Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
As a paying consumer I

Fallom posted:

I'm not sure where I'm standing in this anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttKJwvFIgw

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Battlefield 4 in a month. :swoon:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I hope BF4 on PC has that rad-rear end web interface that people constantly bitched about for no apparent reason

"It makes the game load slower!"

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
please tell me that at some point in this game you can choose to kill michael's kids

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INi7srItF6g

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

Please don't be one of those PC goons who freaks out about niggling stuff. Some rear end in a top hat had a pages-long riot fest about Rome II being at only 40 fps on his sick rear end dual-GTX 680 rig or some poo poo. He was so personally offended that others enjoyed the game just fine.

Pretty much all Games meltdowns are hilarious.

If you talkin bout the guy I think you are, I wanna slit his throat and take his nice computer to play Rome on at a nice 40 fps and I would make a drinking cup out his skull too. Whiny little bitch.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

If you talkin bout the guy I think you are, I wanna slit his throat and take his nice computer to play Rome on at a nice 40 fps and I would make a drinking cup out his skull too. Whiny little bitch.

Athropos or something. I think him and the other shitstains left the thread in a huff.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
Yea sounds about right. Little pecker got spoiled by all the console ports so this game made exclusively for pc comes along and he cant max out the settings and have it run smooth as glass. A bloo bloo bloo. Best thing is him constantly poo poo talking bout how hes going back to Shogun 2 which is a real game then the next post he's talking about Rome again.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Yea sounds about right. Little pecker got spoiled by all the console ports so this game made exclusively for pc comes along and he cant max out the settings and have it run smooth as glass. A bloo bloo bloo. Best thing is him constantly poo poo talking bout how hes going back to Shogun 2 which is a real game then the next post he's talking about Rome again.

Haha yea he was such a shithead. Rome II owns. I haven't played it much at all this week because of school and GTA V.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

poo poo you had 5.5? lucky.

No poo poo. We had 4.0 forever on our first computer, then we shelled out for 5.0 and it was so buggy as to be unusable. Massive problems running WordPerfect 5.1.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Haha yea he was such a shithead. Rome II owns. I haven't played it much at all this week because of school and GTA V.

Beta patch 3 improved the actual gameplay but I get a bunch of weird slowdown when pawns are moving on the campaign map and occasional slowmo poo poo in battles. Hopefully they resolve it when it goes final.

Got ambushed for the first time, my own Teutoberg Wald. My boys put up a good fight though, outnumbered 2:1 in a dong shaped ambush. Killed over half of the 5000 Cisalpinian Gauls, but in the end it wasn't enough. I think it's time to finally retire my levy freemen, even though they're rank 8-9, they're struggling against all the sword armed assholes out there.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Fallom posted:

I'm not sure where I'm standing in this anymore

Not, not, knee deep in faggotry.

But it's okay, at least you weren't literally shaking with rage over it.

I haven't bought the new GTA game yet, but I did take the caddy to the track for the first time this weekend :)

Note, I'm white trash-- the Track was a 1/8 and 1/4 drag track haha. Turning is for faggots I WANNA GO FAST ;)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Beta patch 3 improved the actual gameplay but I get a bunch of weird slowdown when pawns are moving on the campaign map and occasional slowmo poo poo in battles. Hopefully they resolve it when it goes final.

Got ambushed for the first time, my own Teutoberg Wald. My boys put up a good fight though, outnumbered 2:1 in a dong shaped ambush. Killed over half of the 5000 Cisalpinian Gauls, but in the end it wasn't enough. I think it's time to finally retire my levy freemen, even though they're rank 8-9, they're struggling against all the sword armed assholes out there.

poo poo Beta patch 3 is out? I'm way behind on that thread.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

GD_American posted:

No poo poo. We had 4.0 forever on our first computer, then we shelled out for 5.0 and it was so buggy as to be unusable. Massive problems running WordPerfect 5.1.

poo poo yes dos 4.0

I remember having to install Windows 95 years later via floppy. 13 loving discs. But gently caress it, Doom 95 for life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN0K58EfJSg

edit: holy poo poo that was 18 years ago

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CISNAZI WEEDHITLER posted:

Not, not, knee deep in faggotry.

But it's okay, at least you weren't literally shaking with rage over it.

I haven't bought the new GTA game yet, but I did take the caddy to the track for the first time this weekend :)

Note, I'm white trash-- the Track was a 1/8 and 1/4 drag track haha. Turning is for faggots I WANNA GO FAST ;)

gently caress man some day I want to make it to the point where I got something to take to a track. 02 Impalas don't cut it I GUESS

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fallom posted:

I hope BF4 on PC has that rad-rear end web interface that people constantly bitched about for no apparent reason

"It makes the game load slower!"

It will. But FWIW it took several patches to get that poo poo to work reasonably well...and it still won't let you join a co-op game for several hours after playing one. It says you're still playing and won't let you join. So, hopefully you and your partner don't drop connection, or have to go take a mega poo poo between levels or anything. Otherwise you're done for the day.

I think that problem cropped up after the June patch, still not fixed. What I'm saying is gently caress EA.

