Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hmm, Costco might be getting Metroplex for $79.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Knormal posted:

Back to the F-22 Seekers, they're coming with a second head now. The first one was so absurdly bad and universally hated I figured they'd be pressured into changing it.
This is what totally kills it for me. If the parts of the legs the cars snap into were more skeletal so the cars were providing structural support I could probably accept it, but as it is I'm pretty sure they're just popped on the front. A combiner team shouldn't have optional members.

I'm surprised they even released it with that head, as it was universally panned as soon as photos came out. The new head is an improvement, though that's not saying much.

Mixed feelings about Menasor's legs. Visually, it doesn't look much different from other combiners who have feet that are stand-alone parts (Bruticus). Menasor just happens to have a frame behind the lower leg bot.

Then again, I think stand-alone feet don't look as good as having the lower leg bot making up the feet (Devastator, Puzzler).

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Rage posted:

FYI Metroplex is coming to Costco @ $79.99 item #994294. Guess it's arriving in the next couple weeks.

The_Doctor posted:

Hmm, Costco might be getting Metroplex for $79.99.

Yessir they are.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Rage posted:

Yessir they are.

Does anyone have a Costco card, someone said they may get Metroplexes!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Blackheart posted:

If you really want to sound like an TFW2005 user just read some Alucard77 threads and immerse yourself in the :psyduck:

Sorry for repeating myself, but this question got skipped before: if anyone has the FP Armored Battalion, could you share some opinions on them, and if you personally think they're worth the price?

I don't have them, but I asked this question a while back. The answer I got was if you dig bugs and buggy transformers, get them, but they aren't must-haves. Through watching reviews, I only heard good things I believe.

I still kind of want them but I just don't have space for poo poo I kind of want.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, I'm sort of stuck in the same "I kiiind of want them" place. If they had Venom it'd be a sure purchase since he was the only deluxe insecticon I had as a kid, and I loved 'im.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The FP Insecticons fall into that category of if they were maybe a half inch bigger I'd love them. They are cool little robots but hard to swallow at $70 each.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

^^^ I don't know if this is helpful or not, but the Armored Battalion giftset is $160 at tfsource, so that's like $53 per figure.

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, I'm sort of stuck in the same "I kiiind of want them" place. If they had Venom it'd be a sure purchase since he was the only deluxe insecticon I had as a kid, and I loved 'im.

Like, I think the colors are fantastic, and Ransack's and Barrage's molds both stroke that hot addiction nerve of mine. But I don't have the other three...and I feel like I couldn't have the second wave of Insecticons without the first, and I don't want to add SEVEN figures to my space (with the hope that some day I would find a good Venom).

Also I just bought Hexatron and pre-ordered FP Diesel and ToyWorld Chase, so...

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

oh goddammit double post sorry.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ahhh I was thinking of the purple regular release, not the gift set. I wasn't as big a fan of the color scheme in that set, plus I had the purple ones.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Recently finished MTMTE vol 4 and holy poo poo it was incredible. So many great lines/moments. I wish they made an animated version, if only to have voices to associate with the characters.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
when's #21 coming out?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

GD_American posted:

when's #21 coming out?
Apparently next week, I think?

I thought we were due for RID but maybe I missed it.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Spiderdrake posted:

Apparently next week, I think?

I thought we were due for RID but maybe I missed it.

RID is delayed, probably so Dark Cybertron can happen after MTMTEs big finale.

So excited for MTMTE. Its been a hell of a ride and the build up to the end of the first 'season' has been amazing.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just got the SDCC Deco Bruticus, he is now added to my collection of Generations G2 Bruticus, Generations Bruticus, Generations Ruination, Universe 2.0 Bruticus, Energon Bruticus, RID Ruination, Car Robots Valdigus, Artic Camo Ruination, Desert Camo Ruination, G2 Bruticus, and G1 Bruticus. :black101:

One dozen Bruticuses. That's around 60 Combaticons.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

I just got the SDCC Deco Bruticus, he is now added to my collection of Generations G2 Bruticus, Generations Bruticus, Generations Ruination, Universe 2.0 Bruticus, Energon Bruticus, RID Ruination, Car Robots Valdigus, Artic Camo Ruination, Desert Camo Ruination, G2 Bruticus, and G1 Bruticus. :black101:

Now combine them all.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

WendigoJohnson posted:

There's a few KO decos available too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh man, a preview is out finally but it skips from page 2 to page 4...

