Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

UPDATE: 2.04.0 released (mirror)

Changelog 2.04.0:
Additions:
- Integrated "Mazdayasna Zarathushtrish" (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?622444-MOD-Mazdayasna-Zarathushtrish-Zoroastrianism-expanded)
- Integrated "Catholics can Mend the Great Schism!" (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?672204-Mini-Mod-Catholics-can-Unite-the-Great-Schism!)
- Integrated "Ancient Religions" (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?685812-Ancient-Religions)
- Integrated Arumba's keybinding + gui tweak mod: (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?672542-Couple-Minor-Mods-Keyboard-Shortcuts-and-Interface-Adjust)
- Some Wikipedia Links have been added to historical characters
- Added History for kingdom titles of Muscovy, Kiev and Novgorod

Tweaks:
- Some ambitions have been tweaked
- Mongol Bookmarks (1220 and 1227) have smaller armies for players
- Mongol Khanates should now default to Gavelkind
- Tengri Pagan Mongols of the Golden Horde, Il-Khanate and Mongol Empire should now be more aggressive until they convert either culture or religion
- Tengri Holy Site of Pest moved to Amisos in order to increase difficulty of reformation
- Proselytizing outside your realm should now be more difficult.
- Factors like culture group, opinion of the liege who sent the missionary, MA and realm learning now play a bigger factor in the chance of success of converting foreign realms.
- Reverted Finnland map changes
- Removed Uppland -> Aland -> Suomi land connection
- Prepared Invasion event pulse rate increased (i.e. should see Adventurers flocking more often)
- Various Pagans should now be able to intermarry, mostly dependant on who is their neighbour based on the 1066 + 867 start dates.
- Gave Khazaria some de jure land in the 867 and 1000 bookmarks
- Mstislav the Brave's history has been updated, and has also been given some set stats and traits
- Split up k_rus (Kiev) into Kiev and Muscovy
- Novgorod broken up into Novgorod and Kingdom of Samoyed (finno-ugric only)
- e_sicily, e_england and e_britannia added to their appropriate culture melting pot targets.
- Kingdoms of Khwarzim and Cumania diplomacy view colour changed to better contrast its' neighbour's colours
- Reinstated the forces of Sigurdr and Bjorn
- Lowered the strength of forces for Ivar and Halfdan
- Gave Aethelraed of Wessex martial = 10
- You now need to be not bankrupt in order to fabricate claims
- Tweaked Khazaria and the surrounding area in 1000AD to be a better represenation of its' fragmented self
- Balanced Prepared Invasion event ships to be closer to the amount of troops obtained
- Gave AI less of a nerf to Prepared Invasion event troops before 900 and 1000
- Gave bonus to Prepared Invasion event troops for higher prestige levels, diplomacy and martial

Fixes:
- Zoroastrians can now seduce their family, as long as both parties are Zoroastrian
- Zoroastrians can now have a tumble with their family, as long as both parties are Zoroastrian
- Convert Province Culture ambition should now properly give rewards upon success
- Vassals can no longer steal barony tier vassals that belong to a different lord
- Only rulers can now pick the convert a province to your culture ambition
- FTT module titular titles can no longer be created while at war
- Removed duplicate "can_call_crusade" entries in religions
- Emba should no longer appear as independent from 1221 on
- Pereyaslavl is subjugated by the Golden Horde sooner now
- Schwaben history fixed
- Schwyz history fixes
- Ani, Dwin and Duchy of Armenia history fixes
- d_khwarizmia should no longer show up as a count on character select in 867
- Event 1904061 should now have a description
- Itil should now be Judaic in the 867 and 1000 bookmarks
- Guryev should no longer be Judaic in the 867 and 1000 bookmarks
- Gallawa, Outremer and Cornish should now be able to build retinues and retinue structures
- Hardcore mode should now only effect players
- Underage pagans should no longer be able to pick the noble_concubine ambition
- Fixed Hardcore Module (dis)embarking speed
- Kiev should now properly be a vassal of the Golden Horde in 1337
- Removed extraneous Khazarian Kingdom
- Fixed an inaccuracy in the "Little Queen of Sheba" description
- Naples Should no longer be a vassal of Byzantium
- Gave a dynasty to a pair of landed characters in Novgorod in the 1337 start date
- k_iceland's flag has been changed to something more contemporary
- Extraneous k_iceland flag in the FTT module removed
- Readme updated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Sweet! I was worried that the changelog didn't mention Better Armies, but it's indeed in there. That puts me in the mood to speed up finishing my current game.

