Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Cattebloops :catstare:

So, how much was the UI improved compared to Dom3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
It's much better, and you don't have to dig through so many menus to find important info. On the other hand, lots of the menus have semi-transparency and smaller text so that maybe annoying.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Wait, wasn't semi-transparency adjustable?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I'm trying to think of insults against Caelum and Atlantis.
Well I got that Pele sprite finally.

amuayse fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 21, 2013

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Pierzak posted:

Cattebloops :catstare:

I'm pretty sure TheDemon has a picture from when Catorjekla;jf had AOE attacks but i can't find it in the old threads.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So when is this game supposed to be fully released again?

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
I think it was Diabl0's pic, maybe, or Flavahbeast's. They're our pros at finding broken poo poo.

So! Muspelheim version 03, with Rzal's sprites:

http://www.mediafire.com/?w6c600u196nhld7

This version is what I call "playable". I've commented out the things that aren't finished yet.

HUGE thanks to Rzal for bringing this nation to life. I'm still working on the descriptions, the national spells, and a version for non-DE. Starting with Surtr as a starting scout is a bit unbalanced in the unmodded game.

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 21, 2013

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So when is this game supposed to be fully released again?

'Preliminary release date' is Sept. 28. Whether they'll hit that or not who knows.

NiknudStunod
May 2, 2009
is this coming out on steam?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Muspelheim looks fantastic, great work, guys.

TotallyGreen
Jun 30, 2002

REMIND ME AGAIN, HOW
THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED
ONES MOVE.

NiknudStunod posted:

is this coming out on steam?

All we know is that if it does, everyone who bought it on Desura will be given a steam code.

That said, since 3 is on steam now, it is almost certain 4 will be on steam, eventually. When is anybody's guess.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

TheDemon posted:

HUGE thanks to Rzal for bringing this nation to life. I'm still working on the descriptions, the national spells, and a version for non-DE. Starting with Surtr as a starting scout is a bit unbalanced in the unmodded game.

Seconding this. Great work! Alas, now I need to find something new to pester TheDemon about.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Tulip posted:

I'm pretty sure TheDemon has a picture from when Catorjekla;jf had AOE attacks but i can't find it in the old threads.

did they take out the aoe death gaze? :smith:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

These are probably the images you're thinking of, iirc they're from a mod game where a lot of the summon spells were made more efficient (catoblepi being a rare case of the unit actually being sort of worth the gems to begin with)

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Flavahbeast posted:

These are probably the images you're thinking of, iirc they're from a mod game where a lot of the summon spells were made more efficient (catoblepi being a rare case of the unit actually being sort of worth the gems to begin with)

PRECISELY! I dug through the last two threads filtering for both you and Diabl0, didn't see them. Was i just a moron or did the host die?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

idk, pretty sure I posted them on these forums. I think it was Demon's Dominions Enhanced mod so maybe there was a seperate thread for that?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
gently caress me those Cattleplebs are certainly a thing.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

theres actually a lot more than you can see in the picture, probably at least 9

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Flavahbeast posted:

did they take out the aoe death gaze? :smith:
If they did take it out, they've put it back in now.

It's a precision 100, AOE 5, ranged murder vs MR check in my game.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

tooterfish posted:

If they did take it out, they've put it back in now.

It's a precision 100, AOE 5, ranged murder vs MR check in my game.

Are you sure its save or die? In vanilla it was the same thing but AN 15 damage instead of death in dom3. DE mod just increased the damage from 15 to 999.

Lilli fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 22, 2013

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Yeah it's 15 AN damage. I was being melodramatic, because that's what it looks like when you get a few lined up.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

What's up with EA/MA Pangaea losing access to carrion reanimation spells? Saving up death gems or hoping for N1D1 wolf tribe shamans to build a carrion factory added a cool facet to Pangaea and it's not like they removed the blood summons from MA Mictlan

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Pangaea splinters into Asphodel in the middle age, is that where they went?

Dominion kills population and they get carrion freespawns. Hippy Ermor basically. Although they have national recruits too, not just summons.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Wow, tri blesses are pretty scary.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

amuayse posted:

We could try to resurrect SADASS and see if a draft group fucks up so bad that somebody gets Divine Throne + Jaguar Warriors.

e: Again. I just wanted to double check that that is what Fleur Bleu did. F9A9W9E9S9 was a truly excessive bless.

Tulip fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 22, 2013

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

amuayse posted:

Blesses in general are pretty poo poo in Dom4, given the greater emphasis on scales, but if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009

Tulip posted:

We could try to resurrect SADASS and see if a draft group fucks up so bad that somebody gets Divine Throne + Jaguar Warriors.

e: Again. I just wanted to double check that that is what Fleur Bleu did. F9A9W9E9S9 was a truly excessive bless.

I think it was 4 major bless' F9W9A9E9 and then N4 maybe? And got lucky and found a flame shield from a random event turning one of the ponymen into a butchering machine.

Big Sean
Jan 18, 2010
Maybe a trivial data point, but I am playing a SP game as Mictlan (BH changes, boo) and the throne of splendour gives awe +1 to sacreds. It's pretty aggressive.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

LordLeckie posted:

I think it was 4 major bless' F9W9A9E9 and then N4 maybe? And got lucky and found a flame shield from a random event turning one of the ponymen into a butchering machine.

NOPE

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009

Ahahah wow its more beautiful that my memory could handle.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Was than an AG Divine Throne or something?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Was than an AG Divine Throne or something?

That was an AG Divine Throne in SADASS, where the division I was in was dumb as poo poo and allowed someone to get both that thing and Jags. The worst part is, we could actually have killed him anyway, if not for a bunch of people staling out and the one other guy who stayed betraying me. And then, I think, staling out later.

Anyway, AwesomeGods is going to come back with Dom4, and it's going to be more awesome than ever, with all the new stuff I can put on gods. Especially the new ability to summon random creatures from a pool, either existing or built yourself, and the start of battle summons that don't require a #onebattlespell.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
loving nice. Any way I can help?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
#makemonster is bugged currently.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

It's been changed to #makemonsters, for no very clear reason.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

loving nice. Any way I can help?

Yes. Compile a list of every single god chassis, their name, and their creature number, and throw them all in a doc. Doesn't even have to be particularly organized, and it will make the modding go much faster.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
You're going to update it when the release comes out, right? Illwinter did say they would add a bunch of pretenders and put in the descriptions for the gods that don't have them.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

amuayse posted:

You're going to update it when the release comes out, right? Illwinter did say they would add a bunch of pretenders and put in the descriptions for the gods that don't have them.

I'm not even going to start until the release.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Anyway, AwesomeGods is going to come back with Dom4, and it's going to be more awesome than ever, with all the new stuff I can put on gods. Especially the new ability to summon random creatures from a pool, either existing or built yourself, and the start of battle summons that don't require a #onebattlespell.

Prince of Death needs to be accompanied by a black picket fence instead of shades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I'm dicking around in single player, in year 10 of a long game. Last turn I got a worldwide event raising unrest when astrologers predicted a comet was heading for Earth. This turn there's another worldwide event saying the comet is visible in the sky, and unrest has skyrocketed all over my empire. Wonder what's going to happen next turn...

e: the comet hit a random province, not one of mine, but the description said it annihilated the whole population. This game :allears:

How are u fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 22, 2013

• Locked thread