Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
God drat I'm so thrilled with this, the last panel just makes it.

I also love the more ambiguous gently caress you's, like Beef in the second to last. Mayhap his next words uttered will be a "gently caress you" to Depeche Mode, but maybe Beef is the one feeling hosed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

satan!!! posted:

Every panel of this strip is total gold. Onstad Is Back.

Strip is fantastic, not calling him back yet.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
He's still burning through his buffer, most likely. Let's see what happens when it runs out.

Remember, kids, joy is a fantasy and hope is a lie.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gonna stand on the corner with a sign, WILL gently caress FOR GAS.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Strip is fantastic, not calling him back yet.

A new, funny Achewood strip is like a rainbow - it's beautiful, but it may be years before you see another one. Live in the moment. Enjoy every Achewood as if it was the last.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Indie Rocktopus posted:

A new, funny Achewood strip is like a rainbow - it's beautiful, but it may be years before you see another one. Live in the moment. Enjoy every Achewood as if it was the last.

Exactly.

Is Molly pissed at Beef because he's doing one of his things, or pissed at the band because of the universal belief that there really doesn't need to be a loving jazz band during my Easter Brunch, right, Pheasant Run? RIGHT?!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
She's looking in the same direction that R.B. is, so probably also pissed at the band.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
At lunch today there was a guy telling the bartender about his libertarian beliefs. I just smiled and thought of this strip.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
gently caress you, Pat.

Molly always looks pissed at Beef. Feel we rarely see the good aspects of the relationship. :(

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It would appear to me that if you do not dig on janky jams then a restaurant called Jazz Brunch is not a sensible place to be.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

MMAgCh posted:

It would appear to me that if you do not dig on janky jams then a restaurant called Jazz Brunch is not a sensible place to be.

Beef probably took Molly there by her request, to apologize for the water bill. And now he's blowing the apology by making a scene. You just can't win, dawg.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

MMAgCh posted:

"Jazz Brunch" is on a tacked-up banner, so it's just announcing the event and not actually the name of the restaurant.

Going out to eat isn't something most people sit down and research before they do it, looking places up on the internet and reading their events schedule and all that nonsense. Sometimes you just go to a restaurant, and find out only when you're seated that there's some kind of bullshit non-dining thing going on. Live jazz music, a magician, a poetry slam, whatever. It's happened to me. It'll happen to you. IT WILL HAPPEN TO ALL OF YOU.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Or it's currently happening to the person in line before you and they need 37 minutes to determine the exact gluten-free status of every menu item before they make their decision.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Dietary speds are the worst.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Trilobite posted:

"Jazz Brunch" is on a tacked-up banner, so it's just announcing the event and not actually the name of the restaurant.

Going out to eat isn't something most people sit down and research before they do it, looking places up on the internet and reading their events schedule and all that nonsense. Sometimes you just go to a restaurant, and find out only when you're seated that there's some kind of bullshit non-dining thing going on. Live jazz music, a magician, a poetry slam, whatever. It's happened to me. It'll happen to you. IT WILL HAPPEN TO ALL OF YOU.

Thoroughly googling every restaurant he plans on going to sounds like a very Roast Beef thing to me.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Especially by way of spinal wifi.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
If you aren't using a Jazz Brunch as an excuse to get drunk before 5PM, you're doing it wrong.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I love that Pat hates public breastfeeding. Because OF COURSE Pat hates public breastfeeding.

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005

ChairMaster posted:

I love that Pat hates public breastfeeding. Because OF COURSE Pat hates public breastfeeding.

The mother should be using Honey Mother's Soy Breastitutes

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

tacoman165 posted:

The mother should be using Honey* Mother's Soy Breastitutes

*Contains no actual honey.

Don't forget Pat is a veglegon.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
Also you shouldn't feed infants honey.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Clitch posted:

If you aren't using a Jazz Brunch as an excuse to get drunk before 5PM, you're doing it wrong.

Who needs an excuse to get drunk before 5PM?

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

New comic, about weiner holes, it rules, two friends rent asunder.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Weiner holes are a big deal to Roast Beef.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Roast Beef has some strange notions of underpants.

On the other hand, maybe he's on to something. I've never had problems with weiner holes or depression. Could there be a correlation?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is such a fantastically stupid thing for both guys to get utterly furious about.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Well don't anyone :siren: link to it :siren: or anything!

I'm digging the Friday updates. It's helping me turn my own gently caress You Fridays into a thing of hope

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Great comic! It's so gratifying to watch Onstad rediscover his voice and timing over the last couple months.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Jesus Molly I -- Dang these are -- these are really well-made

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Achewood: In which Roast Beef is the voice of a nation.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

csammis posted:

Well don't anyone :siren: link to it :siren: or anything!

Typically it's not that hard to type Achewood Dot Com.

withak posted:

Read the OP noobs.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 27, 2013

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

Read the OP noobs.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lizard Wizard posted:

I figure it's for the benefit of people reading this thread in the future, so they can easily see which comic we're talking about.

I've always wondered if anyone actually uses those underpants holes but I guess not.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Okay Onstad, you keep up with comics like these, and all is forgiven. That means NO disturbing arcs where bears taste hogs, NO storylines where Ray gets brain damage(serisouly that's been used 3 or 4 times now)NO Thanatos Lash, or Cartilage head. Just stories about knuckleheads hella yellin about sex.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
gently caress you, I liked Cartilage Head.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I liked Thanatos Lash

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I liked Thanatos Lash

I was disappointed in the resolution to the Slam Sapphic Fiction Competition. Felt rushed.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Seoinin posted:

I was disappointed in the resolution to the Slam Sapphic Fiction Competition. Felt rushed.

It had Sexual Bell Valve Victory Reference Sunday, why you hatin'!?!?!

also "OH GOD NO" always makes me laugh.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
I use the underpants holes. How else do you drain the tank without taking your pants down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I liked Thanatos Lash

Did you read it when it was being posted, or after it was done? I like it a lot more now (except the rushed ending to the Williams-Sonoma arc, I liked that arc) than I did when it was being posted on a weird, irregular schedule. I hated it back then.

EDIT: Also, this comic didn't grab me too much, til I got to the phrase "PRISON OF HIS OWN UNDERWEAR!" which was just perfect. It made me go back and read it all again and it was just so much better that time through.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 27, 2013