Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Did you entirely miss the point of the episode or was there some post that implied this?

Harry posted:

I loved how like a minute before that they were talking about how you don't want too many and then it cuts to like 15 thugish looking black guys at the bar. I thought it was a great episode. The bar scene was also a spoof on actual bars like that that are just terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Is anyone else with DirecTV having trouble getting FXX now? The first two weeks of Always Sunny/League recorded fine, but not last night's episodes. It's telling me I don't subscribe, which is weird since everything else is working.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

GigaPeon posted:

Is anyone else with DirecTV having trouble getting FXX now? The first two weeks of Always Sunny/League recorded fine, but not last night's episodes. It's telling me I don't subscribe, which is weird since everything else is working.

According to this http://news.directv.com/2013/08/30/fxx-free-trial-sept-2-sept-13/ you have to have the XTRA package or greater to get FXX. I guess they were just giving you a free trial from Sep 2 - 13.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

GigaPeon posted:

I think it was posted earlier but the first few weeks was part of a "sneak peek" for FXX but I could be wrong.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Ah well there are definitely bars that are bright and colourful that serve bright colourful drinks staffed by bright colourful people, but emotional drama tends to vary on a case by case basis

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This might be a dumb question or not the best place to ask it but I will anyway. I have Verizon FIOS. I get FXX. Is there no way to get FXX On Demand? I get FX On Demand.

Searching for it also turns up nothing so am I pretty much out of luck? As I'm writing this it already occurs to me that FXX On Demand doesn't exist yet because they want to maximize revenue from people watching the actual channel or something. Damnit.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

Irish Joe posted:

No one under 25 should be excited to hear the Spice Girls considering that their first and only hit was released 17 years ago.
First and only hit? Were things different in the us? I remember more than one hit, that's for sure.

Anyway, when the gang was discussing if their location was all wrong I wondered for a second if they were going to look for an even more obscure location, but I guess they didn't feel like bringing more attention to the FXX move. It would've probably made the episode too bloated anyway.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

The only moment I didn't enjoy was the burlesque subplot because the scene with Frank and Artemis came out of left field and the plot wasn't given time to develop.

I think the whole burlesque subplot was a stab at darker themed shows that win awards for being "deep" when they're really just hosed up and dumb.

IE: 24

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Condiv posted:

I think the whole burlesque subplot was a stab at darker themed shows that win awards for being "deep" when they're really just hosed up and dumb.

Yea. What's funny is FX has a show just like that in Sons of Anarchy. There are constant rapes and murders, someone's (adult) daughter was set on fire, and just last week there was an elementary school shooting.

There's no real point to any of it, either.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Barf Wight posted:

First and only hit? Were things different in the us? I remember more than one hit, that's for sure.

We don't know what Jedward is either.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I probably should have focused more on this episode. I was doing other things at the time and it just wasn't really keeping my attention. Now that I'm looking at posts about it, I'm starting to catch the jokes I missed and loving them. Should probably watch it again.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

CaptainHollywood posted:

I think it was posted earlier but the first few weeks was part of a "sneak peek" for FXX but I could be wrong.

Balls.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

boom boom boom posted:

We don't know what Jedward is either.

I do :(

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Hoffbonics posted:

Here's some takes of Charlie's drugged up song that didn't make it into the episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jH4T3LQvUs
From their youtube:
Oh My God!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-E2kdNDPJc

(Spoiler for an upcoming episode, no plot points only hints that something is going to come back)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Condiv posted:

Yeah, I gathered that much. Although I was linking it to American Horror story since every other episode involves some sort of bondage gear, amputee sex, or other general deviency.

rustybikes
Mar 12, 2004

timpanihilistic posted:

I would like to formally request a gif of Dennis's facial expressions right before the title card, avatar sized please. tia

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

It's much more subtle than Dee's but I laughed so hard when I first saw that.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Condiv posted:

I saw it differently. I thought "dimly lit, tasteful nudity, period costumes, serving martinis" was meant as a dig at Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire. Shows that aren't as huge in terms of ratings but are constant critical darlings (not many people there, but it's won a shitload of awards)