I'm curious - why did you remove the Åland connection?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

NihilCredo posted:

Sweet! I was worried that the changelog didn't mention Better Armies, but it's indeed in there. That puts me in the mood to speed up finishing my current game.

I'm curious - why did you remove the Åland connection?

Balance mainly. Finland was always getting eaten by Sweden.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm tempted to enable Sunset Invasion, simply because at this point, I can't imagine actually losing a war. I own all of Sweden, England, and France, my vassals are starting to press into Spain for me, and the only place more technologically advanced than I am is Constantinople.

I mean, earlier in this playthrough I lost two kingdoms, and still didn't get Norway back (seriously, gently caress these idiots), so part of me believes that losing two monarchs rapidly, thanks to elective monarchy, will be enough to make the game interesting again, but part of me is just "gently caress it! Aztecs!"

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

WilliamAnderson posted:

Balance mainly. Finland was always getting eaten by Sweden.
Historical :colbert:

Also, it's not true. Sometimes they get eaten by Denmark :v:

---

On an unrelated note, this is why kingdom titles shouldn't have culture requirements (glad that's gone in CK2+):

I was busy meddling in the affairs of Sweden for a few years (surprisingly tough to keep a foreigner+infidel relative on a throne that's a long trip away), and when I looked east I found out that a random count had conquered himself eight provinces like nothing. It's so tempting to just make him a double-Duke since he's even Content too, but really if this guy doesn't deserve to call himself the King of Cumania then who does? Plus it'll be the ultimate "gently caress you" to his elder brother, who inherited a double-Duchy and has done jack poo poo with it except ineffectively ping-ponging in and out of factions.

(And to end on a stupid note - Norway is currently ruled by a a Norwegian-culture Sunni convert, who is ruling from the Shetlands, and who has managed to convert a handful of nobles but zero provinces (even though Norse is unreformed). He doesn't have a Sunni concubine or anything so I have no idea where he even got his hands on the Quran :psyduck:)

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

NihilCredo posted:

Historical :colbert:

Somewhat off-topic, but what mods do you happen to be running? The shield for Kænugarður is pretty cool.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

NihilCredo posted:

Also, it's not true. Sometimes they get eaten by Denmark :v:

Given how worthless the land is there it's no wonder I was the first one to get there.

quote:

On an unrelated note, this is why kingdom titles shouldn't have culture requirements (glad that's gone in CK2+):

Is there an individual mod that removes these? It's kind of an annoyance for me currently. I know it's probably a gameplay balance thing but at this point I'm well on my way to managing 100 vassals and I'd love a way to palm off kingdoms to my bloodline.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

PBJ posted:

Somewhat off-topic, but what mods do you happen to be running? The shield for Kænugarður is pretty cool.
ARKO Pack Armories is responsible, I believe. Note that most pagan CoAs are randomly generated so you won't get the same.

Mailer posted:

Is there an individual mod that removes these? It's kind of an annoyance for me currently. I know it's probably a gameplay balance thing but at this point I'm well on my way to managing 100 vassals and I'd love a way to palm off kingdoms to my bloodline.

I'm not sure about a simple mod, but if it's only kingdoms you want it shouldn't take too long to ctrl-f "k_" in the landed_titles.txt file and systematically remove or relax the restrictions under allow = {}.

(edit: there is a No Requirements mod but in typical modder's fashion it includes a bunch of completely unrelated crap :eng99: I suppose you could delete everything but the landed_titles.txt and localisation files, though. Should work.)

Personally, I just took this as the chance to try out the Titular Title Generator which creates kingdom and empire titles matching each duchy, and which apparently is nice enough to apply to an existing save game without breaking anything. Doesn't affect the vanilla kingdoms/empires, but I've set the number of required duchies to three (default is 4), so if Boris here manages to snag another duchy I'll give him independence and he will be able to make himself king of whichever is his primary title.

