Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Just realized Revengeance has no guard named Johnny with IBS issues. I suppose it would have to be some kind of augmented cyborg IBS in this game, though.

turn off my IBS inhibitors

this is why I fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Waffleman_ posted:

The Snatchers are just the logical conclusion of cyborg advancements combined with Jack being back.

So Snatcher takes place in the grim darkness of the far future of the MGS universe.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Actually it takes place just a week after MGS4.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monkey Fracas posted:

Just realized Revengeance has no guard named Johnny with IBS issues.

Those are all the same Johnny, and considering how stupid of a character he was in MGS4, Liquid Poop can stay out of the games from now on.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Neruz posted:

So Snatcher takes place in the grim darkness of the far future of the MGS universe.

Also the middling years since the program started in the eighties. :eng101:

Monkey Fracas posted:

I think you're forgetting that this was an actual plot point in MGS4.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Captain Pissweak posted:

I think you're forgetting that this was an actual plot point in MGS4.

Except it was actually more like 'didn't get my IBS inhibitors installed because I'm afraid of needles'. :haw:

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

IronSaber posted:

Put Old Snake into the Vanquish armor and have Raiden Ninja Run alongside Snake as he sliderockets all over the dang place.

As far as I'm concerned, Vanquish and MGS take place in either the same, or near identical universes. So close in parallel that all it would take is the gentlest nudge for something to move from one to the other.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The .45 Colt Ocelot uses isn't nearly big enough to be a "magnum."
.45 Long Colt is almost identical in dimensions to .44 Magnum. The word only means that it's larger than an older cartridge it was based on, not that it's larger than most.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Revolvers can be magnums. "Magnum" just refers to the powder charge.

Pitch posted:

.45 Long Colt is almost identical in dimensions to .44 Magnum. The word only means that it's larger than an older cartridge it was based on, not that it's larger than most.

The codec infodump is coming from inside the thread! :tinfoil:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

Just realized Revengeance has no guard named Johnny with IBS issues. I suppose it would have to be some kind of augmented cyborg IBS in this game, though.

this is why I fight

JOHNNY IS B- oh excuse me where's the nearest bathroom Mr. Monsoon?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

The Snatchers are just the logical conclusion of cyborg advancements combined with Jack being back.

Actually it's the other way around. In Metal Gear 2 it's said that Dr. Madnar rebuilt Big Boss as a cyborg using parts from his Snatcher project.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Gruckles posted:

Actually it's the other way around. In Metal Gear 2 it's said that Dr. Madnar rebuilt Big Boss as a cyborg using parts from his Snatcher project.

Wasn't that just a joke about how Snake's Revenge was a thing where Big Boss turned into a giant stompy robot for the final boss battle?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Kadorhal posted:

Wasn't that just a joke about how Snake's Revenge was a thing where Big Boss turned into a giant stompy robot for the final boss battle?

Considering what's up with MGS5, not anymore.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Captain Pissweak posted:

Also the middling years since the program started in the eighties. :eng101:

But how do we know it's not actually thousands of years into the future and the people involved simply don't know that? Or to put it another way; are we sure the program started in our 80's and not the grim dark 80's of the far future?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
This thread is making me long for a Kojima Productions/Tales of Game's collaboration project.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Ain't no rules says a robot dog can't play post-apocalyptic basketball.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

toanoradian posted:

Ain't no rules says a robot dog can't play post-apocalyptic basketball.
Ah, but he will be only able to play in Animal League. Such discrimination proves that the world of the post-cyberpocalypse might be transhuman, but it's still not transhumane.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

How come nobody noticed the connection yet?

Madnar's real name is DoKtor Madnar

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bholder posted:

How come nobody noticed the connection yet?

Madnar's real name is DoKtor Madnar

His name is actually Wilheim Voight, sorry.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Waffleman_ posted:

His name is actually Wilheim Voight, sorry.
Is that actually his have or did you just misspell it? Because 'Wilhelm Vogt' sounds like someone made a genuine effort of trying to come up with a realistic German name.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

Is that actually his have or did you just misspell it? Because 'Wilhelm Vogt' sounds like someone made a genuine effort of trying to come up with a realistic German name.

According to the Metal Gear Wiki, it's Wilhelm Voight.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

According to the Metal Gear Wiki, it's Wilhelm Voight.

Which is probably a nod to Blade Runner.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

It was also shown on... I think Raiden's hud, during the ending sequence somewhere.

EDIT: Wait no I think it was while he was talking to the support crew guys about the cyborg kids.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Monkey Fracas posted:

this is why I fight

It did have an otaku guard working at Solis. And he's an even bigger nerd than Dr. Emmerich ever was.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HitTheTargets posted:

It did have an otaku guard working at Solis. And he's an even bigger nerd than Dr. Emmerich ever was.

That's Johnny's cousin Jimmy. Instead of IBS, he gets a lot of UTI.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

So I've been thinking about it and the number of male main characters in this series (non-bosses or support staff) that haven't lost a limb at some point is really tiny.

To my recollection it's Solid Snake, Otacon, Huey and I guess Hot Coldman. You could include Uncle Dad too I guess, but he's really not a main character.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Well, for all intents and purposes Huey lost two limbs from the get-go.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

LeafyOrb posted:

So I've been thinking about it and the number of male main characters in this series (non-bosses or support staff) that haven't lost a limb at some point is really tiny.

To my recollection it's Solid Snake, Otacon, Huey and I guess Hot Coldman. You could include Uncle Dad too I guess, but he's really not a main character.

Master Miller? He's at least as integral as Otacon is.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Patter Song posted:

Haven't watched the MGSV trailers have you?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Patter Song posted:

He lost his sunglasses, which is worse than a limb. Of course, that goes out the window if Liquid just got another pair instead of stealing them right off of his corpse.

Yeah right.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

LeafyOrb posted:

To my recollection it's Solid Snake, Otacon, Huey and I guess Hot Coldman.

Hot Coldman lost his arm when he launched it as a rocket at Big Boss.

God I love MGS.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's a different person.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Mr. Flunchy posted:

That was The Doorknob.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mr. Flunchy posted:

God I love MGS.

You're thinking of Steve Blum's character in Peace Walker, Steve Blum.

I mean Zadornov.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Technically Liquid didn't lose an arm, he gained a body.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Did I miss a ballpark start date on C&I's DLC playthroughs? Or is it done when it's done?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He said about 2 weeks iirc.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I've got all of Blade Wolf's DLC recorded, we just need to do the commentary for it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
You're doing Sam's last, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Seems like a good idea. Wolf's feels a bit anticlimactic after Sam's.

• Locked thread