Edit: I remember getting our first PC soundcard and being blown away that the Nazis in Wolfenstein 3d were actually speaking German! With the internal speaker, they just made weird noises.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

It will. But FWIW it took several patches to get that poo poo to work reasonably well...and it still won't let you join a co-op game for several hours after playing one. It says you're still playing and won't let you join. So, hopefully you and your partner don't drop connection, or have to go take a mega poo poo between levels or anything. Otherwise you're done for the day.

Yeah I remember queuing for a server taking ages for them to implement, which was really annoying given how fundamental a feature it is.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
seriously, do I get to kill michael's kids at some point?

NIGGER DEATH TURBO fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 22, 2013

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Godholio posted:

I think that problem cropped up after the June patch, still not fixed. What I'm saying is gently caress EA.

I'm sure if I log in to Origin it will still say you are in a game with alcoholicmom.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

poo poo yes dos 4.0

I remember having to install Windows 95 years later via floppy. 13 loving discs. But gently caress it, Doom 95 for life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN0K58EfJSg

edit: holy poo poo that was 18 years ago

Oh gently caress. Windows 95. CD ROM drives were like $150 then too. First one I bought was at a little computer store in Killeen and it didn't have one of the disks in it. Talk about annoying.

I got Skyrim for my birthday (YAY FRIENDS!) and it's loving amazing. Blaze up a bowl, kick back and play Skyrim. Between that and Saints Row IV I got games for all moods.

I hope they come out with a new Fallout using the Skyrim engine.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The newest Fallout game is essentially Wasteland 2 which drops later this year.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

seriously, do I get to kill michael's kids at some point?

If you get to kill his wife, kids and that douchebag therapist of his, then this is my GOTYEY.

Risk your life to help them out of all the dumb poo poo they get into and all they do is bitch at you? :fuckoff:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

The newest Fallout game is essentially Wasteland 2 which drops later this year.

This October, even.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

This October, even.

Stackpole/Fargo/all involved?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

GD_American posted:

Looks like they are. It doesn't look like Fallout 3/NV at all.

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/press

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Lol, there are already goons in the GTA V games thread complaining about a lack of endgame content after you've finished the main story and all of the side quests. Like it's really Rockstar's fault that you blew through 60+ hours of content in the first 4 days that a game has been out, when they have already announced GTA Online is coming next month :jerkbag:

Sometimes I wish I could spend 12+ hours a day playing video games, and then I realize I enjoy having a life and being productive.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

This October, even.

This releases next month? I am so hosed. :ohdear:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

This October, even.

It's about loving time. Pretty sure when I backed this thing they said it would be done by now!
:goonsay:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

GD_American posted:

Yeah.

It looks like a super juiced up version of what was originally going to be Fallout 3 (Van Buren) in my eyes.

It's going to have some shortcomings, as any game with this kind of budget/timeline will but I'm pretty hopeful. This being wasteland instead of Fallout though I wonder if the completely different art direction is going to turn off the fans of the fallout universe who maybe never got a chance to do the original wasteland thing. It's much more 80's than retro 50's.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Enjoy.

http://www.indieroyale.com/bundle/key/I52368C9CD9AD3

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Yeah.

It looks like a super juiced up version of what was originally going to be Fallout 3 (Van Buren) in my eyes.

It's going to have some shortcomings, as any game with this kind of budget/timeline will but I'm pretty hopeful. This being wasteland instead of Fallout though I wonder if the completely different art direction is going to turn off the fans of the fallout universe who maybe never got a chance to do the original wasteland thing. It's much more 80's than retro 50's.

The budget stuff isn't that huge of a problem because of how they kept the game to that Fallout 1/2 perspective. It's supposedly a giant world where most of the content isn't really seen in the first playthrough anyway.

I do like how Brian Fargo said that Fallout is what he did when he couldn't make Wasteland 2.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Is Rome II still buggy as hell or should I buy it right now?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Martello posted:

Is Rome II still buggy as hell or should I buy it right now?

It's gotten much better. Worth the buy despite what the Games thread says.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
never listen to games

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

It's gotten much better. Worth the buy despite what the Games thread says.

Buyin it today, war dogs here I come

Games is terrible, the SRR thread is the only one I post in and even that one is pretty awful

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
War dogs are great. Fielding an army of mostly Praetorian and Legionnaires is amazing. Dunno if that's possible with the newest patches. It's been a bit since I've played last.

Oh be sure to opt in the beta patches on Steam.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Martello posted:

Buyin it today, war dogs here I come

Games is terrible, the SRR thread is the only one I post in and even that one is pretty awful

Rome and Battlefield 4 are getting bought right along side my new system. Come onnn tuition reimbursement.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Finally got GTAV. Game owns.

Grabbed it on PS3 because I'm a cheap piece of poo poo and gently caress xbox live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Finally got GTAV. Game owns.

Grabbed it on PS3 because I'm a cheap piece of poo poo and gently caress xbox live.

Ugh, is anyone playing on 360? I want to do the GTA Online thing.

• Locked thread