-K6BHW
XBOX: KBWBJ-TFFK3-9R9T6-WXJJT-JBFRK

Now, just like Facebook, I expect 20 poo poo comments about how you all don't even play this game anymore.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Finally got my Axton up to 72 after grinding out chubby spiderants. I swear those fuckers only ever drop commando mods. Anyway, Axton's 1.4 million health doesn't mean jack poo poo to a level 76 Scorch. Goddamn did he hit hard.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Seneschal posted:

Good for three golden keys, until October 6th:

PC: 53W3J-FXW6X-KT93B-3T3JJ-RW3KK
PS3: K3K3J-R96ZK-Z9553-9BC3J-K6BHW
XBOX: KBWBJ-TFFK3-9R9T6-WXJJT-JBFRK

Now, just like Facebook, I expect 20 poo poo comments about how you all don't even play this game anymore.

I still bust it out. I had fun phase locking anything that moved with Winkie the other day.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIRRM5NIe54

https://www.borderlands2loothunt.com/

quote:

HELLOOO VAULT HUNTERS
If you're interested in shooting things in the face, picking up loot, and then shooting NEW things in the face with the NEW loot you picked up, then congratulations — your face is about to be blown right the heck off!

In the coming weeks, some of Pandora's craziest guns will start dropping in a bunch of unusual places. Imagine what it'd be like if Knuckle Dragger dropped Gwen's Head (except you won't really have to imagine, because that's literally the first thing that's going to happen once the fun starts)!

Once you get the special gun, then you get to be part of what we're calling Community Goals. Basically, a Community Goal involves killing a special type of enemy with that day's unique gun. If you guys cumulatively kill enough enemies singled out in the daily Community Goals, then you'll unlock a Community Reward (read: uniquely super-awesome gun) at the week's end!

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR — REGISTER NOW!

...then check back October 11 to GET. YOUR. LOOT. ON!

There are actual prizes involved with completing the challenges, like cash and merchandise.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Evil Badman posted:

There are actual prizes involved with completing the challenges, like cash and merchandise.

Disclaimer: cash and prizes are US only. Altered loot drops and such are worldwide. In case people don't click the video, figured it needed to be said.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 4, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

ShadowedFlames posted:

Disclaimer: cash and prizes are US only. Altered loot drops and such are worldwide. In case people don't click the video, figured it needed to be said.

Yeah but:

quote:

If you guys cumulatively kill enough enemies singled out in the daily Community Goals, then you'll unlock a Community Reward (read: uniquely super-awesome gun) at the week's end!

Will I get to be part of this??? I don't care about the loving prizes, but I want to be part of the community challenge and get the super-guns god damnit!!! You have to confirm you're a US citizen to sign up at all. I want to hunt monsters too!

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Greenplastic posted:

Yeah but:

Will I get to be part of this??? I don't care about the loving prizes, but I want to be part of the community challenge and get the super-guns god damnit!!! You have to confirm you're a US citizen to sign up at all. I want to hunt monsters too!

The way I interpret it, yes, you'll still be eligible for that.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Evil Badman posted:

Welp, looks like it's finally time to hit max level with my Gaige.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
gearboxsoftware 5 hours ago

This has been flagged as spam hide • Not Spam

Unfortunately there are crazy rules/legal shenanigans in all the different countries with sweepstakes so it is US only. On the bright side, there are going to be some awesome drops for a whole month and some permanent tweaks made to some of the guns that will make them even more powerful. Everyone will be able to experience the new in-game loot benefits.

Gun tweaks inbound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Dr.Smasher posted:

I still bust it out. I had fun phase locking anything that moved with Winkie the other day.

<3

• Locked thread