It will be nice to have another Slavic Dregovich king to back me up, anyway... I used to be able to count on Rus right north of me, but after a really weird three-way civil war the current Grand Knyaz of Rus somehow has ended up with just the kingdom-level title and no demesne or vassals at all :confused:

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 20, 2013

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I actually found some random Finnish guy and started grooming him to be the future king. I read that given the opportunity they'll create the kingdom themselves. I don't get the prestige for that, though. My precious ego will not allow such an injustice after burning 12k troops claiming it.

Edit: Also, thanks for the tip on editing the file! Time for map painting.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

NihilCredo posted:

(And to end on a stupid note - Norway is currently ruled by a a Norwegian-culture Sunni convert, who is ruling from the Shetlands, and who has managed to convert a handful of nobles but zero provinces (even though Norse is unreformed). He doesn't have a Sunni concubine or anything so I have no idea where he even got his hands on the Quran :psyduck:)

Jizya tax means Muslims are very hesitant to convert provinces, if they ever do it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I'm British, my third wife is Polish, and we have a regular marriage. Our first and only son (ignoring my previous children) has my bloodline. I even gave him a county and it's his sole title. He's an Irish Catholic just like his old man who granted him the county. Somehow, between the last time I played and when I noticed during this session, he's become a vassal of Poland without any additional titles.

What?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Mailer posted:

I'm British, my third wife is Polish, and we have a regular marriage. Our first and only son (ignoring my previous children) has my bloodline. I even gave him a county and it's his sole title. He's an Irish Catholic just like his old man who granted him the county. Somehow, between the last time I played and when I noticed during this session, he's become a vassal of Poland without any additional titles.

What?

He could have inherited a duchy which the king of Poland later revoked. Is his mother dead?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm tempted to enable Sunset Invasion, simply because at this point, I can't imagine actually losing a war. I own all of Sweden, England, and France, my vassals are starting to press into Spain for me, and the only place more technologically advanced than I am is Constantinople.

I mean, earlier in this playthrough I lost two kingdoms, and still didn't get Norway back (seriously, gently caress these idiots), so part of me believes that losing two monarchs rapidly, thanks to elective monarchy, will be enough to make the game interesting again, but part of me is just "gently caress it! Aztecs!"

I'm waiting for the Aztecs and Mongols to come along in my current game as the Roman Empire, and at this point I'm not even sure if they'll even win their initial invasions, despite the fact that I'm planning to lose to them. I want to have them on the map for converting over, but my next door neighbour probably has a different idea:

There's nothing impressive about what I've done as Rome because Roman Empire is basically easy mode, but gently caress me I've never seen the AI put together such a monolithic state the way the Fylkjas of Scandinavia have done. All the other pagan religions are gone, entire cultures have been wiped out by Norse, and despite some incredibly incompetent rulers on paper the Fylkjas win every single independence civil war. I had to vassalise Persia and the other eastern Kingdoms just to make sure that they'll still be around for me to offer up as sacrifical lambs for the Il'Khan.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Haha! Look at merry ol' Ireland there! Do your best, little fella! :unsmith:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

DrSunshine posted:

Haha! Look at merry ol' Ireland there! Do your best, little fella! :unsmith:

I hope their best stands up well against a few hundred thousand aztec warriors.

EDIT: And incidentally Ireland and Scotland have converted entirely to Norse in both culture and religion. Their cultures, just like the Dutch, Germans, Bohemians, Poles, Prussians, Pomeranians Estonians, Lithuanians, Finns, Lapps, Khazars, Bolgars, Alans, and Pechenegs have all been subsumed in the light blue blob. Hungarians and Russians are pretty much the only significant ethnic minorities left in the Fylkirate.

Reveilled fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 20, 2013

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

But is that the Earl of Moray in the light blue? That's pretty impressive.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

lenoon posted:

But is that the Earl of Moray in the light blue? That's pretty impressive.

Scotland's Skotland's having a civil war right now, the Jarl of Moray is pressing his claim to the throne.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
So when you convert it, are you going to play as the Ming or something to try to take down the monster you've created?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Rincewind posted:

So when you convert it, are you going to play as the Ming or something to try to take down the monster you've created?