Tailgate :ohdear:

In unsurprising news, Cyclonus continues to be awesome and metal as gently caress.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sentinel Red posted:

Cyclonus continues to be awesome and metal as gently caress.

Well, all Cybertronians are metal as gently caress. They're made out of it.

(But I know what you mean bro, Cyclonus looks at a guy that is literally 100% metal, and he sneers, because he's more metal than that.)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm kinda shocked at how star sabre almost sounds like he's going into satire territory.

Unrelated but on the topic of Abominus - are the last couple figures short run and\or cut off by being end of line? Basically is the gift set the best idea for finishing him cheaply even if I'm not really big on the translucent deco? And what did people think about the combined form in hand anyway?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm kinda shocked at how star sabre almost sounds like he's going into satire territory.

Unrelated but on the topic of Abominus - are the last couple figures short run and\or cut off by being end of line? Basically is the gift set the best idea for finishing him cheaply even if I'm not really big on the translucent deco? And what did people think about the combined form in hand anyway?

I think they're all terrible, clear, normal, single or combined. Just terrible.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
vangelus just did detailed reviews of all of them except for the combined form, and he does not gloss over objective flaws, so if you want an opinion more complex than just "THEY SUCK" or "THEY DONT SUCK", I would recommend watching them.

I'm satisfied with mine but I like small cheap robots and have no attraction to giant expensive bots like metroplex or hercules.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Finally got some new robots recently (and got caught up on this thread, I was a good 350 posts behind since I didn't have internet for a while and I was moving to my new house). I picked up Trailcutter and Hoist, and Blaster. I saw Generations Bumblebee and Megatron and passed on them - BB doesn't really interest me, and while I've been looking forward to the "stealth plane Megatron" mold, I'm going to wait for the retool.

Target also had a ton of Predacons Rising stuff, but I wasn't really interested in any of it.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

WendigoJohnson posted:

I think you're missing the United Bruticus Maximus, Platinum Grimlock vs. Bruticus, and the Japanese Generations Bruticus. Also, Universe 2.0 Bruticus was also released in ROTF packaging. And let's not forget Battle Gaia! And those unreleased Energon Bruticus repaints for the movie line. And those recent Kabaya candy toys. And make sure you get the third party addons, too. Then you can be done. Otherwise, I'm sorry, you just don't have enough Brutici.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

The Rage posted:

Now combine them all.

Till all are one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He could make a suit out of them.

They can all form SUITICUS.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So I finally broke down and ordered something from TFSource, wanted the exclusive FP not-Insecticon set before it vanished completely. Gets shipped out on Monday, supposed to be here on Friday, so I check the tracking. Turns out they sent it to VA instead of WA. So well done TFSource I guess? Now I have to wait till Monday for them to realize their mistake.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

UK peeps, Kapow Toys have a sale on at the moment, started this morning. Pity I already bought Generations Sandstorm (going for £20) but got me a Trailcutter for £12.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So I got Quadruple U the other day.

He's pretty fantastic.

I love how both Function-X members have cockpits that completely fill in during the robot transformation, so it retains a place to sit in the altmode, but doesn't add any bulk to the robot mode. The transformation is actually fantastic, and along with Code, is really showing how this line is a really good showcase for fantastic engineering.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Yonic Symbolism posted:

vangelus just did detailed reviews of all of them except for the combined form, and he does not gloss over objective flaws, so if you want an opinion more complex than just "THEY SUCK" or "THEY DONT SUCK", I would recommend watching them.

I'm satisfied with mine but I like small cheap robots and have no attraction to giant expensive bots like metroplex or hercules.

I got the Target translucent gift set. They all have about as much articulation as the G1 toys in all their modes. They're pretty small so you really just have to get a pose you can live with (shoulders and hips only!) for the individual bots or Abominus and just live with it.

They don't have any extra parts, so Abominus has one huge hand with two fingers and two thumbs and another hand that's actually a bird's head with some kind of weird backward winged fingers. Or a shield? The instructions don't say. He has one good monster foot, and a sort of peg-leg (whose legs don't peg themselves for very long if he's not standing straight on that leg.) The weapon doesn't tab together terribly well. The body is a liiiiiitle bit too small for its monster limbs.

