Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

For the love of god let's switch that icon out right at the end. I can't take this old one anymore and it's border doesn't fit the new border radius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I can't wait for the iOS7 version. I don't know how possible it is or if its already in the beta, but a pseudo-fullscreen like Safari has would be neat in this.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I can't wait for the iOS7 version. I don't know how possible it is or if its already in the beta, but a pseudo-fullscreen like Safari has would be neat in this.

Psssss. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564303

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Saw that, but don't know how to install it. Is it as simple as dropping it in with ifunbox?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Saw that, but don't know how to install it. Is it as simple as dropping it in with ifunbox?

Gotta build it yourself with Xcode for now.

Does iFunBox somehow handle unsigned .ipas? Like apps not from the App Store? It just looks like a file manager but maybe I'm missing something.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know, I was going to try and see. If I horribly screw something up, I'll restore, no biggie. Xcode is only for Macs? I guess being on Windows I'm out of luck.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, xcode is mac only. You also either need a developer account or a jailbroken device to get the app running.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I've lost the ability to swipe in the bookmark bar from the left on my iPad after updating to iOS 7.

It's not a big deal because I can tap the icon in the top left, but I did like being able to swipe it into view.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

JazzFlight posted:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I've lost the ability to swipe in the bookmark bar from the left on my iPad after updating to iOS 7.

It's not a big deal because I can tap the icon in the top left, but I did like being able to swipe it into view.

Likewise except mine worked once after updating and then never again.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

You can get it back by disabling multitasking gestures in Settings > General.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
Maybe it's a memory thing, but multitasking is nearly impossible on my 4S with ios7. Every time I switch to a different app and back Awful resets to the landing screen, and the remainder of the posts on the page are marked as read.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

in_cahoots posted:

Maybe it's a memory thing, but multitasking is nearly impossible on my 4S with ios7. Every time I switch to a different app and back Awful resets to the landing screen, and the remainder of the posts on the page are marked as read.

Same here, it seems like awful has a really low priority or something; I'm seeing it close when looking at a single safari tab.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Same here, it seems like awful has a really low priority or something; I'm seeing it close when looking at a single safari tab.

I know this doesn't help you, but it works fine on a 5. Might be able to help localize the bug though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Then maybe it is a memory issue. :/

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well for the ios7 version of the app pokeyman is using new functions to save the app state so this should hopefully be an outdated problem.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
So I don't know if you're really going to update the current awful anymore, but I found a bug. On iOS 7, ipad 4th gen. I can no longer swipe right to get the sidebar. I have to push the button in the top left corner.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

At this point I basically only browse the forums using this mobile app. It owns.

Maybe most users just don't know about it?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

At this point I basically only browse the forums using this mobile app. It owns.

Maybe most users just don't know about it?

Hold on while I hack up some code to modify the signature of anyone who uses Awful.app to read "Posted in Awful.app. CLICK HERE to download in iTunes!!"

Daveh
Jan 18, 2005

You know what? You know what you're putting into our bodies? Death! Delicious, strawberry-flavored death!
I only found out about it a couple of days ago from the IOS 7 thread, and it owns!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I guess someone could buy a banner-ad for it once the new version is out. That might 'help'.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

xzzy posted:

Hold on while I hack up some code to modify the signature of anyone who uses Awful.app to read "Posted in Awful.app. CLICK HERE to download in iTunes!!"

Signatures might be the one feature nobody has requested in Awful.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I just moved back to iOS, didn't this app used to have an ability to use no ads? I'm not seeing anything in settings.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You have to have no ads purchased on the actual forums to have them removed from the app.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Ah ok I thought I did but maybe I don't. I will check. Thanks!

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

There's also the option to enable ads again if you have no-ads purchased, so make sure that's not on (in your options on the actual forums, not the app)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

pokeyman posted:

Consider that request made.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
gently caress signatures

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

pokeyman posted:

$5 IAP to turn off the "Posted Using Awful" signature.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

death .cab for qt posted:

Consider that request made.

It's on the list*!

* The list of things that won't happen.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Please make a button in the quote/pm/see profile area for people with platinum that will send a Hello.jpg PM to the person selected. Thanks.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

pokeyman posted:

It's on the list*!

* The list of things that won't happen.

How am I supposed to get the Full FYAD Experience if I can't even see the pooping naked women

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Apparently I never bought the no ads option I've just been so accustomed to seeing ads my brain just glazes over them when I see them on my desktop.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

pokeyman posted:

You can get it back by disabling multitasking gestures in Settings > General.

I'm assuming at some point the multitasking gestures will be compatible again?

I just discovered the four fingered swipe and I don't want to give it up. :(

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Snuffman posted:

I'm assuming at some point the multitasking gestures will be compatible again?

I just discovered the four fingered swipe and I don't want to give it up. :(

Yup, everything works in the iOS 7 version which is under development.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I found a minor leper colony display quirk I think. When you tap or tap and hold on an LC entry with a long probate/ban reason, as it highlights the box changes size to cut some lines off. It fixes itself if you tap-hold-scroll and seemingly if you try to screenshot. iOS 6.1.4 iPhone 5

Test case, the ban attached to this post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571226&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post419710507

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Latest beta is looking good so far on iOS 7 (and stock 5). Though how do you feel about having the icon corners ripped off?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

Latest beta is looking good so far on iOS 7 (and stock 5). Though how do you feel about having the icon corners ripped off?

Love it. Part of the charm.

(I have a hunch that The Dave may disagree.)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

pokeyman posted:

(I have a hunch that The Dave may disagree.)

:mmmhmm:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I had a whole post typed up about the light/dark theme toggle switch behaving erratically, like randomly taking several seconds to respond but I have a bigger issue (that you probably just got the crash report for) to report: it ate the post and crashed to home! One image to be uploaded from the library. Let me know if I can paste anything useful from console. v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

This beta feels really weird after using Awful 2 for the past few weeks. So far so good though.

Edit: I actually thought this was the Awful 2 development thread. To be clear for anyone who isn't following it, I was building Awful 2 from source. It's definitely not ready yet.

• Locked thread