I'm not sure yet. I won't be Rome, at least. I'd originally planned on being Scandinavia, back when Scandinavia first formed, but that doesn't seem like such an option any more. I might try Cherokee or Iroquis, seeing as they'll have that High American tech group. I'll need to do a bit of editing of the rest of the world too, Islam has been entirely supplanted by Nestorian christianity so I'll have to switch up places off-map which would not have become muslim. And I'm going to write up an event that lets the Golden Horde go Norse and switch places like Mongolia proper to that if they do. I might make the Iroquis Norse Pagan too.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
It'd be funny if it ended up like some sort of Orwellian, 1984-like scenario with 3 global blobby superpowers variously at war or allied with one of the others against the third.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

It'd be funny if it ended up like some sort of Orwellian, 1984-like scenario with 3 global blobby superpowers variously at war or allied with one of the others against the third.

I could definitely see Ireland as a sort of North Korea type state. Blissfully ignorant of the world outside their island. Constantly threatening Rome and Scandinavia with invasion while everyone just rolls their eyes.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SpRahl posted:

I could definitely see Ireland as a sort of North Korea type state. Blissfully ignorant of the world outside their island. Constantly threatening Rome and Scandinavia with invasion while everyone just rolls their eyes.

That's actually an interpretation of what Airstrip One is in 1984.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Reveilled posted:

Scotland's Skotland's having a civil war right now, the Jarl of Moray is pressing his claim to the throne.

Oh I thought he'd managed to stay independent in the face of these insane empires.... Oh well.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Reveilled posted:

I'm not sure yet. I won't be Rome, at least. I'd originally planned on being Scandinavia, back when Scandinavia first formed, but that doesn't seem like such an option any more. I might try Cherokee or Iroquis, seeing as they'll have that High American tech group. I'll need to do a bit of editing of the rest of the world too, Islam has been entirely supplanted by Nestorian christianity so I'll have to switch up places off-map which would not have become muslim. And I'm going to write up an event that lets the Golden Horde go Norse and switch places like Mongolia proper to that if they do. I might make the Iroquis Norse Pagan too.

Play as Ireland, see what happens.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Dauntasa posted:

Play as Ireland, see what happens.

There's still 300 years to go, I'll be surprised if Ireland is still around by then, but that doesn't sound like a bad idea, if they are.

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

Reveilled posted:

Against the Uberjarl Of One Third Of The Known World? Gotta give him props for trying.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Man, I wish I got crazy AI empires like that Scandinavia. Mine always look like crazy scrambled puzzle pieces. They need to put Wiz on CKII to do a pretty boarders pass.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
I have a question about Tanistry succession for multiple Kingdoms.

I'm currently ruler of the Kingdoms of Ireland and Scotland; both of which are running Cognatic Tanisty. I'm wondering of there's any sort of built in propensity for the electors in each to try and give the titles to different heirs, as if I was running Gavelkind.

Right now the Irish vassals want my nephew and the Scottish ones want my brother. Both are Catholic, Irish culture, roughly the same diplomacy stats, etcetera.

I want my nephew to get both, as he's slightly more qualified. I'm slowly turning the Scottish election towards my nephew as I slowly install and vassalize claimants to the last 1/3 of Scotland outside my control. I'm presuming this is because the claimants I install love me and vote for whoever I nominate, but I'm wondering about future generations where I won't have that kind of leverage on most of them.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Darth Various posted:

Against the Uberjarl Of One Third Of The Known World? Gotta give him props for trying.

No no, they're a similar colour but Scotland is independent. I and my Scandinavian counterpart have left Scotland and Ireland to themselves, and they gleefully content themselves in fighting near-constant wars both internally and with one another over control of Ulster. As far as I can tell the norsemen there never leave the two kingdoms, as claimants to both the thrones and the jarldoms are spread out over both realms, but there are none in Scandinavia which is probably why they aren't meddled with, and I'm not much interested in conquering them.

Funnily enough if one ever conquered the other, England and Wales are no longer part of Britannia so the Empire for that area just needs those two kingdoms to form it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Reveilled posted:

Funnily enough if one ever conquered the other, England and Wales are no longer part of Britannia so the Empire for that area just needs those two kingdoms to form it.