Hoffbonics
May 12, 2003

Always a gentleman
youtube.com/letsgotoclass
Nothing weird here, just a normal everyday interview with Chad Coleman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3axVH37F0ds

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Hoffbonics posted:

Nothing weird here, just a normal everyday interview with Chad Coleman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3axVH37F0ds

I forgot he was in the Walking Dead. I'm too busy posting about hating the show that I don't remember what happens.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I saw it differently. I thought "dimly lit, tasteful nudity, period costumes, serving martinis" was meant as a dig at Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire. Shows that aren't as huge in terms of ratings but are constant critical darlings (not many people there, but it's won a shitload of awards)

But what did the bottle being shoved up frank's rear end symbolise.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Condiv posted:

That Frank and Artemis are sexual deviants who fail to recognise the existence of a middle ground and always take every innocuous idea to its ultimate and horrifying conclusion

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Whats wrong with putting stuff up your rear end in your own office?

Hoffbonics
May 12, 2003

Always a gentleman
youtube.com/letsgotoclass

Condiv posted:

The Sopranos

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Great episode. Taylor Swift being the soundtrack to Paddy's Pub was so goddamn bizarre and hilarious. Also good to see Artemis again. And by good I mean disturbing like always.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

Pete Cambell.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Condiv posted:

Breaking Bad.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Condiv posted:

Sex and the City.

pincky
Oct 28, 2010
Just chiming in to say that this was one of the funniest episodes of IASIP ever!
It was especially funny if you watched some of the Comic-Con 2013 videos where the crew mentioned that they never won any Emmy Awards.

IASIP Panel (with special mention for Kaitlin Olson never winning one)
Rob & Charlie Interview
Kaitlin & Glenn Interview

If Kaitlin doesn't win an Emmy this year, I WILL STRANGLE THEM! I WILL STICK MY GODDAMM THUMB THROUGH THEIR EYE!!

fake edit:
I just came at them... hard..

A A 2 3 5 8 K
Nov 24, 2003
Illiteracy... what does that word even mean?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Great episode. Taylor Swift being the soundtrack to Paddy's Pub was so goddamn bizarre and hilarious. Also good to see Artemis again. And by good I mean disturbing like always.

I'm really loving the idea of Taylor Swift watching that episode and thinking, "Hey they like my song so much they put it in their show that's so great!!!!" and not getting the joke.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Shes gonna not get that joke all the way to the bank

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I probably should have focused more on this episode. I was doing other things at the time and it just wasn't really keeping my attention. Now that I'm looking at posts about it, I'm starting to catch the jokes I missed and loving them. Should probably watch it again.

This was my experience as well. I was trying to multitask. Watching it again with context made it a fantastic episode.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I think you guys are thinking too much into jizz jokes. I doubt they are intentionally trying to satirize the Emmys or anything.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
You honestly don't think this episode is about the Emmys? :stare:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Oscar playing the manager and the not jim and not pan flirting with each other and them specifically saying: "I want to come back next week to see if they get together?"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

The only moment I didn't enjoy was the burlesque subplot because the scene with Frank and Artemis came out of left field and the plot wasn't given time to develop.

Condiv posted:

I think it might have been more geared towards lampooning shows like Game of Thrones or True Blood, that are full of hosed-up sexual poo poo, but still considered art and awesome (and I say this as a big Game of Thrones fan, mind you, but agree that toning down the needless sex and nudity wouldn't be terrible.)

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

I doubt they are intentionally trying to satirize the Emmys or anything.

I was curious if somebody like you existed. Dude, it isn't even subtle.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Sartana posted:

I was curious if somebody like you existed. Dude, it isn't even subtle.

At all. At all.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Like it was not at all even possible to be about anything besides not winning awards

I'm not going to even cite any of the parts because it was literally pretty much every part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Conquistador posted:

Like it was not at all even possible to be about anything besides not winning awards

I'm not going to even cite any of the parts because it was literally pretty much every part.

Okay Charlie time to go get some glasses from the basement thanks

The black guy from under the bridge being the only one enjoying Charlie's song really made that final scene.