As individual robots or monsters, they look pretty cool, and are neat reboots of G1 characters. Not much poseability, but they look neat, except for Rippersnapper's beast mode, which is only good looking from a very limited selection of angles. Good robot mode though, in fact they all look great as a cute little monster strike team that will probably get stepped on by any Masterpiece toy.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

The Rage posted:

So I finally broke down and ordered something from TFSource, wanted the exclusive FP not-Insecticon set before it vanished completely. Gets shipped out on Monday, supposed to be here on Friday, so I check the tracking. Turns out they sent it to VA instead of WA. So well done TFSource I guess? Now I have to wait till Monday for them to realize their mistake.

Is the zipcode still right? If so, you should get the package anyways, since postal carriers sort by zipcode. Hell, I had the same situation before and someone at USPS just used a sharpie to fix the incorrect address.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Rage posted:

Show us the tracking number

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

vkeios posted:

Is the zipcode still right? If so, you should get the package anyways, since postal carriers sort by zipcode. Hell, I had the same situation before and someone at USPS just used a sharpie to fix the incorrect address.

Looks like that must have happened, because it jumped from VA to IL last night, so maybe its on its way here. Or if it was a USPS error, still seems like a hell of a sorting error to go from MN to VA, you'd think there'd be a better hub than shipping it in the completely wrong direction.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think you're missing the United Bruticus Maximus, Platinum Grimlock vs. Bruticus, and the Japanese Generations Bruticus. Also, Universe 2.0 Bruticus was also released in ROTF packaging. And let's not forget Battle Gaia! And those unreleased Energon Bruticus repaints for the movie line. And those recent Kabaya candy toys. And make sure you get the third party addons, too. Then you can be done. Otherwise, I'm sorry, you just don't have enough Brutici.

SDCC Bruticus is the same as Platinum Bruticus. Exact same toy, same paint apps, same plastic colors. :effort:

Same with Universe 2.0 Bruticus being the same toy as the ROTF one.

But yeah I wanna get Battle Gaia, but I don't think he was re-released recently. Also those Energon limbs for the movie don't form a full bruticus. I didn't count singular combaticons like Ultra Onsalight, Legends Onsalught, GDO Brawl, Ultra Hardhead, and the Powercore Combiners Combaticons. But I have those too....just incase.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

WendigoJohnson posted:

SDCC Bruticus is the same as Platinum Bruticus. Exact same toy, same paint apps, same plastic colors. :effort:

They're not exactly the same, actually! (only 98%)

Sorry, you have to get both now or we'll have to revoke your Brutilicense. :colbert:

VVV that only means more Bruticii to get mister VVV

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

They're not exactly the same, actually! (only 98%)

Sorry, you have to get both now or we'll have to revoke your Brutilicense. :colbert:

There are 5 different slight variations to SDCC Bruticus. And it's entirely random which type of plastic you'll get.

And lord help you if you get a misplaced paint app. The quality control was abysmal for both SDCC exclusives, even the Metroplexes are starting to have their face and thigh chrome flake off(although it could just be limited to the Hong Kong version). The real weak link for SDCC bruticus is Swimdle, he'll actually crack of you transform him too much.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 22, 2013

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rei_ posted:

So I got Quadruple U the other day.

He's pretty fantastic.

I love how both Function-X members have cockpits that completely fill in during the robot transformation, so it retains a place to sit in the altmode, but doesn't add any bulk to the robot mode. The transformation is actually fantastic, and along with Code, is really showing how this line is a really good showcase for fantastic engineering.

Code and Quadruple U are two of the best TFs I've gotten all year. I would say the Function-X line is the best work FP has done on anything so far.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Hey guys, I finally set myself up with a paypal account and I'm gearing up to sell a bunch of my collection, it's gonna take me a while to get through everything but I figure I'd throw some stuff up here first. I just have a few quick questions for the ones of you that have done this sort of thing before. Mainly dealing with how you cover shipping/what is the best shipping option to use for sending tf's and what you guys would consider good etiquette for making these transactions go down. Also where can I host images to upload into my post?

Also I hate to be like this but nobody get too excited yet, most of the stuff I'll be selling right away is newer, as I need to get rid of it for space/money reasons. Also I'm hecka-busy on the weekdays so I'll obviously need you guys to exercise some patience with me. That said the faster you guys help me out the faster I can start throwing stuff up.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Keldroc posted:

Code and Quadruple U are two of the best TFs I've gotten all year. I would say the Function-X line is the best work FP has done on anything so far.

I saw their Mindwipe at TFCon, which looks AMAZING and they seem to have a really fantastic Brainstorm too. This line is such a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So are they going to reveal new Generations guys anytime soon? We're getting close to having everything listed released.

I don't want the line to go on hiatus again just when everything is getting so good.