That'd be funny. The Scandinavian Empire covering the Northern half of the known world, the Roman Empire covering the Southern half of the known world, and the Empire of Britannia covering an island and half of another island.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Man. I've been able to single-handedly defeat all of Catholicism for generations now, but never really considered using my Great Holy War button. Granted, I've only had it enabled for the last few decades, not a huge amount of time.

The pope had the nerve to call a crusade for Aquitaine, probably the largest -area- of land I control. What an rear end in a top hat. I thumped him in under a year and then great holy warred for Frisia, prettying up my borders and generally telling catholicism to gently caress right off.

It just felt right. "You call that a holy war? THIS is a holy war."

I'm definitely going to turn on Aztecs. I've never actually gotten in a rumble with a horde before, so jumping right into the hard difficulty horde might be more than I can handle, but jesus. The only country I remotely fear is Byzantium and they're all the way on the other side of the map.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Update on my game: The Kingdom of Mali turned Norse 4 years ago and the West African religion is already down to 3 provinces. All non-christian rulers are now Norse. :suicide:

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
How are the relations between the two of you? Had any major tensions/wars against the Norse empire?

Also, would you be willing/able to share the save?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Zoinker posted:

How are the relations between the two of you? Had any major tensions/wars against the Norse empire?

Also, would you be willing/able to share the save?

Generally rather cordial. Ironically, this is because adventurers from their realm keep trying to invade me, and every so often I get a member of the Fylkja's family in my court due to him becoming an adventurer, and a marriage to my Empress creates an alliance between us to prevent wars. Though there has only been about 50 years between the conquest of the North and the invasion of the Khans (which has just started), and prior to this point Scandinavia showed basically no interest in me at all.

I could share the save, but I'm not sure whether it will load for other people, I made some changes to the game files to reconfigure some duchies to prevent my realm crossing the Danube, e.g. the Duke of bavaria kept declaring de jure wars on Germany (back when germany existed) for the provinces over the Danube, so I modded in a Duchy of Lower Bavaria to stop his wars affecting my pretty borders. But if you want to give it a go let me know and I'll upload it tomorrow.

Edit: alternatively I could upload the converted version if anyone wants it for EU4, but that'll be weeks away as I take forever to play a full game of CK2

Reveilled fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 21, 2013

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
I'd love to give it a spin, particularly seeing Abyssinia still around down there. It'd be fun to see how long I'd last against an AI Rome.

Veinless
Sep 11, 2008

Smells like motivation

Rirse posted:

Is there a way to get the game working without disabling CK+? Ever since the patch the game gets stuck on the "Loading flags.." title card. I would just wait for CK+ to updated, but the modder said it wont' be updated anymore.

Did this get solved? Getting the same thing.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Some people took over the development of CK2+, calling it CK2+ Continuation; one of the guys posts in this thread, and in fact posted a link to the latest version at the top of this very same page (unless I start a new one with this post, of course :v:). I assume it's compatible with the latest patch, though I don't run it myself.

Veinless
Sep 11, 2008

Smells like motivation
Latest version up there fixed it, thanks!

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Trying a new game with a twist: I'm not going to try to paint the map with my color. I console-made the Republic of Brittany in the 867 start, and I'm going to hold my de jure borders, get myself a fancier crown floppy hat, and maybe shove wastrel sons into noble positions when I can find them. If all goes well, I'll be in good shape for an interesting EUIV start.

It's weird so far. Brittany is a tempting area for expansion by several of the French dukes, and a pile of cities unprotected by castles means that every Viking with a sword and a ship is trying to steal from me. The British Isles aren't holding up well against the sons of Lodbrok, so I might have to holy war, make some dukes, and give them independence, just to hold back the tide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

I have a few questions about CK2+. I haven't played the vanilla game that much but I thought I'd give it a spin after all the positive feedback from the thread. There's a few things I'm not entirely clear on though.

What does Better Armies do exactly? How many big differences should I expect and plan for compared to vanilla?

What does the FTT mod do exactly?

Is there a full feature/tweak list somewhere? I'd read the full changelog but christ it's big.

I just started my first Old Gods viking game as King Harald Fairhair and I already managed to piss off my biggest vassal because he was my chancellor before I replaced him with a better one. He immediately created a (rebel?) faction, and I have just finished conquering a neighbour so now I have two pissed-off vassals under me. How worried should I be?

• Locked thread