Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Nope. Spooky said on stream last night that it would ne exclusive to nico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

There are already bootlegs in YouTube. I just watched it thinking "surely the commentary can't be that bad". Yeah, Daigo Umehitler, he said it.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

English stream for the capcom cup qualifier is up: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Anyone just watch Daigo get bodied 4 rounds straight?

I guess he should have studied hours of match footage of Cabbage's Viper instead of Infil's Akuma.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
I watched. I laughed. I cried.

Wait Cabbage is Kyabetsu? That wasn't that huge of an upset then.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Diddie posted:

Yeah, losing to the best Viper in Japan isn't a huge upset. Definitely unexpected though.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Eh it's a stacked single elim tournament. Daigo had to be a 4:1 dog to the field to begin with.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Is Capcom releasing more Ultra information at TGS?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Diddie posted:

Chocoblanka just beat Cabbage

Choco > Diago

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Chocoblanka just beat Cabbage

Choco > Diago

Choco > Kyabetsu > Daigo > Infiltration

e: Akuma is weak

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 22, 2013

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

Bye Infiltration

Single elim is the best

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Diddie posted:

Bye Infiltration

Single elim is the best

Even if this was double elimination, both Daigo and Infil being in the losers bracket this early would be pretty alarming and make things pretty crazy.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Juso just beat Infiltration. Sakura shutting down Akuma in split second reactions.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
A:Choco, B:Haitani, C:Xian, D:Juso

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I hate single elim tournaments seriously. Oh well good poo poo Japan.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
FT5s now. edit: Top 8 round is FT2. Top 4 and finals are FT5 it seems.

Choco vs Haitani
Xian vs Juso (Sakura that beat Infiltration)
Machabo (Fei, beat Tokido) vs Fuudo
Bonchan vs Mago

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 22, 2013

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sakura's cr.MK hits from half-screen, I swear. Juso destroying fools.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
HAITANI!

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Juso vs Haitani was probably the hypest SF4 match I've seen in a while.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Jesus, the Juso v. Haitani match was clutch :aaa:

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Good God, that was an incredible match. Makoto hits like a drat freight train.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Jesus. That was a hell of a set.

And now, we get a Fei Long mirror.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Haitani still the greatest.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Makoto wrecking Fei is the best thing ever.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Makoto's Ultra 1 almost doesn't seem fair.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.
I can't imagine how it would even feel to anti-air an ex chicken wing with fukiage...

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
JESUS CHRIST THAT FINAL!

Miracle Makoto command grabs into ultras

Extreme see sawing in momentum

grabs grabs and more grabs

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
This is the best day. Haitani-senpai #1 forever.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Crotch Punch. If done right, no Mago can defend.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

That was some hype poo poo. Mega-Spooky is just the cherry on top.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is there a bootleg of the stream anywhere? Didn't get a chance to tune in.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Sire Oblivion posted:

Is there a bootleg of the stream anywhere? Didn't get a chance to tune in.
http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters/profile/pastBroadcasts

This was on Twitch so there's the archive. Any match with Haitani or Juso was good.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I've always thought that tier lists were near-pointless for most players to take note of and the recent matches have helped strengthen this opinion.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I've always thought that tier lists were near-pointless for most players to take note of and the recent matches have helped strengthen this opinion.

Not really. Matchups, player skill, and prior research can overcome game imbalances. Tiers really do matter, though. You'd have to be totally incompetent to not understand why Petshop/ST Akuma is considered the best in the game or why Servbot/Twelve are considered the worst.

Also, people who don't understand statistics will blow off matchups. A 6/4 matchup is winnable by both sides. A 10/0 matchup (like WW Gief vs. Honda) is literally unwinnable for the opposing side given a certain degree of player competence.

If we're talking AE2012, the tiers are closer to each other than AE was, at least.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It's not even like a low tier character even won or overcame a really bad matchup or anything so the statement is kind of random.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The most important thing to note for any tier debate is that lower tier characters are often unpopular and thus people lack matchup experience against them. This does not make them good characters; it means that it's easier to random somebody out with them. Naive people will often confuse the two.

Compare Gen winning Evo to Daigo 10-0ing Gen with 2 perfects. Gen has severe weaknesses that nobody exploited during the tournament, but Daigo studied those weaknesses for the exhibition and loving wrecked.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Broken Loose posted:

Not really. Matchups, player skill, and prior research can overcome game imbalances. Tiers really do matter, though. You'd have to be totally incompetent to not understand why Petshop/ST Akuma is considered the best in the game or why Servbot/Twelve are considered the worst.

Also, people who don't understand statistics will blow off matchups. A 6/4 matchup is winnable by both sides. A 10/0 matchup (like WW Gief vs. Honda) is literally unwinnable for the opposing side given a certain degree of player competence.

If we're talking AE2012, the tiers are closer to each other than AE was, at least.

WW Gief vs Honda is really a 10-0 matchup? How come?

Also, I never really read up much on third strike, so why is Twelve considered the worst?

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Ryuga Death posted:

Also, I never really read up much on third strike, so why is Twelve considered the worst?

Bad damage, bad pokes, bad combos. Pretty much the only thing he has going for him is his weird movement.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Ryuga Death posted:

Gief gets a guaranteed SPD on Honda at the start of the round because characters stand so close to each other in WW and Honda is so wide. Gief then gets a free tick SPD after the knockdown because he lands close enough (this part works on everyone). The only way to avoid tick throws in SF2 games are reversals, and WW doesn't have a reversal system yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Ryuga Death posted:

So many different things.

His damage is bad, his health is low, his set-ups are really limited, his pokes are bad, his anti-airs are bad, his gimmicks like his air movement are really difficult to use correctly and a lot of them are pretty underwhelming even when played perfectly, etc. He also has a bunch of other specific things (ex. you can't use standing HK, one of his few pokes, against Chun because even if you hit her she'll get a free super) that make him hard to play and not a lot of payoff when you play him well.

He's basically just crap :v:

troofs fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 22, 2013